Alcoholism - dependence on alcoholic beverages (ethanol), negatively affecting the state of the human body as a whole.
According to statistics, a man takes about seven to ten years to become ethanol-dependent, and only five years of regular use is necessary for female alcoholism to develop. The signs in women, despite the transience of the process, will be less noticeable, and the treatment will be long and difficult.
Features of addiction
Alcoholism is considered to be a purely masculine disease, but in the last decade, women have been increasingly exposed to this addiction. Unlike male, female alcoholism is almost not treatable.Despite the fact that women are stronger than men, they are more easily influenced by stress and the effects of harmful habits. In addition, the symptoms of alcoholism in women appear much later, while having less pronounced symptoms.
Female alcoholism is a psycho-narcological disease, accompanied by damage to the central nervous system and internal organs with constant, excessive use and addiction of women to alcohol.
For normal functioning, the human body needs a small amount of ethanol, which is produced independently due to the correct metabolism.
Signs of dependence
The first sign of alcoholism in women is denial. People who are addicted to ethanol tend to say that they are used like everyone else, only on holidays with relatives or on weekends to relieve stress and fatigue. However, the foundation of addiction is precisely the senseless persistent craving for alcohol.
Attraction to alcohol, or alcoholism, symptoms in women has the following:
- Search for any minor occasion conducive to an alcoholic feast. All addicted women begin to drink about the same. First, only on major holidays, after small persuasions, then the dependent person uses without persuasion, for the company, is the initiator of the festivities, gradually changing the circle of friends and acquiring alcohol for the house, as if in reserve, explaining this with the opportunity to celebrate an unexpected holiday or meeting unplanned guests. Often, women can not explain their behavior, voicing only common phrases: “this is necessary,” “uncomfortable to refuse,” “if you drink, then life is more fun,” and, without even realizing it, tend to the state of ethanol intoxication.
- Changing the behavior of women in anticipation of the upcoming drink. They try to leave work early, end up with business quickly, so they can come home and have a quiet drink.
- Protecting their interests, protecting friends drinking, highlighting in their behavior only positive aspects and virtues. They do not accept claims and reproaches of non-smokers, they arrange scandals against the background of a ban on alcohol use.
- Justification of their behavior with common phrases: "as doctors advise," "alcohol increases performance", etc.
- Lack of objective criticism of their behavior. Most alcoholics do not recognize their dependence, denying signs of social degradation against the background of drunkenness.
Stages of alcoholism in women
Signs of this disorder we have described. Now consider its stages. Female alcoholism, developing, passes through certain stages, in accordance with them there is a gradual transition from the use of ethanol in small doses to a complete loss of self-control, accompanied by the disintegration of the personality in combination with actual somatic pathologies.
Stages of female alcoholism:
- Stage one - the uncontrolled taking of alcohol. Denial of dependence, loss of gag reflex, drinking alcohol 2-3 times a week, intoxication after taking a small dose, the formation of mental dependence on alcohol.
- Stage two - changes in the body, occurring against the background of the formation of addiction, the appearance of a hangover syndrome, increased craving for alcohol, the use of beverages with a high degree for a faster onset of intoxication. As a result, as the dose increases, poisoning becomes more intense due to acetaldigid entering the bloodstream. Based on this process, there are noticeable changes in the appearance of the woman. The second stage is accompanied by the appearance of psevdozapoev, i.e., alcohol consumption 3-4 days in a row, insomnia, short-term amnesia during intoxication, the formation of physical dependence on alcoholic beverages.
- Stage three is characterized by the disintegration of the individual, that is, complete degradation, dementia, leading to dementia, amnesia, prolonged long-term drinking-disorders and, as a consequence, the appearance of delirium tremens.
Change in the appearance of a drinking woman
If we are talking about the second and third stages of alcoholism, accompanied by hard drinking, it will not be difficult to identify an ethanol-dependent woman. Unlike men, women subconsciously fear being caught in drunkenness. That is why alcoholics try to carefully hide their weakness. In addition, it is difficult for a woman to admit to herself and those around her that she has become one of those whom she herself has once condemned and bypassed.
Signs of alcoholism in women on the face appear very quickly. They include:
- Discoloration of the face and skin, unhealthy blush, once pink skin acquires a gray, earthy hue, the appearance of purple spots and bruises from bursting capillaries is possible. The painful luster of the eyes, glass, unthinking, bags under the eyes, eyelid swelling.
- Untidy, untidy hair. Tangled, dirty, greasy, with a pathological dandruff on the scalp.
- Loss of blackening of the teeth, the formation of tartar and plaque.
- Wrinkles, intensity of the frontal muscles, deepening of the nasolabial fold, thickening of the lips, widening of the nostrils, atrophy of the neck muscles.
External signs of alcoholism in women:
- Unstable gait, angular shape, painful thinness.
- Bright, inappropriate age makeup or a complete lack of signs of respect for personal hygiene.
- Untidy, dirty, torn clothes.
This type of alcoholism is perceived by many people as absolutely safe, having nothing to do with ethanol addiction. Women become addicted to beer drinks less often than men, but dependence develops, as a rule, unnoticed, many start with one or two bottles a day, using this drink to relax.
Signs of beer alcoholism in women are as follows:
- Consumption of more than two bottles (1 liter) per day.
- Aggressive behavior, accompanied by depressed, depressed mood in a sober state.
- Frequent migraines, insomnia at night, weakness and sleepiness during the day.
- Psychological dependence, confidence in the impossibility of a good rest and relaxation without drinking beer.
This method is effective only for those who themselves wish to be cured. The process is that a drug is injected into the woman, which, under the influence of alcohol, begins to act as a poison, causing pain. During treatment, fearing the pain of the drug, a woman learns to live without alcohol, gradually adjusting her life.
Signs of alcoholism in women on the face (the photo below shows them) are especially noticeable. And it should be said that it is impossible to restore the freshness of the face and remove wrinkles after the treatment of dependence.
It is very important that, after coding, the patient is surrounded by non-drinkers, supported by relatives, convincing that you need to live on, rethink values and find work. Then alcoholism (we have already considered the signs in women) will certainly remain in the past.
Peculiarities of alcoholism
Doctors narcologists note that the drinker loses completely the ability to self-control and becomes powerless in front of any situation. An alcoholic patient is not able to adequately understand and assess the situation, and, therefore, cannot even realize that there is a deadly problem..
Win the first victory over alcoholism is possible only if the patient is completely isolated to access to alcohol. It should be understood that deliberately an alcoholic will not stop drinking, because the power of addiction is too powerful.
But, in the case when the person has not yet reached the level of "chronic alcoholism", there is a chance to cope with this situation yourself. But for this it is necessary to more fully possess information about the features of the disease.
The task of rehabilitation of alcohol addicts will become impossible if a person fails to figure out the cause of their own development of the disease. Some people mistakenly believe that the wrong way of life, bad examples, and one's own weakness become the reasons for drinking. But these are only secondary factors, the real sources of the problem lie far deeper.
The real cause of alcoholism comes from the presence of various psychological problems:
- inability to fight depression
- inability to cope with stress,
- inability to get rid of negative emotions.
By the way, under these conditions, people will behave differently. If for some, the only salvation will be a glass with alcohol, while others do not even remember about alcohol. According to the psychologists, the reasons for pushing the person to the beginning of the development of alcoholism are the following:
- The presence of hidden complexes.
- Instability psycho-emotional nature.
- Deep unsolved problems coming from childhood.
And the environment, emotional instability and other factors from the outside - only contribute to the development of alcoholism. Some believe that the cause of their drunkenness is banal boredom. But behind it, in fact, lies a terrible understanding of absolute uselessness and worthlessness.
When a person cannot occupy himself with something, get carried away, the feeling of his own importance in life is lost, in this case, calm is looked for in a glass with alcohol.
In such a situation, in the first place, one should get rid of the depressive state formed on the basis of the feeling of worthlessness, and only then deal with the burden of drinking. According to psychologists, one of the most effective ways to combat alcohol addiction is the competent organization of human leisure. The richer his life becomes, the less will be the chances of taking the path of destructive alcoholism.
Discussing the question of how to overcome alcohol dependence independently, it is necessary to consider the factor of heredity. It has long been established that alcoholism often originates from an existing genetic predisposition. But even in this case with alkaprististy can cope. And you should act in advance, without bringing the addiction:
- get involved in active sports
- Do not be in a society where they often drink,
- strictly limit yourself to alcohol consumption.
Nuances of adolescent alcoholism
Narcologists also single out the problem of the development of alcoholism, which concerns young and inexperienced people with a weak psyche. For teenagers, public opinion is extremely important. Here a negative role is played by alcohol advertising..
It was noticed that at the time when advertising of vodka was allowed in the mass media, the greatest increase in alcohol consumption was observed among young people.
Parents and close relatives are capable of preventing the sad development of events in this case. The existing harmony, warmth and mutual understanding among family members plays a big role. But in the case when the authority of the parents for the child is too low, then the chance is great for him to be in a bad company, whose members are friends with alcohol.
Here we are talking not so much about the fight against alcohol abuse, but about the direct involvement of parents in the lives of their children. About teaching them from the cradle to morality, ethics, morality and a healthy lifestyle. Remember that alcohol trouble never appears in an “empty place”. After all, the vast majority of people at least once, but tried alcohol, but not all of them turned into alcoholics.
The strongest stress suffered by doctors is another reason for the emergence of alcoholism. What can push a person to take the path of alcoholism? Psychologists identify the following factors:
- betrayal of relatives,
- total financial collapse
- loss of hope and purpose of life
- death of a loved one and loved one.
Without the support of close people in such difficult moments of life, it is not possible for everyone to stifle the available emotional pain. Therefore, many turn to alcohol for help and gradually drink. With the timely help of relatives, it is sometimes possible to bring the person to a normal state and return to the original life.. But for this you need a good motivation.
How to identify alcoholism
Far from every over-enthusiasm for alcoholic drinks, doctors refer to illness. To understand how to cope with the alcoholism of a husband or other relative, one must be sure that there is a problem. The following signs indicate the already pathological craving for alcohol:
- Pronounced desire to drink. Personality becomes nervous if there is no alcohol in the house. Moreover, even a temporary rejection of drinking provokes the appearance of strong irritation and anxiety.
- Loss of self-control. Earlier, after consuming alcohol, a person came to a good mood, but now small doses of alcohol do not cause euphoria. As a result, the patient gets drunk more, because the body needs already increased doses of ethanol.
- Loss of gag reflex. A healthy body responds to intoxication with nausea and vomiting. In the case of alcoholism, these reflexes are no longer available. It should be alerted when a person, even after a large amount of alcohol consumed, does not experience vomiting. Here we are talking about addictive physiological nature.
- Long hangover. In the case of alcoholism, the addict practically does not go out of this state. And the habit to a hangover syndrome develops. The patient already considers tremor, aching joints, muscle weakness, and migraine in the order of norm and does not pay attention to these symptoms.
To another indicator of existing alcoholism, narcologists refer to the emergence of withdrawal syndrome. It is expressed in the most real breaking, similar to narcotic, when the patient remains without the usual dose of alcohol. At the same time, against the background of such a state, there is a significant deterioration in all the existing physiological problems:
- heart disease,
- disorders of the brain,
- problems in the functioning of the central nervous system,
- Mass regeneration of healthy liver tissue (development of cirrhosis).
How to cope with the situation
What to do if alcoholism manifested itself, what ways are the most effective? By the way, narcologists say that it is especially difficult to defeat female alcoholism, due to the functional characteristics of a woman.. The optimal solution is the connection of complex therapy, including:
- Drug treatment.
- Work on the psychocorrection.
In the future, doctors recommend conducting coding sessions or another type of treatment, which is based on the formation of a patient's disgust for alcohol. The main problem in the fight against alcoholism is the complete denial of the existing problem in the patient.
If an alcohol addict is not aware of his illness, treatment can begin with drugs that are given secretly from the patient. Such funds give impetus to further, more powerful therapy.
The treatment of alcohol addiction itself is carried out under one, the main condition - the complete sobriety of the patient at the time of the procedure. That is, an alcoholic should not consume alcoholic products no less than 10-12 days before the start of therapy.
Doctors first of all conduct manipulations to prepare the patient's body to receive the prescribed drugs. For this purpose, the following activities are carried out:
- a course of infusion therapy (drip),
- antidepressants are prescribed to alleviate withdrawal,
- antipsychotics are prescribed in cases of withdrawal syndrome,
- drugs are used to help cleanse the body of ethanol residues.
Neuroleptics - drugs are quite powerful and aggressive. They are prescribed only in extreme cases - these medicines have too many side effects.. But in some difficult situations, neuroleptics become the only means that significantly alleviates the condition of the alcoholic.
With the end of a long course of treatment in the hospital, the fight against alcoholism is not over. After being discharged and returning home, the craving for drinking may return.. To prevent this from happening, the following tips should be followed to avoid relapse:
- To entice a person with affairs, to find a hobby, a hobby.
- Навсегда убрать из рациона бывшего больного любой вид спиртного.
- Посвящать ему много времени, проводить совместные досуги, прогулки.
- Полностью исключить общение бывшего алкоголика с прежними друзьями-собутыльниками.
Алкоголизм – заболевание коварное и очень сложное. Борьба с ним порой будет продолжаться не один год. You should not remember that it is not so difficult to overcome the desire for drunkenness, how to overcome your own weakness and inertia. In such situations, the full support and assistance of loved ones is extremely important and necessary.
It is necessary to prepare that the first time after the treatment of the former alcoholic will be difficult to find a worthwhile job, it takes time for socialization. Alcoholism will remind of itself for a long time, because this addiction is formed on the basis of not only physical but also psychological dependence. A usual way of life for one day does not change.
But one should never allow despair and depression to oneself, letting go of the situation. And relatives should take it as a rule never to reproach a person, especially if the drinker has already taken the path of rehabilitation.. On the contrary, one should constantly motivate him, help and support him. And only in this case, success and a complete victory over alcoholism will be guaranteed.
If a woman drinks. How to get rid of alcohol addiction
Drinking women are getting bigger, the head physician of the Marshak clinic, a psychiatrist-narcologist Dmitry Vladimirovich Vashkin, authoritatively declares - and dispels the myths about female alcoholism and confirms the facts. Is alcoholism more dangerous in women than in men? What women need treatment for alcohol dependence? Can a woman stop drinking on her own?
Female alcoholism is rare
Unfortunately, no longer. If twenty years ago there was conditionally one woman among ten patients with alcohol dependence, today we are talking about four or even five women.
The tendency is explained not only by the fact that women began to make money on a par with men, to turn up business - and this is always stress, which is easier and faster to remove with a glass of wine. The fact is that sick women, or rather their relatives, began to seek treatment more often in clinics, because the drinking wife and mother - yes, this is still embarrassing for the family (male alcoholism is more “let's say,“ habitual ” ), but people understand that the problem can and must be dealt with. Previously, they were even afraid to seek treatment. Therefore, diagnostics in statistics also plays a role.
Female alcoholism occurs, as a rule, in asocial circles
Of course, as well as men. But today I would single out such a tendency: more and more secured women who have a stable and high income or successfully married will get caught on the hook of a green serpent. In the first case, alcohol is, I repeat, a way to abstract oneself from endless business tasks and relieve stress. In the second - a consequence of lack of implementation, sometimes loneliness, if the spouse, for example, spends a lot of time at work or on the road.
To share alcoholism on male and female - sexism
Surprisingly, many women do reproach drug abusers with sexism when it comes to this difficult topic. Today, a woman who drinks wine on a par with men, orders champagne at a meeting with a friend, few people have a censure, and this is normal, since we live in an era of fair equality.
Another thing is that the female body reacts differently to alcohol than the male one, women get addicted more quickly - solely because of the physiology and chemistry of the body - and therefore I would recommend them to be more careful with alcohol.
Just imagine that you come to a fitness club, and a trainer gives you exercises and a load that is adequate for a woman. He does not advise to lift the weight of more than five kilograms, because it threatens you with the omission of the pelvic organs. No one argues. But as soon as it comes to a glass of wine, the debate begins. Meaning is not a violation of rights, but in physiology.
Women perceive alcohol differently
Of course! And the hormonal background, which changes during the month, and the fermentation are responsible for this. In the female body, initially there is less ACDG, an enzyme that processes acetaldehyde (the very poison that poison the body) into harmless acetate. This means that a woman gets drunk more actively and is more susceptible to withdrawal symptoms. So, automatically falls into the risk group.
Let's not forget about the psychological aspect: against the background of the withdrawal syndrome, women are mostly in a depressed state. She is more tormented by the discrepancy of the social role, the rules of "decency."
Returning to the changeable hormonal background: it is more difficult for a woman to control herself during PMS, because anxiety increases, and this means a craving for pleasure - chocolate, for example, or alcohol.
Dependence a woman has been forming for three years
Yes something like that. However, both in a woman and in a man it can be formed in a year, all individually. Unfortunately, the notorious "glass of wine" often turns into a disease, that is, regular use.
Judging by my practice, a woman gets drunk more desperately. Especially if there are psychological trauma, depression, no support - normal relations with parents, a reliable partner. It also happens that a woman after 40, 50 years has lost its former shape, is unhappy with her body, and therefore can not relax during sex. And then alcohol comes to the rescue again.
Female alcoholism is incurable
Any alcoholism is incurable, but I hasten to rejoice - the disease can be poisoned in long-term remission, up to 20-30 years. Why incurable? Because even with a very good treatment and prolonged abstinence, the ex-dependent can break. No guarantee, understand?
But, of course, this is not a reason not to undergo treatment. At the initial stage it is enough and competent psychotherapy. On a neglected one, this is already a whole complex of measures, based on medical treatment.
If you prefer, you can always say to yourself "stop"
Unfortunately, the patients themselves turn to me extremely rarely. In most cases, they are brought by relatives, friends. There is a thin, invisible line between the stage when a person can still understand that he has problems and turn to a psychotherapist, change his lifestyle, learn how to relieve stress and raise his spirits in other ways. And the stage when it is already impossible, because the person, no matter what sex, is dependent and does not recognize it. This is where your family or reliable partner connects.
We are in the process of treating alcohol dependence necessarily work with relatives. There may be codependency and provocations - but this is a separate big topic.
If I don't come, mom will die.
Alcoholism is a disease just like everyone else. You will not treat pneumonia with scandals and persuasion! Or move to mom and be a nanny, leaving the family. Or emotionally withdraw from my mother's drunkenness. Do not sit on two chairs.
there was already such a topic.
Drinking mother, author with a child, and a plane, and a disgruntled husband
With humor and truth: the male brain is different from the female
This freak, in contrast to the carriers of the twentieth century (who, in essence, still do not need sexual fertilization, and, perhaps, most carriers of Xy set in nature do not fall under the psychological management of the female sex and don’t sacrifice their lives for posterity.
Below I gave an evolutionary explanation of the simplicity of men.
The fact is that at some stage of our development, our ancestors were homosexual.
And these were women with the twentieth chromosome. Actually. all chromosomes were paired, not just twentieth.
At some stage, a genetic abnormality appeared - a kind of individual with the XY chromosome, although Y is just a “fragment” of the X chromosome.
In other words, among women of ancestors, a freak appeared with a single incomplete 46 chromosome.
This freak, unlike the carriers of the twentieth century (who, in fact, still do not need sexual fertilization and can reproduce without men even now) did not have an apparatus for creating a child in his body, which significantly improved his physical strength and all kinds of strength. abilities.
In the process of the collision of two communities - only XX and XX + XY it turned out that a significant advantage of separation of functions became clear: XX remained the main creature (ac), and XY provided vydivanie XX during the breeding season.
In addition, the mechanism of “love madness” was “introduced into XY,” when, during the time required for raising XU offspring, it completely fell under the psychological control of the 20th century and sacrificed life for its sake and children.
This is clearly seen in the process of embryogenesis (fetal development from a single cell to a child that repeats phylogenesis - a process of historical modification. All sex differences of the embryo arise only at 4-5 weeks, and not earlier.
Nature of addiction
The principles by which the disease develops and addiction is developed are the same for men and women. However, there are some factors that allowed experts to define female alcoholism as an independent disease. These factors influence the development of the disease, problems that arise, as well as treatment.
These features include:
- The predominance in women of intuitive, rather than logical thinking, which causes increased emotionality, and this can be a determining factor under the influence of stressful situations.
- The female body is designed in such a way that the liver performs the process of ethanol ingested much worse, so it is more susceptible to the toxic and destructive effects of alcohol.
- The fragility of the nervous system, so the transmission of the corresponding impulses worsens even in the early period of the disease.
- In the liver and spleen in women, blood flows at a slower rate than in men.
- The barrier that protects the brain from toxic substances is much less developed in women than in men.
- Low rate of excretion of recycled ethanol from the body.
- The process of absorption of toxic substances in the intestine is carried out, on the contrary, faster than in men.
- Female sex hormones are absolutely incompatible with substances that remain in the body as a result of alcohol processing.
All these factors contribute to the fact that women in many cases do not themselves notice that they have become addicted to the use of alcoholic beverages and do not begin to deal with this problem at the initial stage. This contributes to the creation of a strong addiction, which can lead to such a phenomenon as chronic alcoholism.
Despite the pronounced symptoms, most women find it difficult to detect and recognize the presence of the disease. For this reason, close people should help the patient to deal with the pathology. It is important that they themselves do not abuse alcohol, since this factor has a negative impact on the awareness of their own problems.
It is important to notice female alcoholism at an early stage, for as yet no irreversible consequences have arisen and it is easier to overcome. Among the most common symptoms of the disease, experts identify the following:
- Frequent and difficult to overcome desire to drink alcohol, regardless of its type or quality.
- Denying any conversations during which surrounding people signify a problem.
- A gradual increase in consumed doses of alcohol, since the stage of intoxication occurs with time much longer.
- Lack of appetite, alcoholic beverages are consumed without any food.
- Lack of interest in their hobbies or interests, denial of values that were important before.
- Insularity, low degree of sociability, often in companies with people suffering from the same disease.
- Inadequacy in the acts committed.
- Lowering the intellectual level, the absence of any self-criticism.
- Lack of responsibility or interest in work activities.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages in large quantities alone.
- Discoloration of the face, swelling.
- Shaking hands.
- Cirrhosis of the liver, the development of which can be seen on the increasing abdomen.
Symptoms develop gradually, certain signs may not appear immediately, but over time. The progress of the disease and the emergence of new symptoms is due to the fact that most women in the more severe stages of the disease do not experience an emetic reflex when they consume even very large doses of alcohol.
When this disease occurs, specialists traditionally divide it into three stages, which are differentiated by the development of alcohol dependence and related complications. Depending on the stage of alcoholism, the methods of treatment of this disease are determined.
The stages themselves are as follows:
- The beginning of the formation of addiction to alcoholic beverages, during which the addiction of brain receptors to ethanol is carried out. This gives rise to psychological dependence and pushes the patient to a gradual transition to the next stage. This is manifested in the fact that the desire to consume an alcoholic beverage arises with great frequency, a woman begins to look for imaginary reasons to justify her actions.
- The actions of opioid receptors lead to the second stage, which have already managed to fully get used to ethanol and, without a regular dose, begin to send irritating impulses to the brain. Usually, a woman at this stage either drinks alcohol constantly, or goes into a binge, but there is still no change in the neural structure of the brain or internal organs.
- At the third stage, changes in receptors that send signals to the brain in the absence of a regular dose of ethanol are already irreversible. Drinking alcoholic beverages becomes the main goal in the life of such patients.
Due to the fact that this form of alcoholism develops and progresses very quickly, the most serious consequences soon occur, in some cases they are incompatible with life.
Experts identify the following effects of female alcoholism:
- a sharp and strong drop in the level of intelligence,
- development of mental disorders
- brain damage,
- delirium tremens,
- a number of characteristic diseases, including encephalopathy, liver cirrhosis, pancreatitis, portal hypertension, and others,
- risk of overdose
- low quality alcohol poisoning,
- the risk of gangrene, which leads to the amputation of limbs,
- the likelihood of a heart attack or stroke.
For the implementation of successful treatment it is necessary to ensure that the woman herself realizes and acknowledges that she has problems, otherwise all attempts to help will be a waste of time. It is necessary to surround her with attention and care, but you should not overdo it, putting too much pressure on the person.
After the woman is aware of her illness and is ready to undergo treatment, you need to act as quickly as possible. A full course of treatment can only be provided in conditions of detention in a special drug treatment station under the supervision of specialists.
The following methods are commonly used to treat female alcoholism:
- taking special medications,
- therapeutic practices aimed at the detoxification process,
- psychotherapeutic help,
- blocking brain receptors that send the appropriate signals to the brain in the absence of an ethanol dose in the body is achieved by injecting a special preparation under the skin,
- work on improving the condition of the affected internal organs.
Methods of treatment are chosen by specialists and depend on the stage of the disease at which the patient is. Be healthy!
Documentary film about female alcoholism.
The first symptoms of alcoholism in women
To be able to understand that alcohol has become a problem, it is necessary to know all the symptoms of the disease. Only then can you convince a woman to quit drinking alcohol:
- Talk about the beneficial effects of a small amount of alcohol on the body. In this case, the woman is trying to act as a connoisseur of elite drinks.
- She always wants to arrange some gatherings with friends, colleagues about and without him.
- The girl is worried about insomnia, feeling tired in the morning, nervous tension, which she is trying to relieve by drinking alcohol.
- Also, the complexion becomes dull, hair loses its natural shine, extra pounds appear.
Physiological manifestations of alcohol dependence
In addition to the primary symptoms of alcoholism, there are others that indicate that the disease is progressing:
- Unreasonable frequent mood swings.
- Appearance ceases to be attractive due to the fact that a woman stops caring for herself.
- Problems begin with the kidneys, liver, heart. The metabolism is broken.
- Inability to get pregnant, infertility.
- It becomes difficult for a girl to think about something; she cannot draw the simplest logical conclusions.
- Clearly visible hangover.
If you notice at least one of these signs, then it is urgent to think about how you can help a woman cope with the problem and stop drinking. The first thing you need to try to solve the problem in the family, without the intervention of unauthorized persons. Only in the case when conversations and convictions have not brought any results, should narcologists be referred to in-patient treatment at the hospital.
About the treatment of alcoholism, written hundreds of articles, given many tips. Своим личным опытом о избавлении от пагубной привычки с нами поделилась МАРИЯ К. Ее личный опыт лечение мужа от алкоголизма.
«Накочегареные» леди: жизнь без розовых очков
Как помочь женщинам справиться с проблемой
Алкоголь имеет на женщин намного большее влияние, чем на представителей мужского пола. In order to have an addiction, girls need only three years. But to cope with it yourself will not work. It is necessary to remember that each representative of the weak half of humanity is a potential mother and keeper of the home. That is why it is necessary to make her cope with the disease and quit drinking alcohol.
The causes of alcoholism in women are many. This may be uncomfortable conditions in which she lives, and a strong psychological burden, and constant stressful situations, and communication with drinkers. In any case, if you do not begin to struggle with the fact that a woman consumes alcohol, then she will not be able to stop drinking on her own. Even in the event of the development of any illness caused by alcoholic beverages, it will be very difficult, even impossible, for a woman to stop and not to drink again.
Support and understanding of relatives is the main incentive for refusing strong drinks.
The main incentive to fight alcoholism for women is family and children. Any woman is, above all, a mother, whose natural vocation is to preserve family comfort, to protect her child. If the husband, at the moment when his wife begins to get involved in the use of alcohol, is unable or unwilling to provide her assistance, he may lose her love and attention forever. The girl always needs the support of loved ones, she will not be able to cope on her own. Therefore, it is important to provide it in the early stages of the disease, when it is still possible to somehow influence it with talk, simple care. If the moment is missed, then throwing a glass in the future will be almost an impossible task for the dependent girl.
Ineffective ways to combat alcoholism in women
This problem can occur in any family. Relatives should not condemn a woman, but are obliged to provide her with all possible assistance that they can do to get alcohol out of their lives once and for all. There are many ways to treat alcoholism. Only some of the popular methods do not bring any results. But only harm to health:
- Hypnosis. To quit drinking is inspired by a woman by specialists at home or in specialized medical institutions. The patient is immersed in a trance, during which she is told that alcohol is a mortal danger. This is the so-called "encoding". Unfortunately, representatives of the beautiful half of society often break this “code”. After that, binges become long, and the consequences are grave. In addition, it should be understood that any penetration into the psychological state of a person can have completely different consequences.
Tips for treating alcoholism in women
If the drinking woman decided to force herself to stop drinking, then she simply needed the following tips:
- First of all, determine the reason why she started drinking alcohol,
- it is also necessary to find out the exact reason for abandoning the addiction, which was the impetus for the beginning of the fight against the disease,
- further it is necessary to learn to avoid situations which can lead to the use of alcoholic beverages. This is one of the most effective tips
- a woman should be aware of the fact that some events in life allow a little bit to drink and relax, for example, a birthday. The main thing is not to exceed the measure drunk
- It is important to identify any activities that will distract you from the desire to drink alcohol. For example, you can enroll in a club of interests, start learning foreign languages. The main thing is to have very little free time.
- if you have problems in your personal life, contact a psychologist for help. Plus, you need to make new acquaintances, surround yourself with good people and not stay at home thinking about unhappy love.
Psychological support for a sick person
In any case, getting a woman to stop drinking excessive amounts of alcohol is almost impossible. She can only give a helping hand, support, save from situations that provoke the development of alcoholism. If a girl really needs someone, then this someone must always be near, to hold constant conversations about the dangers of this harmful habit to health, about how bad things are for everyone around what she drinks. This is the only way to convince her of the need to stop drinking.
And a little about the secrets of the author
Do your relatives or friends have these symptoms? And you understand firsthand what it is:
- The craving for alcohol becomes a priority desire, it is almost impossible to fight it.
- There is a severe pronounced hangover syndrome.
- The maximum dose of alcohol that the patient can drink is determined: contrary to the data on the lethal doses of alcohol to the human body (a little more than a liter), an experienced alcoholic can drink up to one and a half liters of vodka and stay alive.
- Personality deformation progresses, the patient suffers from a whole complex of various disorders, including:
- irritability up to aggressiveness
- imbalance, rapid mood swings, general weakness, which occurs even with minor loads,
- deformation of volitional character traits,
- reduced ability of the patient to concentrate during periods of sobriety,
- a significant change in priorities in life: uniform desires are formed, associated exclusively with the use of alcohol.
- Significantly deteriorates the memory and mental abilities of a drinker.
- The patient begins to suffer from severe episodic mental disorders, such as:
- delirium tremens,
Now answer the question: would you like to save your neighbor? Is it possible to endure such pain? And how much money have you already “leaked” to ineffective treatment? That's right - it's time to stop with this! Do you agree? That is why we decided to publish an exclusive interview with Yuri Nikolayev, in which he revealed the secrets of getting rid of alcohol addiction.
Problems after coding
Alcoholism is a chemical addiction = the body’s dependence on alcohol as a chemical. And about the fact that it is easier to drink tsitramon, and not find out why the headache and eliminate the cause .. Well, yes it is. Simply. Is alcoholism generally treated?
Conference "Alcoholism and drug addiction, addiction psychology" "Alcoholism and drug addiction, addiction psychology". Section: Alcoholism (mainly to the consultant question. Is beer dependency really harder to treat?) Beer.
The main causes of alcoholism in women
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2015, Belarus was the first in the world to consume spirits, Ukraine was the second, but Russia, whose population is traditionally considered to be a drinker, got the “honorable” 6th place. In numbers, it looks like this: 17.5 - 17.47 - 15, although the rate of 8 liters per capita is considered critical.
From accidents, cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and cardiovascular diseases, 2.5 million drinkers die each year (4% of the total number of deaths in the world). Dozens of scientific papers, hundreds of brochures and thousands of popular articles have been written about alcoholism.
It seems that everything has long been known, but until now the doctors will not give a confident answer to the question, is it possible to completely cure from this serious illness?
Not everyone will be able to stop drinking, because he believes that he is always able to “quit”. A woman who has become addicted to alcohol is harder to get out of because of many social conditions. According to statistics, in Russia for every 100 male drinkers there are at least 50 representatives of the weaker sex.
Among the causes of alcoholism in women should be called two main factors: social and psycho-physiological, with a number of distinctive features.
Consider the social causes of female alcoholism:
- Standard of living. Difficult financial situation (unemployment, poor living conditions, inadequate nutrition, etc.) and vice versa, financial independence is often accompanied by alcoholic euphoria. “I'm a free man, I'm fine, why not relax?”
Alcohol Traditions. Significant life events, such as graduation from school, university, childbirth, promotion at work, are inconceivable without a feast. Most people do not betray this serious meaning, but out of every 5-6 drinkers, one becomes an alcoholic. And when this is a young woman, an expectant mother or already having children, this is a big tragedy in the family and for society.
Educational qualifications. A small level of education, affecting the perception of life, often becomes a factor that encourages alcoholism. “I’m no worse than others, why are they allowed, but I’m not allowed?” Although quite educated women drink too much.
Incomplete family. A single mother does not have enough time and money to raise and maintain a child. A teenager in the company of his peers is often looking for "sponsors" in various dubious institutions. This is a direct path to prostitution, alcoholism and drug addiction.
Poor parents. When father and mother drink and are in conflict with the law, a daughter can take this path.
Here are the psychophysiological causes of alcoholism in women:
- Hereditary predisposition. A girl whose parents abused alcohol is more susceptible to him.
Emotional Instability. Women are emotional, stressful situations can provoke craving for a glass.
Body features. In women, faster than in men, ethanol is absorbed into the blood. Female sex hormones quickly suppress alcohol.
Weak will. Weak, suspicious and indecisive are more susceptible to alcohol abuse.
Lack of purpose. When a teenage girl doesn’t really know what she’s going to do after graduation, and in fact “goes with the flow”, there is a high probability that alcohol will occupy a significant place in life.
Loneliness, unhappy personal life. Unsuccessful love, life with the unloved, the loss of loved ones often cause drinking.
The mechanism of development and the stage of female alcoholism
Girls, as a rule, get acquainted with alcohol in the company of their peers. The first minimal doses of low alcohol cause live communication. Then, experiments with different wines begin: dry and fortified, then strong alcoholic drinks - vodka and cognacs - are used.
There is an addiction, and the doses are increasing. So painful addiction is born when life without alcohol is unthinkable. A woman degrades as a person, imperceptibly to herself becoming an alcoholic.
Stages of alcoholism in women, as in men, there are three:
- Stage 1. Alcohol is used occasionally, the doses do not increase, there is no desire to sober up. Specialized assistance is not needed yet, and if the woman has already felt internal discomfort, she can stop herself in time.
Stage 2. This is chronic alcoholism. Alcohol is used several times a week, the doses become larger, memory lapses begin. Hangover syndrome appears. Often the behavior becomes asocial in nature, work absenteeism occurs. There are irritations and bouts of incomprehensible anxiety, they disappear with a feverish reception. External signs of alcoholism of the person are manifested: the complexion deteriorates, the skin becomes flabby, under the eyes swelling, untidiness in clothing. The help of a narcologist is already needed here, but a woman often refuses her in the false hope that she will cope.
Signs of female alcoholism
Signs of alcoholism in women for a long time may be invisible, as they are carefully hidden. Only when the disease progresses, it is already strikingly striking and acquiring a pronounced form.
Symptoms of alcoholism in women are:
- Frequent drinking. When they drink about and for no reason. Any date becomes a formal sign of drinking.
Lack of "brakes". Alcohol is a pleasure, and the idea that it is time to stop is completely absent.
The use of large doses. Drinks on a par with men and does not get drunk.
Memory losses. They develop gradually, this is already a sign of a serious disease. Pretty drunk can "disconnect" anywhere, even on the street.
Varieties of female alcoholism
Alcoholism in women can develop regardless of what drinks she uses: low alcohol (rum, coke and the like), medium strength (dry wines, various tinctures) or very strong (vodka, brandy).
There is a "beer" alcoholism, it is more difficult to treat, because in the conventional wisdom, beer is not perceived as an alcoholic beverage. If a woman "specializes" in strong alcohol, addiction occurs much faster.
May be chronic when drinking alcohol several times a week or daily. Or maybe drunken, when sober periods are replaced, say, under the influence of a stressful situation, with daily drinking, which can last several weeks. This is the most difficult and dangerous type of alcoholism for women's health.
Independent steps women
Drinkers, as a rule, consult a doctor only when they have finished drinking “up to the handle”. For example, you need to withdraw from the binge. The narcologist can advise outpatient treatment when you can go home for the night after the procedures.
If the state of health is a concern, for example, delirium (delirium tremens) may develop, you will have to go to the hospital, where after a thorough examination they will prescribe a course of medical treatment. It includes detoxification therapy (cleansing the body of toxins - withdrawal from hard drinking), treatment of the affected internal organs and special anti-alcohol drugs.
- Read about Alconex from alcohol addiction
Medications for the treatment of female alcoholism
For the treatment of female alcoholism, there is a whole range of drugs prescribed depending on the general state of health and in the absence of an allergy to one or another drug. They are applied orally (tablets and drops) or in the form of injections.
All of them can be divided into three groups:
- Drugs for relieving hangover. These are Medihronal, Alka-Seltzer, Koprinol, others. Well-known aspirin, Paracetamol, Glycine, Limontar, multivitamins help well. Popular solution of the Spanish drug Colme. They all cleanse the blood of alcohol and quickly remove it from the body. However, do not reduce the craving for alcohol. This is only the first stage to recovery.
Drugs to reduce craving for alcohol. Disulfiram and drugs based on it: Abstinol, Teturam, Esperal, Tetlong-250, Lidevin and others. If after taking them to drink, comes a pronounced reaction in the form of tachycardia, facial flushing, nausea, vomiting. A serious drawback is the negative side effects, but if the disease has gone far, only with their help there is hope for recovery. Antidepressant Tsipramil, besides the fact that relieves craving for alcohol, has a calming effect on the body.
Psychological treatment of female alcoholism
The psychotherapist conducts psychological correction of the behavior of a patient with alcoholism, develops and fixes in her mind the attitudes to a sober lifestyle. Such work occurs in parallel with medical treatment.
Psychological treatments for female alcoholism are varied and can be based on the principles of, say, hypnosis, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), or gestalt therapy. The latter is popular with women because of its principled positions, close to them in spirit.
Help relatives and friends
There is no miracle cure for alcoholism. This should be well understood by close drinkers. It is necessary not to finish it morally, but to make every effort so that she would seek help from a narcologist.
There is a rather nontrivial method of dealing with alcohol addiction that came to us from the USA. These are the Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) groups. В настоящее время они объединяют миллионы людей во всем мире, которые годами уже не пьют и живут трезвой счастливой жизнью.
Работают в таких группах по программе «12 шагов». Здесь главное условие — человек должен осознать, что он алкоголик. This is only the first step to recovery. And this path is not easy, only prayer and meditation in an environment such as himself will lead to peace of mind and will provide serious psychological support in the struggle with their illness.
In order to more effectively support their loved ones, the mothers and wives of alcohol addicts united in the “AlAnon” groups. For tea in a relaxed atmosphere, they share their difficult experience, when you are not alone in your grief, there is someone to tell about it, it gives confidence in your own strength that everything will be fine.
The second alternative treatment for alcoholism is Orthodox prayer. In many churches, near the icon of the Mother of God, The Inexhaustible Chalice, a special akathist is read so that the Mother of God helps the suffering sufferers of drunkenness to get rid of it. And if trouble came to the family, you need to attend such services in order to pray with all your heart for the recovery of your loved ones.
How to deal with alcoholism in women - see the video: