Turkey eggs weigh about 80 grams, they have a creamy-white shell. They are tastier than chicken, but they are quite rare. These beautiful birds are mainly raised on farms. They are usually kept for meat. There is a wealth of information on how a turkey egg is helpful. Product photo is presented below.
Turkey eggs are almost impossible to find in stores. They are available on specialized farms. During the season, the turkey carries eggs in an amount of not more than 25 pieces. This explains their high cost and inaccessibility.
Use and distribution around the world
The turkey is originally from America. Popular this bird made geographical discoveries of Columbus. Spain became the first European country where they began to organize turkey breeding farms.
Turkey eggs are used in the preparation of various dishes (baking, salads, omelettes). The cooking time for eggs is no more than 10 minutes.
Where to find and how to store
You can buy eggs on farms from the breeder, because turkeys are usually grown for meat. Rush turkeys seasonally.
In Russia, there are agrofirms producing turkey hatching eggs. When creating such complexes, modern technologies are used with full automation of processes. Incubation of turkey eggs is carried out in compliance with sanitary and epidemiological standards and veterinary requirements. Cooperation with hatcheries and customers who buy eggs, allows you to control the quality.
The shell has a rather loose structure, as a result of which it is susceptible to the penetration of various odors. At home, eggs should be stored in the refrigerator insulated from products that have a pungent smell (herring, spices, onions, citrus fruits). You can treat them with a solution consisting of sunflower oil, linseed oil and paraffin. Eggs can also be placed in a solution with salt. If uncooked yolks remain after cooking, they can be stored in a refrigerator in a bowl of cold water.
Features of turkey eggs
The energy value of one fresh raw turkey egg is 170 calories. Nutritional value consists of water, ash, cholesterol, proteins, carbohydrates. The complex of vitamins contains groups A and B, PP. Turkey eggs consist of macro- and microelements: iron, manganese, zinc, copper, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium.
It is believed that turkey egg tastes better than chicken. However, the fact that it is more useful, you need to understand. Turkey eggs contain much more cholesterol than chicken eggs. They are in third place on this indicator. Turkey eggs are widely used to prepare a variety of dishes. And they are no different from food cooked in chicken eggs.
Turkey have a lot of nutrients, essential for the younger body, or rather children. Experts proved that the product does not cause allergies, because it can be safely given to kids. But it must be remembered that, despite the very useful properties, eggs for food should be consumed in moderation. Should adhere to a proper and balanced diet, do not overeat. Eggs obtained from turkey in early summer have more valuable properties than those laid in the spring, because they contain a lot of protein in the composition. Constant use of this product normalizes metabolism.
Moreover, due to the high content of vitamins, eggs support a healthy immune system. They are recommended for eating in people who have a violation of the digestive tract. Positively affect the state of the central nervous system. Patients with a diagnosis of gastritis with high acidity, the use of eggs will bring exceptional benefits. Raw eggs normalize the acid content. They have excellent enveloping properties and have an alkaline environment.
The product has received wide application in cosmetology. With its use prepare different masks for skin or hair. Eggs are very useful for healthy people.
Harm and contraindications
Along with the beneficial properties of the egg turkey should be used with caution in the diet, if available:
- liver or kidney problems
- individual intolerance of incoming components - yolk or protein,
- the presence of excess weight, the use of diets for weight loss,
- increased cholesterol levels.
Turkey eggs are possible sources of salmonella. The product must be purchased from proven birds, it must have a whole shell.
The use of turkey eggs
They are used in cooking in the preparation of omelets and desserts, they are chopped into salads, added to the dough. If you break the shells and pour the contents into boiling water, you get poached eggs. They can also be fried. From proteins prepare soufflé. Eggs that are not thermally treated should not be used, as this can harm the stomach, due to their poor absorption and intestinal blockage by decomposition products.
In cosmetology, turkey eggs are used to create moisturizing and nourishing masks for hair, face and body, they successfully replace conventional eggs.
As a rule, eggs are used for breeding. For incubation, only healthy eggs are suitable, with a smooth shell, yolk in the center. It is possible to evaluate the quality data with the help of a scanning through the ovoscope.
How to cook turkey eggs
Turkey eggs are used in cooking as well as chicken. They go to making omelets, salads, dough and desserts. On the Internet there are various recipes. Turkey's egg, of course, is both fried and boiled. How to cook regular scrambled eggs from this product? Everything is very simple.
For the preparation will need turkey eggs, onions, salted lard, tomatoes, salt, black pepper. Fat is cleared of excess salt and cut into slices. Wash the tomato, remove the stalk, cut into slices. Peel and chop the onion.
In a bowl, smash turkey eggs, add salt to taste. Stir the eggs with salt with a fork. In a skillet, fry the slices of bacon so that it releases fat, but the slices should remain soft. Then add the onion and fry it until soft. Then put the slices of tomato in the pan. All the contents of the pan are heated for one minute over high heat, stirring occasionally. Pour over lard, onion and tomato pieces with egg mixture. After that, close the pan with a lid, cook scrambled eggs on medium heat. The finished dish will have a dense surface, slightly springing up during pressing.
At the end remove the pan with cooked scrambled eggs from the stove. The dish is ready. Sprinkle the scrambled eggs with black pepper and serve hot after cooking, either as a separate dish or as a side dish.
Rules for choosing a quality delicacy
You can’t call turkey eggs cheap, and getting such a product can be very difficult, so you should worry in advance about the criteria for choosing a quality delicacy, so that you don’t regret the money spent:
- carefully inspect the eggshell at the testicles. They must be clean, without traces of dirt, droppings, adhering feathers, etc. All of them must be whole, without dents, puncture marks or signs of damage,
smell the smell. If you do not feel anything, then this is a good sign.
There should be no unpleasant smell from the delicacy (as well as the smell of other products, since the loose structure of the shell absorbs all possible smells, so that you should keep the delicacies in the refrigerator separately),
shake the testicle. When shaking, the yolk should not tumble in the egg,
enjoy freshness before cooking. This criterion, of course, must be evaluated already with the purchased product. Before you eat it or cook something from it, dip it in water.
A fresh delicacy will almost immediately sink, but a rotten or old one will either float to the surface or freeze somewhere in the middle of the container.
remember, that store delicacy in the refrigerator should be separated from other strongly smelling foods (for example, meat, fish, spices, citrus, cheeses, etc.). Because of its porous structure, the shell is able to absorb odors.
Turkey eggs also have dietary gradation that affects shelf life. For example, diet delicacy can be stored only for 10 days, table - not more than a month.
Washed products can be eaten only for 12 days. Storage temperature in the refrigerator should not exceed 6-7 degrees, humidity - 70%.
In a private farm, each spring and autumn, one laying lays from fifty to hundreds of large (up to 75–90 g) eggs with a beautiful spotted, porous, but strong, dark-cream-colored shell.
From the greater part of them they raise offspring, since turkeys are usually raised for meat. Therefore, it is usually the sale of eggs only from the autumn laying (it is problematic to raise chicks in winter).
In ordinary markets, such products rarely come across. You can buy it only on the farm or in a specialized farm shop.
Industrial methods did not particularly increase the number of eggs laid by turkey, despite the year-round production.
This explains the high cost.
A bit of history
Thanks to Christopher Columbus, who discovered these birds during his expeditions to the New World, eggs of domesticated descendants of wild turkey came to Europe from America. They themselves called the hens "Spanish hens", as they were brought by seafarers to Spain in 1519. Nowadays, it’s more common to call these birds “domestic turkeys”.
Composition and calorie
Turkey egg is a high-calorie product. One piece contains 171 kcal, of which:
- 55 kcal falls on proteins (13.68 g),
- 107 kcal - fats (11.88 g),
- 5 kcal - carbohydrates (1.15 g).
Also present are: 3.632 g of unsaturated fatty acids, 72.5 g of water, 0.79 g of ash, and 933 mg of cholesterol.
It is noteworthy that the composition is seriously affected by the production season. For example, eggs laid at the beginning of summer are more balanced because fresh green grass is used as food for birds.
In addition to vitamins A, B2, B6, D and E, and purine, turkey eggs contain:
- Cobalt is needed for blood formation and synthesis of enzymes, a positive effect on the liver and nervous system.
- Iodine promotes growth and improves metabolism.
- Sodium chloride is required for acid-base balance.
- Copper accelerates protein metabolism and the growth of bone structures.
- Calcium is important for strengthening bones.
- Zinc is good for men's health.
- Manganese stabilizes the function of the sex glands, is involved in the formation of blood cells.
- Potassium prevents the development of neuralgia.
- Iron provides an exchange of oxygen in the body, it is necessary for the prevention of anemia.
- Magnesium eliminates insomnia and fatigue, relieves migraines, is important for the intestines, vascular and biliary system.
- Phosphorus is responsible for the strength of bones, helps normal kidney function.
- Selenium promotes the formation of thyroid hormones, regulates metabolism, supports the immune system.
The benefits of home turkey eggs are indisputable, and even the presence of large amounts of cholesterol does not detract from it.
Formed from egg cholesterol compounds are high molecular weight, do not provoke the appearance of vascular plaques and are harmless for those who want to lose weight.
Studies have shown that poultry eggs when taken by 1-2 pieces per day - an excellent prophylactic agent for atherosclerosis.
As an example, a 112-year old survivor from the United States, who ate 6 pieces a day as scrambled eggs, is a good example.
Is it possible to eat raw
Scientists do not recommend eating turkey eggs in raw form due to the low protein digestibility.
Why eat raw eggs at all? Intact heat treatment of protein and yolk have enveloping properties and, due to the alkali content, neutralize the increased acidity in the digestive tract, reducing pain during gastritis.
Properties of cooked eggs
Opinions differ on dietary properties. Some believe: turkey eggs should be in the diet losing weight. Others indicate a high saturation of fats and a small amount of carbohydrates, which does not allow to call the product a dream of a nutritionist.
Other, not controversial quality turkey eggs:
- Do not cause allergies, therefore available for pregnant women and babies.
- For children under one year, due to its high calcium content, the product is a preventative measure against rickets and osteoporosis. Contributes to the growth of the child. To please the baby with such testicles can be several times a month.
- Among poultry eggs, they occupy the third place in nutritional value (they are second only to quail and cesarine), therefore it is easy to satisfy even a strong hunger with them.
- Athletes will be important to know that the product contains a lot of protein, which allows you to quickly build muscle.
- Useful for people with diseases of the digestive tract - normalizes the work of the intestines, digestion, fight against inflammatory processes.
- With regular admission, normalize metabolism.
- Beneficial effect on the nervous system, the brain. At the same time, memory improves, insomnia goes away, mental activity increases.
- Strengthen immunity.
- Provides healthy hair, nails and teeth.
Similarities and differences with chicken eggs
To taste turkey eggs are similar to the usual, chicken. They do not have a specific taste or smell. True, some gourmets note a subtle difference in taste.
In appearance, the differences are noticeable:
- larger size
- speckled loose but durable shells.
Do I need to wash before cooking
Concerning the washing of eggs, the opinion is twofold. Consumers are most concerned about the risk of becoming infected with salmonella.
Initially, the source of the disease is the hen. From her pathogenic bacteria fall on the shell. But through the damaged containment they are able to penetrate inside. Then only heat treatment will save.
So wash or not wash? Wash! Warm water and soap with a brush.
How to choose
The best option - eggs from the spring or summer laying. They are distinguished by the most balanced composition.
It is wonderful if you can buy the product in farms or agrofirms, where they are professionally engaged in breeding turkeys.
When buying, be sure to check whether the shell is intact.
In the fridge, turkey eggs are stored for only 20-25 days from the moment they were laid.
Do not place it on the shelves next to strongly smelling products: loose shells easily absorb foreign odors.
To reduce the negative effects of odors on the taste of eggs, process the shell with a mixture of sunflower and linseed oils and paraffin.
Or put in a saline solution (1 tablespoon. Salt per 1 liter of water).
Unused yolks fill with cold water. So they "hold out" a few more days.
Turkey eggs were part of the diet of Indian tribes in South America in pre-Columbian times. Perhaps it was this product that contributed to the rise of the Inca Empire. What do you think?
Use of turkey eggs and spread around the world
Turkeys come from America. These birds became world-famous due to the geographical discoveries of Columbus. It was he who brought them to Europe. Spain became the first European country where they began to organize turkey farms. That is why this bird is often called "Spanish chickens".
Turkey eggs are used to prepare a variety of dishes, including baking, salads, desserts, omelets, etc. Cooking time for boiled eggs is 8-10 minutes.
Turkey Eggs: Good and Harm
According to the external characteristics of turkey eggs resemble chicken. However, they are rarely seen on the table of the average family due to the high cost and lack of shopping. Nevertheless, many are interested in the benefits and harm of turkey eggs, because the scarce delicacy attracts a lot of attention.
What do turkey eggs look like
Turkey eggs are slightly larger than chickens and weigh on average 70–75 grams, the size varies with the age of the bird: they are smaller in young layers. The shell has a white color with a cream tinge and many small dark spots, and the older the individual, the brighter the egg color. The surface of the shell is porous, but rather dense.
It is extremely rare to find a product in simple supermarkets, mostly they are sold in specialized farm stores. This is due to the high demand for turkey meat. Usually, only eggs that were obtained in the process of autumnal laying are usually sold, since it is rather difficult to raise chicks in winter. During the season, the bird gives 15–20 pieces, industrial methods do not greatly increase the scale of production of this product, with which its high cost is associated.
Is it possible to eat turkey eggs
Can I eat turkey eggs for food? Due to the ideal ratio of nutrients, not only can they be consumed, but also recommended for inclusion in the diet for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
There are many different ways to prepare this product:
- it is boiled
- add to various salads.
According to some indicators of health, for example, with high acidity or gastritis, it is advised to eat raw turkey eggs. В остальных случаях специалисты рекомендуют употреблять их в пищу только после термообработки, так как в сыром виде они плохо усваиваются организмом и может нанести непоправимый вред.
Therefore, it is necessary to check for cracks and other defects on the surface of the eggs, as well as to wash them thoroughly before use.
Why are turkey eggs useful?
The composition, balanced and rich in useful properties, makes turkey eggs an excellent product for enhancing immunity, strengthening nails, hair, and normalizing metabolism. In addition, they are suitable for people with allergies who can eat them without harm to their condition.
Benefits for the body:
- With regular use of turkey eggs, there is an improvement in memory, relief from insomnia, fatigue, and headaches caused by disturbances in the functioning of the nervous system and brain.
- In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract recommend a diet that includes this useful product, despite the high content of cholesterol.
- Due to the high protein content, as well as trace elements that contribute to its effective absorption, turkey egg is used by athletes to build muscle.
- It has a preventive effect against atherosclerosis, which is a definite benefit for the elderly.
Are turkey eggs good for pregnant and lactating women?
During pregnancy, the female body requires much more iron, because it tends to produce blood in double size. That is why the expectant mother is important to include in the diet foods rich in iron. Such is the turkey egg, moreover, it contains folic acid, which benefits not only pregnant women, but also women planning pregnancy.
The high content of B vitamins, which also have a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system, makes the product very useful during pregnancy and breastfeeding due to the property not to cause allergic reactions.
Can children turkey eggs
Due to the fact that turkey eggs are hypoallergenic, they can easily be included in the children's menu. However, we must not forget that they will bring children not raw food, but harm, therefore they are completely prohibited.
It is worth noting that individual contraindications are possible, so you should consult with a pediatrician in order not to cause harm to the baby.
How to cook turkey eggs
The use of turkey eggs in cooking is no different from the same chicken, but the former contain much more useful properties. How much to cook turkey eggs depends on their size, on average it takes 10 minutes. There are a huge number of recipes for a gourmet product - it all depends on taste preferences.
In addition to the usual methods of cooking and frying, they can be baked right in the shell due to its strength. Also, some nations cook national dishes using delicacy. For example, in Portugal they love noodles, the dough for which is made with its addition.
Application in cosmetology
Egg is a useful product for home cosmetology. It can be used to make face, hair and whole body masks, the properties of which are suitable for any skin type depending on additional components.
- A mask for skin prone to dryness can be obtained by mixing the yolks with cream.
- The mask for oily skin is made from protein and clay.
- The effect of rejuvenation will give a mask of yolk with the addition of olive oil.
- A mixture of yolk and honey tends to soften the skin, and this is an absolute benefit for women.
How to choose and store turkey eggs
When choosing, it is necessary to pay attention to the state of the shell and refuse to buy if there are cracks and other defects that can harm the quality of the protein and yolk.
On average, the product is stored for up to 25 days in the refrigerator. Because of the loose surface, it tends to absorb various odors, to avoid this it should be stored separately from other products, and it can also be put in saline solution or smeared with vegetable oil without fragrances.
Harm of turkey eggs and contraindications to the use
Product may cause harm:
- with problems with the absorption of protein by the body,
- in diseases of the kidneys and liver,
- with an individual predisposition to allergies to components,
- with elevated cholesterol.
In addition, it is recommended to refrain from eating raw, if there are no medical recommendations for this.
What does a turkey egg look like?
In their consumer qualities, chicken and turkey eggs are very similar. On average, the weight of this product is 70-75 g. As for the shell, it is rather dense and painted white with a cream shade.
The distinctive features include the presence of bright spots. The color and size of the egg depends on the age of the bird. The shell has a loose structure, so various odors can penetrate through it.
The store does not sell turkey eggs, so you can find them on special farms or from people who breed such birds. This is due to the fact that turkeys are more grown for the sake of meat. In season, the bird gives 10-25 eggs.
If you could get such eggs, then you need to properly store them. First of all, avoid proximity to products that have a pungent smell, such as onions, spices, citrus, etc. To protect the testicles from the penetration of odors, you can treat them with a solution for which sunflower oil and paraffin are mixed.
Are turkey eggs good for you?
The composition of this food product includes various vitamins, micro and macro elements, as well as other compounds. All this causes a number of positive properties of this product.
Use of turkey testicles:
- It contains less cholesterol than in chicken eggs, which is important for proper functioning of the cardiovascular system,
- Numerous vitamins and minerals are useful for a growing body, and since this product does not cause allergies, even small children can be treated to them.
- With regular consumption, you can normalize the metabolism
- Numerous vitamins are important for maintaining immunity,
- It is recommended to use the product to people who have problems in the digestive system,
- It is worth noting a positive impact on the work of the nervous system, and all thanks to the presence of B vitamins. If you regularly eat them, you can cope with insomnia and fatigue,
- This product is useful to people who have found gastritis with high acidity. The fact is that the raw product helps to normalize the acid content in the stomach, and it also has an enveloping effect,
- The composition includes calcium and phosphorus - these substances are important for the restoration and strengthening of bone tissue. These minerals also improve the condition of hair, nails and teeth,
- This product is used in cosmetology for various procedures, for example, it is included in face and hair masks.
Harm eggs can bring if a person is found to have an individual intolerance to the product. It is not recommended to use them in case of problems with the breakdown of proteins. It is worth noting that the raw product is poorly digested, and it can "Clog" stomach slags.
What to do with turkey eggs?
In principle, the eggs of this bird can be used instead of chicken, just considering their size. They can be baked in the oven, fry, boil.
Add eggs to salads, make souffles, eggnog and other desserts.
They are good in pickled and salted. You can put such eggs in the dough, which will make baking more lush. You can cook a variety of sauces, which are homogeneous and tasty.
In national dishes of many countries use turkey eggs. For example, in Portugal, they cook noodles, which are then served with poultry meat. In Spain, they love the foamy dessert, which is made from protein with the addition of cinnamon and dried fruit. Norwegians prefer pudding, which turns out to be elastic and porous, and all thanks to the turkey eggs. Consider a few dishes that you can cook in your kitchen.
Fried eggs with bacon and tomatoes
Very tasty and nutritious breakfast, which will appeal to many. If desired, you can change the composition of vegetables, adding, for example, peas. Everything is prepared very quickly, literally 15 minutes. and everything is ready. Prepared ingredients will last for 3 servings.
For this dish you should take the following ingredients: 3 eggs, 75 g of bacon or bacon, 125 g of tomatoes, 55 g of onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare everything according to this scheme:
- If salted lard is used, first remove excess salt from it, and then cut into thick pieces. Wash tomatoes and cut into slices, and peeled onions - half rings,
- In a bowl, break the whites with yolks and add salt. Using a fork or whisk, whisk them,
- In a hot skillet, fry fat first, so that fat is released from it. It is important not to overdo the pieces, as they will become tough as coals,
- Then add the onion and fry it until transparent. The next step is to put the tomatoes. Over high heat, fry everything for a minute, stirring
- It remains to fill all the egg mass. Immediately after that, cover the pan with a lid and continue cooking over medium heat. About readiness will indicate a dense surface, which should spring up. The dish is ready, you can eat, but only pre-sprinkle it with pepper.
Baked hard cheese eggs
Another option is a delicious dish that can be served at any meal.
Prepare this set of products: 6 eggs, 25 g of shallots, 30 g of butter, 60 g of walnuts, 120 g of sour cream, 150 g of cheese, 3 tbsp. spoons of olive oil, 30 strips of bacon, 6 cloves of garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
Let's cook like this:
- Boil turkey eggs in salted water for 10 minutes. After that, cut them into halves and put in the form. Fry chopped onion with garlic in hot oil,
- Mix sour cream with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir and place in a frying pan. Chop grated cheese,
- Put the diced bacon, cheese into the form, and then pour the sauce. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees. Serve with chopped greens and nuts.
Now you know what turkey eggs are. If you managed to get them, then be sure to prepare some kind of dish to make sure of their taste and benefits. Do not forget about contraindications.
What are these eggs?
Turkey eggs are not considered the most popular, but nutritionists say that they are even more useful than the usual chicken, because they contain more nutrients.
What do such eggs look like? The weight of one is about 70 or 75 grams (a chicken egg weighs about the same or slightly less, so the size is about the same). The shade is creamy or beige, the entire surface of the shell is covered with dark speckles, which makes it appear motley or pockmarked. Appearance and size depend on the age of the turkey that laid the egg: the older it is, the larger and darker it will be. In young birds, eggs are usually small and light.
Turkey eggs contain a lot of nutrients, such as protein, vitamins of the PP, A, E, D and B group, selenium, zinc, copper, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, sodium, manganese, magnesium and many others. Calorie is about 170 calories per 100 grams.
Useful properties of such a product:
- With regular but moderate consumption of turkey eggs, you can normalize the metabolism.
- This product has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system and helps to avoid the effects of stress.
- It is an excellent source of highly digestible protein, which not only strengthens muscle tissue, but is also used as a building block for the formation of new healthy cells.
- These eggs can be used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as they do not irritate the mucous membranes and do not increase the secretion of digestive juice.
- Phosphorus, which is contained in such a product, is very useful for the brain and helps to improve its activity.
- Turkey eggs are also good for immunity, so they should be consumed during the cold season.
- Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that neutralizes the dangerous activity of free radicals and thereby minimizes the risks of developing cancer and slows down the premature aging of tissues.
- Turkey eggs are very good for the bones, because they contain fortifying their calcium and vitamin D that promotes its proper absorption.
- Zinc, which is part of the product in question, is also very important. This element, firstly, has anti-inflammatory properties, secondly, it has a beneficial effect on men's health and increases sperm motility.
Can it harm?
It is worth remembering that turkey eggs contain cholesterol, and its content is higher than in chicken eggs. And although many nutritionists consider it “good”, that is, useful and necessary for the body, it is still necessary to use the product in moderation and infrequently: two eggs twice a week. Another possible threat is an allergy, but turkey eggs are not the most allergenic (like turkey meat), unlike the more common chicken eggs.
Where to buy?
It is extremely difficult to find turkey eggs in regular stores and in the markets, as this bird is raised and raised mainly for meat. But if you go to a specialized chicken farm, then there you will certainly be able to offer such a product. It is worth remembering that turkeys do not rush all year, but in certain periods, namely at the end of winter and early spring (February and March), in the first half of summer (June and July), and also at the end of August. Therefore, go for the eggs should be at this time, then they will be fresh.
Tip: It is best to buy turkey eggs in summer, at this time turkeys eat natural fresh grass, which contains many nutrients.
How to store?
Turkey eggs, like chicken eggs, are stored in the refrigerator for about one to three weeks. But it is worth remembering that the shell, although quite dense and strong, has a porous structure through which various odors can penetrate, as well as bacteria.
And therefore, first, after buying, wash the eggs. Secondly, place them separately from other products, especially “odorous”, such as onions, herring, garlic, citrus fruits, meat dishes, and so on. For example, you can put the eggs in a plastic bag or vacuum packaging. Also try storing them in saline (a couple of tablespoons in a glass of water) or smearing with a mixture of any natural vegetable oil and paraffin.
How to use?
Turkey eggs are widely used in cooking, but not all countries, and some consider them exotic or even inedible. And what to cook from such a product? These eggs, like chicken, it is possible to cook and fry. In addition, these eggs make excellent omelets, all kinds of fried eggs. You can also add them to any dishes, including pastries, salads, desserts, and so on.
Raw turkey eggs can also be used for cosmetic purposes: they can be part of various home grooming masks for hair or skin.
Tip: turkey eggs can be eaten raw, but only if you are confident in their quality, since pathogenic microorganisms can multiply in them.
If you have never eaten turkey eggs, then do not be afraid. Be sure to buy them and try, they are no worse than the usual chicken.