The healing properties of aloe, which is often called agave, have been known to people for over a thousand years. Today, extracts of this plant can be found in many cosmetics. But why spend extra money if you prepare home care products easier than ever? We have prepared for you the top 10 recipes.
You do not often see a plant that, even without additional additives, can solve a large number of problems - save it from dryness, help with burns, irritations and rashes, return the skin a healthy look and have a moisturizing effect. And all this makes unpretentious and unremarkable aloe. Still underestimated him? It's time to open the cards and talk about the incredible benefits of agave.
Here are our top products that you can prepare yourself based on it:
- Makeup remover. Looking for a product that would act as delicately as possible? Then simply cut the fleshy leaf, remove the skin from it and chop the flesh. Soak a cotton pad in it and remove the remnants of cosmetics. After that do not forget to rinse your face with water and rub it with a tonic.
- Moisturizing mask. No peeling and dryness. With them easily cope mask agave. You can simply apply the juice of the plant on the skin, and you can, for example, mix it with grated cucumber and protein. Such a product will help not only moisturize, but also tighten and clean enlarged pores.
- Hand and nail care. To avoid burrs, wipe the cuticle with agave juice. And for the youth of the skin of the hands, you can prepare a cream of coconut oil and gel, obtained from the pulp of the sheets. The tool will have a more pronounced effect if applied with massage movements.
- Hair Care Product. For those who are faced with the problem of dandruff, from the aloe vera can be made a mask, which quickly helps to eliminate the problem. To do this, mix 1 tbsp. aloe and lemon juice, adding there yolk. Apply to the roots and hold for half an hour.
Suitable agave and to improve the structure of the hair (especially for fluffy and porous). Based on it, you can make a spray from the juice of the plant, a small amount of olive oil and 1 ampoule of vitamin E. Such a composition can be applied to the tips, and if diluted with a small amount of water, then the entire length, departing a little from the roots. Soft, obedient and shiny curls very soon will delight you.
Foot Gel. Spend the whole day on your feet, and you know firsthand what natoptysh and cracks in the feet are, then this gel should be among your personal care products. A great alternative to expensive cosmetics. Just apply the plant flesh to problem areas and leave for 15 minutes.
And the maximum softening can be achieved using a mask from agave, pre-steamed oatmeal and coconut oil. Do it better before bedtime, wrapping your legs in plastic wrap and wearing cotton socks.
- Aftershave after shave. And again, all ingenious is simple. After shaving, use a pulp of pulp, soaking cotton sponge into it, and wiping the skin. Acts no worse than any cream.
- Gel for eyebrows. Do not spend money on expensive cosmetics. Natural remedy, giving shape and caring at the same time "lives" on your windowsill. Using a brush, gently draw the juice from the cut leaf, and spread it over the eyebrows.
- Cosmetic ice. In the list of procedures for the care of yourself there must be a product that helps eliminate puffiness under the eyes and dark circles. Well, if it is as natural as possible, because the skin around the eyes is thin and sensitive. In equal proportions combine boiled or bottled water and agave juice. Pour into a mold and let it harden.
- Mouthwash. Oral health is an integral part of personal care. An antibacterial rinse from water and agave juice will help fight off an unpleasant smell and will be a good prevention of gum diseases.
- Scrub. Problem, thin, irritated skin requires appropriate products for exfoliation. Scrub, which will require only 1 tbsp. ground oatmeal and the same amount of aloe, perfectly clean the pores, moisturize and tones.
Which of these methods will you choose? By incorporating aloe into your beauty products, you will very soon enjoy the visible results. Be beautiful!
1. Skin treatment
This natural product is widely used in skin care, as well as in burns or scar treatment, because it contains a gel, which significantly speeds up the healing process and improves blood circulation in the area around the wound.
It also protects well against UV rays. Apply aloe vera cream to your skin a few minutes before sun exposure to protect yourself.
4. Fights colon problems
If you suffer from intestinal problems, we have a prescription to help reduce discomfort and inflammation. You need to mix honey, orange juice, one tablespoon of aloe and one glass of water. Drink daily before breakfast for best results.
5. Helps prevent the formation of acne
Since aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties, it is an excellent anti-acne remedy. Make soap, cream and lotion that contain aloe vera and use them in the morning and evening. They will be an effective aid not only for treating acne, but will also be able to control the amount of fat that accumulates in the skin of the face. You can also use aloe vera gel to reduce acne swelling.
In addition, you can apply aloe vera gel at acne locations to soften and restore skin.
6. Helps reduce cellulite
Aloe vera is often used in the fight against cellulite, because it has significant beneficial properties for the skin. It should be noted that its use will be really effective if you exercise, stick to a balanced diet and regularly do a foot massage.
10. Use for weight loss
Since this plant has cleansing properties, aloe vera is a great way to lose weight. Mixing with lemon, you get a product with cleansing and detoxification properties. That is why it is highly recommended to use a cocktail that contains the following ingredients:
- 1 medium sized aloe leaf cut into pieces, removing spikes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of one lemon
Mix all the ingredients and strain. Drink as soon as you wake up, so that before breakfast the cocktail has already had time to digest a little. For better effect, also eat healthy foods and exercise at least three days a week.
Application of aloe vera
Aloe vera has bactericidal properties and is active against bacteria such as streptococcus, staphylococcus, diphtheria and dysenteric bacilli. It is effective in irradiation, inflammatory diseases, fresh wounds, accelerating the process of regeneration. Aloe acts as an immunomodulator, contributing to the overall improvement of the body. The active substances of sabura enhance intestinal peristalsis, well helping with atonic and chronic constipation. In small doses, it improves digestion and increases bile secretion.
An antibiotic barbaloin, effective for tuberculosis and skin diseases, was isolated from aloe juice. It is also used in chronic gastritis, pancreatitis, colitis, in the treatment of conjunctivitis, progressive myopia and vitreous opacities.
Useful properties of aloe vera
In the treatment of patients and the preparation of medications using aloe juice, fresh leaves, extract and sabur (condensed juice). To do this, plants that have reached the age of three years, in October-November, collect middle and lower leaves longer than 18 cm. The leaves contain essential oils, enzymes, antraglycosides, vitamins, amino acids, minerals, polysaccharides, phytoncides, and salicylic acid.
Sabur, obtained from the leaves of aloe, has a good effect in the treatment of chronic constipation. Fresh liquid plant juice is also a weak laxative. Preparations made from pressed juice are recommended for the treatment of gastritis characterized by a decrease in the acidity of gastric juice and chronic colitis.
In the treatment of non-healing purulent wounds and various infectious pustular skin diseases, aloe juice is used in the form of irrigation or lotions. The effectiveness of the external use of juice is due to its high bactericidal properties. It has a detrimental effect on a large number of known pathogenic microbes - streptococci, staphylococci, as well as on intestinal, typhoid and dysenteric bacilli.
Syrup made from juice with the addition of iron, is successfully used to treat anemia.
Biostimulants located in the leaves of aloe, enhance metabolic processes in the cells of tissues, contribute to the tightening and healing of wounds.
Aloe juice preparations are widely used for X-ray skin lesions, to relieve the symptoms of sunburn and some skin diseases.
Also known is the use of aloe in asthenic conditions, neurosis, for relieving headaches that have an unclear etiology.
The high efficiency of using aloe for the treatment of bronchial asthma, duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer, chronic gastritis and many other diseases has been noted.
Nowadays, aloe preparations are widely used in ophthalmology in the treatment of eye diseases.
Aloe Vera Recipes
People depleted as a result of severe illness, as well as to improve digestion and appetite stimulation, it is recommended to use aloe juice as follows: 150 grams of juice, 250 grams of honey and 350 grams of strong red wine are mixed and infused for about five days. The resulting mixture must be taken at least three times a day before meals in a tablespoon.
Quite often, aloe juice is included in the composition of various nutrient mixtures recommended for use with the weakening of the body and exhaustion due to past illnesses. For weakened children, you can prepare one of these nutrient mixtures. 500 grams of crushed walnut kernels, 300 grams of honey and squeezed juice of three or four lemons are added to a half cup of aloe juice. Such a mixture is taken according to the dessert or teaspoon no more than three times a day before meals.
Traditional medicine recommends the use of aloe juice for pulmonary tuberculosis. To prepare the medicine, you need to mix 100 grams of butter, goose fat or lard, 15 grams of plant juice, 100 grams of honey and 100 grams of bitter cocoa powder. The resulting mixture is well mixed and take a tablespoon up to three times a day as an additive to a glass of hot milk.
If you have a cold, it is recommended to use aloe juice in the form of drops. Fresh juice of a plant needs to drip 2-3 drops in each nostril. Treatment should be continued for about eight days.
For throat diseases, gargling with aloe juice will help. To do this, dilute the aloe juice with an equal amount of water, then rinse the throat well. After the procedure it is recommended to drink one teaspoon of fresh aloe juice with warm milk.
When a pain in the tooth appears, you can use a very simple way to cure it: a piece of aloe leaf, placed in the cavity of the tooth, will quickly soothe the pain.
As a laxative, you can use the following recipe, known from traditional medicine: 150 grams of aloe leaves with cut prickles are well crushed, filled with 300 grams of warmed, but not boiled honey. The mixture should be infused for a day, after which it must be heated and filtered. This medicine is taken in a teaspoon in the morning one hour before meals.
It is known the use of aloe juice in the event of herpes. To remove the rash, it is necessary to lubricate them five times a day with juice from the leaves of the plant. Before each lubrication is recommended to break off a new, fresh leaf of aloe.
Healing effect has an ointment made from aloe juice. It is usually used to heal wounds, ulcers and fistulas. If necessary, you can apply a bandage. The ointment is prepared as follows: honey and aloe juice are mixed in equal quantities, add one tablespoon of pure alcohol to a glass of the mixture. Then the mixture must be mixed well. Store the ointment is recommended in the refrigerator. When using it, one should take into account the possibility of individual intolerance to aloe juice by the patient.
If you cut the leaves of aloe, then they derive watery liquid, very bitter taste. This is the juice of the plant, which is used in the manufacture of medicines. The juice is in the secretory cells surrounding the sieve of the beam. If you look at the section, then this layer of cells is located in the form of a crescent. After collecting the leaves, they are cut and well crushed to collect the juice. The liquid is significantly evaporated and poured into special forms, where it freezes.
Such condensed aloe juice is called “sabur”. It helps with chronic constipation, increases the secretion of the glands of the esophagus, removes bile, improves digestion. It is used in very small doses, otherwise it can cause poisoning. You should not use it during pregnancy, cystitis, menstruation. For chronic gastritis, gastric ulcer, after dysentery, aloe juice is taken three times a day, half an hour before meals, and 1 teaspoon.
For tuberculosis, an effective mixture of aloe juice, cuff juice, butter, honey and cocoa is taken in one tablespoon before lunch and dinner. You can drink the medicine with a glass of hot milk. Aloe juice is used externally in the form of lotions in the treatment of trophic ulcers, purulent wounds, boils, abscesses, and burns. For tuberculosis of the skin, eczema and radiation-induced dermatitis of the head, compresses with juice are prescribed.
Aloe juice is easy to make at home. For this, the leaves of a three to four-year-old plant are kept in a dark place at a temperature of 4–8 degrees (it is possible in the refrigerator) for 12 days. Then they are washed in cold boiled water, crushed, squeezed through a thick layer of gauze and boiled for three minutes in a water bath. Juice quickly loses its quality, so you need to use it immediately.
A mixture of fresh juice: with radiation injuries, gastric ulcer, bronchial asthma, gastritis, laryngitis, dysentery, you should take 1/2 teaspoon of aloe juice and honey, diluted in a glass of warm milk. Drink the drug should be three times a day for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks with a break of two weeks.
Aloe with honey
Honey - one of the main components that make up useful medicines, made on the basis of aloe juice. In combination with honey, aloe strengthens its action. Due to the fact that such a medicine is very active, it can be consumed for no more than one month, with a cold it is enough five days for complete recovery.
Aloe in combination with honey is useful for baldness, hair loss and dandruff. From aloe and honey you can make a mask for hair.
To maintain immunity, you should take the following drugs:
Infusion of aloe: 500 g of aloe leaves and 500 g of walnut need to grind through a meat grinder, pour 1.5 cups of honey, let it brew in a warm dark place for three days. and then use one tablespoon three times a day after meals.
Mix: three tablespoons of aloe juice, 100 g of butter, 5 tablespoons of cocoa and a third cup of honey should be mixed well. Before use, all components should be well mixed with 200 g of warm milk and drink a little three times a day.
With pulmonary diseases, colds, bronchitis, the following composition helps:
Aloe tincture: 350 g of crushed leaves of aloe, 100 g of alcohol and 750 g of red wine should be mixed in a glass or enamel bowl. Store the tool is recommended in a dark cool place. Adults take 1-2 tablespoons 20 minutes before meals, children after five years - 1 teaspoon.
For the face is useful honey mask with aloe, it is suitable for any skin type. When using aloe vera drugs, you should strictly follow the recommendations for their use.
Aloe extract is a clear liquid of light yellow or reddish yellow color, bitter in taste. Available in ampoules for injection, in the form of a solution for internal use, as well as juices, tablets, syrups. In liquid form, the extract should be taken 5 ml three times a day half an hour before meals. Aloe extract is drunk for anorexia and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract 5–10 ml twice a day half an hour before meals.
Tablets take 1 pc. three times a day for 15–20 minutes before meals. Subcutaneous injections are prescribed: for children up to 5 years - 0.2–0.3 ml, after 5 years - 0.5 ml, for adults - 1 ml. При употреблении препаратов возможны аллергические реакции, повышение давления, диарея.
Алоэ для лица
Алоэ вера с большим успехом применяется в косметологии. Маски и кремы с алоэ рекомендованы к использованию для чувствительной кожи, склонной к аллергическим реакциям. Косметические средства, содержащие алоэ вера, обогащают кожу необходимыми питательными веществами, защищают её от воздействия окружающей среды, осветляют при наличии пигментных пятен.
Регулярное использование масок и кремов на основе алоэ для кожи лица даёт поразительный эффект, поскольку они помогают при гнойничковых высыпаниях, воспалительных процессах, экземе и псориазе.
Mask for dry skin: aloe juice, honey, glycerin and oatmeal should be mixed in clean water, whipped with a blender, infused for 15 minutes, put a thick layer on dry clean skin. You can apply the mask every other day, it should be held for about half an hour.
Mask for fading skin: mix a tablespoon of aloe juice and 2 tablespoons of honey. It is recommended to apply the mixture in a thick layer on clean skin and hold for 40 minutes. The mask smoothes wrinkles and deeply moisturizes the skin.
Aloe for hair
Aloe has a positive effect on the scalp, helps with such problems as dandruff, hair loss, baldness. And the plant activates and nourishes the hair follicles, heals split ends. Hair becomes thick, strong and shiny. Aloe vera juice is used to treat and care for hair. It is daily rubbed into the scalp. After improving the condition of the hair, the juice can be applied 1-2 times a week. The course of treatment is 2-3 months. For oily hair, it is helpful to rub aloe juice with vodka 1–2 hours before washing your hair every other day.
Mask for volume and shine of hair: one part of aloe juice, one part of castor oil and one part of honey must be mixed, applied to damp hair for a while, then rinse hair thoroughly with shampoo.
Injections with aloe improve blood circulation and restore tissue, they are prescribed for eye diseases, bronchial asthma and ulceration of the digestive system. Injections can be administered intramuscularly and subcutaneously. Subcutaneous aloe is recommended to enter into the stomach or upper arm, intramuscularly - in the buttock or thigh. In this case, repeated injections should not fall into the previous injection sites.
The dosage of the drug is selected based on the patient's age, his diseases and the characteristics of the body. For adults, this is 1 ml no more than 3-4 times a day, for children aged less than five years - 0.2–0.3 ml per day, older than five years - 0.5 ml.
It is forbidden to give injections with aloe extract to pregnant women and people suffering from diseases of the heart, blood vessels, kidneys or high blood pressure. Prescribe injections should only the attending physician.
Aloe in the nose
If a cold or a runny nose begins, you can drip 5 drops of aloe vera extract three times a day into each nostril. This reduces the swelling of the nasal mucosa, breathing becomes free. Pathogenic bacteria and viruses, including the flu, are destroyed, thus mucous is disinfected. In the presence of sensitivity to the components included in aloe juice, it is not recommended to use it.
The most valuable in aloe is fleshy juicy leaves, filled with bitter yellowish juice. You can collect them for medical use at any time of the year. But just need to know which leaves are suitable. The lower leaves collected from a plant at least three years old are considered healing. They usually have dry tips. It is best to break off the leaves of the stem.
Outdoors it is not necessary to store raw materials for more than three or four hours, since most of the useful properties are lost. So that the leaves do not dry out, you must wrap them in a plastic bag and store in the refrigerator. So they will retain their healing properties for a long time. The leaves can also be dried by putting them on a layer of paper and covering them with a cloth. Store ready raw materials can be two years.
Learn how to use aloe in hair and skin care.
Probably, many girls in the apartment have a pot with aloe, but not everyone knows that aloe juice literally rejuvenates the skin, makes it more elastic, nourishes the cells with moisture, and due to this wrinkles are reduced. How to use aloe juice in personal care, read below.
To start editing tochka.net tells how to get aloe juice. To do this, you will need a piece of aloe about 15 cm in size, which you need to grind. The resulting gruel must be passed through cheesecloth, and, voila, aloe juice is ready.
- Moisturizing face mask. Aloe can be safely used as a moisturizing facial mask. If you have peeling, apply aloe juice on your face at least 2-3 times a week and wash with cool water after 20 minutes.
- Care for the cuticle. Aloe juice softens the cuticle well and helps prevent burrs after manicure.
- As a supplement to the cream. Take your favorite face cream and add a few drops of aloe juice to it. This cream will provide you with instant skin hydration and make it more smooth.
- Against the bags under the eyes. Aloe juice froze in ice cubes. The resulting pieces of ice should be used in rubbing the skin in the morning, especially under the eyes. Aloe well eliminates swelling and bags under the eyes.
- Against acne. One egg white must be mixed with 2 tbsp. spoons of aloe juice. The resulting slurry should be applied to cleansed face and leave for 20 minutes. After time, rinse the skin with cool water.
- Anti-dandruff. It is necessary to take 1 teaspoon of aloe juice and 1 tbsp. a spoonful of lemon juice, add 1 egg yolk. The mixture must be rubbed into the roots, it is necessary to withstand the mask for 30 minutes. Next, wash off with warm water, while using shampoo.
- To remove makeup. It is enough to remove a dense peel from a sheet, and pulp to crush, that light gel has turned out. Now, using a cotton pad, wipe the skin, removing mascara and foundation. Then you need to wash with water and apply a tonic on your face.
- Foot skin care. If you are tormented by the problem of dry feet, use this mask: take oatmeal, aloe pulp and a few drops of coconut oil. Also add a few drops of tea tree oil. Apply the resulting mask on clean feet, hold it for an hour, and then wash it off with cool water.
- As an indelible spray for hair. If you have fluffy and porous hair by nature, this recipe is for you: mix 50 g of aloe juice with the same amount of pure water, add a couple of drops of olive oil and liquid vitamin E. The resulting solution is poured into a spray bottle. Spray on clean, dry hair, after shaking.
- After shaving.Apply aloe juice to the places where you just removed hairs. Aloe will remove irritation and moisturize the skin better than any cream.
Recall, we recently told the rules and advice, how to choose oil for hair care. Read all the details by reference.
See all the brightest and most interesting news on the main page of the women's online resource tochka.net.
Subscribe to our telegram and be aware of all the most interesting and relevant news!
For aloe tincture, use leaves and stems of the plant. Tinctures are liquid alcoholic or vodka solutions prepared on the basis of medicinal plants. They are prepared in 40–70-degree alcohol, which is the best basis for herbal tinctures, as it enhances their healing properties. Tincture is used to stimulate the protective systems of the body, it increases appetite, improves digestion.
Recipe tinctures aloe. Cut the lower leaves of aloe, wrap in dark paper and put in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks, then chop the leaves, pour in vodka or 70% alcohol solution in a ratio of 1: 5. To insist means is required not less than ten days in the dark cool place, in the closed container. Take the tincture is recommended for one teaspoon half an hour before meals 2-3 times a day.
The effectiveness of aloe vera juice has been known for a long time. It has a cleansing, healing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and therapeutic effect. Thanks to this healing plant, it is possible to prevent the appearance of scars, blemishes and scars, often formed after acne. The easiest way to get rid of skin inflammations is to regularly wipe the face with a small piece of aloe, the place where the flesh is incised. Before this, the skin must be cleaned.
Particular attention should be paid to problem areas of the skin. Professional beauticians often use aloe as an effective remedy for facial skin care.
Face mask for acne: freshly cut aloe leaves need to chop, add protein and pass through a blender to make gruel, then add a couple of drops of lemon juice. The mask should be applied in three layers and hold for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Anti-inflammatory mask: it is necessary to mix freshly pressed aloe juice with one teaspoon of white or blue clay, stir until smooth and apply evenly to the face, without speaking or making any facial movements. It is recommended to keep the mask for 15 minutes, then it is washed off with cool water.
Lotions for skin inflammations: finely chopped aloe leaves should be poured with water and infused for 1 hour, then boiled for two minutes, cool, drain. The resulting liquid is used in the form of lotions.
Aloe in gynecology
In gynecology, aloe vera is used for cervical erosion, inserting swabs moistened with juice into the vagina for 2–3 hours. In the same way produce treatment with an emulsion containing aloe juice. Juice is taken one tablespoon three times a day after meals as a laxative for constipation in pregnant women, for chronic dysplasia during menopause, and for cervical dysplasia. Aloe tincture is taken with acute inflammation of the vestibule of the vagina and 1 tablespoon three times daily before meals.
Tincture: Aloe leaves should be crushed and mixed with honey until smooth. Separately, dry leaves and flowers of St. John's wort need to be boiled, boiled them in a water bath for 3-4 minutes, strain, mix the aloe and honey mixture with the cooled St. John's wort broth, add wine and store in a dark cool place. You can use the composition in 10 days. It is recommended to take it on two tablespoons a day on an empty stomach. The course should be continued for 14 days.
Remedy for infertility: add goose fat and sea buckthorn oil to chopped aloe leaves, mix, pour into a warm dish and put in a cool, dark place for seven days. For use, you must stir one tablespoon of the mixture in a glass of hot milk and take it three times a day.
This evergreen perennial tropical plant reaches a height of 4–10 m. The leaves are fleshy, large, sharp, bluish-green or gray-blue, up to 60 cm long. At the edges of the leaves are spines. The root is strongly branched. The flowers are bell-shaped, pale orange or bright red in color, are collected in inflorescences, grow on a long stalk. The fruit is a cylindrical box, the seeds are numerous, grayish-black in color, triangular. Tree aloe blooms most often in late winter and early spring. Propagated by cuttings.
Aloe vein is home to South Africa. In our area it grows in the South Caucasus and Central Asia. Aloe has long been cultivated, it is bred as a room flower. However, in indoor conditions, this plant rarely blooms, although with good care it can bloom every year. Aloe grows very quickly, reaching a height of up to 100 cm. Aloe leaves and juice have medicinal properties.
The leaves and stem contain various vitamins, resinous substances, antraglycosides, a small amount of enzymes. Collect the leaves in the autumn-winter period, before collecting aloe, preferably 1-2 weeks do not water.
This plant is originally from the tropics of Africa, so it is very fond of sunlight. In the summer it grows well in open ground in the open air. It can be watered infrequently, as the leaves are able to retain moisture for several days. In winter, aloe should be watered with water at room temperature, and it is necessary to water both from above and pour water into the pan. But it is important not to overdo it: when the soil becomes too wet, the root system rots. In winter, the plant is best kept in a room with a temperature of + 8-10 degrees.
Aloe home is used in traditional and traditional medicine. Juice is used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, treat eye diseases and inflammatory processes. The plant is also widely used in cosmetology.
Contraindications to the use of aloe vera
Preparations of aloe vera are contraindicated in diseases of the liver and gallbladder, in cystitis, hemorrhoids, the initial stages of pregnancy, and menstrual cycles.
To avoid insomnia, aloe juice should be taken 2-4 hours before bedtime. With prolonged use of drugs from the body removes minerals, especially potassium, which violates the water-salt metabolism.
For children under 12 years of age, it is necessary to consult a doctor about taking aloe.
Article author: Sokolova Nina Vladimirovna | Phytotherapist
Education: A diploma in medicine and treatment was obtained at the NI Pirogov University (2005 and 2006). Advanced training at the Department of Phytotherapy at the Moscow University of Peoples' Friendship (2008).
1. Powerful antioxidants to maintain youth and beauty
Aloe vera contains vitamins A, C and E, which are well-known antioxidants, help support collagen and have a beneficial effect on blood vessels.
Molecules also published a study by Spanish scientists who found antioxidant and antimycoplasmic (ability to fight bacteria that cause mycoplasmosis) in aloe vera extract. Another study by scientists from South Korea found that aloe vera can protect skin from damage caused by UV radiation.
2. The most useful vitamins for hair:
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that promotes collagen synthesis, growth and strengthening of hair,
- Vitamin A - fights free radicals and helps the skin produce healthy sebum that protects hair from drying out and loss,
- Vitamin C - perfectly fights bacteria on the scalp, protects against dandruff, promotes the production of collagen and restores hair,
- Vitamin B12 - supports healthy skin and enhances hair growth.
3. Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and soothing properties.
Studies in 1935 and 1996 showed that aloe vera extract reduces inflammation in skin diseases and relieves itching or burning. That is why aloe vera is used as an ambulance for cuts, burns and insect bites, as well as for the treatment of allergies, eczema, acne and psoriasis.
These and other miraculous healing properties of aloe vera are based on the fact that, in addition to the above-mentioned vitamins, it contains:
- Vitamins choline (B4) and folic acid (B9),
- 10 useful minerals: potassium, magnesium, iron, sodium, calcium, copper, zinc, selenium, chromium and manganese,
- 8 enzymes, one of which reduces skin inflammation when applied topically, while all others are involved in the breakdown of sugars and fats,
- Glycoproteinwith anti-allergic properties
- 12 anthraquinoneswhich are laxatives, as well as aloin and emodin, which act as analgesic, antibacterial and antiviral agents,
- Fatty acid: 4 plant steroids, cholesterol, campesterol, β-sizosterol and lupeol (all have anti-inflammatory properties, and lupeol is still an antiseptic and analgesic),
- Hormones: auxins and gibberellins that help in healing wounds and have anti-inflammatory effects,
- 20 of the 22 essential amino acids and 7 of the 8 essential amino acids,
- Salicylic acidwith anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties,
- Lignin - an inert substance, often included in topical preparations and promoting the penetration of other substances into the skin,
- Saponins - soapy substances that form about 3% of aloe gel and have cleansing and antiseptic properties.
The benefits and recipe of aloe vera drink
By keeping almost all the essential amino acids, beneficial vitamins, minerals and other substances listed above, drinking aloe vera gel helps strengthen the immune system, cleanse the body of toxins, reduce blood sugar levels, get rid of heartburn and constipation, and defeat the common cold.
The recipe for this drink is very simple: you need to mix 2 tbsp. l fresh aloe vera gel with 1 tbsp. l lemon juice and 1 tbsp. l honey in 1 cup of warm water. You can whip in a blender to obtain a uniform consistency and add more honey, lemon juice, orange, cucumber or pomegranate to your liking. Immediately use for internal use.
Aloe vera gel and its application in cosmetology
Later in this article we will look at the best ways to use aloe vera gel for face and body skin. Look for recipes for masks and hair sprays in our next material.
The photo below shows how to properly cut off aloe vera gel for making cosmetics at home (you can use a knife or a spoon instead of a vegetable peeler). This is your first step to all subsequent recipes. You can also buy aloe gel at the pharmacy, but their consistencies are slightly different, so you need to adjust the proportions of the ingredients a little.
Aloe Vera Moisturizer Hand and Face Cream Recipe
This moisturizing cream will not leave a greasy film and will not clog the pores on your face. A tiny amount of it is enough to moisturize the entire surface of the face and neck, so you should have enough volume for several months.
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel,
- 2 tbsp. l almond oil, which deeply moisturizes the skin, soothes irritation and reduces dark circles under the eyes,
- 2 tbsp. l Jojoba oil with antibacterial, antiseptic and moisturizing properties
- 1 tbsp. l пчелиного воска (связывающий ингредиент, блокирующий влагу и защищающий кожу от бактерий),
- 10 капель любимых эфирных масел (автор использовал масло лимона и апельсина).
Нагревайте миндальное масло, масло жожоба и пчелиный воск в кастрюле с двойным дном или на водяной бане до полного расплавления и получения однородной массы. Обычно это занимает около 2-5 минут. Перелейте смесь в чашу блендера (или высокую миску для применения ручного миксера) и дайте ей остыть до комнатной температуры. Отдельно смешайте эфирные масла с гелем алоэ вера. When the mixture of oils and wax has cooled, start slowly pouring aloe vera gel into it, beating with a mixer or a whisk until you achieve a creamy consistency (about 10 minutes).
3 important tips:
- If the cream is too thin, then you have added too much almond oil or not enough beeswax (adjust the proportions).
- If you can’t mix oils with aloe vera gel, then your ingredients probably have a big temperature difference (they should all be around room temperature). Other possible causes are a quick addition of aloe or insufficient whipping time.
- Keep aloe vera moisturizer in a cool and dark place to prolong its shelf life. It is possible in the refrigerator.
How to use aloe gel to wash your face
To prepare a gel for washing with aloe vera at home, you will need:
- 4 tbsp. l aloe vera gel,
- 4 tbsp. l liquid soap base
- 2 tsp. butter coconut oil (melt in a water bath), can be replaced with almond (remember that coconut oil is able to clog pores!)
- 5 drops of chamomile or lavender essential oil,
- 1-2 tbsp. l distilled water
- A small bottle with dispenser.
Mix all the ingredients together, lastly by adding chamomile essential oil. Shake the bottle before each use, pour about 1 tsp. funds on a cotton pad and rub them face. After that, wash with warm water.
Skin tonic with aloe vera at home
This tonic of 3 ingredients will help you to narrow pores, remove toxins, reduce redness and moisturize the skin on your face and neck. Here is all you need:
- 2 bags of green tea
- 1 tbsp. l aloe vera gel,
- 1 cup of water.
Brew tea bags in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes. Allow the tea to cool, then throw away the sachets and add aloe vera gel. Stir the mixture thoroughly until there are no visible aloe lumps in it. Pour into a jar or spray bottle.
Apply the tonic to a freshly washed face and neck, spraying it directly onto the skin or by moistening a cotton pad. Gently wipe the skin and apply a moisturizer.
How to use aloe vera gel from acne
Aloe vera gel is one of the best natural remedies for soothing irritated skin, fighting bacteria and acne. This recipe also contains tea tree oil, which has shown good results in the treatment of acne on the test (Read about it and other proven remedies for acne here.).
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel.
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil (it has powerful disinfectant properties, the ability to tighten large pores and reduce excess fat on the skin).
- 7 drops of ef. m lavender (soothes the skin, reduces inflammation and acne scars).
- 7 drops of ef. Clary Sage Clary Sage. This oil helps to balance sebum and helps cleanse the skin. Geranium essential oil has similar properties, with which you can replace it.
In ½ cup of aloe vera gel, add the tea tree oil, then the lavender and sage oils. Beat all the ingredients together, then transfer the mixture to a jar of amber glass (it will protect the essential oils from the harmful light on them).
Apply a small amount of this face gel with aloe vera to fresh, moist skin. Wait for drying and apply a moisturizer on top. Store in a cool dry place.
The best ways to apply aloe vera gel for stretch marks
Aloe vera gel can be applied to stretch marks in a pure form, gently massaging skin with it for 2-3 minutes 2 times a day. After the procedure, the gel is not washed off at all or washed off after 1-2 hours. The results of this application of aloe vera gel will become noticeable within a few weeks, provided that the procedures are performed daily.
For even greater efficacy, you can combine aloe vera with other natural remedies for stretch marks, for example:
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel + 10 capsules of vitamin E (add the contents of the capsules to the aloe gel, mix well and use according to the method described above)
- 2 tbsp. l aloe vera gel + 2 tbsp. l coffee grounds (mix together, apply once a day on stretch marks and massage in circular motions for 1-2 minutes, keep the mixture on the skin for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water),
- 2 tbsp. l aloe vera gel + 1 tsp. lemon juice (mix and use according to the first method 1 time per day),
- 2 tbsp. l aloe vera gel + 1 tbsp. l castor oil (mix and warm slightly before use, apply to the skin 1 time per day and massage for 2-3 minutes, rinse off after 30 minutes),
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel + 1/4 cup of olive oil (use this mixture to massage the skin for 2-3 minutes, leave it overnight, rinse with warm water in the morning),
- 2 tbsp. l aloe vera + 1 tsp. almond oil + 1 tbsp. l honey (use as a mask: apply to the skin and hold for about 30 minutes, rinse with warm water, repeat 2-3 times a week).
Home Aloe Vera Shower Gel
Pamper your body with a nourishing and moisturizing shower gel made from natural products with the scent of your favorite essential oils!
- 1 tbsp. l shea butter
- 1/4 Art. aloe vera gel,
- 3/4 Art. soap base
- 3/4 tsp. guar or xanthan gum (plays the role of a stabilizer and thickener),
- 25 drops of essential oils (the author used orange, lemon and lime).
Melt the shea butter on low heat or water bath. Add the aloe vera gel, let the mixture warm a little more, add the gum and whisk. Finally, pour in the soap base and mix the mixture thoroughly, preferably using an immersion blender (it will allow the gum to be well distributed and will make the mass homogeneous). Be prepared that as a result of this procedure, your aloe vera shower gel will foam greatly, but this will pass in a few hours. When it has cooled to room temperature, add essential oils (optional) and use a kitchen watering can to transfer the gel to a container of your choice.
1. Honey-oat scrub for face and body with aloe vera at home
- 1 cup aloe gel,
- ¼ Art. honey
- ¼ Art. olive oil,
- ½ tbsp. ground oatmeal (chop with a blender).
Mix the ground oatmeal with olive oil and honey, then combine the mixture with aloe vera. Beat it all together for 2-3 minutes to obtain a pasty mass, ready to use.
Oatmeal in combination with aloe vera can make your skin shine! It provides high-quality cleaning, helps to narrow pores and relieves itching from irritation, therefore, it is suitable for use not only on the body, but also on the face (unlike salt scrubs).
If you do not want to use honey, then here is a similar recipe for you without this ingredient:
- 2 tbsp. l ground oatmeal,
- 2 tbsp. l aloe vera gel,
- 1 tsp almond oil.
Mix the ingredients together, then use this scrub on the face and / or body, massaging the skin with gentle circular movements. Allowed to apply 2-3 times a week.
2. Salt-based Aloe Vera Skin Scrub
- 1 tsp finely ground salts
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder (optional),
- 2 tbsp. l argan oil,
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel,
- A few drops of your favorite essential oils.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly into a pasty consistency. Repeat the procedure 1-2 times a week. Keep in a dark place and do not use the scrub before going out in the sun, because many essential oils have photosensitivity.
3. Recipe for Aloe Vera Scrub for Deep Skin Cleansing
- 1 tbsp. l soda,
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel,
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
Combine all substances in a soft paste, if necessary, adding a little oil or mineral water. Use the product obtained for deep cleaning and exfoliation of the skin 1 time per week.
1. How to use aloe vera in the form of a face mask
Aloe vera gel can be applied to the face in its pure form or mixed with other useful and natural ingredients. So, for additional hydration and fight against acne, it is combined with the juice of vegetables, berries and fruits (cucumbers, tomatoes, citrus), and for nourishing dry skin - with oils (olive, shea, jojoba, etc.). At the same time, eggs, honey and natural yoghurt provide gentle care and moisturizing oily skin, on which the use of oils is undesirable.
To prepare a gentle aloe vera yogurt face mask, you will need:
- 1 tbsp. l aloe vera gel,
- 1 tbsp. l natural yogurt.
Mix aloe vera gel with yogurt, apply on face and leave for 10 minutes, then rinse with cold water. This mask is quite gentle and can be used 2-3 times a week.
2. Anti-aging face mask with aloe vera and cucumber
Aloe vera gel helps to produce collagen and hyaluronic acid, due to which its external and internal use helps to prevent the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin. In addition, it has antioxidants that fight premature aging. In combination with cucumber (which also has moisturizing properties and vitamins), it will help you to stay young and beautiful longer.
- 100 g of aloe vera gel,
- 100 g cucumber.
Grate the cucumber or use an immersion blender to blend it with aloe vera until smooth. You can add some lemon juice. Apply the mask to your face and leave overnight (or at least for 2-3 hours). Wash with warm water and apply a moisturizer to the skin.
3. Face mask with aloe and almond oil
This recipe is ideal for treating dry, flaky skin. What you will need:
- 2 tbsp. l aloe vera gel,
- 3 tsp. almond oil
- 1 banana
Crush the banana with a fork, then alternately add the two remaining ingredients, mixing the mixture well. You can use a blender. Spread the resulting paste on the clean skin of the face, neck, décolleté and leave for 15 minutes. Then wash the mask with warm water.
4. We combine the healing properties of aloe vera and basil
Facial mask with aloe vera gel and basil has a powerful cleansing, rejuvenating and moisturizing effect, well helps with acne, refreshes and tones the skin.
Here are the necessary ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. l aloe vera gel,
- 1 tbsp. l mineral water
- 1 bunch fresh basil (a small handful of leaves should come out),
- And the same amount of neem (optional).
Crush the basil and it to the state in which they give out the juice and can mix with the other ingredients for application to the face. The most convenient way to do this is with a mortar and pestle. If you do not have these tools, you can just rub the leaves with your fingers. After that, fill them with prepared water, mix thoroughly and add aloe gel. Apply the resulting mass on the washed face and neck, leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse with water.
5. Method of using aloe vera gel for face with egg
The combination of these two ingredients improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin, provides additional moisture and nutrition, and also prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
The recipe for this mask:
- Whisk 1 egg in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp. l aloe vera gel,
- Beat the mixture again and apply on the skin of the face, neck and décolleté,
- Let the mask dry for 15 minutes,
- Wash off with warm water.
6. Face mask with aloe vera and oils
This mask has a nourishing, moisturizing and rejuvenating effect. Here is what is needed for its preparation:
- 2 tbsp. l aloe gel,
- 2 tbsp. l shea butter
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil.
Just mix all the ingredients together. If shea butter is poorly soluble, then heat the mixture in a microwave oven for 10 seconds and mix again. After cooling the mask to room temperature, apply it in the same way as the previous methods.
7. Recipe for Tomato Facial Mask with Aloe Vera
Tomato juice in combination with aloe gel helps fight acne, cleans pores well and tones the skin of the face and neck. The method of preparation of such a mask:
- Pour into a bowl 2 tbsp. l tomato juice (or 1 tomato, pureed blender),
- Add 1 tbsp. l gel aloe vera and mix,
- Use the same method as the previous masks.
Useful advice to those who read the article to the end! Before using any mask and for washing it off the face, wash with warm water - it helps to uncork and clean the pores. And already when you wash off the mask, then rinse your face several times with cold water or wipe it with an ice cube - this will help clean the pores to quickly tighten.