Couscous for me is mega ingenious croup. It is cooked in a matter of minutes, and homemade dishes with it are in no way inferior to a restaurant.
With the addition of herbs from the couscous, a fragrant side dish is produced with a balanced, savory taste. At the same time, it is universal - it goes well with both chicken and fish, as well as with pork and beef.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 150 grams couscous
- 1 onion (white or onion - no matter)
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 2 pinches seasoning "Italian herbs"
- 1 tablespoon of unscented refined vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
Put the kettle to boil. Wash and clean the onion and garlic clove. We cut them into small cubes. In this recipe, size is important - the couscous is very small, so all other ingredients must match.
Cut the garlic and onions into small cubes
Pour the oil into the pan, put it on medium heat and put the garlic. After the oil begins to go bubbles, fry it for 1-2 minutes until it gives a fairly strong aroma. Do not forget to constantly stir, so that it does not fry and burn, otherwise the dish will not work.
Fry garlic over medium heat
Add the onion, salt and fry it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The onion will turn out al dente - a bit crunchy, and will ideally blend in structure with fresh parsley.
While the onions are fried, wash the parsley, separate the leaves (only they go into the dish) and chop them finely.
Chop the parsley
Turn off the stove. Fall asleep in a frying pan couscous. Sprinkle it with 2 pinched Italian herbs between fingers.
Falling asleep cous cous
Fill the couscous with boiling water - it should cover it by about 1 centimeter. (Water absorbs very quickly, so there is less of it in the photo :-) Gently mix and salt.
Fill the couscous with boiling water
Close the lid and leave on the cooling basin for 3 minutes. Add the parsley, mix again and the fragrant side dish is ready!
Life hacking.Couscous cools very quickly. Therefore, before laying it out in plates, keep it under the lid.
A fragrant Mediterranean-style garnish of couscous!
What is couscous?
Who should appropriate the invention of such a popular couscous groats, to residents of African villages or Arabs, is still not precisely known.
Although, most likely, more developed nations simply borrowed the method of making surprisingly tasty and nutritious porridge from the millet that is always on hand from savages.
The first mentions of this dish are found in the late 12th and early 13th centuries.
The method of preparation is described as grinding millet into flour, then kneading dough from it with the addition of water, and then grinding them with a sieve into grains and drying them in the sun.
This work is quite laborious and today is fully automated, but in some countries, to this day, only manual production of cereals is recognized and only the fair sex is involved in this.
It is believed that hand-made grits are more useful, but this fact has not been scientifically proven. To taste these two types of finished cereals also do not differ.
The differences are perhaps the type of granules (it is clear that they are more uneven in manual work) and price (again, in manual production, it is several times higher).
How useful couscous cereal?
It cannot be said that couscous is wildly popular in our country.
Yes, they pay attention to it, some have already bought and prepared it, but still, the packaging more often remains in the supermarkets.
Why it happens?
Yes, to some extent the high price stops, but most likely, the main reason is the lack of information about the benefits of the product and the need to use it in a healthy diet of each family.
Often, couscous is called a vitamin cocktail and, indeed, the composition of the cereal is simply replete with substances that are beneficial to the human body:
- The main advantage is the B vitamins, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system and the timely renewal of its cells.
- Also noteworthy is copper, phosphorus, potassium and selenium, which are required for blood formation, for full-fledged work of the heart and blood vessels, for the tone of the whole body, for efficiency and good mood.
- It should be noted that these substances are perfectly absorbed by the body, and not just pass through it, as when using most other products.
- The regular presence of couscous in the menu provides a normal metabolism, significantly improves immunity, strengthens bone tissue, reduces cholesterol levels in the blood, regulates sugar content.
- Love cereal and for its nutritional value. You can enjoy a small portion.
Who is recommended to eat couscous?
To use cereal in your diet is primarily recommended for athletes and people, whose vital activity is associated with heavy physical exertion.
It saturates for a long time, ensures the supply of necessary substances.
The carbohydrates contained in couscous are absorbed slowly, and therefore energy is consumed evenly and lasts for a long time.
It does not hurt to use the ability of porridge to people who have problems with metabolism and the work of the digestive tract.
It should be understood that losing weight on couscous is unlikely to succeed. Yes, cleansing occurs and is quite active, so if excess weight was the cause of metabolic disorders, the figure will become more accurate, but you should take into account the high caloric content of the product.
Nutritionists, of course, advise to eat the finished dish in small portions, but, as practice shows, very few people adhere to this advice. Everyone knows that you need to chew on food for at least a minute and get up from a half-starved table.
But who observes this rule? So with portions of couscous. It is unlikely that someone can eat two tablespoons of cereal, so that having a tendency to obesity, it is necessary to use it as little as possible.
Good use of couscous on appearance, namely on the skin, hair and nails, helps to normalize water balance, prevents anemia, strengthens bones, supports kidney function, regulates blood sugar levels, significantly reduces the amount of harmful cholesterol.
Couscous slows down the natural processes of aging, relieves insomnia, improves performance.
At this point I want to dwell.
Earlier we said that those who have a tendency to obesity need to eat it in limited quantities, but at the same time there are many “pros” to use it in the diet of losing weight.
- First, it should be recognized as a fact of great cleansing. If we take into account that, by the age of 35, a person in the large intestine can accumulate up to 25 kg of fecal stones, then the use of porridge is a great way to get rid of them, and gradually without feeling discomfort.
- The second undoubted advantage for the normalization of weight is putting in order of metabolism.
It should also be noted saturation for a long time, but this is not the main thing. Couscous contains slow carbohydrates.
They contribute to more efficient breakdown of existing fat deposits, and also provide better absorption of nutrients from other products by the body.
Of course, if you cook porridge with butter, but served with fat milk and a piece of juicy and incredibly delicious steak, you will not be able to lose weight with the help of couscous.
But with a reasonable approach to the preparation of the diet, with sufficient content of vegetables and fruits, when eating cereal only once a day, it is quite possible.
Who is contraindicated to eat couscous?
They say that the benefits and harm always go together. This also applies to couscous. Alas, there is no perfect product in the world.
- The first thing to look out for is the high gluten content.
Due to this adhesive substance, it turns out to create couscous granules and ensure their long-lasting shape preservation.
To some extent, it is a preservative, which seems to seal the product, leaving all its benefits inside, but at the same time it is capable of causing tremendous harm to the body and cause not only the most serious diseases, but even death.
Previously, this problem was not given sufficient attention and it was believed that the use of gluten is prohibited only for those who have individual intolerance.
A couple of years ago, there was evidence that no more than 1% of the world's total population suffered from it.
But today, unfortunately, there are more and more such people, and the majority of them do not even suspect it.
Representatives of medicine say that every 3-5 people have gluten intolerance.
Thus, porridge should not be used in the diet of children under one year old, the elderly, and if after keeping it on the menu, there is nausea, vomiting, increased flatulence, you should immediately exclude it from the menu and visit the doctor.
- Also, abandon the cereal should be suffering from diabetes.
Rather, before cooking couscous, you should know that you can only eat it without using additional ingredients.
And since without them porridge turns out to be generally fresh and tasteless, then not everyone will like it.
How to cook couscous and what can be cooked from it?
Couscous has long been successfully used in cooking.
It is used for sweet and salty dishes.
Many cooks call it a transformer for the fact that it is surprisingly combined with any products at all.
Porridge is cooked with vegetables and fruits, fish, meat, mushrooms, seafood, etc.
Perfectly obtained couscous with zucchini.
Choice of spices should be stopped on marjoram and basil, you can also use thyme and oregano, but the tarragon must be categorically excluded.
Most often, couscous is served in the form of pilau, but salads and various snacks made from it are no less tasty. You can apply it to the first course.
The undoubted charm of porridge in almost instant cooking. It is enough just to pour boiling water over it, let it infuse and that's it! You can eat.
However, today it is considered that it is more useful to steam cook.
Moreover, having placed couscous, meat and vegetables at different levels of a steamer, it will be possible to cook a very fragrant and tasty dish with minimal use of spices.
It is interesting! It is known that African nations have a special device for cooking couscous. It looks like a multi-layered structure, on different tiers of which there are different products. Such a prototype of our double boiler.
Proven recipes with couscous
Consider a few proven recipes for cooking couscous at home:
- Pepper stuffed with couscous and mushrooms
150 grams of couscous salt and pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 5 minutes under the lid closed.
Rinse two tomatoes with boiling water, remove the peel and cut into small pieces of flesh.
Peel and chop the mushrooms, fry them with onions in a frying pan, add tomato paste to them, salt it with pepper and mix with couscous.
The proportions are about the same.
Salt and pepper to taste, add a little fresh greens. Fill the resulting mass of peeled peppers.
Put them on a baking tray covered with parchment, sprinkle with grated cheese on top. Bake for about half an hour.
Cooking this dish is like a recipe using rice, and in fact, couscous can be used in almost all dishes instead.
- Dried fruit couscous
100 grams of cereal pour boiling water, leave for 5 minutes.
During this time, prepare dried fruits.
They should be washed, pour warm water, then squeeze and finely chop.
Stir couscous to make it crumbly, add dried fruits (proportions in half), mix, sprinkle the resulting mass of lemon juice, you can mix with natural yogurt or add a little natural honey.
- Couscous with fish and vegetables
This dish turns out incredibly juicy and fragrant.
The whole secret is that it is prepared in parchment sachets.
You can buy them ready-made, but you can do it yourself.
About 300 grams of cereal, one small zucchini, a pair of onions, Bulgarian pepper and tomatoes are taken per kilo of fish fillet.
Vegetables clean and wash. Mix with couscous, salt and pepper.
Put in a bag, place a piece of fish on top, pre-rubbed with salt and spices. Package close and put in half an hour in the oven.
Serve in the same package so that the flavors and juice do not evaporate.
Bulgur and couscous main differences
Bulgur is considered another exotic cereal. With couscous, they are often confused, and to avoid this, consider the main differences.
- There are three types, or rather grinding: medium, large and solid. In appearance it resembles a chop or wheaten, only with a golden hue.
- In finished form has a pleasant nut shade. The taste is very reminiscent of pearl barley with the addition of butter, the texture is delicate and pleasant.
- Wheat grains are steamed and crushed. If you use germinated, the benefits will be several times more.
- Fry in a frying pan without adding oil, and then steamed in broth or in milk until tender.
- It has almost the correct rounded shape and granules of approximately the same size. Diameter about 0.2 cm
- It tastes like a tiny, cooked makaroshka. By itself, the croup is fresh, it has no taste.
- Wheat is ground into flour, sprinkled with salt water, mixed into the dough, and ground to obtain approximately the same grain size.
- Prepared in minutes after pouring boiling water or steaming.
Now you know that couscous does not just take place on the shelves of supermarkets.
Use a useful product with all the proposed recommendations and can make your diet not only varied, but also very useful.
You may also be interested in these posts:
With you was Alyona Yasneva, bye all!
JOIN MY GROUPS IN SOCIAL NETWORKS
How to choose the right ingredients
- To simply and tasty cook healthy exotic dishes from couscous according to ready-made recipes, prefer its options durum wheat or from high quality barley and rice.
- Its composition is strictly limited only by grain and water.
- It is desirable that its packaging was sufficiently sealed, as it quickly absorbs moisture and odors.
- Quality product should be packed in thick paper packaging.
Step by Step Cooking
- Dice 1 onion and 1 carrot into small cubes. We heat 3-4 spoonfuls of vegetable oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots to it and fry for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring lightly.
- We spread 250-300 g of finely chopped chicken fillet to vegetables. Pepper and salt to taste and, sprinkled with two pinches of fragrant basil, stir and fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Then pour all the ingredients with 200 ml of chicken broth, close the lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 150 g of couscous and 1 tbsp. l honey and simmer under the lid for another 5-7 minutes.
- Open, pour the juice of half an orange juice, mix well and put it on a platter for serving.
Cooking recipe video
With this video, we invite you to join the wonderful Moroccan cuisine and cook couscous with vegetables and chicken according to an oriental classic recipe. The unusual combination of ingredients such as vegetables, meat, spices, honey and citrus gives the dish an amazing and unique taste.
Basic tips and tricks
- According to nutritionists for preserving in croup the most useful mineral and vitamin composition best steamed.
- To use a simpler option of cooking fine-grained couscous, it is enough to pour boiling water in the saucepan, close the lid tightly and leave for 5-7 minutes. Beat gently with a fork for crispness and then fill with ingredients.
- For a crumbly and hard version, take 1 cup of cereals and 1 cup of water, and for a softer one, take 2 glasses of water.
- The first option is suitable as an additive to fresh vegetable salads with greens, and the second - more like a tender and fragrant side dish for all kinds of meat, fish and vegetable dishes.
- His coarse-grained petit as a side dish is cooked similarly to rice. Pour water in a ratio of 1 to 2, bring to a boil and boil over very low heat for about 15 minutes.
- The correct taste of it provides a useful composition of cold-pressed olive oil.
- Tightly packed store-bought product stored at room temperature for up to a year, and brought from Arab countries - about two months.
Now, having become acquainted with couscous, and already knowing what it is, it is worthwhile to discuss in more detail the specific benefits and possible harm of this cereal from its frequent use. Due to the high content of beneficial minerals and B vitamins, its regular use reduces cholesterol, the risk of vascular disease, the development of diabetes and improves the overall condition of the body. Helps to cope with problems of the intestines, joints, strengthens the heart and improves cerebral circulation.
If you periodically diversify your diet with this dish, then it is quite possible to control the excess weight. Но из-за высокой калорийности продукта переедать его не стоит, так как это ведет к набору лишних килограммов. Его частое употребление с острыми специями тоже не способствует оздоровлению.Patients with diabetes need to be very carefully included in their diet, and for people with gluten intolerance, it is generally contraindicated.
How to serve the dish and with what
Its supply in combination with fresh, roasted or grilled vegetables is very popular, filling it with a juicy and full-bodied taste. It is perfect as a garnish for delicious red beans, peas, asparagus, eggplants, sweet peppers and zucchini. Fans of vegetarian dishes will appreciate the recipe of cooking for a side dish of fresh spinach, which in a company with couscous has a lot of useful properties and a delicate delicate flavor. Perfectly complement the cereal with an unforgettable aroma of thyme, mint, basil, marjoram and thyme, and dried fruits and nuts are filled with a special taste.
As well as tasty cooked rice, it is ideal for all sorts of meat and fish. Following the national peculiarities, they spread it on an ordinary earthen dish, garnished with fresh greens, almonds or cinnamon, depending on the filling.
Couscous just created for various culinary experiments, as it prepares very quickly, it goes well with any products, easily absorbing their taste and aroma. Delicate and fragrant, it can replace buckwheat, rice, pasta and other cereals cooked according to a delicious recipe as a side dish.
In addition to the most common options with chicken, vegetables, fish, there are still a lot of exotic recipes from this product, gradually immersing us in the atmosphere of Arabic cuisine. There, it is traditionally eaten with lamb, camel, or lamb meat. Fill them with salads, puddings, put in soups, use as a filling for pies and for stuffing. It is very popular as sweet delicacies made from fresh and dried fruits with honey, sprinkled with grated nuts, sugar and cinnamon.
What it is?
Couscous is cereal that is made from grains of wheat, semolina, wheat, barley, or others. These grains are covered with a thin layer of flour, resulting in the formation of larger and fairly dense particles. Traditionally, couscous was prepared by women.
First, they sprayed grains of semolina water, then rubbed their hands until the formation of larger lumps, which are then dipped in flour or semolina. Next, the couscous is sieved on a sieve and dried.
Such procedures may be repeated several times. After all these actions are formed balls of golden or yellowish color, having a diameter of 1.5-2 millimeters. Today, the manufacturing process is mechanized, and in stores you can find many different varieties.
Which countries use couscous?
Couscous is used in many countries. It is especially popular and is one of the traditional and most popular products in Morocco, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria.
Also, this cereal is used in some regions of Africa, in Israel, some parts of France, Spain, and Brazil. It is noteworthy that each country has its own secrets and peculiarities. For example, Brazil has traditionally used corn grits, and in some other countries millet or barley is used.
Is it useful?
Traditional couscous made from semolina contains a lot of useful substances such as sodium, calcium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, choline, selenium, copper, vitamins PP, groups B, E and K, as well as proteins, carbohydrates, saturated fatty acids, mono - and disaccharides, dietary fiber, fats.
The advantage of couscous is in its following properties:
- This cereal contains complex carbohydrates, which are not consumed immediately and do not go “to the reserve”, but are used by the body to produce the energy necessary for its functioning.
- Dietary fibers, which are part of, firstly, swell in the stomach and give a feeling of satiety for a long time, secondly, stimulate intestinal motility and normalize digestion, and third, cleanse the body of toxins and toxins.
- Vitamin E moisturizes hair and skin and is responsible for their normal condition.
- Couscous is useful in diseases of the digestive system, as it gently envelops the mucous membranes. And so it can be used for ulcers and gastritis.
- B vitamins normalize metabolic processes and the nervous system, as well as increase stress resistance.
- Couscous is able to increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood and prevent the development of anemia.
- This croup reduces harmful cholesterol and protects against diseases such as atherosclerosis.
- Couscous has a positive effect on female hormones.
- If you regularly eat dishes from this cereal, you can significantly improve the condition of the joints.
- Couscous is useful for the elderly, children, as well as people who have suffered serious illnesses or are constantly undergoing severe mental or physical stress.
- This cereal can be included in the menu for diabetics, since it has a low glycemic index.
Is couscous harmful?
Can couscous harm? Yes, if abused. First, if you use such croup in large quantities, it can cause constipation. Also be careful with some diseases of the intestines. Secondly, it contains gluten, which can cause allergies. Thirdly, you should not get carried away and those who are overweight.
How to cook?
How to cook dishes with couscous? In general, the traditional dish of the same name is cooked very simply and quickly. The croup is steamed and served. The most convenient option is to use a double boiler. And since couscous is combined with almost any food, you can cook a lot of unusual and interesting dishes.
Healthy, light and tasty will be couscous with vegetables. Here is what you need to make it:
- 500 grams of couscous,
- three tablespoons of olive oil,
- about 30 grams of butter,
- 200 grams of pumpkin,
- one eggplant,
- one small young zucchini,
- one carrot,
- two tomatoes,
- 200 grams of cauliflower
- 100 grams of fresh green peas.
- First prepare all the vegetables. Boil the tomatoes, peel them and cut into cubes. Zucchini cut into small pieces. Do the same with eggplants. Wash carrots and rub on a large grater. Cut the pumpkin too. Divide the cauliflower into small florets.
- Melt butter, pour couscous with it, add olive oil. Stir the cereal thoroughly so that it absorbs the oil completely.
- Put all the vegetables and peas in a saucepan and start stewing. Place a colander on the pan, put couscous in it. Quenching will last about an hour and a half.
- When the couscous and vegetables are ready, mix everything and serve.
You can cook couscous with seafood. Here's what you need:
- 500 grams of seafood mix (squid, mussel, shrimp, octopus),
- 2 cups couscous,
- three tablespoons of olive oil,
- two or three tablespoons of soy sauce,
- dill greens
- half a lemon,
- spices and salt to taste.
- Immerse the couscous in boiling water for literally 10 minutes, then drain the water.
- Boil seafood for three minutes in salted water with some seasoning. Drain the water, add lemon juice.
- Heat the butter in the pan, fry the seafood along with the couscous in just a few minutes. Add the chopped dill and the rest of the spices, as well as a little salt.
- At the end add the soy sauce, mix everything thoroughly and remove the pan from the heat.
- You can not cook couscous for a couple, and boil for a couple of minutes. Usually, 2.5-3-3 parts of water is required for a part of the cereal, but it is better to start with two parts, then increase its volume as needed.
- You can also cook this cereal in a slow cooker.
- Ready couscous can be added to any salads.
- This cereal can be used as a side dish and served with meat or fish.
Couscous is a type of wheat cereal made from semolina with treated water. Due to its neutral taste, it is used to prepare a variety of dishes, including side dishes and salads. Couscous is rich in B vitamins, as well as phosphorus and potassium. 100 grams of cereals contain 375 calories. It is brewed very quickly, in principle, you can simply steam it with boiling water for a few minutes. In this article we will show how to cook couscous correctly.
The secrets of cooking couscous
- It is better to use thick-walled dishes for making couscous, so that it slowly heats up and keeps heat for a long time.
- Groats can be cooked not only on water. It will turn out very tasty if it is done on broth. And for children, you can cook porridge with milk.
- This cereal is also very quickly cooked in a double boiler, and if you put meat seasoned with spices on the lower tier of the device, the side dish will be not only juicy, but also fragrant.
- For salads it is better to use couscous al-dente. The technology of its preparation does not differ from how to cook couscous as a side dish, but the ratio of water and cereal should be 1: 1.
How to cook couscous in a pan
Our recipe with a photo clearly demonstrates how to cook couscous crumbly.
For cooking, we take grits and water in a ratio of 1: 2, as well as salt. We took 1/2 cup of cereal and 1 cup of water.
If necessary, sorting couscous.
Bring water to a boil.
Pour the cereal into boiling water.
Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes at minimum heat.
Finished grain should be loosened with a fork so that it becomes crumbly.
Salt to taste. Optionally, you can add your favorite spices, as well as a little butter or vegetable oil.
Couscous is ready. You can serve it as a side dish or use it for cooking other dishes.
How to cook couscous in a slow cooker
It is very easy to cook couscous at home in a slow cooker. Just a few minutes and delicious porridge is ready! In our step-by-step instructions, we show how simple it is. You will also learn how to cook couscous in a slow cooker.
We take 1 cup of cereals and 2 glasses of water (1: 2 ratio), as well as salt to taste.
We touch the couscous from impurities and debris.
Pour water into the bowl multicooker.
Close the multicooker lid and set the “Pasta” / “Pelmeni” mode, wait for the boiling water signal. You can also use the "Cooking" or "Steaming" modes to make the water boil.
Fall asleep cereal, close the lid and turn on the mode "heating" for 6-7 minutes.
Salt to taste, add vegetable or butter as desired.
Couscous is ready. Now it can be used for its intended purpose.
What is couscous and what is it made of?
A lot of readers are interested in the question about couscous - what kind of croup is it? Recently, she gradually began to gain popularity among Russian hostesses. Couscous is at the same time the name of a certain cereal and a side dish that is made from it. Since ancient times, the production of such a product involved women. They rolled miniature balls from particles of semolina, which were previously sprinkled with warm oil or salted water. Only in the middle of the 20th century, the production of couscous began on an industrial scale. Today it is prepared, including from barley, rice, durum wheat.
Most often, couscous is chosen as a side dish. By the way of its preparation, it is similar to rice. And among the main advantages of such a product, cooks note its excellent compatibility with any meat, fish, mushrooms, cheeses, spices, dried fruits, fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition, couscous is quickly soaked with sauce.
It should be noted that the product contains many vitamins and useful elements. Therefore, at least once such a side dish should be prepared for every gourmet. Surely he will linger long in the cookbook.
How to cook couscous - a quick side dish recipe
As a side dish without any additional ingredients, couscous is cooked very quickly and simply. To do this, take: 120 g of cereals and 2 times more water, 1 pc. onions and carrots, a pinch of salt and curry, 60 ml of soy sauce.
- Groats are poured into the pan, salted and curried. After thorough mixing, it is necessary to pour boiling water over it and leave to swell under the lid for 15-17 minutes.
- While the couscous is soaking, you should take up the vegetables - finely chop the white onion and grate the carrot on a large grater. Both products are fried in butter until soft.
- After adding soy sauce to the pan, the ingredients are stewed for another 7-10 minutes.
- It remains to add a swollen couscous to the vegetables, and mix the dish.
To beautifully serve food to the table, you should first tamp it in a round bowl, and then gently turn it over on a flat plate. From above, the resulting hill is decorated with finely chopped fresh greens.
With vegetables and chicken fillet
The cereals in question are well combined with poultry and vegetables. It is best for such a dish to take chicken fillet (350 grams). Also: 230 g of cereals, 2 large tomatoes, 2 bulbs and carrots, a small bunch of fresh parsley, a pinch of ground cinnamon and salt, 450 ml of pure water.
- Couscous is filled with boiling water and infused for 5-7 minutes. Boil it is not necessary.
- Vegetables are washed, cleaned and cut into convenient ways.
- On any refined oil, first the onions are fried until transparent, after which carrots and tomatoes are added to it. Together, the ingredients are cooked on maximum heat for 2-3 minutes with constant stirring. By this time, slices of tomatoes should have lost their shape.
- Vegetables are transferred to a separate dish, and in the remaining oil they fry small pieces of chicken fillet. Salt is added to the meat.
- Vegetables are returned to the pan, water is poured, cinnamon is poured and salt to taste. Together the ingredients are cooked for a couple of minutes.
- It remains to pour the couscous into the container, turn off the heat, cover the pan with a lid, and leave it on the stove until the liquid is completely absorbed into the grits.
Finely chopped parsley is added to the finished dish just before serving.
How to cook in Moroccan?
This version of the dish involves the use of a large number of vegetables and oriental spices. Among them: 2 pcs. radish, turnip, tomato and onion, 4 pcs. carrots and small squash, a pound of pumpkin, a bunch of coriander twigs, a pinch of ground ginger, turmeric, black pepper, salt. You will also need to take 750 g of any meat and cereals, 130 g of soaked chickpeas, oil, water.
- Large pieces of meat, coriander, salt, all the spices and chopped onion rings are sent to the pan. A small amount of water is added to the products, and they are stewed for 12-15 minutes.
- Tomatoes are scalded with boiling water and discarded.
- Couscous is poured into a wide plate, poured with vegetable oil and ground with this liquid ingredient.
- In half a liter of warm water is added 1 tbsp. coarse salt. The latter should be well dissolved in the liquid.
- Spilled grits need to be gradually watered with salt water, and mashed couscous (as is the case with butter). It must be soaked with liquid.
- Steamed chickpea is sent to the pan with meat. Water is added to the products.
- Groats soaked in salt water are steamed. Then it crumbles again on the table, gets rid of lumps, and is sprayed with warm liquid. The procedure is repeated three times. After each steaming, the volume of cereal will increase.
- All vegetables, cut and peeled in large chunks, are sent to the pan to the meat with chickpeas. Salt to taste is added to the tank, and a new portion of water is poured. Together the ingredients are cooked until vegetables are ready.
- Steamed couscous three times poured on a wide plate. Pour the entire surface of the sauce with sauce from the pan. After that, meat is laid out right in the middle of the dish, and pieces of vegetables are laid out on the edges.
Such a treat will be a full meal or dinner.
Discussed cereal goes well with fresh vegetables in salads. For example, with cucumbers (3 pcs.) And sweet red pepper (1 pc.). In addition to vegetables, you need to take: 2 sprigs of fresh basil and the same amount of cilantro greens, 80 g couscous, 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, olive oil.
- Sweet pepper and fresh cucumbers are cut into small cubes. The first vegetable can also be taken in pickled form.
- Greens finely shred with a sharp knife.
- Couscous is filled with boiling water for 15 minutes, after which a couple of teaspoons of oil is added to it.
- All products are laid out in a deep bowl, salted, poured over with a mixture of lemon juice and vinegar. At the very end, a small amount of olive oil is sent to them.
Served treats chilled.
A dish prepared according to the traditional Spanish recipe, always includes olives. And instead of water it is best for him to take beef broth (450 ml). Also need to use: 1 Bulgarian pepper, 1 tbsp. cereals, 470 g minced beef, half a white onion, 2 garlic cloves, half a cup of olives, a pinch of salt, ground cumin and dried thyme leaves.
- A glass of water is brought to a boil, after which the fire is immediately turned off, and couscous is sent to the pan.
- Minced meat is fried in butter until half cooked. In the process, you need to spoon it into small pieces.
- Crushed onion, garlic, salt and all seasonings are sent to the meat pan. Ingredients are fried together for a couple of minutes.
- Beef broth is poured into a container with meat and vegetables, and olives, cut into thin slices, are poured. Примерно через 5 минут добавляются еще кубики болгарского перца. Тушить массу нужно до тех пор, пока количество бульона в сковороде не уменьшится приблизительно в 2 раза.
- Размокший кус-кус перекладывается в глубокую миску и слегка рыхлится вилкой. Сверху он заливается смесью ингредиентов из сковороды.
Before serving, the dish should be brewed for 10 minutes so that the croup has enough time to soak in hot sauce.
Pork Couscous - A Step-by-Step Recipe
If the cook does not care about the calorie content of the dish, then he can prepare a hearty treat of couscous with pork and tomato juice. This will require the use of: 350 g of meat (pulp), 2 small onions, 1 tbsp. cereals and the same amount of water, 350 ml of tomato juice, oil, salt, spices.
- Onion is cut into small cubes and fried in butter until soft.
- Thin strips of pork are sent to the vegetable. Together the products are prepared before appetizing crust on the meat.
- Tomato juice is poured into the container, the mass is salted, peppered, covered with a lid and brought to a boil.
- Then you can turn down the fire, and simmer future gravy on low heat for 25 minutes.
- A pinch of salt is sent to the couscous, after which the product is filled with boiling water and covered with a lid.
- After 5 minutes, the croup is loosened with a fork and poured into the pan with the finished meat.
- After mixing, the dish can be removed from the heat.
Treats are served to the table with fresh or pickled vegetables.
Garnish with baked tomatoes
It is best for such a dish to take cherry tomatoes. In addition to miniature tomatoes (2 tbsp.), You will need to use: 2/3 cup of cereals, 60 g of roasted pine nuts, lemon peel and its juice, 60 ml of olive oil, a small bunch of fresh mint, salt, pepper. The following details how this couscous is cooked with vegetables.
- Tomatoes are folded in one layer into any heat-resistant form, poured over with a tablespoon of olive oil and sent to a well-heated oven until softened.
- The croup is filled with boiling water and left for 8 minutes.
- Tomatoes are sent to a container with swollen couscous (together with the juice formed during baking). There are also nuts, the remaining oil, finely chopped mint, lemon zest and juice, salt, any selected seasonings.
After mixing, the dish is immediately served to the table.
Tasty and simple recipe for multicooker
Very easy to cook couscous in a slow cooker. The device must have a "Soup" mode. In addition to cereals (1 multi-glass), you need to take: 2 times more water, 1 pc. onions and carrots, 70 g of butter, a pinch of salt.
- After chopping, onions and carrots are cooked in “Frying” mode in butter until soft.
- Salt is poured into the container, water is poured in and the “Soup” program is activated.
- Immediately after boiling the liquid, you can add the couscous to the bowl, switch the device to the Heating mode for 17 minutes and close the lid.
- After the specified time, the treat will be fully prepared.
The dish is served warm to the table with spicy snacks in Korean.