Down products have an excellent ability to retain heat, but at the same time allow the body to breathe. In connection with this, winter clothing with downy filler is especially appreciated. In it you will be comfortable at any temperature. But, like all things, it requires proper care. Only in this way the service life will be longer, and the appearance will remain attractive longer.
Where to begin?
First you need to figure out which particular filler you are dealing with. To do this, you should pay attention to the label, as the people are called “puff” all voluminous, “hollow”, jackets and coats.
The original down jacket contains, as a rule, goose, duck or swan down. This will be confirmed by the label "down" on the label.
It is also possible that the down is mixed with the feather, in which case you will notice the designation “feather”.
It is these types of products that require respect for themselves, since improper washing and drying can damage their appearance and significantly reduce heat-saving abilities.
In a typewriter or hands?
Both options are possible if you follow the basic rules. To begin, let's see how to wash a down jacket in a typewriter.
- Do not put any extra items in the drum, except for a jacket or coat.
- The recommended temperature range is no higher than 30 degrees. From the detergent is better to choose a gel.
- Before washing, inspect the product for stains. If any, it is necessary to pre-treat them with a stain remover or rub them with a soap sponge.
- To go to a typewriter, the product must be turned inside out, with a zipper and buttons buttoned. Fur need to unfasten and wash separately by hand.
- After the end of the washing mode, it will be necessary to turn on the rinsing again, as liquid detergents wash out poorly, forming stains on the surface of the cloth.
- If it is possible to reduce the number of revolutions during the spin cycle, then 600-800 will be quite enough.
And now an important secret. So that the fluff in the process of washing does not lump into clumps, you can purchase special balls for washing down jackets, and if they are not found, then tennis balls will do. Two or three pieces cast into the drum, and turn on the machine. They will not only improve the quality of washing, but also prevent the churning of the filler.
The only thing you need to pay attention to when buying tennis balls is their color. It is better if it is white. Colored can fade.
Washing by hand is no different from the machine. You just have to make extra effort, but the effect will be the same. Follow some simple rules:
- Do not use powder. As in the case of washing in the machine should choose gel detergents. The powder creates a large amount of foam, it is difficult to rinse out, and as a result white stains appear on the fabric.
- Inspect the thing. Pay special attention to the places of the most pollution - a collar, cuffs, pockets. If they are very dirty, rub them with a brush with soap or laundry gel.
- If the coat is not too dirty, then it is better to clean it, hanging on the hangers. So inside will get less foam. Dissolve detergent in water and apply it with a brush or sponge to the item, then rinse with a shower.
- Strongly soiled product is recommended to wash in the bathroom. How to do it right? Add water to it, dilute the gel and soak the down jacket for 15-20 minutes. After that, check the contaminated areas, and if necessary, rub with a brush. Rinse thoroughly after washing.
How to dry?
Many people mistakenly believe that it is enough just to hang the product on the battery and after a few hours it will be possible to wear it safely. This is a big mistake. So things can not only appear unpleasant smell, but also a lot of harmful microorganisms.
It is also worth refusing drying with a hairdryer to speed up the process. Too hot air negatively affects the natural filler, making the feather brittle. This means that the thing will not be so warm.
If you wash a down jacket in a typewriter, remove it, shake it and hang it on a hanger and send it to the balcony, or leave it in a well-ventilated room. Avoid direct sunlight so that the down does not dry out and the fabric does not burn out. During the drying period, you can beat the jacket several times to fluff the filler.
After hand washing, the item should be left on the hangers, and allowed to drain. After that also dry in a ventilated place.
Happy owners of washing machines with drying function, you need to set the careful mode for 2-3 hours, then beat well.
How to fix the error?
Is it possible to save the situation if you neglected the rules of washing and drying of the down jacket at home? If the product was incorrectly washed and dried on the battery, and it became superficially to resemble a windbreaker rather than a warm jacket, then listen to a few helpful tips:
- Disassemble with hands all formed inside the lumps and whisk them.
- Turn on the steam mode in the iron and walk over the inner surface of the product without touching it.
- Let cool and repeat the process again.
Our simple tips will help you save on dry cleaning and keep the original look of your down jacket, which will warm you even in the most severe frost.
Features washing delicate products from down
Before washing the downy shawl, it is necessary to determine the nature of pollution. If the fault is unappealing dirt from the streetit is enough to let it dry, then gently brushing it with a dry soft sponge. In a hit situation blood or wine on the surface of the product, washing the entire shawl is also optional. It is necessary to dissolve a couple of aspirin tablets in a liquid, then moisten the desired areas with a solution, hold for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
When the Orenburg downy shawl absorbed unpleasant odors, stale and requires mandatory washing, it will not be possible to avoid contact of the delicate product with water. So that the openwork cobweb does not sit down, and the down did not fall down, you need to perform washing according to all the rules. And it is important to remember that down products do not tolerate the influence of dry cleaners, because they need to be put in order only at home.
How to wash downy shawls: step by step instructions
- The product requires a good shake. Then gently comb the fluff first with a massage comb with soft teeth, then with a wooden comb. At this stage it is necessary to observe special care so as not to touch the loops and not to pull out the thin threads.
- Prepare a bathroom or a deep, roomy enough pelvis.
- Fill the selected container with plenty of water. Before you wash the downy shawl at home, you need to consider that it absorbs a lot of water, like other wool products. The temperature of the water should be in the range from 20 to 39 degrees. Too cold water will not allow to remove the dirt, and the hot will cause the product to sit down, confusing all the fluff.
- Add selected detergent to the liquid container.
- Immerse the web in the tank for about 25 minutes, soaking. It is not necessary to withstand such a product in water for too long.
- Gentle movements start washing. It is absolutely forbidden to unscrew the handkerchief, crumple and knead hard, otherwise it will change its shape.
- After it is necessary to rinse the delicate product well. Rinsing occurs at least 5 times, with a constant change of water or under running water. In this case, the following nuance should be taken into account: there should be no temperature difference between washing and rinsing, otherwise the shawl will sit at least 3 times.
- At the moment of the last rinsing of the product, it is necessary to pour into the water a little emollient, for example, conditioner for woolen or delicate fabrics, hair rinse. This ensures not only a pleasant smell, but also helps to make a downy shawl light and airy.
It is prohibited:
- pull the handkerchief to the corners, there is a risk of deforming the product,
- pour washing liquid on the shawl
- to put a feather scarf under the strong pressure of water
- rub, use improvised cleaning tools that can hook, pull or tear the threads.
Choice of detergent and additional recommendations
It is necessary to stretch such shawls exclusively by hand, thin material does not tolerate mechanical impact in the washing machine. But in addition to taking into account this nuance, you need to choose a suitable detergent.
How to wash a downy shawl: care products
- Baby soap that needs to be dissolved in water. Soap chips are also suitable.
- Any shampoo for hair.
- Transparent liquid soap of any brand. It should not contain a large number of chemical components, dyes, strong flavors.
- Liquid detergent for washing silk or wool products. If you dissolve the usual powder in water or choose the product used in the washing machine, then the soft down will suffer and the shawl will take on a “bare” look.
- The conditioner for linen, for example, "Lenor".
As folk remedies that help to understand how to wash downy shawls without the use of synthetic emollients, as well as helping to wash all the soap from the fibers of the material, ordinary vinegar. A couple of spoons should be dissolved in warm water during rinsing.
- If there is no possibility to wash the product with your hands, then you can send it to the automatic machine only by placing it in a special bag (cover) that will not allow the handkerchief to come into contact with the surface of the drum. Wanting to know the nuances of how to wash a downy shawl in a typewriter, you need to remember that the process should occur in a delicate mode (wool, silk), with a minimum temperature of heating water and without subsequent extraction.
- When the shawl has lost its white color, you can soak it for 6-10 hours in a solution of water (about 5-6 liters) and hydrogen peroxide (200-300 grams). Nuance: throughout the time of soaking, the solution should be heated, without changing its temperature, so that the product does not settle down afterwards.
- In order to keep an attractive scarf and down on it, after washing it should be wrapped in a roll, packed in a plastic bag and left in the freezer of the refrigerator for 5-8 hours. Then, removing the product, shake it and comb it with neat, unhurried movements.
- If there is a need not only to understand how to erase a downy shawl, but generally give it a fresh look, you can apply another popular recommendation. When weather conditions allow, put a down product under the snowfall or spread on pure snow, sprinkling it on top with the same scarf. Wait for half an hour, shake the shawl, dry and comb.
How to dry Orenburg shawls
The process of drying the product can proceed in different ways. Beforehand, it is necessary to allow excess moisture to drain from the scarf without squeezing the material. After a little blot a handkerchief with a towel and shake it. And then choose one of the options for drying.
How to dry a shawl
- Stretch it on a special, purchased in the hardware store frame with a grid.
- Secure with a threaded into the outer loop of the line on the studs, hammered into a homemade frame. It should be the size of the downy product.
- Having wetted the rest of the water with a dense soft cloth, you should spread the shawl on a towel or other fabric, gently straightening it, but not stretching it. In the process of drying from time to time a delicate product must be shaken. Combed down after drying.
In order to visually see the whole process of caring for this type of scarf, as well as to discover another method of drying, you should watch the video below:
Although the openwork handkerchief is delicate, it is not difficult to care for it at home. It is only important to carry out the washing correctly and not to resort to it too often, so as not to injure the constantly thin woolen threads.
What is important to know
Despite the fact that recommendations for washing and drying winter products on the down are everywhere, many housewives make a lot of common mistakes. As a rule, this contributes to laziness and lack of time. In the end, the down jacket begins to emit an unpleasant smell, which is quite difficult to fight.
- If the washing of the jacket is carried out using a household machine, in no case will you set the maximum temperature and high speed. Suitable processing options for delicate fabrics (temperature of 30 degrees, speed is absent or varying within 200-400).
- As a cleansing agent can be used only gel-like, but not bulk powders. If possible, choose a special composition labeled "for washing down jackets." If there is no such option, pour baby's dye-free shampoo into the powder and rinse compartment.
- It is important to remember forever that feathers can not be washed too often. Otherwise, detergents will wash away the protective layer that repels water. If you can remove the pollution by the dry method (brush), use it.
How to care for a down jacket
Before drying the jacket, it must be washed properly. If the procedure is violated, there will be stains on the surface, the down will curl up into balls, the product will dry for a very long time.
- Before sending the jacket to the washing machine, clean the particularly dirty places with a brush. This includes the collar, cuffs, pocket area. You can perform manipulations with a brush and dishwashing detergent (laundry soap, vinegar or ammonia). When the cleaning is done, do not dry it, immediately send it to the machine.
- Do not rush to start the device, unfasten the parts that give in to it. Wrap the metal elements with food film, turn the jacket inside out. Put 5-8 tennis balls in the drum, they will not allow the fluff to stray into balls. It is important to pre-wash the balls (if they are new) so that the down jacket does not stain.
- After preparation, pour the liquid powder into the special compartments of the machine, add rinse aid. Choose the appropriate mode, as long as it is careful. The best options are considered "Hand wash", "Delicates", "Wool items". Remove spin or set it to minimum.
How to dry down jacket
- After wet processing, it is time to proceed to the next stage - drying the product. It is important to understand that even if all the conditions for storage and washing are met, the jacket will become unusable if it is hung on a rope. Also, do not leave the product in a horizontal position or on radiators. What to do? Let's try to figure it out together.
- If woolen sweaters are dried on terry towels, this trick will not work with the down jacket. In this way, the product will start to produce an unpleasant odor, which can be managed only by repeated washing.
- After you have removed the jacket from the machine, shake it 3-5 times. Such a move will straighten the filler, as a result of which the fluff lumps will slightly wriggle. Shake lightly, do not shake too hard, so that the filler does not get stuck in one place.
- Make sure that the temperature in the room does not exceed 28 degrees. Hang the down jacket on the hanger, select a ventilated place. Hang the thing, sort through the lumps with your hands, breaking them into small pieces. Leave the product to dry, approach it periodically, knead the filler as it dries.
- If the down jacket is stitched with threads dividing the surface into compartments, it is sufficient to periodically knead the product. In such things (quality), the fluff does not lump together, therefore drying will take place without damage to the structure. Some people prefer to knock out outerwear with a carpet fitting; the main thing here is not to overdo it.
Drying of the down jacket does not present any particular difficulties, the main thing is to carry out the washing correctly before the procedure. Send the product to the drum machine in the form of inverted, put tennis balls, use only liquid powder. Dry the product on the hanger, periodically break the lumps of fluff. If desired, use a fan, direct air flow randomly (from side to side).
It is best of all to wash any down products at home with liquid detergents intended for this purpose; downy shawls are no exception.
For their careful cleaning such means as:
- baby soap dissolved in water
- liquid soap without dyes, excessive chemical components and sharp flavors,
- any liquid cleaners for wool products (ordinary laundry detergent injures downy fibers, and the tippet will have a “bare” look),
- linen air conditioner.
Basic rules for washing
The first basic rule of washing a downy shawl at home is its extremely rare washing.
Such a material as fluff, ideally, it is better not to wash it at all, but since this is not possible, you should try to make it happen infrequently.
Такое воздушное изделие нужно ограждать от мест с большой концентрацией запахов, например, мест для курения. Шаль довольно быстро впитывает разнообразные запахи.
Вторым правилом можно поставить правильную подготовку шали к стирке. Это включает в себя обязательное, аккуратное расчесывание платка для предотвращения сваляния пуха.
This should be done with a comb with wooden teeth or a comb rounded at the ends. Combing must be careful not to catch the loop.
The third basic rule is that downy tippet should only be hand washed. Regardless of the manufacturer of washing equipment and its quality, the handkerchief may not survive the automatic washing.
The fourth rule provides for strict compliance with the temperature of water in which the scarf will be washed.
Special attention should be paid to the fact that soaking, the washing itself and the subsequent rinsing of the product should occur in water of the same temperature.
The last rule will concern spinning and drying. The correct extraction should be natural - the handkerchief is placed in the net and suspended, the water drains itself.
After that, a fully stretched down scarf unfolds on a spread terry towel.
Careful preparation for washing a shawl at home should include the following steps:
- shawl well shaken and combed. If there is no special scallop, you can use a massage comb with wooden teeth.
- The capacity in which the washing is planned should be sufficiently large and deep. In the absence of such, it should be done in the bathroom.
- To make the wash quick and quality, the product can be soaked for 20 minutes.
How to wash a shawl by hand
The best option to clean the dirt or refresh such a delicate product would be best in dry cleaning.
However, not everyone has the time and opportunity for this, so consider how to wash a down shawl at home.
- In the tank where the washing will take place, water is poured no more than 35 degrees. In water that is cooler than this value, the product may not be washed out, or additional force will have to be applied to it, hotter - may harm the down. Water of 30-35 degrees will provide the softness and suppleness of the product, which is why it will not clump together.
- At all stages of cleaning the scarf, water should be of the same temperature - its difference affects the structure of wool fibers badly.
- The detergent chosen for washing must be completely dissolved in water and only after that can a scarf be placed in water. Let it lie down for five to seven minutes and proceed to the wash.
- Wash the shawl, you need to gently squeezing it. Do not twist, excessive creasing, clumping - this can lead to the loss of the shape of the scarf.
- Rinsing should be done several times, recommend at least five, each subsequent time, changing the water. This should be done as carefully as when washing, do not stretch or crush the scarf.
- When rinsing is done for the last time, an emollient for wool should be added to the water, such as a conditioner for wool items, or a hair rinse, or a few drops of white vinegar or freshly squeezed, strained lemon juice. Due to this drying, the threads of the product fluff and remain soft.
When washing is unacceptable:
- pull the shawl around the corners - it can cause deformation,
- pour the detergent directly on the handkerchief,
- Substitute or rinse the product under a strong stream of water
- rub hard or use for cleaning tools at hand, which can be hooked on the hinges, pull them out or tear them altogether.
How to wash a downy shawl in a typewriter
If, due to circumstances, hand washing is not possible, and washing the handkerchief is necessary, you will have to use the washing machine at your own risk.
You need to know that you should place the web scarf in the drum only in a case or a special package that will prevent the shawl from contacting the inside of the machine.
Naturally, the washing mode should be set to a delicate mode with minimal water heating. Automatic spinning should be disabled.
Here it should be repeated and note that machine wash is extremely undesirable for a downy shawl. Washing this thing is quite specific, and the washing machine will subject it to a strong mechanical effect, which can lead to stretching, deformation and just the loss of the appearance of the product.
Spin and Dry with or without frame
For proper drying, the product will have to tinker. At the end of the rinse, the product can be collected into a loose lump and gently press down with your palms for the initial extraction of the main amount of water.
Competent drying of a down product implies the availability of a special frame for this, which can be made on your own or purchased in a store. Its cost is no more than 250 rubles.
Using the frame, the handkerchief is dried as follows:
- on the edges of the product, you need to stretch a fishing line or a thick thread, along the cloves,
- With the help of a threaded thread, the shawl is fixed on the frame with carnations or office buttons,
- having soaked a handkerchief with a cloth in order to remove excess moisture, it is left on the frame for an hour,
- for complete drying, after an hour the shawl must be removed and laid out on a dry towel. Just straighten, do not stretch.
The entire period of drying should be whipped up.
The second way is to let the shawl dry faster, to go without a frame and to be simpler. However, drying out, there is a risk of shawl deformation.
- The product is wrapped in a roll in a towel for 15-20 minutes.
- This procedure is repeated as often as the towel is replaced with a dry one.
- After the main moisture is collected, the scarf is disassembled into a full-length dry cloth. To minimize the risk of deformation, it can be fixed around the perimeter of any non-heavy objects.
How to fluff a scarf after washing
Fluff down shawl can be one unusual way. After draining water from the scarf, it should be placed in an ordinary plastic bag and in this form placed in the freezer of the refrigerator.
Every hour the package should be shaken. After 5-6 hours, it can be reached and extremely carefully laid out on a clean surface, under the direct rays of the sun. The moisture that has expanded during freezing will melt the yarn when it melts.
How to whiten
Over time, shawls of light fluff can acquire a yellowish color, which ages the thing and the appearance as a whole. To bleach at home to use bleach, a component of which is chlorine, it is impossible.
The shawl is bleached with hydrogen peroxide or hydroperox.
The amount of money spent will depend on the weight of the scarf, which you can find out by weighing the product on the kitchen scale.
One hundred grams of the weight of the shawl will require 20 grams of peroxide or five tablets of hydroperit.
After counting the right amount of bleaching agent, it should be dissolved in water and salted with ammonia - 1 tablespoon to 1 liter of water.
In the prepared solution is placed a handkerchief for 5-6 hours. All this time you need to make sure that the temperature was in the region of 25-35 degrees.
After 5 hours, the product is taken out and very carefully taken care of several times, constantly changing the water.
Further, for drying, it should be fixed on a grid, so that the water goes off and put it in the package to send in the freezer for six hours. After that, get, decompose, shake and dry.
- So that after washing the goat down scarf does not sit down, washing and rinsing should be carried out in water of the same temperature. Shrinkage, if it takes place, will be insignificant.
- Before washing the Orenburg downy shawl in a washing machine, you should think several times and weigh all the risks.
- A yellowed white product can be washed in a mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide. The kerchief should be completely covered with water.
- Blood on shawls can be removed by dissolving aspirin in water and wiping the desired solution with the resulting solution.
- Normal street dirt on a scarf-cobweb does not necessarily immediately wash up. After drying, it can be removed with a dry brush.
- The rules for storing shawls imply that it is rolled into a roll and placed in a linen case or pouch. You can protect a thing from moths by placing a special tool or lavender, mint, and wormwood in the same bag.
- After storage, you can straighten the bends by hanging the shawl in the bathroom for the night or by sprinkling water on it.
Do not forget to share the article with friends and join us on social networks.
The main properties of the material
The main advantage of biotoop is that it is much warmer than a similar natural material. In addition, he:
- has insignificant volume
- able to keep warm air inside its structure,
- does not undergo deformation and rolling after numerous washes,
- moisture resistant
In order for the filler to last as long as possible, a certain care is required. First of all, you should learn how to wash it properly.
Washing products from biopuh: features
Answering the question of how to wash bio-booze, you should immediately make a reservation that this material is not among the most whimsical. If you follow some simple rules, a jacket and a down jacket with such a filler can be put in order in a washing machine. The filler does not get lost in one and will still keep warm well.
The main recommendations for washing biobugs can be formulated as follows:
- water temperature - no higher than 40 ˚C
- spin mode should not exceed 600 revolutions
- it is preferable to use a liquid detergent, as stains may remain from the standard powder,
- when using the air conditioner, use the additional rinse mode.
It is not necessary to soak a jacket with biopuha as a filler before washing. Even a short stay in stagnant water can seriously damage the artificial material.
If the jacket or down jacket is heavily soiled, it is better to simply lock a separate section manually under running water. For zastiryvaniya better to use soap or gentle bleach.
Many people prefer to wash the down jacket or jacket with artificial down filler manually, considering this method more effective and safer. It is necessary to act in this case in accordance with the following simple recommendations:
- dilute in a warm bath (not higher than 40 ˚C) gel or other liquid detergent,
- place the product in the solution and carefully beat it with your hands (this will make the fluff looser),
- after reaching a uniform wetting, proceed to the treatment of impurities.
It is not recommended to strongly compress the product in the process of hand washing. Insulation under mechanical stress can be crumpled and then it will be difficult (and sometimes not at all realistic) to break.
To dry a clean piece of clothing should be on a special stand or on a hanger - this will allow excess water to drain spontaneously without the need for squeezing.
Drying the product both after hand and machine wash should be carried out on a horizontal surface, having previously spread any good absorbent material. Probably, as it gets wet, the substrate will need to be replaced several times. Otherwise, the moisture will return to the filler. The product must be periodically turned over and shake up.
If possible, it is better to dry the biopoo in the fresh air. In the absence of it, it will be enough just to place the thing away from the heating devices.
Little is known, but products with ecopoo can be ironed. You only need to set the correct mode, which will correspond to the top layer of fabric. In the extreme case, you can restrict the steam. This procedure also does not cause any harm to the filler.
Proper washing of the material will significantly prolong the life of the product, even if it is subjected to intense wear.
Proper preparation: 4 steps
Washing a down jacket in an automatic machine requires preliminary preparation of the product. The preparatory stage consists of the following four steps.
- Check the pockets. In the pockets of the down jacket often remains all sorts of things: money, tickets for public transport, candy wrappers - this is just a small list of what can be found. Be sure to check the pockets before washing your coat, even if it seems to you that you always take everything out.
- Take care of the fur. Do you want the down coat after washing to not lose its presentable appearance? Unfasten the fur details. Artificial fur can still withstand a delicate wash (and even then not always), but the natural water is deformed and loses its appeal.
- We get stains. When wearing outerwear, the sleeves, collar, hem are most dirty. Check these areas for heavy contamination. Washing down jackets in the washing machine will not get rid of old stains in the “problem” areas, if they are not pre-treated. It is better to use a special soap designed to combat stains. Powder stain remover is not worth taking. It foams well, but in the case of the down jacket it should be avoided. Foaming agent is hard to wash out of clothing, which leads to the appearance of divorce.
- We fasten and twist. Down jackets are washed only inside out. Mechanical damage may appear on the visible side. Before sending outerwear to the drum, fasten all zippers / buttons / velcro. So they will remain intact. Buttoned-up jacket of holofiber or natural down keeps its shape better.
How to wash a down jacket in a washing machine: questions and answers
Before washing the down coat, read the label carefully. Many manufacturers post tips on how to care for the product. Each hostess needs to know the answers to three questions regarding washing a down coat.
- What program to wash down jacket? It all depends on your technique. The optimal mode for washing down jacket - "Delicate wash." He is in all modern machines. Also suitable mode "Wool" or "Synthetics." This is also a careful program. Some models are equipped with a special program “Washing of a Down Jacket / Duvet”. The water temperature is set at 30 ° C. It is possible and lower, but above - taboo: the top down clothing is deformed from high temperatures.
- How to choose a detergent for washing down jackets in a washing machine? Natural fluff requires the use of special tools that do not affect the insulating characteristics of the fillers and are easily washed out. Look for a suitable option in the department of household chemicals. Also suitable capsules, non-specialized powder, but not granular.
- How to rinse? Bio-fluff actively absorbs detergent, but does not want to “give” it. In order for the jacket to rinse well, you need to “drive out” a couple of cycles. Add about four over-rinses.
Many housewives do not dare to wash down coat in a typewriter, fearing that after such manipulation the filler is deformed. So it can happen. But if you know one secret, then all fears will be in vain.
How to wash a down jacket in an automatic machine so that the down does not go astray? Do not forget to throw balls for washing of down-padded coats together with a coat. They "break" the fluff while scrolling the drum. Thanks to the balls for washing down jackets, the filler will be distributed evenly, you will not find any “slides” inside the thing.
No special accessories? Suitable balls that are used in tennis. Three or four pieces is enough. They are put into the drum along with the product, which guarantees the integrity of the outerwear filler. Washing a down jacket with tennis balls has its own nuances. Pre-balls recommend washing. You need to make sure that their paint does not fade. Do not ignore this advice, especially if you have a light jacket: low-quality paint can permanently spoil your favorite winter outfit.
Dried by the rules ...
Properly washed outerwear - this is only half the battle. In order for the appearance of the down coat to further delight the owner, it is necessary to dry it, avoiding mistakes. How to dry a down jacket after washing? Follow the simple instructions.
- Taking out clothes from the machine, turn it. It is necessary to beat the fluff in the down jacket after washing. If you used balls, it is enough just to shake the coat, and then distribute the filler with your hands.
- Hang the coat on the hangers. All fasteners must be buttoned. So the uniform will be restored.
- Dry the coat in a well-ventilated area. You can position the down jacket near the heat source, but not too close. Turn the product out periodically and shake. From this fluff fluff.
... and how to dry
Sometimes the hostess make mistakes at the stage of drying, and the coat loses its appearance. Remember how to dry can not.
- On the battery. From hot air, the filler will begin to "climb."
- On a horizontal surface. The air must circulate, otherwise the fluff will scream. As a result, an unpleasant smell will appear, the thermal properties of the filler will be lost.
- With the help of a hair dryer. Under the influence of the flow of hot air filler can be deformed.
If something went wrong: sort 3 problems
You washed down jacket, but the result is not happy? Let's try to deal with three problems that most often owners of popular outerwear face.
Reason Перья и пух, выступающие в качестве наполнителя, были плохо обработаны производителем. Во время стирки жир с них смывается и проявляется на ткани в виде желтых разводов/пятен. Если разводы белые — причина кроется в большом количестве моющего средства. Они же появляются, если использовать обычный стиральный порошок, а не жидкое средство.
How to fix . To remove stains on a down jacket after washing, dishwashing liquid will help. Apply to stain and hold for ten minutes, then rinse. The method is used when oily yellow spots appear on the outer clothing. So that the down jacket was without stains from the powder, you need to rinse it thoroughly. Send the washed thing with white stains back to the drum and repeat the “Rinse” mode several times.
Reason You did not use balls or they were few. The wrong mode may have been selected.
How to fix . If the down got huddled in after washing, tennis balls will come to the rescue. Load the down jacket with balls in the machine, select only the spin mode - this will help straighten the down in the down jacket after washing.
Reason Violated the rules of drying.
How to fix . To get rid of the unpleasant smell, you will have to wash your outerwear and dry it according to the rules. Do not forget to fluff a down jacket after washing. Beat by hand, turn out. Be sure to air down coat in the fresh air for two days.
3 more tips
Found your perfect down jacket and want him to please you as long as possible? Listen to three helpful tips on proper care for your outerwear.
- Prepare sledge in the summer. Down jacket should be washed after the end of the season. If, with the onset of heat, the coats are put away in a closet without having washed them before, then it is highly likely that the contaminants will remain on them forever. Dirt has the properties to eats into the fabric, it will be more difficult to get rid of it. In addition, if the down jacket is clean, then a cold snap will not frighten you.
- Evaluate and study. Checking labels before washing is an axiom. But it is also important to objectively evaluate the quality of outerwear. When wearing a coat lez filler? There is a possibility that the down jacket will not survive the machine wash.
- Follow the "rule of one." If you have multiple down jackets, put them in order in turn. Do not put other things into the drum along with the coat.
Did you manage to wash the down jacket correctly in the washing machine at the end of the season? Now you need to store it until next winter. Be sure to make sure that the coat is completely dry, as the fluff deteriorates from rotting, rot, gets an unpleasant smell. Before sending to the closet, hang out a down jacket for two days on the balcony for airing. Keep outdoor clothing on hangers. You can not use cellophane, because it interferes with down "breathe". The optimal solution is a cotton cover. Put the lavender sachet inside, and the mole will not touch your jacket.
Is it possible to wash winter clothes by hand
Manual washing of a down jacket implies an understanding of the essence of this product and taking into account the requirements for its cleaning. Therefore, before proceeding with the process, it is necessary to look at its label and carefully study the features of winter clothing. First, the composition of the item must be written on the label: it may be 100% down, a mixture of down and feathers, wool, or artificial filler, for example, a synthetic winterizer, polyester or silicone. Depending on what is inside the thing, the treatment and care conditions will be different.
Secondly, you need to consider the symbols on the label describing the conditions of care for the thing: what temperature to erase, what mode to use, whether the product is allowed to iron and others. Wash down jacket by hand is possible only by observing these recommendations and processing conditions for various fillers. Then the thing will not be corrupted.
Another factor in the quality of washing insulated jackets is preparation. It is important to understand by what means and methods it is better to carry out the process, and also to prepare the thing itself for processing. If it is light, it will require frequent washing, and improper performance will certainly spoil it.
Preparation for manual cleaning
Before you start washing your winter clothes, you need proper preparation for the process. This will help facilitate the cleaning of the product and eliminate the mistakes of incorrect execution. As a rule, preparation includes several important steps:
- Remove all things from your pockets, pull out a belt, remove any jewelry, for example, a brooch, if any.
- Zip all the zippers.
- Detach the fur on the collar or hood, if any.
- If the product has a liner, it is also better to remove and wash it separately.
- Turn the jacket inside out.
Another stage of preparation is the treatment of stains on the jacket. In advance, they should be moistened with a small amount of water and wiped with soap or liquid laundry detergent. Use powder, especially potent, undesirable, it can leave streaks on the surface of the product and ruin the fluff. Detergent should be left on the fabric for 1-2 hours, and then proceed to further work.
Hand wash features
To understand how to wash a down jacket with your hands, you need to understand the appropriate means for cleaning, and to master the process of careful treatment of the product. One of the most important rules for home washing a winter jacket is to ban the use of dry powder. It is the usual powder that causes stains and ugly stains on the surface of the fabric.
What means to use
It is best to buy a liquid product designed for down jackets. It is suitable for both machine and hand washing, has a gentle composition that does not spoil the internal filler of things and high-quality cleaned the upper fabric of the jacket. Even if it is monochromatic, it is better to use liquid for colored products - it will help preserve the saturation of the fabric of any color.
If there is no special means at home, and it is urgently necessary to clean outerwear, it is better to use liquid soap or even shampoo for hair. Such cleaning will not be of high quality, but it will not spoil the thing either, as a dry powder can do.
Is it possible to rub down jacket
A large and voluminous product is difficult and inconvenient to wash in a basin by hand. It is especially hard to turn it over and carefully wipe away all the parts of a winter jacket that need attention. Therefore, many housewives use a small brush with soft bristles, which allows you to handle contaminated places - sleeves, collar, pocket area. Some even use an old toothbrush for this purpose.
You cannot rub the edges of the product together, as is often done when washing many other things. This will not only spoil the outer material, but also harm the filler. It is better to do it with a hand or a brush. A soft brush with detergent applied on it helps to quickly and easily remove dirt embedded in the fabric. However, rub these places with caution, not pressing hard.
After the main cleaning process is completed, the down jacket must be rinsed thoroughly several times. For convenience and completeness of the process, you can even take water into the bathroom, and not in the basin. High-quality rinsing will help avoid the occurrence of stains on the fabric. If they still remain, rinse can be repeated.
Rules and recommendations of experts
In addition to the main features of washing a down jacket at home, there are several recommendations that will help facilitate the process and get the expected result. These include:
- Erasing the winter jacket, you need to adjust the water temperature to medium mode, about 35-40 degrees. In no case do not use too hot water, as well as avoid temperature extremes. From this will depend on the quality and condition of the filler after the end of all work.
- If necessary, wash individual parts or areas, for example, remove a small speck, you can not wet the entire product, and only the right place to lock. This will not only speed up the process itself, but also allow things to dry faster.
- Even if you need to clean the whole thing completely, you need to start from the most polluted places, and then move on to the general process of washing and rinsing.
- To remove stains, you can use a stain remover, but before using it you need to carefully read the composition, and do not take products containing chlorine.
Considering these nuances of hand washing, it turns out to do everything correctly and correctly, avoiding mistakes that will be difficult to correct later. The main plus of washing with hands is that the filler does not roll off and does not get off, because in the process it can be controlled by hands and distributed properly.
How to dry a down jacket at home
In addition to the process of cleaning the winter product, you need to know how to properly dry the down jacket after washing, so as not to spoil the filler. Initially, you can not twist the jacket, especially if the inside of the natural down and feathers. Twisting will break and crush them, leading to loss of shape. Therefore, having finished washing, you need to hang a warmed thing over a bathtub or a shower stall to let the water flow. To speed up this process, you can lightly squeeze the individual parts of a winter jacket.
Further drying of the product involves the use of the hangers, since only a vertical arrangement is required. Hanging a down jacket on a hanger, you need to place it in a convenient place. It is important to remember a few nuances:
- You can not have a winter jacket close to the heating devices or batteries - hot air will negatively affect the filler.
- It is not necessary to hang out a hanger with a down jacket in the sun, direct rays will spoil the color of the material, and also violate the heat-saving properties of the filler.
- The room in which the winter clothes will dry should be well ventilated, then there will not be a stale unpleasant smell in it.
- As the product dries, it must be periodically whipped and shaken so that the filler remains evenly and does not clump together.
Drying rules are as important as the washing process itself, therefore following all the recommendations will allow you to do everything competently and get a clean product that has not lost its shape and heating properties. It is necessary to wash the down jacket as seldom as possible, but since from time to time it still has to be done, especially if the product is light, it is better to do everything correctly. Just spoil the expensive thing, but following the rules and recommendations, this can be avoided.