The first reason for the increase in the number of people with obesity is a sedentary lifestyle and the abuse of unhealthy foods. The second factor of this unpleasant tribute of modernity is psychological dependence on food or compulsive gluttony. Compulsive binge eating is a constant, uncontrolled uncontrolled absorption of a huge amount of food in a small time interval that occurs on the nervous soil.
Causes of Compulsive Overeating
Frequent stress, striving for ideals, concern for tomorrow, personal causes of depression are causes of compulsive overeating, which lead to obsessive appetite and blockage of satiety by the cerebral cortex. A person suffering from uncontrolled eating, manifests a peculiar bouts of the disease - the weak-willed consumption of all kinds of food with simultaneous disabling control over the level of saturation.
Although emotional disturbances are considered the main causes of this psychogenic disorder, genetic factors are equally important. Character traits, susceptibility to everything around, the tendency to stress and depression, like other diseases in history, are also transmitted by genes. Therefore, uncontrolled gluttony is often a family problem, independent of gender and age.
Very often adolescents who are dissatisfied with themselves, with their lives and with the world around them, experience unbridled appetite. An important role in the development of this disease is played by hormones, which can partially disable the body's ability to feel a measure in food. Therefore, many women in the days of ovulation or the premenstrual period, there are episodes of strong zhora. Psychological overeating often occurs as a result of adherence to strict diets.
Symptoms of Compulsive Overeating
Emotional problems make a person muffle them with food. In emotionally difficult periods, the patient begins to eat quickly, a lot, everything. When the attack subsides a little, there is a strong sense of guilt for the lack of ability to control emotions and stop the process of eating food, which causes a critical decrease in self-esteem, aversion to their physical and psychological appearance, further aggravating the behavioral response to stress.
All the above-mentioned manifestations of excessive appetite are symptoms of compulsive overeating. As a result of using food as a sedative, problems with the digestive system are also often manifested: hungry pains in a state of strong emotional tension, which diminish during the meal (appear before breakfast), or stomach pain from stretching its walls with a large amount of food eaten in a very short time interval.
How to get rid of compulsive overeating
Psychogenic overeating is a specific disease that is often difficult to cope on your own at home. However, trying to get rid of compulsive overeating on their own is still worth it. The first thing you need to adjust your mental state. To do this, you need to reconsider the regime - get enough sleep, learn not to get upset over trifles, connect active physical exercises and meditation in order to get the most out of the problems gnawing from the inside.
Compulsive Overeating Treatment
Like other psychological disorders, the indomitable appetite is successfully treated. If you can not cope with the manifestations of the disease with the help of self-treatment, you should contact the specialists. Treatment of compulsive overeating in this case will consist in a complete change in gastronomic habits, attitudes to food, purification of the emotional background in order to restore the psyche and establish a healthy diet.
Compulsive Overeating Psychotherapy
The psychotherapy of compulsive overeating will help to significantly reduce, begin to heal, and eventually alleviate the symptoms of unhealthy gluttony at all. It is based on psychological approaches to solving problems, the purpose of which will be to eliminate the causes of the disease, correcting the eating habits of a glutton, forming an emotionally strong, positive-minded personality. The efforts of the psychotherapist will be crowned with success as soon as possible, if a nutritionist is involved in the treatment.
Preparations for the treatment of compulsive overeating
An alternative method of treating excessive appetite at home will be taking antidepressants. Since the disease has a psychogenic etiology, sedatives are the main drugs for the treatment of compulsive overeating. Additional means may be drugs to combat obesity. Any drug therapy should be prescribed by a doctor. To enhance the effect of treatment, you can join a group of the same compulsive glutton to treat the psyche together.
The effects of compulsive overeating
Excessive consumption of food in combination with a constant feeling of discontent and apathy are characterized by a rapid weight gain. Together with obesity, patients begin to collect their bouquet of diseases, the risk of which is incredibly high. The effects of compulsive overeating are diabetes mellitus, pressure surges, diseases of the digestive system, women's ailments, diseases of the musculoskeletal system and others.
Compulsive Overeating Test
An experienced psychologist or a nutritionist will be able to quickly and accurately determine such an eating disorder. If you just want to make sure whether you have such a disease, you can take a short test for compulsive eating at home on one of the special sites. As a rule, this test consists of only a few questions about your eating habits, attitude to yourself and your body, emotional and mental health.
Overeating - how is it dangerous for a person and how to deal with it?
Any celebrations, holidays, meetings with relatives, parties with friends, etc., as a rule, are usually accompanied by a feast with an abundance of tasty and hearty dishes.
Unfortunately, often this brings not only positive emotions and pleasure from delicious food, but also unpleasant consequences.
Very many people have to deal with the problem of overeating during feasts.
When there are many tasty and tasty dishes on the table in front of you, then you definitely want to try everything, but in the end the person simply does not count his strength and soon understands that he has eaten, feels general malaise, weakness, nausea and heaviness in the stomach ...
How to help yourself in this situation?
First you need to understand what overeating is, what are its causes and symptoms of manifestation. Accurate diagnosis will help eliminate any other health problems.
What is overeating?
Overeating is a eating disorder, during which a person consumes too much food, which is much more than his body really needs.
The topic of proper and healthy nutrition has become particularly relevant in recent times precisely because food, sadly, is a big problem in modern society.
Namely - the problem of overeating, which is aggravated by the fact that food is not used very healthy ...
American scientists who conducted research on this topic, calculated that an ordinary modern person, be it a child or an adult, consumes at least twice as much food as is really necessary to feel good, be healthy and active!
Overeating can definitely be called one of the most important dangers that await human health, since this problem is very common and has a rather extensive scale.
According to statistics, every second inhabitant of the planet overeats regularly, and for many of them overeating has become a daily bad habit that is not so easy to get rid of.
Why we overeat - the causes of overeating
The human stomach is able to stretch many times more than its usual state, in which it has no food.
But getting a large amount of food in the stomach is very dangerous for health and bad for good health.
A person should eat only when he begins to experience a feeling of real hunger, while consuming small portions.
Often people eat when they are not really hungry, but when they “just want to chew something.”
Usually it comes from boredom, from dissatisfaction with one’s life, as a way to get away from problems and reduce stress, to bring joyful emotions missing in life ...
Many people do not even know where their health problems come from, but they even cannot imagine that this is happening because of the regular consumption of too much food, and, often, not the most healthy food.
And many do not even realize that they eat too much, because for them it has become just a daily habit.
Statistics dietitians says that almost everyone who turns for help on the problem of weight loss, does not believe that he eats a lot!
The feeling of fullness arises in a person only 20 minutes after eating. The habit is fast and there is a lot - this is a direct way to the fact that food is consumed much more than is necessary.
Food culture is formed from an early age.
If a person has been accustomed since childhood there is a lot, there is a “supplement”, then over time, the volume of his stomach increases many times and it seems to a person that his portions are quite normal. In fact, they are not normal, they are just familiar to him.
Our appetite is very dependent on the components that make up the dish, and which enhance its smell and taste. All chemical enhancers of taste and smell are especially harmful in this respect.
Frequent consumption of convenience foods, fast food, “street food”, food “from bags”, which attract with its accessibility, its appetizing appearance and aroma, always leads to overeating.
If there is no diet, meals are often skipped during the day, then they are filled with a hearty and hearty dinner in front of the TV, which leads to overeating.
Strict diets can also cause overeating.
Symptoms of overeating
Most of all, the symptoms of overeating make themselves felt among those who have little movement and who have “sedentary” work.
Those who have more or less movement in their lives, or have enough movement, do not feel so much that they overeat: movement, as it were, “smoothes out” this problem and in part reduces the size of the harm done.
After a one-time overeating, you may feel the following symptoms:
- heaviness in the stomach and in the stomach,
- bloating, cramps and abdominal pain,
- nausea, maybe vomiting,
- general malaise, weakness,
- unhealthy complexion,
- insomnia, restless sleep, frequent waking,
- unpleasant belching in the morning, after overeating the day before,
- it becomes difficult to move, pulls into sleep, really want to lie down and not move at all.
In the case when overeating has already become regular and occurs over a long time, the symptoms of overeating become more complicated and you can already notice these:
- Increases body weight, especially for those who do not exercise and little moves.
- There are already serious problems with sleep, insomnia becomes chronic.
- There is a constant feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, a feeling of discomfort in the intestine, regular gas accumulation and bloating.
- There is no eating mode, the food becomes uncontrollable, the person “eats snacks”, which become very frequent.
- Food, for the most part, is saturated with fats, sweet, high-calorie, there is a systematic use of fast food and convenience foods.
Why overeat the harmful effects of overeating
In any case, even if you do not think that you eat too much food and overeat, you should reconsider your diet.
Especially if you are concerned about the presence of unpleasant moments on the part of body weight or the presence of not too good physical well-being.
Systematic overeating, a person ensures a metabolic disorder, excess weight and various diseases of the body.
Here are the consequences of systematic overeating:
- Overweight. And this is not only a feeling of heaviness in the whole body and the loss of physical attractiveness and fit. This is an excessive additional load on the joints and spine.
- Problems with the digestive tract and liver. When overeating is more likely to earn gastritis, colitis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, constipation and other problems with the gastrointestinal tract, in the form of chronic constipation, impaired digestibility of food, etc.
- Eating large amounts of food, as well as fatty, fried and sweet foods, is bad for the liver, causing it to cirrhosis. Among those who have cirrhosis, not all alcoholics, as is commonly believed. One of the causes of liver cirrhosis is overeating and abuse of harmful foods.
- Diseases of the heart and cardiovascular system. With an increase in human body weight, an increase in the mass of all internal organs occurs. In order to ensure their normal functioning, the heart has to work with an increased load, as a result of which heart contractions increase and other various pathological changes occur in the heart, shortness of breath appears, pressure rises, etc.
- In women, due to overeating, there is a disturbance in the work of the hormonal system: the menstrual cycle fails, problems arise with the conception of children, premature menopause occurs, etc.
- The above problems concern only the physical condition. Pathological changes also occur at the level of psychological state: a person who regularly overeats often has a bad mood, is sullen, apathetic, often dissatisfied with everything and irritable, dissatisfied with himself and other people, which negatively affects his life situation as a whole.
What to do when overeating?
If you still could not resist the temptation and ate more than originally planned, do not despair, everything is fixable.
There are many ways to help yourself, remove unpleasant feelings and get rid of the symptoms of overeating:
- A quick way to improve your health is to take a special medication that is aimed at improving the work of the entire digestive system. It can be “Festal”, “Creon”, “Hermital”, “Mezim Forte”, “Digestal”, “Panzinorm”, etc.
- If you don’t have such a medicine on hand, and you don’t know what to do, and you are also sick, you can take tablets of activated carbon, which are designed to act as a sorbent (1 tablet for every 10 kg of body weight).
- If vomiting is severe, then you can induce vomiting yourself, thereby clearing the stomach. And only after that take the appropriate medication. But do not do this if overeating was not too hard and you feel that you can help yourself in other ways. If everything is bad, then the cleansing of the stomach is inevitable, otherwise the recovery process after overeating can last for quite a long time and painfully.
- When overeating should drink plenty of fluids. Best of all - clean water to prevent dehydration of your body.
- After a hearty meal, you should never lie down and rest, or sit at the table for a long time. The best choice would be to stroll slowly in the fresh air, or somehow move around at home: wash the dishes, do the cleaning, or just dance if you are still at the celebration. After a little exercise, the body is already able to cope with the problem of overeating and restore their work.
- With a strong gravity in the stomach and with a feeling of fullness in the stomach, fresh lemon juice or freshly squeezed grapefruit juice perfectly helps. Especially if your food was greasy.
- Seeds of cumin, coriander, anise, and fennel have about the same effect. Chew a few seeds after a hearty meal and drink them down with a small amount of water. And it is better to grind the seeds in a coffee grinder and eat a teaspoon of the mixture, washed down with water.
- Drinking plenty of water immediately after a meal is very harmful. So the digestion is broken even more. Drink should be no earlier than an hour and a half, or even two, depending on how much meat and heavy food was eaten. A large amount of water is drunk immediately after a meal with the only goal - in order to help yourself pry up what was eaten and clear the stomach if you feel very bad.
- Perfectly relieves the heaviness in the stomach of green tea with mint, as it improves digestion in general.
- If overeating is insignificant, then banal chewing gum will help. Она будет способствовать активному выделению желудочного сока и процесс переваривания пищи будет происходить быстрее.
Переедание на ночь – что делать?
Поздний ужин, особенно, ужин с обилием жирной и калорийной пищи, очень вреден для нашего организма. Ночью организм должен быть занят тем, чтобы восстанавливать силы, а не переваривать съеденную пищу.
When eating at night and late dinners, sleep is disturbed, and inadequate night rest leads to bad mood in the morning, weakness and lethargy, instead of vigor and vigor.
In addition, late meals very strongly disrupt the hormonal system, they stimulate the active production of insulin, lead to swelling, overweight, diseases of internal organs, their obesity, bad breath, etc.
Dinner should be no later than 4-5 hours before bedtime. After dinner, there should be no "snacking at night", no wonder ancient Eastern wisdom says: "Go to bed hungry!". This statement is fully confirmed by the Old Slavic postulates about healthy eating.
If, nevertheless, you have eaten too late, or you feel that you have eaten a lot, then take medications containing digestive enzymes and be sure to walk for a while in bed in the fresh air for at least 20 minutes!
What to do when overeating sweet?
Of course, first of all, such a nuisance is familiar to women, it is women who are big, sweet-haired ones and love to feast on sweets in their cake. Cookies, sweets and cakes.
When overeating sweets, nutritionists advise to drink plenty of pure water, since all sweets, without exception, cause strong thirst.
And with a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, a cup of sugar-free ginger tea can effectively handle.
If you overeat chocolate and cake with fat cream, butter cream cakes, etc., then nutritionists advise you to abstain from food all the next day, and in the morning drink a good sorbent.
If it is hard to be without food all day, then you can spend it on green apples, make a salad “Whisk” (“Brush”): chopped raw beets, carrots, cabbage and apples, watered with lemon juice and one spoonful of olive oil. You can add prunes and pre-soaked raisins. This salad can be eaten all day. It perfectly cleans the entire intestine due to coarse fiber and normalizes digestion.
You can spend the whole day on a fresh smoothie made from fruits, vegetables, herbs and berries.
If the stomach is sick, then eat baked apples and vegetable soups without butter.
How to cure compulsive overeating?
The habit of eating compulsively will not pass by itself, this problem has deep psychological roots.
Therefore, in addition to medical treatment, which will only relieve the symptoms of overeating and reduce appetite, in addition to following a healthy diet, a person will need the help of a specialist. Appeal to him for help must necessarily!
The main task of treating compulsive overeating is not to remove the effects of overeating, but to learn to eat properly, observing healthy portion sizes and eliminating harmful foods.
The treatment of such a problem as compulsive overeating is a whole complex of measures, which includes not only medicines and work with a psychologist, it is a change in the whole way of life as a whole!
With the problem of compulsive overeating, you need to contact a psychotherapist - it is he who is engaged in treating this disease. Since no analyzes and instrumental methods of research can confirm or deny this diagnosis, a regular interview is used and a special test is conducted.
According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders of Mental Disorders, the diagnosis is confirmed when there are three of the five criteria:
- The feeling of fullness of the stomach after eating brings discomfort.
- Even a large portion is eaten very quickly, almost imperceptibly.
- Self-loathing, depressed mood, guilt after overeating.
- Food in the absence of hunger.
- Meals alone.
If the patient confirms that he has at least three symptoms, the psychotherapist diagnoses compulsive overeating.
Next, the weight is monitored: how much the patient weighed to a stressful situation and how much at the time of going to the doctor. An increase in body mass index is another confirmation of the diagnosis.
Therapy will be conducted in two directions at once, since the disease is complex. It combines psychological and physiological factors.
First, the disorder leads to weight gain, followed by obesity, metabolic syndrome, metabolic disorder, excessive load on the internal organs, fatty hepatosis and other related diseases. All these diseases will have to be treated.
Secondly, it is necessary to eliminate the root cause of overeating, that is, to treat a depressive state, reduce anxiety, and normalize sleep.
What it is
The disorder occurs in 3.5% of women and 2% of men.
Compulsive overeating is a mental illness, an eating disorder characterized by uncontrolled eating of foods. On the day a person arranges up to 30 snacks.
The desire to get rid of the eaten does not arise, but sometimes a person punishes himself. The punishment options are different, reaching bodily harm.
Signs of compulsive overeating:
- rapid absorption of large amounts of food (people with frustration eat up to abdominal pains, sometimes rupture of the stomach),
- the lack of regular and full meals - all day turns into one continuous act of consumption,
- constant feeling of hunger
- eating furtively, lying about the amount eaten,
- guilt and shame
- unscrupulous eating
- delicious "stash"
- mood swings.
Because of the systematic overeating and indiscriminate diet, there are irregularities in the gastrointestinal tract and cardiovascular system, problems with the skin, hair, nails, teeth. Gradually, the weight increases, but at the same time self-esteem falls.
How to fight
Realize the basis of overeating: a feeling of helplessness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, low self-esteem. With these points you need to fight. A more private approach and counseling therapist requires the identification of specific difficulties, injuries, unmet needs, which are also the basis of overeating.
Psychotherapeutic methods of treatment: group and individual psychotherapy, support groups, body-oriented therapy. In some cases, prescribed medication, for example, antidepressants, tranquilizers.
What you can do before visiting a psychotherapist:
- Stop reproaching yourself. You are not a bad person, you are a hostage to circumstances.
- Try counting to 20, chewing on each piece of food.
- Tell the problem to someone you trust. Ask for help, for example, eat with you, ask why you are avoiding lunch.
- Release negative emotions, master the techniques of self-regulation.
- Forget about diets forever.
- Change the usual environment.
- Be busy and satisfied with what you are doing.
The above actions will not cure you, but they will help you end up with a psychotherapist. In the future, when working with a specialist and after therapy, continue to adhere to these rules to avoid relapses.
Compulsive overeating requires an integrated approach in the treatment and assistance of a nutritionist, trainer, psychologist. Individually, these methods are not effective. As well as ineffective surgical removal of excess weight or separate medication.
The psychology of gluttony
Psychological impetus, as a rule, becomes trauma (loss of a loved one, difficulty in building relationships with society, inability to improve relations with others). The risk group includes people who are dissatisfied with themselves and with their lives, who suffer from depression and have a habit from childhood to associate pleasure and food. The disease develops gradually, and can go from a mild stage to a severe degree, for example, develop into a bulimia nervosa. Attacks of overeating are in no way connected with the feeling of hunger, rather they are caused by a bad mood.
One-time bouts of excessive absorption of food against the background of experiencing negative emotions are not yet a symptom of the described compulsive disorder. However, there may be a signal that a person is prone to the development of food compulsive mental disorders. The main symptoms are as follows:
- the desire to hide their tendency to seize problems from others,
- feeling guilty about your eating behavior,
- frequent mood swings
- lack of appetite,
- the rapid absorption of food, the onset of a feeling of fullness,
- moral self-flagellation after every meal,
- awareness of the problems with the diet, which can not cope on their own,
- repeated unsuccessful attempts to follow a diet with a steady constant increase in body weight.
Compulsive overeating: its types, causes, how to get rid
Food is needed by the body as a source of nutrients, due to which it can function normally. From here went the origins of the famous expression "we are what we eat." Excess or lack of any substances in the body, excessive addiction to food in general or to any particular type of food, an abnormal diet - all this threatens to cause serious health problems.
What is Compulsive Overeating?
Compulsive overeating is a psychological and often physiological state, when a person uses food not to satisfy hunger, but to be complacent in stressful situations or as a kind of compensation for a lack of positive emotions.
In other words, a person addicted to food does not begin to eat when he is hungry, but when he needs to be distracted, calm down, experience positive emotions, or just when you just need to do something about yourself.
It is worth noting that compulsive overeating does not necessarily have to be associated with addiction to food. This concept covers in general any problems, both psychological and physiological in nature, which have something to do with nutrition. Thus, there is cause for concern if a person is dependent on any food product, a specific diet or way of eating food, and this is deviant in nature.
For example, cases of voluntary refusal to use food to the detriment of oneself or total periodic overeating are equally classified as food addictions.
Stage 2 - in-depth diagnosis of the problem of overeating and clear formulation of the request.
At this stage, which can take 1-2 consultations, we study the history of the problem, what attempts you have made to solve it, how successful they were, how things are now. We also find out a picture of your current lifestyle (family, work, health, etc.), since any problem has its roots in the past, but at the same time it is always supported by something in the present.
Signs of compulsive overeating
The main symptom of compulsive overeating is the presence of irresistible craving for food, which causes inconvenience or even frankly harms health or life: excessive predilection for food. Otherwise, more detailed signs of the disease depend on the type of compulsive overeating.
Among them are the following:
- Frequent gusts fill the stomach as much as possible, regardless of whether there is a feeling of hunger.
- Getting full satisfaction only after overeating.
- Fear of gaining excess weight in combination with an incredible appetite, and as a result - the desire to use any method of cleansing the body from food.
- Continuous obsessive thoughts about food. Pondering the upcoming menu for breakfast or lunch, causing complete enjoyment and anticipation.
- Lack of adequate perception of oneself: dependent on food does not notice either excessive leanness or obesity in oneself.
- Constant guilt after overeating. Often, attempts to compensate for the feeling of guilt are either regular overeating, or excessively strict restrictions of oneself in eating. For example, a person sets himself the condition that for three days he will not eat at all.
- Search for excuses for their behavior that seem convincing to a person. For example, if another attack of gluttony is caused by a stressful situation, people suffering from food addiction assure themselves that he has every reason to calm his nerves with food.
- Refusal to visit catering establishments (cafes, restaurants, pizzerias). As a rule, a person is afraid that he will not cope with his appetite, and he will be ashamed in front of the people around him.
If you find at least three signs from the list above, there is a reason to look more attentively at your diet. If necessary, it is better to consult a specialist. What doctors help to get rid of food addictions, it will be a little later.
Types of compulsive dependence
- A person experiences an unreal, almost manic feeling of hunger, and receives complete satisfaction only after the stomach is completely full. In a healthy, such a level of saturation causes quite natural discomfort, and often even mild nausea.
- The need for constant, almost continuous chewing on something. The attempt to replace overeating with chewing gum especially aggravates the situation: the stomach is secreted by gastric juice on the basis of a reflex (a person is chewing - it means that food will soon enter the body and it must be digested), and the appetite increases.
- A person feels comfortable while he does not eat anything, but while eating he has an incredible appetite, which he cannot cope with.
- The desire to overeat at night, while the day food intake is completely absent. Basically, this happens either during an overly rigid diet (by night the body does not withstand hunger, and the person breaks down, and then everything repeats again), due to irregular work schedules or due to improperly formed eating habits. Due to this, the metabolism is disturbed, and there is a risk of gaining excess weight.
Consequences of the disease
It should be noted that food addiction affects the work of absolutely all body systems. Primarily affected organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The very first thing that threatens a person suffering from any form of food addiction is obesity or at least gaining excess weight.
- Both normal weight and the state of the musculoskeletal system are affected by overweight and lack of calcium in the body. The fat mass begins to exert pressure on the skeleton, due to which it is deformed and becomes weaker.
- Since the excess of certain substances that a person receives from food affects the entire body, there is a risk of various diseases: diabetes, osteoarthritis, apnea, and others. In addition, blood cholesterol levels increase.
- Certain foods affect the work of the brain in general and the general condition, the mood of a person in particular.
- Complexes and fears develop on the background of constant stresses and thoughts about food.
- Fatal outcome is possible both due to diseases due to obesity and depletion.
Which doctor can help get rid of food addiction
First you need to contact a psychologist. It will help determine the primary psychological causes of the disease: complexes, fears, dissatisfaction, and so on. Due to this, it will be much easier to correct their behavior.
It is worth considering the fact that it may take several meetings with a psychologist to completely get rid of the problem. Practice shows that if you pull the deeper cause of the development of dependence to the surface and competently work it out, at the physiological level it will be necessary only to get rid of the habit of overeating. The primary desire to replace food with any positive emotions or to calm the nerves due to overeating will be gone.
Despite the fact that in most cases, food addiction is psychological in nature, if the disease has already begun to develop, its effect on the body is inevitable. It is imperative to visit a therapist and pass tests to identify problems at the physiological level. The therapist will give recommendations and, if necessary, prescribe treatment. If the addiction could be detected in time, there may be no serious health problems on the basis of overeating.
In any case, you need to visit a nutritionist. A person whose diet has been disrupted for a long time is unlikely to be able to independently adjust his diet in such a way that it brings only benefit. Based on medical tests, a nutritionist will help to make a meal regime so that the patient gets enough nutrients, does not stay hungry, and at the same time adopts healthy eating habits. If the problem of food addiction was observed in a person for so long that he has already managed to gain excess weight or acquire any health problems, the doctor will select a diet that will help you lose weight and which corresponds to the state of the patient's body.
Food addiction is a disease that can be completely eliminated if one pays attention to it in time. Помимо самостоятельного контроля своего режима питания врачи настоятельно рекомендуют обратиться к специалистам, поскольку только хорошее медицинское обследование и грамотная консультация могут помочь сформировать правильны алгоритм действий.
Since, in most cases, the underlying causes of food dependence are psychological in nature, you may need to consult a psychologist, and perhaps not even one, but several. Do not neglect this, because the help of a good specialist can significantly bring the patient closer to getting rid of the disease.
3rd stage - the diagnosis of eating behavior.
At this stage (1-2 consultations), we analyze your diet for physiological causes of overeating. In addition, we evaluate your eating behavior on 5 key issues of conscious nutrition: why, when, what, how and how much do you eat? Based on this, specific tasks and recommendations for improving the diet and eating habits are given. At the following stages, the effectiveness of the tasks and recommendations completed is checked.
Stage 4 - work with the psychological causes of overeating.
This stage can take from 5-10 to 30-40 consultations depending on what exactly the reasons for overeating will be revealed.
For example, if overeating is a typical reaction to stress due to the lack of constructive ways to cope with it, then work on training in such constructive ways may take 10-15 consultations.
If, for example, overeating is a person’s way to cope with any feelings, when it’s difficult to understand and express emotions, in principle, the work on such “emotional learning” can take significantly longer, perhaps 20-30 consultations.