Rice is not only a tasty, useful product, but also a wonderful cosmetic. Infusion of it helps to eliminate irritation, narrow pores, prevent acne. Apply the tool in pure form (for washing), and in the form of scrub, mask, lotion for face and body skin. Those who regularly take rice water inside, provide their own body with a set of useful substances.
What is rice water
This is a decoction that has many healing properties and can be applied externally or used inside. The Chinese have been honoring rice since time immemorial, believing that it can significantly prolong human life thanks to the normalization of the work of all organs and systems of the body. Rice water, which was invented by the people of China, has a healing effect, which Russians have been convinced of since the times of the Soviet Union, when decoction was one of the most popular means of diarrhea.
Rice is a source of various components useful to the person. The most useful is brown variety of cereals, which is used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. The composition of rice water includes such substances:
- selenium, potassium (slow down aging, reduce the degree of exposure of harmful factors to the skin),
- vitamins of group B, including choline, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid (stimulate the formation of energy, have a beneficial effect on the skin, hair, improve metabolic processes),
- vitamin E (rejuvenates the body at the cellular level)
- ascorbic acid (serves as an antioxidant).
The composition of the product is suitable for any skin type, practically has no contraindications. The advantage of decoction for outdoor use is the ability to:
- tighten pores, toning the skin,
- give elasticity and smoothness to the epidermis,
- improve color, refresh skin,
- accelerate the healing of burns, scars,
- to nourish tissues with vitamins and other beneficial substances
- eliminate fine wrinkles, slow down skin aging,
- eliminate excess fat, normalize the sebaceous glands,
- activate blood circulation
- provide deep cleansing, moisturizing, softening of the epidermis,
- eliminate manifestations of dermatitis, eczema,
- relieve itching, rash,
- provide a whitening effect, prevent acne.
The tool is useful to apply not only externally, but also to use inside. Drink helps to conduct a deep cleansing of the body for a short time. The benefit of decoction is explained by such an action:
- removal of inflammations
- elimination of constipation, normalization of stool,
- cleansing the body of toxins,
- ensuring a fat burning effect
- acceleration of metabolism.
Infusion is suitable for daily use, while it is often used in cosmetology as a means to care or as a medicine. Indications for the use of rice water are:
- Eczema. Due to the starch in the composition, the tool has a positive effect on the epidermis, soothing it, relieving itching, providing a healing effect. For the treatment of eczema, it is necessary to moisten a cotton pad in solution and treat problem areas of the body with it. The procedure is repeated daily 1-2 times until the complete disappearance of the manifestations of pathology.
- Acne, acne marks. Rice decoction for the face speeds up the regenerative process, lightening the epidermis and eliminating red spots. To this end, the skin is wiped with rice water at night and in the morning after washing. Owners of dry skin after the procedure should be moistened with a cream.
- Itching, irritation. A decoction of rice relieves inflammation, soothing the skin. To do this, it is moistened with a cotton disc and applied to the damaged area of the face / body. To enhance the effect, the agent can be mixed with hydrolat or a decoction of medicinal herbs (succession, chamomile).
How to make rice water
This tool is known as one of the main secrets of the beauty of Asian women. Preparing rice water is very easy, while practically does not require cash expenditures. The simplest option for preparing a cosmetic product involves cooking the cereal (the variety is not important - you can take white or unpolished) over low heat for 20 minutes. Water is drained into a separate container, and rice itself can be used both for food and for scrubs. The following describes the preparation of various cosmetics based on the decoction.
Decoction for washing
As a rule, use the tool before bedtime, after removing cosmetics from the face. It is possible not only to wash with a liquid, but also to apply it in the form of a tonic, applying the composition on the skin with a cotton pad. The method of preparation means for cleansing oily skin:
- ½ cup cereal, rinse with running water,
- put the rice in a saucepan, cover with water for 20 minutes, letting the product stand, giving the water useful substances,
- strain the product, leaving the cereal in a separate bowl,
- daily washing with rice water.
Rice based fermented water
Infusion is often used for the preparation of home cosmetic compositions. It is recommended to store the finished product in an enamel pot and at a temperature not higher than 10 degrees for 5-7 days. Cooking method:
- leave the water after cooking the cereal at room temperature for a day,
- when gas bubbles appear, boil the obtained substance over high heat - this will stop the fermentation process,
- Wait for the fermented product to cool down and begin to treat the skin with it after cleansing with a foam or gel with a neutral pH.
This tool gently cleanses the skin, removing dirt and gradually eliminating black dots. In addition, rice tonic removes oily shine, slightly drying the epidermis, so a dry skin type is a contraindication to the use of liquid. The product is hypoallergenic and helps relieve irritation. Cooking method:
- place the cereal in a suitable container, cover with water, cover with a lid, leaving it overnight,
- strain the liquid in the morning and start using the skin on your face / body,
- the second cooking option is to boil water with rice, then drain the liquid and wait for it to cool,
- The resulting product can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
What it is?
Rice water is a product made from water and rice. In fact, it is rice water, although there are recipes that do not involve cooking. Such water is especially popular in Asian countries, where cereal is the most popular and is included in the daily diet.
The composition of rice water includes substances that contain this cereal. These are iron, iodine, calcium, zinc, potassium, fiber, carbohydrates, proteins, and also vitamins of group B.
Useful properties of rice water:
- This is an excellent skin cleanser. Moreover, it removes not only pollution, but also excess sebum. With the help of rice water you can get rid of black dots.
- Such water is good for the hair, because, firstly, it cleanses not only them, but also the scalp, and secondly, it nourishes, thirdly, it strengthens and restores the structure. With regular use, the curls acquire a healthy natural shine, become more elastic and voluminous.
- This tool is very useful for the skin and allows you to significantly alleviate the condition in such diseases as psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and others.
- Rice water helps to cleanse not only the skin and hair, but also the whole body. It is an excellent adsorbing agent, that is, attracts toxins, slags and other harmful substances, and then removes them.
- This tool helps with intestinal infections and poisoning. Firstly, thanks to zinc, which is part of it, it has an anti-inflammatory effect and soothes the irritated intestinal walls, secondly, it has a knitting effect and stops diarrhea.
- Rice water can have regenerating and wound-healing effects, so it can be used for wounds, ulcers, boils.
- It is an excellent general tonic that gives energy.
- With the help of rice water you can get rid of extra pounds, because it accelerates the metabolic processes and starts the burning of fat cells.
This is the recipe for the easiest rice water, which is best used for the face for cosmetic purposes, for example, for daily rubbing or washing.
For cooking will require 100 grams of rice and two glasses of water. It is best to use warm or hot water, then the nutrients will be released and pass into the liquid much faster. Place the rice in an enamel container, for example, in a saucepan.
It is not necessary to rinse it too thoroughly, since the remaining particles of the husk also have a lot of useful information. Just rinse gently in running water, this will be enough. Next, pour the water and leave the rice for two or three hours. Remember the cereal and actively mix with your hands so that it gives everything that it contains. Done, you can begin to use.
Prepare a decoction, which is good for the health and cleansing of the body, effective for poisoning and diarrhea, as well as for non-healing wounds and skin diseases.
For cooking you will need two tablespoons of rice and two glasses of water.
- Wash the rice and place in a saucepan, cover it with water.
- Put the pot on the fire.
- When water boils, reduce heat and cook rice for about two hours.
- Cool the broth, strain it through cheesecloth and start using.
Apply water prepared according to this recipe, should be externally in the form of lotions or compresses. Wiping is also effective. For diarrhea, it is recommended to use a quarter or half cup several times a day until the condition improves. To cleanse the body, take a glass of decoction before going to bed.
Particularly useful is fermented rice water obtained during the fermentation process, i.e. fermentation. It is even richer in nutrients and can be used to combat black spots, improve hair condition, and also to normalize the intestinal microflora.
In order to get fermented rice water, you can use the tool prepared according to any of the two recipes described above to leave for a day in a warm place. If it is ready, it will get a sour taste.
Apply this tool can be used for rinsing hair after each shampooing. Also use the composition in the form of masks for acne. And in order to normalize the intestinal microflora and improve digestion, take half a glass an hour before breakfast during the week.
Rich fortified composition
1. A large number of complex carbohydrates allows you to soak the body's muscle tissue with energy that corresponds to the daily norm.
2. B vitamins have a positive effect on the work and strengthen the nervous system. They are also important for metabolism, stimulate the conversion of nutrients into energy.
3. Cellulose. There is not much of it in the rice itself, but if you cook the cereal with vegetables in the oven, you will get a very wholesome and satisfying dish, besides, a low-calorie meal.
Internal and external use of rice cereals
Surprisingly, rice is useful not only as a food product, very often this product is used in cosmetology and even in traditional medicine.
Useful properties of rice for external use
1. To remove freckles, age spots and even the tone of the face. About 50 grams of grains are taken, everything is ground in a coffee grinder. Next, you need to squeeze 150 grams of juice from the melon and boil the rice flour until the consistency of mousse is formed. The resulting mask can be stored in the refrigerator. It is applied twice a week for 15-20 minutes on the problem areas.
2. For healing wounds. It will take rice flour again. Only now it will need to be boiled in plain water, adding there 1 tablespoon of vinegar. The resulting porridge impose in the form of a compress on the dislocations, bruises.
The course of healing the body
1. You will need to purchase unpeeled round rice. Therapeutic course with its help is effective for cleaning the body.
2. Now you need to put as many spoons of cereals in a convenient container as a person’s age. For one year is one spoon.
3. Everything is filled with cold water, the container is placed in the refrigerator. Every morning you will need to drain the liquid, boil one spoonful of rice with a slide without salt and eat for breakfast.
4. The product must be eaten on an empty stomach, it is allowed to drink after 40 minutes.
5. The procedure is repeated daily until the croup in the tank is over.
The beneficial properties of rice are manifested during the procedure very effectively. During the period of medical prophylaxis, the cells of the body will be renewed, the skin will tighten (elasticity and elasticity will return), problems with sleep will disappear and immunity will increase. It is recommended to carry out the procedure from October to April, since it is at this time that the body needs to be updated and preventively cured.
Rice is tasty and healthy cereals, which is recommended for use by each person at least once a week. Especially appreciated losing weight, because the product is characterized by low calorie, while giving a feeling of fullness.
Boiled rice water method
Do you want to prepare a batch of healthy broth to use all week? Cook rice as usual, only use 2-3 times more water than the recipe requires. Cooked rice strain. The remaining water will contain a large amount of nutrients.
But you do not need to use a fully obtained infusion. Add only three tablespoons of concentrated rice water to a cup of pure water. The mixture will look milky.
And keep what is left in the refrigerator in a closed container. It can be held up to one week.
Fast method without boiling
This cooking method will appeal to those who are very busy. Believe me, you don’t waste a second on preparing this wonderful elixir.
Half a cup of rice, cover with two cups of water and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain the infusion. Use the resulting water to wash your hair and to wash your face. I do not recommend to store in the refrigerator. This is an express method - made and immediately used.
Fermented rice water
This cooking option is most effective. In the process of fermentation, the acidity of the decoction changes. The tool acquires an indicator of acidity, which is as close as possible to the natural pH of the hair. As a result, a chemical is released that promotes cell regeneration. Although the process will take you a little longer time, but believe me, it's worth it.
First follow the above method without boiling. But let the rice stand at room temperature for about two days. If you live in a warm climate, the fermentation process can be completed in one day. You will learn about the readiness of rice water when it smells a little. Do not worry, smell will be easy - do not have to wear a gas mask 🙂
This decoction can be used to rinse hair or to wash your face. But first dilute it with one or two cups of warm water. Store the remaining liquid in the refrigerator.
How useful rice water for hair
Have you ever wondered why Chinese women, Vietnamese women and other Asians have such gorgeous hair? But they are subject to the influence of the scorching sun. The tips are not pecked, and the hairs themselves are not overdried. It turns out that this is a great benefit of eating rice and using rice water. This remedy has the following effects on hair:
- Promotes hair growth. Yao women are famous for their extremely long hair. Most of them have hair longer than 140 centimeters. This Chinese village even appeared in the Guinness Book of Records. After all, its inhabitants have the longest hair in the world. They do not hide their secret - rice water is a growth stimulator.
The best way to achieve the same result is to make a decoction using a fermented cooking method. Be sure to add a few drops of rosemary or lavender essential oil to the water. Use this infusion for hair as an alternative to your regular shampoo.
- Makes hair healthy and softer. And it improves their elasticity. A study conducted in 2010 confirmed this data. Use shampoo and conditioner as usual. But instead of washing your head with plain water, use rice. Rinse hair once or twice a week for best results.
By the way, rice water is a safe hair styling product. It is necessary to rinse the hair, give it a little dry, and only then do her hair. In addition, this tool helps to get rid of dandruff. The effect is noticeable from the first days - itching decreases and less flakes fly.
At this wonderful properties of rice water for hair does not end there. It also protects against early gray hair.
Decoction of rice for weight loss
Today, no one will be surprised that the diet on rice really works. And numerous rave reviews on the Internet are proof of that. This discharge program is usually used to cleanse the body. And already losing weight is a kind of side effect. Nice bonus, right? 🙂
Но, оказывается, есть диета, в основе которой находится рисовая вода. Смысл ее состоит в том, что нужно заменять завтрак стаканом рисового отвара. Энергетическая ценность такой порции напитка составляет примерно 150 ккал. At the same time, it fills the body with a huge set of valuable substances.
The minimum duration of such a diet is 2 weeks. During this period, you can lose at least 2 kg of excess weight. And this is without hard restrictions and painful hunger strikes. You just need to replace one meal with a rice cocktail.
In case of poisoning
If you ate something wrong, do not panic. Make a decoction of rice - it will save you from poisoning. This cocktail has absorbent properties, so it will quickly relieve intoxication.
And yet, this drink, as I said, is rich in vitamins and carbohydrates. Therefore, it helps in a short period of time to restore the energy resources of the body. It also normalizes the water balance.
Possible harm from rice broth
Before you make an infusion and use it, I advise you to learn more about contraindications. This applies to both the application in cosmetology, and the use of a cocktail for weight loss.
Rice drink is contraindicated for persons suffering from inflammation of the pancreas. Also from its use it is better to refrain from constipation. Otherwise, the effect will be the opposite - instead of the expected weight loss will gain weight.
With diabetes before you lose weight on rice cocktail, you need to consult a doctor. He will take into account the peculiarities of the organism and the other diseases that are present, and only then he will advise how to lose weight. And even if the doctor approves this diet, you can take the broth only from brown rice.
As for the outdoor use of decoction, there are no contraindications. The only time that I want to draw your attention - this tool has a drying effect. Therefore, the owners of dry-type epidermis better not to abuse them.
Now, my friends, you know what rice water is for, and how to use it. Prepare a decoction, write your feedback in the comments. And share the recipe in social networks. And I say goodbye to you. I went to prepare myself an infusion for hair 🙂 Bye-bye.
Rice water for beauty
There is a lot of skin-friendly substances in rice water - vitamins, trace elements, antioxidants. Thanks to this, rice water helps protect the skin from the sun's rays, fight against inflammation and irritation of the skin, and prevents its premature aging.
One of these substances is inositol, which promotes cell growth and stimulates blood circulation, which helps prevent premature aging of the skin, and also reduces enlarged pores.
In conclusion, we list the beneficial cosmetic properties of rice water:
- makes skin softer and smoother
- excellent natural tonic
- helps to open and clean the pores of the skin
- softens skin irritation
- provides a protective layer of skin
- adds shine and softness to hair
How to cook rice water
Many people mistakenly believe that rice water is water that remains after washing the rice before cooking, but it is not. This water can be used, but it is not as useful as real rice water - the one that remains after cooking rice.
- ½ cup white rice.
- 4 cups of water.
What do we have to do?
- Pour 4 cups of water into the pot and set it on fire. Add the rice and simmer it for 20 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, pour the water into a glass jar. If you are going to make compresses, put water in the fridge.
Pregnant It is recommended to drink 8-10 cups of rice water per day..
In Mexico, it is customary to flavor rice water with cinnamon and sweeten with sugar. It is also combined with dairy products and nuts. However, when diarrhea is better to do without additives.
The benefits of rice water for skin
Rice water is very good for health, because It is rich in B vitamins, potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron and other nutrients. White rice is ideal for cooking. In the process of making white rice, a lot of nutrients remain in water or broth. This broth and should be used for medicinal purposes.
Important benefits of rice broth:
- prevents premature aging,
- increases energy
- eliminates gastrointestinal disorders (diarrhea),
- stimulates the production of collagen,
- stimulates the production of breast milk,
- relieves skin irritation,
- protects the skin from harmful UV rays,
- improves blood circulation
- improves skin firmness and elasticity.
Asian girls from ancient times used rice water to preserve beauty and prolong youth. It perfectly cleans, refreshes the face, prevents the appearance of black spots (read here), stimulates and protects the skin. In addition, it is also used and is currently used to strengthen the hair, improve their growth, add shine.
Rice water - skin lotion
As we have said, rice water is an ideal skin care product. You can prepare an alternative to your regular lotion. To do this, simply boil the white rice, then drain the water and store it in a cool place. After cooling, pour it into a glass container, add a few drops of olive oil, then shake. Rice lotion is great for tired, dull and pale skin. In Ayurveda, such a lotion has been recognized for centuries as a skin care product. Shelf life: 1 week. Basmani rice is one of the best varieties, which makes the skin soft.
In Japan and other countries, girls use rice skulls, masks, flour, which gently cleanse the face, tighten pores (read here).
How to use rice water?
Rice water can be used daily in the morning and evening. To do this, moisten a cotton swab in rice water, then wipe the face. This should be done after removing the makeup. It can be said that rice water is an alternative to floral water. Many girls notice that the skin after such cleansing becomes soft, velvety.
In addition, it can be used to rinse hair after washing. You can also apply it as a mask for a few minutes, then wash it off. Rice water contains a sufficient amount of fiber, which helps to restore the hair vitality.
In addition to rice broth, hair can be rinsed with water, which you washed with rice. The resulting solution will be easier, which will give hair shine.
Japanese girls also use fermented rice water for skin and hair care. It not only perfectly cleans the face, but also treats acne, eliminates scars. If you rinse your hair with fermented rice water, it will become stronger and thicker.
For its preparation usually take rice and water. Rice is poured with water, then after boiling water is drained. Repeat the process three times. The collected rice water is left warm for one day. The next day, it should be boiled for 3 minutes. So you stop the fermentation process.
Fermented rice water should be used to wash hair, or as a face lotion.
If your hair is damaged, or you suffer from hair loss, then in this case you should definitely use rice water. Ideally, it can be mixed with other ingredients, such as egg yolk, oils, yogurt, avocados, and used as masks for treating hair.
I use rice water for weight loss
Since rice water contains few calories, it is often used for weight loss as an additional means. It reduces hunger, causes a feeling of satiety, but it also contains a lot of nutrients. However, experts do not recommend fasting on rice water alone. Your diet should be balanced.
It is worth noting that rice water contains potassium, zinc, magnesium, some vitamins, folic acid and other valuable substances for the body. Just one glass of such water can eliminate vomiting, diarrhea, gastric and intestinal disorders. Many experts advise drinking it 1 to 2 cups a day during lactation, because it promotes milk synthesis.
An ancient Japanese recipe for skin rejuvenation
To look 10 years younger, the Japanese came up with a unique recipe, which includes white rice. It is rich in antioxidants that slow down the aging process, stimulate the production of collagen.
Mask recipe: 3 tablespoons of rice, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 spoon of honey.
Preparation: Rice should be boiled, then mixed with the rest of the ingredients. Leave the rice water for further care. Apply the mask to the skin with a thin layer, let it dry. Then rinse with warm water. Repeat the procedure at least 1 time per month.