For two years there was no such adventure, but it happened. However, after five days (when I write these lines), I almost completely recovered, being four times ahead of the usual schedule. Below I will tell you how to achieve this result.
For me, this is not the first case of lumbago (backache), with the only difference being that in the past it took at least two weeks to recover, and an average of 20-30 days. In principle, I solved all problems with my back a couple of years ago and wrote a great article on this topic:
I recommend to read and take seriously what is written. I checked it on my own experience, both in the past and now. A number of tricks from the article helped me cut rehab at times. But one thing is to restore the lower back, if you just ache, ache when walking for a long time or sitting in an uncomfortable chair, and quite another when you cannot fully unbend or lie down on your back because of cruel "lumbago".
Naturally, not everyone will be as effectively helped by the actions described below, and the causes of injury may be different, the state of the spine and the muscular system, too. But if the muscles are more or less in good shape, you did not neglect the workout of the press and the extensors of the back, and after your injury you reached your home on two of them (albeit in a slightly bent state), then the method will be quite working and just as quickly lift you up like me
How I managed to get hurt and a bit of theory
There have been many similar traumas and adventures in the past 15–20 years in personal practice, so they do not frighten them very much, but they are not very pleasant either.
The reasons there are different, starting with the banal type "overdid in the gym with weight" or "grabbed what gravity and pulled her "hump""And ending with a very very funny type"bent down to tie the laces and could not straighten" or "sneezed while sitting / standing in an uncomfortable position».
The problems described in the gym overwhelmingly, due to improper exercise techniques. Therefore, I always recommend a responsible approach to training and not start with the fact that "more to throw further”, And study the technique of doing the exercises, working with minimal burdens. As a result, you will achieve more and faster than a crazed novice who wants "pump up for three months by any means". Moreover, if there is absolutely no experience, and you came to the gym (Respect and Respect for it!) - do not spare money for at least a dozen classes with an experienced trainer:
But let's get back closer to the topic of today's article. What is lumbago or "backache"? This is a pinching of the spinal nerve root in the lumbar spine. As I wrote above, it happens in different situations, but often the troubles are preceded by all sorts of bad disruptions in the operation of the vertebral-motor segments. It is in the lumbar region that they experience the greatest strain.
SymptomsI think many are familiar with - a sharp "shooting through" back pain, while the latter assumes a forced bent position. Sometimes pain gives to the buttocks and thighs, it is difficult to walk, stand and, in general, I want to lie down and find a position so that the loins do not ache and do not “shoot”.
Different situations and infringement can be associated with very serious violations in the spine, including displacement of the vertebrae, progression of spinal osteochondrosis, the presence of an intervertebral / vertebral hernia, disc hernia, etc.
Someone would say, they said, it was necessary to have less piece of iron, but, judging by the experience of specialists of the relevant profile, practically any office worker “for 30”, who didn’t lift anything heavier than a pointing finger or mouse, has more problems with the spine, than an athlete doing weight with years, whether it is a strongman, a weightlifter or a bodybuilder.
The reason is simple - a strong muscular corset around the spine holds it tightly and does not significantly degrade intervertebral discs. The latter are always in motion, namely, due to the movement, the cartilage tissue is fed, which draws in nutrients like a pump. No movement - no power. No muscle corset - no support for the spine. But there is increased pressure on the intervertebral discs, which because of this degrade more than the axial loads of weightlifters.
Add to this the bad posture and unbalanced nutrition (lack of protein is one of the causes of serious problems with the joints, ligaments and spine). But I will tell about it below.
And now, as for my particular situation
There were injuries when he could not bend because of lumbago, but he straightened without problems. There were reverse - this is just the current case. And it turned out strange.
In the past, I basically mowed down during the press with my legs (on the last reps I relaxed and lowered the slab too low, bending my back) or the deadlift (I could likewise relax on the last reps and pull a “hump”). Sometimes trite heavy dumbbells took or, on the contrary, lowered to the floor, bent at the back, and could also earn a “backache”. It happened that leaned over to the child - click! - and then you go two weeks "cancer".
But a couple of years ago I got rid of all these problems - control during exercises, toning and active training of the core muscles, morning exercises - all gave an excellent result. That's just the old woman is proruha.
In the last couple of months, I gently squat without a weightlifting belt, so that the press and other stabilizers muscles are loaded more, as a result, more energy is spent (which is good for “drying”), muscles train better. I reached a decent weight of 125 kg, with which I work in three sets of 12 repetitions. He warmed up well, crouched with an empty neck, with 50 kg, with 90 kg, then moved on to working approaches.
The first one, with 125 kg, performed 12 times quite easily - without a belt. The second one, too, without a belt, and 12 times were much harder, with a few interruptions per second or two since the eighth repetition. On the third approach I decided to wear a belt. Zatuzhil it to the maximum and, apparently, too much pushed up. Plus, and clearly relaxed lower back - such as a belt insures. In the end, returning the bar to the racks after 12 repetitions, I felt discomfort in the lower back. But did not pay attention, uncritically and without lumbago.
Then four approaches of extension of legs weighing from 80 to 109 kg. And after the fourth approach, when I tried to take a warm-up barbell (40 kg) for craving for the stomach, I felt unkindly — stupidly could not keep my body with this weight in the right position — aching back pain and a desire to squat.
After that, a couple of the top three approaches were pulled up, the same amount - squeezed out from the bars with his weight, carefully made hyperextension and went home with a body slightly bent forward. I could not fully straighten myself - the shooting started.
I suppose that, by tightening the belt tightly and sliding it up the waist, I could slightly move the vertebrae, and then, during the extension, accidentally jerked the body in the lower back and squeezed the nerve. Or it is banal too relaxed the extensors of the back and the press during the squat, relying on the belt, which is not used in the past two months. This is a good science for me for the future - not to relax even in the weightlifting belt!
In principle, I got off easily, as I reached the house myself. There was a case in the gym, when a person, having unsuccessfully lowered the unit, could not stand after that. The ambulance took away. He also had a simple clamping of the nerve caused by scoliosis and a sharp movement with a bend in the lower back when he lowered the block, but the doctors traditionally said: “No loads, do not lift anything heavier than 3 kg", - and so on. Nevertheless, this man returned to the gym a month later and successfully practiced, does not complain about his back, and he feels much better after resuming training.
My injury now turned out to be completely out of topic on the background of the drying program, so I have to recover quickly. That's what I did for that.
In an unsuccessful training session, he carefully made hyperextension without burdening, in order to catch blood in the lumbar region a little.
When I walked home, I performed as much as I could this gymnastics for stretching the spine (it is described in detail here):
«How could“- this is through pain, but neatly, so that without wild lumbago and unnecessary tension. Since I could bend normally, but shot in the lower back when I straightened, it was more or less possible to do only exercises with numbers 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 11. The rest - somehow and with backache, but at least something . Again, the idea is that the spine stretches a little and you see that less stress will be on the nerve, and even in the process it will be released.
I could not sleep on my back, only on my side. Although, immediately think of putting a pillow under your feet, it would be ok on your back. By the way, during such injuries, there are several provisions for sleeping and for relaxing the lumbar section:
I didn’t put anything under my side, but the pillow for me was exactly the same as on the image with the blue translucent peasant - of a special form and made of natural latex, brought from Thailand. Cool thing, I recommend. Although it will have to get used to it. But then there will be no problems with the cervical spine, when you get up in the morning and you can not turn the head because of an uncomfortable pillow and a bad body position in a dream.
Also before bed pulled elastic warming belt like this:
Sold in any pharmacy, and it is much more convenient than a scarf or a heating pad on his back. And dry heat is highly recommended for lumbago. I dragged this belt without removing it for two days. Plus put it on training on Monday and Wednesday.
From the drugs used in the evening a couple of pills Ibuprofen (only 400 mg) and a pill Paracetamol (500 mg) - and the pain was slightly relieved, and inflammation.
From sportpita began to take glucosamine-chondroitin complex (just four months have passed since the last appointment) and hydrolyzed collagen (always with vitamin C and preferably with flavonoids). This is not a panacea, not a medicine, but rather food for the connective tissue, including intervertebral discs. We'll talk about him in more detail below, but for now I will continue with the experience of rapid rehabilitation.
On the first night, any revolution from side to side was given with difficulty, slipping from the bed and crawling on it occurred with lumbago. In the morning, feeling better was better. Getting up, drinking a glass of water, amino acids and collagen (taken on an empty stomach half an hour before meals) did back exercises again. And again through pain and suffering, but carefully, without fanaticism.
He did not limit himself in his movements, although the doctors say, they say, it is necessary to rest for a few days. Saturday is a family day, so I walked with the children at the local entertainment complex, and on the whole I “walk up” more than 10 km on this day and nothing broke. In the evening, it was charging again, the state of health was even better than in the morning, although the back continued to “shoot” during an awkward backbeat and could only sleep on its side.
Sunday - likewise. Charging for the back in the morning and in the evening (I could do the 2, 8 and 9 exercises with grief in half, that is, the nerve was squeezing less and less, the distance between the vertebrae increased), plus 7.5 km of walking.
On Monday, charging again in the morning and evening, plus I went to the gym, despite the fact that there were still lumbago, and I walked, slightly bending forward. But the movement, as they say, is life. Thoroughly fill the muscles with blood in the lumbar region, and in general, to clean the lymph is worth a lot.
True, he carefully approached the choice of exercises and burdening:
- Instead of scheduled squats with a barbell on his shoulders, he did a platform press with one foot (it is better to control the lower back), and with a small weight (90 kg) and very slowly, in the mode of static dynamics (4–5 seconds for each repetition of 12).
- Legs also unbend a little weight (60 kg at the current working 109 kg) and also in statodynamics. By the way, the legs loaded no worse than when working with large weights.
- On the back: 4 approaches of tightening with wide grip without burdens, 4 approaches of lever thrust (the loins are not loaded at all, so I worked with almost my working weight of 80 kg).
- On pectoral chose bench press, but not classic, but throwing his legs on the bench. In this case, there is almost no load on the waist and deflection in it. By the way, this is how the chest is loaded in this exercise best of all, without connecting extra muscles.
- In the same way made the press narrow grip on triceps.
- Shoulder He shook with the help of a barbell to the chin (a grip slightly wider than the shoulders, a slight bend forward, more likely even to the chest than to the chin).
- On biceps the classic lifting of the barbell, but with a small total weight of 30 kg and in the statodynamic mode, so as not to burden the lower back, but at the same time make the biceps muscle work well.
- In the end he made hyperextension without burdens.
On Tuesday morning, I already felt like a cucumber, although skeptics would say that after such a workout I would not get up at all. Movement, a reasonable approach to the choice of exercises and stretching exercises on the spine work wonders!
On Wednesday, that is, yesterday, there was no lumbago anymore, and at training I allowed myself to even make dead draft with a noticeable weight (80 kg) and pull away from the bars with 25 kg on my belt (pumping the chest). In addition, there was a single-leg bench press in statodynamics, narrow grip pulling and block-to-chest thrust with a reverse grip, a bench press sitting with a minimal tilt of the bench (so that there was no serious axial load on the spine) hyperextension without burdens. In the evening gymnastics.
Today, in principle, I can say that I have completely figured out the lumbago. I will wait a week with squats and other serious axial load on the spine, but there is no discomfort in the lower back, lumbago, or leaning when walking. Five days instead of 20–30, as it was in the past.
Yes, you can say that I risked, they say, you need peace and all that and in three days everything will pass by itself with a slight pinch of the nerve. I tried it more than once. It is with this recommended traditional medicine treatment - when there is a minimum of movement and a maximum of rest, plus a lot of ointments, and even some fierce anti-inflammatory tablets - it took me three weeks or more to recover.
The method described above helps me not for the first time. I consider it to be the basis gymnastics for the spine. It would seem that the simplest thing, which takes 5 minutes from the force, but it is the one that gives the greatest effect. By the way, I do it on a permanent basis, only in the usual time only in the morning, without an evening session.
How to prolong the youth of the joints and spine
Now a bit of triviality, which ordinary people mostly ignore and continues to look for magic pills.
The joints and the spine are for the most part connective tissue (other than bone). When problems begin with it, pains and difficulties arise. Basically, connective tissue consists of collagen, i.e., fibrillar protein. Like other tissues, the connective feeds constantly and it requires a plastic material — the amino acids that make up fibrillar protein (30% glycine, 25% proline and hydroxyproline, 11% alanine, there is also creatine and other chains, but in a much smaller amount) .
With a normal, balanced diet and the receipt of a sufficient amount of high-quality protein from food (from 1 g per kg of body weight for women and from 1.5 g for men), it is enough to renew the connective tissue. If the diet is mainly sugar, trans fats, simple carbohydrates and other food debris - what kind of plastic material for ligaments and joints can we talk about?
That is, the basis is nutrition. Recommend jelly to eat. In fact, it is a collagen denatured to gelatin. As an option - food gelatin, but not in its pure form. It is worth making a kind of thick jelly (to be like “jelly bears”), which also includes vitamin C and flavonoids, which are necessary for digestion of the product and its decomposition in the body to the desired amino acids. Boris Tsatsulin has a working recipe:
But, again, this is not a treatment, but only nutrition, or, let's say, the saturation of the body with the necessary amino acids, if before there was a deficiency. To feel the effect, you have to eat such jelly for a month or two at the rate of 0.2 g of gelatin per 1 kg of body weight per day. That is, a 100 kilogram muzhik needs to consume 20 g of gelatin per day.
As for hydrolyzed collagen, this is a more expensive option. Even stronger processed and ready-to-eat product than gelatin. But the effect is the same. So if you are too lazy to bother with jelly, then you can buy hydrolyzed collagen, but do not forget to take it with vitamin C, flavonoids and several minerals.
Above is important, but only one component of the health of your spine and joints, including the knees, with which people have the most problems.
The second component is movement! Cartilage tissue does not feed at the expense of blood like muscles. В суставах за питание отвечает синовиальная жидкость, которая тоже постоянно обновляется, но лишь при наличии движения в суставе. В позвоночнике — губчатые межпозвоночные диски, втягивающие полезные вещества при сжатии и разжатии.
In addition, in the case of the spine, a powerful muscular corset is also needed around so that vertebrae lie not on some intervertebral discs. Muscles also have to keep it. In the case of the knees - strong and harmoniously developed hips are also a guarantee of the health of these joints. That is, swinging your legs, develop both the quadriceps of the thigh and the back surface.
And muscle, especially in the lower body, is a very important component of the cardiovascular system. People used to consider the heart as a separate organ that drives the blood inside our body. But it is only a motor and a valve that sets the movement of the blood and the initial impulse. It is the muscles that help push it all over the body inside the vicious circle. The less they work, the less movement, the greater the load on the heart, and then the problems with pressure, with vessels, with varicose veins. If you add smoking here (which kills blood vessels completely), a generally sad picture is obtained.
So, friends and dear readers, movement is life. Even if sometimes moving hurts, and often - lazy. Do not be lazy, otherwise life will pass by.
P. S. If there is at least some discomfort in the lower back and there is a potential possibility of lumbago during extension (that is, they have not fully recovered), you should not experience an orgasm while lying on your back. Better on the side. Although you can try it is a cool experience and the sensations will be remembered for a lifetime :).
(4.00 out of 5, rated: 2)
Training in acute pain
Of course, training in the acute phase of the disease should be canceled and consult a doctor for diagnosis, since this pain can cause both muscle hypertonus and intervertebral hernia. If you have a hernia that did not bother you before, but now you feel pain, then this indicates the beginning of the inflammatory process. Formed swelling, which squeezes the nerve endings in the surrounding tissues, causing pain. When the hernia begins to form, there is no pain, but the tone and functionality of the muscles are disturbed.
The first step is to consult a doctor about anti-inflammatory drugs and physiotherapy methods to stop the inflammatory process and relieve swelling. Massage and manual therapy do not relieve inflammation, but give only a short-term effect. No need to experiment - consult a doctor and start treatment.
When the pain goes away, return to physical exertion, but not to the previous program (calorizer). It is necessary to perform at least one month of exercise exercises to strengthen the muscular system and skeletal muscles. Only after that you can return to full training. About this, too, should ask the doctor to find out his testimony and contraindications. Most doctors do not want to take responsibility, so it is often advised to cancel physical activity. In this case, it is better to contact a doctor who is engaged in rehabilitation and can bring you up to date on training. Already with these appointments should come to the coach. If you find such a doctor out of luck, look for a coach with the qualifications of a rehabilitologist.
Workout with moderate back pain
If the hernia diagnosis is not confirmed, but you are worried about the pain of moderate intensity, look at the training program.
What should be excluded:
- The axial load on the spine (standing barbell / dumbbell press, squats and lunges with a barbell, tilts with a barbell, traction from the floor). All these exercises can be replaced. For example, use simulators for leg press, extension, flexion, leg information, and leg presses, and stand upright while sitting.
- Horizontal traction without fixation of the spine (traction horizontal block, traction rod in the slope, traction dumbbells in the slope). Instead, you can use the simulator for lever thrust or do one-handed dumbbell traction lying on the bench at an angle of 30 degrees. When you rest your abdomen and chest in a simulator or bench when doing exercises for the widest muscles of your back, you take the load off the spinal column. Most exercises should be done lying or sitting.
- Hyperextensions, twisting on a press in a Roman chair, focusing on the bars and on the floor with a separation of the waist - all these exercises put the lumbar section under enormous strain, capable of causing or increasing pain.
- Stretching waist - violates stability. The lumbar region of the back should support the spine, and not stagger around the world. Violation of its stability exacerbates the condition. Stretching and yoga will have to pause.
- Visa on the horizontal bar - increases compression and pain. While hanging, contraction of deep back muscles occurs, not their relaxation.
- Jumping, running - create a shock load on the spine, it is better to replace them with a long low-intensity cardio.
With pain in the cervical region, caution should be exercised when doing the bench press and sitting, also abandon the horizontal bar, the bench press due to the head and thrust of the upper unit behind the head. The last two exercises are one of the most harmful and dangerous - they lead to a cumulative injury, they should not be in the program even in healthy people.
If you want to relax your back muscles after a workout, then a good option would be to lie in the fetal position, use a fitball or go to the pool. Swimming in the pool goes well with workouts in the gym.
All the above recommendations will be relevant for people returning to training after an exacerbation. We emphasize that each case should be discussed with the doctor.
Back pain prevention
To prevent aggravation, it is necessary to correctly build the training process. This will help you mastering the correct techniques of exercise, a balanced training program, strengthening the buttocks and the press.
- The correct exercise technique - always maintain a neutral position in the spine and a natural deflection in the lower back, never lift weights from the floor, rounding your back, make a squat, lifting the weight with your legs, not your back.
- A balanced program means that the volume of the load (exercises, approaches, repetitions) in it will be balanced along the planes. You can use a simple novice program, adjusting it for yourself, or contact your personal trainer.
- The gluteal muscles and rectus muscles of the abdomen help to maintain the correct body position. When they are weak, problems begin. The best exercises are squats with a dumbbell or with a weight (goblet squat), buttock bridge, bar, twisting without losing the waist.
Attention to oneself, adherence to technology in training and in everyday life, proper exercise and an active lifestyle are the best prevention of disorders of the musculoskeletal system (calorizator). Even if there are already problems, it is never too late to begin to train correctly, so as not to aggravate them.
Why physical exercise provokes lumbar pain
Exercise, yoga, pilates can be the causes of pain. If a person lifted weight, performed an asana with a deflection during yoga, did squats and immediately felt a pain in the lumbar region during a workout or after it, it was possible that an injury was received.
Our readers recommend
For the prevention and treatment of diseases of the joints, our regular reader applies the increasingly popular method of SECONDARY treatment recommended by leading German and Israeli orthopedists. After carefully reviewing it, we decided to offer it to your attention.
The discomfort after sports training is a sign that the muscles have worked, they have been energized. Without pain, there is no progress and muscle growth. Any athlete must distinguish back pain, which is the result of not traumatic exercises, but giving the desired load on the muscles, from the pain resulting from injury.
Sports activities are most often the cause of protrusion in the lumbar region of the intervertebral disc beyond the spinal column (protrusion), leading to pinching of the nerve roots and blood vessels. This can be felt immediately during the sport. In this case, you should immediately consult a doctor who will give a referral for MRI, CT and x-rays of the spine.
How to protect yourself
- Follow the exercise technique.
The problems with the lumbar spine are most often caused by improper performance of squats with free weights, execution of deadlift, attacks, presses. In order for the load to be properly distributed over the spine, it must maintain all its natural curves when performing exercises. This is called the neutral position of the spine. When performing squats with a barbell, deadlift, lifting a lot of weight you can not bend in the lower back, you need to strain the press.
- Strengthen the muscle corset.
A visit to the pool, training on simulators for pumping back muscles, working with a certain amplitude in a given plane will be beneficial, and the risk of injury will be minimized.
- Use the services of a professional.
Conduct several trainings with a trainer to master the correct technique of strength training.
When practicing fitness, the main principle is not to harm health by maintaining a beautiful body shape. But sometimes even the most familiar exercises contribute to the appearance of heaviness and back pain.
Without running, almost no training begins. If you move correctly, there will be no harm from running for your lower back. The best training options are 2-3 times a week. The big overload for the lumbar is 6 workouts running per week.
- Yoga and Pilates.
Yoga also under certain circumstances leads to problems with the lower back. When performing asanas with deflection, one should not be too zealous, especially with untrained and squeezed muscles. It is better to begin the development of yoga with lightweight versions of poses, without excessive sagging.
- Squatting with a barbell, all types of deadlifts (classic, sumo-style, thrust on straight legs).
During the execution of deadlift, weightlifting with movements within physiology, muscles work normally, but if you try to lift more than you need, then there is a risk of fiber breakage and the appearance of severe pain.
Low back pain: what to do
- What to limit
Exercises with increased axial load on the spine when the weight is pressed from above. That is, you should avoid squats with barbells, lunges with weights, barbell presses, as well as exercises with dumbbells standing, bending and turning the body. It is better to give up time for running, jumping, aerobics, as they give a tremendous load on the spine. If, after squatting, there is discomfort in the lower back, then it is worth reviewing the weight of the barbell, to see if pain will remain with less weight. You can use a special belt for strength training.
- What is allowed
At least ten minutes of exercise is necessary before exercise, so that the muscles warm up and acquire the necessary elasticity. It is best to do exercises with horizontal support, presses on the bench, exercises on fitball. The back should not break away from the support.
A visit to the pool is necessary for unloading the spine. But you should swim on your back or on your stomach, dropping your face in the water. Swimming freestyle on the back in the pool perfectly stretches the spine, which is especially important for pain in general, with damage to the intervertebral discs.
You can do a small amount of squats, but without weighting, leaning on a chair, twisting on the floor or fitball, without lifting the waist, hanging on the bar, presses, wiring dumbbells, lying on your back, on the bench. For the back, you can perform exercises on a horizontal bar or an inclined board, alternately lifting one or the other leg up. To do pulling asanas of yoga and pilates.
Sports activities for lumbar hernia
Often, heaviness when standing, running, or walking signals a hernia of the lumbar spine. In this case, you should be careful with exercise. If there are sharp pains after playing sports, then the reasons may be hiding in the problems with intervertebral discs. In this case, it is necessary to do CT and MRI, and then consult with a neuropathologist - an osteopath, who will select the optimal treatment complex.
For spinal hernia, osteopaths do not recommend hanging and pulling up on a horizontal bar. The spine is stretched, the weight moves to the lower back, so you can aggravate the clinical picture of the disease. After exercising on the horizontal bar, when a person jumps off of it, a hernia between the vertebrae can become pinched, leading to more serious problems.
Since it is forbidden to hang vertically on a horizontal bar with a lumbar hernia, it is better to do spinal stretching on a special horizontal bar in a horizontal position, in which the load is distributed evenly between all parts of the spine. Such a horizontal bar is in specialized centers for the treatment of the spine.
Help with pain
If you have a heavy lower back during exercise, you should reduce the load on your back, or stop exercising altogether until you find out the reason. Attach ice to the lower back or hot water bottle with cold water. This will prevent the spread of inflammation of neighboring muscles. If the loin is sore due to pinched nerves, then the pain will give up in the leg. In this case, a visit to the doctor is necessary, and the first help will be dry, warm and complete rest.
An MRI or CT scan should be performed, as sometimes the causes of discomfort lie in the hernia of the spine. MRI allows you to assess the condition of the muscles, and CT will show changes in the bone structure of the spine. It is with MRI that the diagnosis should begin, and then X-rays and CT scans should be made. The power of the MRI machine should be 1 Tesla and more.
The causes of pain are different. If they appeared during sports, it is better to contact a specialist in exercise therapy, who according to the results of tests, CT, MRI, ultrasound will select the best exercises to increase endurance and flexibility that will not bring harm.
So how not to rip the lower back?
- Since the lower back often suffers during strength exercises, then special attention should be paid to them, or rather, the correctness of their performance. Carefully monitor the position of all parts of the body, pay special attention to the back. Not for nothing in the description to many exercises indicates that the back should be straight. This very position allows preserving the integrity of the muscle tissues and protecting them as much as possible from tears and sprains.
- Choose the right weight. Damage to the lumbar muscles is most often the result of increased stress. And it is due to too much weight. So, to avoid injury, pick up the mass correctly. To determine exactly, it is best to seek help from a coach. He will assess your condition and determine what weight will be the most optimal.
- Do not choose too difficult exercises, especially if you are a beginner. These include those that involve the movement of the body with a large amplitude, that is, with a large deviation from the axis of the body. So if your muscles are not prepared, then start with the simplest.
- Try to provide support for the lower back during workouts. This means that the back should be leaning against a surface. That is, exercises with weights are best performed in the sitting position and resting the body on the back of the simulator. If there is no support, the risk of injury will increase.
- When lifting heavy projectiles, try to place the maximum load on your legs, not on your back. That is, if you need to take the barbell, then first sit down, grab the neck well with both hands, and then rise, straightening your legs. In this case, the back should remain straight.
- Do not make sudden movements! Muscles should be stretched gradually, only in this case it is possible to preserve their integrity and avoid damage. And if you force events and try to perform the exercise as quickly as possible, making jerks, this can lead to ruptures of the muscles of the waist, and this is extremely unpleasant and requires a long recovery.
- Remember how important warm-up is! It will help “warm up” the muscles of the back and prepare them for full loads. Blood will flow to the muscle tissues, they will become more elastic, therefore they will stretch well, and the risk of damage will significantly decrease. To prepare the lower back for training, you can tilt the hull back and forth, as well as in different directions. But still, be careful and do not make sudden movements. Keep warming up at least 5-10 minutes.
- No heightened loads! Even the most trained muscles can be damaged if they bear a huge load. So, firstly, do not overstrain, and secondly, increase the load gradually so that the muscle tissues can get used to and adapt.
- When performing complex exercises with weighting, you can use a special gymnastic waist belt. He will fix his back in the correct position and will not allow her to bend strongly. But to apply such a device is constantly impossible. The fact is that with constant support the muscles will not work properly, because of which they can begin to weaken and subsequently atrophy. А слабые и нетренированные мышцы травмируются гораздо чаще, нежели укреплённые.
- Если вы ощущаете сильное напряжение в спине, немедленно прекратите упражнение. Отдохните, помассируйте поясницу, чтобы обеспечить приток крови к мышцам. Затем попробуйте возобновить тренировку, но при условии сниженной нагрузки. Если дискомфорт не исчезнет, то лучше стараться спину не задействовать, иначе избежать её травмы не получится.
- Train your back. If the muscles are trained and strong, the risk of damage will significantly decrease. How to achieve this? Every class pay attention to your back, even if you decide to work on another part of the body. Perform at least one exercise in which the lower back muscles will be used. These can be corners or ups of the hull, bends and so on. And if you want to reduce the risk of breaking the back as much as possible, then perform one simple exercise every day. The duration of such a mini-workout can be 5 minutes, but this will be quite enough to strengthen.
- Watch out for speed. It should be comfortable. Do not strive to perform more repetitions and approaches for a certain period of time, because not quality and speed are important, but quality. So do not hurry anywhere. Do everything in the speed specified in the description of the exercise or recommended by the trainer. With the quick performance of the muscles get tired much faster, but at the same time they are worked out incompletely.
- Try to connect the abdominal muscles. Since they are also partly involved in the function of providing a certain muscle frame for the spine, if you use them, you can remove some of the load from the back muscles. Therefore, if you need to lift the load, try to strain the press. You'll see, the loins will strain much less.
Be careful and protect your lower back during class!
How not to rip your back while doing sports
The approaching spring has dramatically increased the number of visitors to sports and gyms: everyone wants to quickly lose weight and get the perfect figure. To achieve the desired goal, many are ready to lift weights and pump up muscles from morning to evening. But excessive zeal can bring opposite results. To physical education helped to strengthen the muscles and did not cause back pain, you must follow some rules.
• In order not to ruin your back and prevent lower back pain, you should warm up well before training. Proper warm-up makes the ligaments elastic, and the vertebrae flexible, which significantly reduces the risk of injury during power loads. Warm-up time - at least 10 minutes. It should contain exercises that promote light stretching of the whole body and warming up the muscles. At the end of classes should do stretching exercises that contribute to the cooling of the muscles.
• If you have not been involved in sports before, then start to increase the load gradually. Do not try to quickly achieve high results. Otherwise, you will not improve your health, but you will encounter a situation when your back hurts and will provoke the development of many problems that will require long-term treatment and money.
• To avoid unpleasant situations, you must learn to feel your body. In this case, you can stop in time and avoid injuries. To learn to feel the work of the musculoskeletal system, you must perform the exercises slowly, using first a little weight. Over time, the body will signal when it needs rest, and when it is possible to increase the load. Thanks to this approach, even extreme weight does not cause you back pain.
• Do not neglect to sleep. Lack of sleep will not allow you to gather and concentrate, to achieve good coordination, which can cause mistakes in the implementation of complex exercises and injuries.
• Important attention should be paid to proper nutrition, which is able to provide the body with all the necessary vitamins and minerals. With a lack of calcium, bones will become brittle, and muscles will lose strength. Therefore, even minor loads can cause injury and back pain. With magnesium deficiency, muscle spasms and cramps are possible.
• Equally important is water. It is necessary to drink at least 2-3 liters per day. But alcohol is better to exclude. It removes fluid from the body and causes a blockage of capillaries that bring nutrients to the cells of the body. As a result, coordination of movements worsens, which adversely affects sporting achievements.
• Those who have been injured before, or suffer from back problems, are recommended to use special corsets and belts that relieve the load on the back. In addition, there are a number of antiviral drugs that will help warm up the muscles before playing sports.
• Be aware that your back muscles are not designed to lift weights. Therefore, at the slightest overload, the back starts to hurt. The correct technique will help to prevent an unpleasant situation, allowing the spinal muscles to work together with the abdominal muscles. Lifting the weight, you need to load the muscles of the thighs, buttocks and calf muscles, and not the muscles of the back. In the opposite case, the muscles of the back will not be able to cope with the loads, because of which there will be pain in the lower back.
"ARTHRO-ACTIVE" in the treatment of sports injuries
In sports injuries, it is often recommended to use topical preparations in the form of ointments, gels, creams, etc. This avoids undesirable side effects and creates the necessary therapeutic concentration of the drug in the lesion. For example, for relieving pain and inflammation, ARTHRO-ACTIVE HEATING balm has proven itself well.
Clinical studies have shown that the use of ARTHRO-ACTIVE balm in professional athletes with various injuries of the musculoskeletal system helps to quickly get rid of discomfort and pain, relieve inflammation and swelling. Balsam "ARTRO-ACTIVE" has a warming effect, thereby activates blood circulation in the injured area and improves mobility and function of the affected joint. After a week of using the balm ARTHRO-ACTIVE, a noticeable improvement is observed.
Balsam "ARTRO-ACTIVE" can also be used as a warming agent before playing sports. To do this, apply a balm on the joints of the joints - knee, elbow. Thereby preventing the occurrence of injury in case of unsuccessfully performed exercises.
Often faced with the problem of pain in the back or joints?
- Do you have a sedentary lifestyle?
- You can not boast of royal posture and trying to hide his stoop under clothes?
- It seems to you that this will soon pass by itself, but the pain only intensifies.
- Many ways tried, but nothing helps.
- And now you are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that will give you a long-awaited feeling of well-being!
What to do if you tore your back
1. As soon as there was a breakdown of your back - first aid, it is an ointment with an anesthetic effect. Now pharmacologists offer dozens of drugs, but your opinion should fall on drugs with a cooling effect, and not warming. Then I will explain why. You should not massage without special appointments. Manipulations must be literate and performed by a medical professional. And for some conditions of your back massage is completely excluded. DO NOT use warming ointments to relieve pain! The inflammatory process in the hearth of your pain is already happening. Means with the effect of "heat" will enhance the process of inflammation. Categorical "NO" applies to hot compresses and baths during the acute period of your pain.
2. Do without medical intervention with a sore back will not work. But you do not need to go to any doctor. Experts will help you vertebrologists or kinesitherapists. They work directly with pain and its causes. Specialists do not rely on symptoms. The diagnosis is based on all indicators, analyzes, survey results.
3. Now about the pain exercises at home. Here is the most common, but believe an effective way to eliminate the acute state of your back. For example :
- "Cat-dog" on all fours for 20-30 repetitions.
- Twisting lying on the floor with bent legs. Try to elbows to get the knees on the exhale (20-40 repetitions).
- Then take a contrast shower, but rather a cold (very cold) shower for 5-10 seconds.
- After that, it will be much easier for you to make a stretching complex in any order within 10-15 minutes. For example, as shown on the left.
If necessary, these exercises can be performed 2-3 times a day and of course end with a cold shower and stretch marks. Get ready for the fact that the first steps in this direction will seem painful to you. But do not despair, day after day, you will recover much faster than just lying in bed and taking injections.
Preventive measures will help reduce the risk of hitting your back. It is necessary to strengthen the spine, make it more flexible. Bad habits strike out of life. Regular physical activity, fitness contribute to the overall mobility, make the muscles elastic and strong. Also, those who have broken their backs, doctors often recommend a pool as a rehabilitation. Preventive aqua exercises give good results to patients who have previously suffered spinal injuries.
And remember, before you go to take a lot of weight, ask yourself the question: Why are you doing this? For a living or for a healthy body? If for health, do not lift large weights that threaten to break your back. A beautiful body can pump up less dangerous loads! Remember this.
The author of the article: Petrenko Roman Andreevich - kinesitherapy instructor. Works according to the method of S. Bubnovsky. Petrenko Roman is on the left in the photo, and Bubnovsky himself is on the right. For any questions, write Roman to the email [email protected]
Found a mistake in the article? Select it with the mouse and click Ctrl + Enter. And we will fix it!
How to lift and move weights
Spinal health is extremely important for normal human life.
The most common cause of injuries to intervertebral discs is the inability to work with weights.
The all-knowing statistics states: approximately every third inhabitant of the planet suffers today from diseases of the spine, and the loss of working capacity associated with them is on a par with respiratory diseases. And it's not so much the weight of the items we lift.
When do we lift weights? Some professions are directly related to the lifting and transfer of heavy objects. For example, the seller in the supermarket for the day carries a huge mass of goods.
Young women who have small children often take them in their arms, and the weight of a one-year-old child can already exceed 10 kilograms.
Food bags can be quite heavy.
Even if you go by car from the store to the house, sometimes moving them from the car to the apartment can sometimes be enough to provoke an exacerbation of osteochondrosis or radiculitis.
Experts believe that the intervertebral disc in the lumbar spine is able to withstand a load of over four hundred kg / cm. And this means that a person may well lift these kilos. And the spine will survive! This is proved not only by weightlifting record holders, but also by simple movers. The whole question is how to lift weights.
Why rules are so important
Few of us think about the fact that there are any rules for lifting weights. Although one rule is known by many since childhood: “Do not lift weights, otherwise you will tear your back”.
But how many of us have obeyed or understood what this warning means? In addition to the care of our loved ones, it is important to take care of yourself independently.
This does not mean that it is worth carrying only light, almost weightless objects, but it is necessary to learn how to properly lift, carry and lower heavy objects!
Here are the consequences of non-compliance with the rules:
- Back pain,
- Spinal disorders,
- The omission of the uterus in women.
Worst of all, if the back muscles are already weakened and then lifting heavy things will turn out to be an unbearable burden for the spine. If you start to work and lift weights, listen to what your body signals. If you are experiencing difficulties, pain, then this indicates health problems or mistakes in actions:
- osteochondrosis, hernia, sciatica,
- non-observance of the technique of raising things,
- transfer of load to one side
- incorrect calculation of the weight of the object.
How to lift heavy things correctly, so as not to harm the spine and lower back, which primarily suffer from improper distribution of the load?
Heavy things need to raise their feet! That is, you need to lift so that most of the weight of the lifted object accounted for leg muscles, thus removing the excessive load from the back and lumbar. If you lift the wrong heavy object (for example, weighing 20-50 kg), you can get injured, not to mention stretching.
Below are simple tips to reduce the load on the spine and maintain health throughout the body.
1. Make your body stable. The legs should be shoulder-width apart, one leg slightly ahead of the other. If necessary, rearrange your legs for a more stable position. Shoes and clothing should be comfortable.
Sit down on the haunches, press the object to yourself and, keeping your back straight, stand up.
2. Falling down, bend only the legs at the hips and knees. If necessary, lean one knee on the floor, and leave the other in a straight position so that the weight of the body and weight is evenly distributed. 3. Be sure to maintain correct posture. Look straight ahead, keep your back straight, chest forward, shoulders straightened. When working with weights, the spine should always remain straight. Then the load is distributed evenly, and there is no particular danger. This applies to both the lifting of cargo and its transportation. 4. Slowly rise, straightening the hips and knees (do not bend back!). Keep your back straight, lean towards the load. 5. Keep the load as close to the body as possible.if possible, desirable - at the navel. Weight is distributed to both hands. The closer the center of gravity of the load is to the spine, the less effort is required to keep the back. With a bent back load on the intervertebral disc in the lumbar spine increases by 20 times. If the object is of unusual shape, try to keep it in such a way that the heaviest part is located as close as possible to your body and is located at belt level. Move if necessary move in small steps. 7. If possible heavy burden divided into small parts. The golden rule is valid: - “you go slower - you will continue.” A heavy bag, suitcase, any heavy load is not recommended to be carried in one hand. This is especially true when moving over long distances. Do not be lazy - divide the load so that you can carry it in both hands. Important can be any little things. For example, when you carry products in a T-shirt type package, your hands are placed with the back of the hand forward. Weight transfer in such a position of hands less harms the spine, as the muscles of the entire torso “help” It should be held in both hands, 9. Carrying weights over long distances is better on the back, not in the arms. A good option for carrying things is a backpack. With it, a lot of weight is harmoniously distributed on the shoulders, spine, lower back, and the likelihood of injury is significantly reduced. 10. Do not carry heavy bags on your shoulder. The best way out is a bag with wheels or a backpack. To roll a heavy load is much easier. But keep in mind that in the case when you need to go into public transport with a trolley, it is better to first lift the trolley onto the footboard, for example, the bus (remember that the back is straight). When you pull it into the bus, you have to do it bent over, then the load on the spine will increase many times. 11. If you want to move any heavy object on the plane, then it is better to push than pull. When lifting 50kg weight. at a height of 75 cm. with a bent back, the load on the disk will be 750 kg, while the area of the disk support is not more than 2.5 cm. How to lift weights. using the power of the legs. With a flat back, without overloading her. The first picture is wrong actions ....
If necessary, lean one knee on the floor, and leave the other in a straight position so that the weight of the body and weight is evenly distributed.
3. Be sure to maintain correct posture. Look straight ahead, keep your back straight, chest forward, shoulders straightened. When working with weights, the spine should always remain straight.
Then the load is distributed evenly, and there is no particular danger. This applies to both the lifting of cargo and its transportation.
4. Slowly rise, straightening the hips and knees (do not bend back!). Keep your back straight, lean towards the load. 5. Keep the load as close to the body as possible.if possible, desirable - at the navel. Weight is distributed to both hands. The closer the center of gravity of the load is to the spine, the less effort is required to keep the back. With a bent back load on the intervertebral disc in the lumbar spine increases by 20 times. If the object is of unusual shape, try to keep it in such a way that the heaviest part is located as close as possible to your body and is located at belt level. Move if necessary move in small steps. 7. If possible heavy burden divided into small parts. The golden rule is valid: - “you go slower - you will continue.” A heavy bag, suitcase, any heavy load is not recommended to be carried in one hand. This is especially true when moving over long distances. Do not be lazy - divide the load so that you can carry it in both hands. Important can be any little things. For example, when you carry products in a T-shirt type package, your hands are placed with the back of the hand forward. Weight transfer in such a position of hands less harms the spine, as the muscles of the entire torso “help” It should be held in both hands,
Keep your back straight, lean towards the load.
5. Keep the load as close to the body as possible.if possible, desirable - at the navel. Weight is distributed to both hands. The closer the center of gravity of the load is to the spine, the less effort is required to keep the back.
With a bent back load on the intervertebral disc in the lumbar spine increases by 20 times. If the object is of unusual shape, try to keep it in such a way that the heaviest part is located as close as possible to your body and is located at belt level.
Move if necessary move in small steps.
7. If possible heavy burden divided into small parts. The golden rule is valid: - “you go slower - you will continue.” A heavy bag, suitcase, any heavy load is not recommended to be carried in one hand.
This is especially true when moving over long distances. Do not be lazy - divide the load so that you can carry it in both hands. Important can be any little things.
For example, when you carry products in a T-shirt type package, your hands are placed with the back of the hand forward. Weight transfer in such a position of hands less harms the spine, as the muscles of the entire torso “help”
It should be held in both hands,especially if you have to work with them for a long time. This will evenly distribute the load on the back. The load on the spine is much less.
9. Carrying weights over long distances is better on the back, not in the arms. A good option for carrying things is a backpack. With it, a lot of weight is harmoniously distributed on the shoulders, spine, lower back, and the likelihood of injury is significantly reduced.
10. Do not carry heavy bags on your shoulder. The best way out is a bag with wheels or a backpack. To roll a heavy load is much easier.
But keep in mind that in the case when you need to go into public transport with a trolley, it is better to first lift the trolley onto the footboard, for example, the bus (remember that the back is straight).
When you pull it into the bus, you have to do it bent over, then the load on the spine will increase many times.
11. If you want to move any heavy object on the plane, then it is better to push than pull.
When lifting 50kg weight. at a height of 75 cm. with a bent back, the load on the disk will be 750 kg, while the area of the disk support is not more than 2.5 cm.
How to lift weights. using the power of the legs. With a flat back, without overloading her. The first picture is wrong actions ....
С помощью таких несложных советов вы сможете держать вашу спину в хорошей форме, оставаясь сильным и здоровым.
And most importantly: when working with weights, do not hesitate to ask for outside help. Most people are happy to help others, but it is much easier for them to lift the load together.
If you follow certain rules, you can move heavy enough things for the distances you need without endangering your back. But it, of course, provided that the person is absolutely healthy.
After all, if the spine is no longer in the best shape, then never under any circumstances (until you cure your back) should you lift weights greater than 10 kilograms.
Even if you do it according to the rules.
Weight Lifting Technique
- Weight assessment. It is very important to at least roughly estimate the weight of the object that you want to move to another place. It will be harmful to both underestimate this parameter and overestimate it.
2. Think firstwhat and how you will do before you lift something.
Try to mentally plan all movements. Use any gadgets that can help you. If you need to lift something from the floor and up to shoulder level, consider whether it is possible to find an intermediate place where you can deliver the cargo in the course of this operation.
If possible, get out of your way all items that impede movement.
3. Go to the subject. Get up should be as close as possible. Take the right position of the body - the legs are on the width of the pelvis, one leg can be placed slightly in front, which will allow to maintain balance.
4. Semi-sitting. Squat down so that your back does not bend, but keep a straight line, but at the same time bend forward so that it is comfortable to grab the object.
5. Capture gravity. Depending on the shape and design of the thing, it can be clasped with two hands at once (above, clasping under the bottom) or pick it up first under one edge, and then under the opposite edge. Thereby, it is necessary to lean forward slightly, leaning the load towards yourself.
6. Lifting the body. Now get up, not bending an arc in the back, but gradually straightening it from a tilt to the “straight” position. Do not turn around at this time!
7. Transferring and installing the item. Carrying the load should be tightly pressed to itself, this will allow less strain on all muscle groups, as well as distribute the load evenly.
The subject is put in a new place in the same way - half-squatting and keeping an even position of the back.
In fact, this technique is quite simple and easily remembered at any age. We recommend using it yourself and teach these rules to your children. This will improve the condition of the spine for yourself and protect your descendants from future problems.
By the way, you will quickly notice that after such a load your back will not hurt!
Freight handling rates
According to safety regulations when carrying goods, the following rules are determined: - for boys from 16 to 18 years old - the maximum weight for one lift is 16 kg,
- for men for one lift - 50 kg,
- for men per shift (8 hours), a rise of no more than 4 tons is allowed,
- for women - 10 kg, twice per hour, alternating with another job. During the work with freight constantly - 7 kg,
- for girls and girls, this is about 10% of their own weight,
Ripped back, what to do, how to treat spinal cord sprain
Often people working in professions who are forced to constantly move and lift heavy objects, feel a sharp back pain. They say - tore his back, what to do in such a situation? A torn back is a stretching of the muscles and ligaments in the vertebral region.
When a person has torn up his back, a state occurs, accompanied by severe dull pain in the lumbar region and temporary disability. Leaving aside the symptoms of a breakdown of the back can aggravate the situation and lead to spinal dislocation.
The occurrence of any discomfort in the spinal column is a reason for seeking medical help.
The muscles, tendons and ligaments surrounding the spinal column are quite elastic, which allows the human body to flex in different directions, make bends and turns. Unfortunately, the marked elasticity is not unlimited.
Sharp movements, bends, accompanied by the lifting of a heavy object, can provoke a stretching of the spinal muscles. Stretching and sore back, the symptoms of which are described below, also has certain causes.
So, if you ripped off your lower back, you need to pay attention to the following features of a person’s daily life, which are the reason why he broke his back:
- Nature of work
- Sports activities.
The fact that it is forbidden to lift weights and overwork, mentioned above. Sports are no less dangerous, especially if sports activities involve the use of force. Lifting dumbbells, stretching, held in violation of generally accepted rules. The muscles of the back lose elasticity, there may be painful tears, or rupture of ligaments.
- Be sure to read: sore back after lifting weights
If none of the described reasons relate to a particular case and the patient does not know what to do if he has broken his back in the lower back, it is necessary to pay attention to the existing violations of a neurological nature and previous injuries. When stretching the muscles, among the possible causes should be noted:
- Constant tension and stress
Combined with hard work or tedious sports activities, they can cause lower back pain.
What if a man pulled his back, where to start? Stretching the back muscles can be dangerous. To begin with, it is advisable to try to independently determine the signs and causes of the occurrence of an unpleasant situation, then go to a doctor, who will tell you what to do if the patient has torn back.
The main signs of the disease are:
- Severe pain, including aching, dull, sharp,
- Motor dysfunction,
- The appearance of tingling in the legs, weakness and numbness,
- Urination problems,
- Sexual dysfunction,
- Pain in the legs.
If a person says that he has ripped off his lower back, then he means precisely the symptoms listed above. Unfortunately, stretching of the back muscles is not taken by many seriously.
Patients continue to perform their work duties, without thinking that this is just the first sign of more serious problems.
So, if a patient has puffiness in the legs and severe pain that does not go away for several days, it is possible that a dislocation of the lumbar spine may have occurred. Similar symptoms are observed when the lumbar ligament ruptures.
Spraining in itself is not dangerous, but if it is accompanied by numbness in the arms and legs, then it makes sense to think about the possible development of an intervertebral hernia.
In this case, you will have to learn not only how to treat a broken back, but also about the subsequent operation to restore the integrity of the ligaments and muscles damaged by protruding intervertebral discs.
Feels as if the body crossed a sharp object. If the patient broke his back for the first time, the symptoms may not appear immediately.
When the back is torn, the first symptoms are pain and weakness, but there may also be fever and tingling.
So, the back is torn off and what to do? It should begin with a visit to the doctor, especially the therapist. The general practitioner will examine and refer the patient to the specialist who is needed in this case.
Problems back involved vertebrologist. If there is no such clinic, the patient will have to visit several specialists at once, among which are an orthopedist, a neurologist and a neurosurgeon.
These experts will tell you what to do if a person has torn the lower back.
The patient must be prepared to answer in detail such questions as:
- When ripped off his back,
- Did the vertebra crack,
- Did he try to self-treat the sprain,
- Does he feel sore muscles?
To confirm the diagnosis made by the doctor, it will be necessary to undergo an examination on a tomograph and an ultrasound scan.
So, a person has a broken back, how to treat better? Treatment of a broken back begins with determining how strong the pain in the torn ligament is. Treatment of sprains of muscles and ligaments is aimed at relieving pain and eliminating the cause of its pain. Symptoms and treatment are closely related.
The attending physician must prescribe painkillers, it may be ointments or injections. The form of release of the drug depends on the specific situation and the available contraindications. Most often, ointments such as Diclofenac, Ortofen, Idemetacin and other nonsteroidal preparations are used to relieve pain and swelling.
It is necessary to use the listed drugs with extreme caution. So, after using Diclofenac, be sure to wash your hands, if it gets into your eyes, ointment can cause severe irritation. To relieve muscle spasm, you can take muscle relaxants, but only after the approval of the attending physician.
The best drugs used to treat broken loins are considered to be drugs containing basically serpentine or bee venom, finalgon.
An effective medicinal effect can be achieved using the Kuznetsov applicator and electrophoresis. Some patients are prescribed laser therapy.
Physiotherapy and massage
To eliminate the symptoms and cure the disease, the patient will need to undergo a comprehensive treatment, including anti-inflammatory and pain medication, as well as physiotherapeutic procedures.
It should be noted that physical therapy is not given to everyone. In case the back sprain has arisen against the background of osteochondrosis, osteoporosis and arthrosis, stretch marks and other procedures prescribed by physiotherapy will have to be abandoned, limited to massage and swimming. In order to strengthen the muscles and ligaments, the patient may hang on the horizontal bar for a short time. For the same purpose, suitable and wall bars. Unfortunately, patients with heart and vascular diseases, such an exercise will have to be abandoned, the same rule applies to patients with thrombosis. It is also not recommended to engage in gymnastics and stretching during pregnancy, or at the time of exacerbation of the disease.
In case the back sprain has arisen against the background of osteochondrosis, osteoporosis and arthrosis, stretch marks and other procedures prescribed by physiotherapy will have to be abandoned, limited to massage and swimming.
In order to strengthen the muscles and ligaments, the patient may hang on the horizontal bar for a short time. For the same purpose, suitable and wall bars.
Unfortunately, patients with heart and vascular diseases, such an exercise will have to be abandoned, the same rule applies to patients with thrombosis. It is also not recommended to engage in gymnastics and stretching during pregnancy, or at the time of exacerbation of the disease.
If there are no restrictions, the patient may try to perform a number of the following exercises designed to stretch the muscles and speed up the recovery of damaged ligaments, avoiding ruptures:
- It is necessary to lie on your back and straighten your legs, then lifting your legs upward, bend them at the knees and press them alternately to your stomach. You need to be in such a position for at least 30 seconds, after which you have to change the leg and so on up to 10 approaches,
- Without changing the lying position, you should put your feet on the floor, legs bend at the knees. Making a breath, you need to raise your back, exhaling, lower it. The body must assume an arched position; in no case should the shoulders and legs come off the floor. Exercise duration up to 3-4 minutes
- Lying on your back, bend your knees and turn them in different directions, trying to touch the floor as often as possible, fixing this moment and staying in that position for at least 1 minute.
All exercises are performed exclusively in the absence of pain, which may occur when stretching the spinal muscles. It is necessary to observe the sequence and regularity of movements, do not rush, remembering that if a patient’s back is broken, only a doctor knows how to treat it.
Taking anti-inflammatory drugs in the treatment of a broken back, we should not forget about rest. To achieve the desired therapeutic effect in bed will have to spend 1-2 days.
In this case, the patient's back is forbidden to warm up and warm for 2 days after injury. Peace is the best thing to do if your back is torn off. It is forbidden to use hot water bottles, take a hot bath, or go to a bath; this can lead to acute pain. A positive result can be achieved by tying a sore spot with a dog hair belt soaked in salt water. The last remedy relates more to traditional medicine than to traditional, but recommendations for its use can also be heard from the doctor. Without the ability to purchase a belt, you can use a woolen scarf or a scarf. After the expiration of the aforementioned period and the beginning of the action of painkillers, you can start taking hot baths. Treatment with leeches helps some patients who have had a backache failure. Disruption of the back is an injury that leads to a violation of the usual way of life and requires urgent treatment. Denying yourself rest and treatment, a person can provoke the development of more serious diseases, the treatment of which will require surgical intervention. It is possible to exclude pathologies only in the case when a person has broken his back and, not knowing what to do, refers to a doctor, and not to friends and acquaintances who previously had similar symptoms. So, the question is, pulled back what should be considered a doctor. It often happens that after lifting a heavy object, a piercing back pain is immediately felt - the result of damage to the spine or paravertebral structures. Why did it happen so? Have you exceeded your load capacity limit? Not necessarily. It is possible that you just picked up the wrong load. Therefore, estet-portal. com decided to tell you how to lift weights in order to avoid injuries and back pain. There are three most common types of injuries that can be obtained as a result of non-compliance with safety when lifting weights. Muscle Damage - Excessive loading of the lower back muscles can lead to small tears or stretching of the muscles. Such damage to the back is very painful, it limits the mobility of the damaged and surrounding area. When you stretch your back muscles, even breathing can cause pain. Stretching the back muscles is treated, but this requires from several weeks to several months. Damage to the disc - intervertebral discs act as ball bearings and pillows between the vertebrae of the spine. The discs are made up of fibrous rings that can bulge, open, or even burst in the event of damage. Trauma to the disc in the lower back can lead to pain, which gives to the buttocks and / or leg. Joint Damage - The joints serve as the junction point of the bones in the back. Under normal conditions, such joints are able to withstand the load when lifting weights. However, improper lifting techniques, not only heavy, but also relatively light objects, can lead to blockage of such joints. Therefore, it is very important to know how to lift weights, so as not to hurt your back. Bent legs should be, not the waist. Many believe that knees bent at the knees will provide safe weight lifting, but this is not enough. The most important thing is to bend the legs at the hips and move the chest forward. The back must be straight. This will ensure the most effective use of the back muscles and correct posture. Twisting is dangerous and can lead to injuries and back pain. To avoid this, the shoulders should be in line with the hips. To change the direction of movement, first make the movement of the hips, and the turn of the shoulders should follow the hips. Hips ahead shoulders on the line with hips
Back injury can be avoided - learn how to lift weights correctly.
Types of back injury with improper weight lifting
Weight Lifting Technique to Prevent Back Damage
It is forbidden to use hot water bottles, take a hot bath, or go to a bath; this can lead to acute pain.
A positive result can be achieved by tying a sore spot with a dog hair belt soaked in salt water.
The last remedy relates more to traditional medicine than to traditional, but recommendations for its use can also be heard from the doctor. Without the ability to purchase a belt, you can use a woolen scarf or a scarf.
After the expiration of the aforementioned period and the beginning of the action of painkillers, you can start taking hot baths.
Treatment with leeches helps some patients who have had a backache failure.
Disruption of the back is an injury that leads to a violation of the usual way of life and requires urgent treatment.
Denying yourself rest and treatment, a person can provoke the development of more serious diseases, the treatment of which will require surgical intervention. It is possible to exclude pathologies only in the case when a person has broken his back and, not knowing what to do, refers to a doctor, and not to friends and acquaintances who previously had similar symptoms. So, the question is, pulled back what should be considered a doctor. It often happens that after lifting a heavy object, a piercing back pain is immediately felt - the result of damage to the spine or paravertebral structures. Why did it happen so? Have you exceeded your load capacity limit? Not necessarily. It is possible that you just picked up the wrong load. Therefore, estet-portal. com decided to tell you how to lift weights in order to avoid injuries and back pain. There are three most common types of injuries that can be obtained as a result of non-compliance with safety when lifting weights. Muscle Damage - Excessive loading of the lower back muscles can lead to small tears or stretching of the muscles. Such damage to the back is very painful, it limits the mobility of the damaged and surrounding area. When you stretch your back muscles, even breathing can cause pain. Stretching the back muscles is treated, but this requires from several weeks to several months. Damage to the disc - intervertebral discs act as ball bearings and pillows between the vertebrae of the spine. The discs are made up of fibrous rings that can bulge, open, or even burst in the event of damage. Trauma to the disc in the lower back can lead to pain, which gives to the buttocks and / or leg. Joint Damage - The joints serve as the junction point of the bones in the back. Under normal conditions, such joints are able to withstand the load when lifting weights. However, improper lifting techniques, not only heavy, but also relatively light objects, can lead to blockage of such joints. Therefore, it is very important to know how to lift weights, so as not to hurt your back. Bent legs should be, not the waist. Many believe that knees bent at the knees will provide safe weight lifting, but this is not enough. The most important thing is to bend the legs at the hips and move the chest forward. The back must be straight. This will ensure the most effective use of the back muscles and correct posture.
It is possible to exclude pathologies only in the case when a person has broken his back and, not knowing what to do, refers to a doctor, and not to friends and acquaintances who previously had similar symptoms. So, the question is, pulled back what should be considered a doctor.
It often happens that after lifting a heavy object, a piercing back pain is immediately felt - the result of damage to the spine or paravertebral structures.
Why did it happen so? Have you exceeded your load capacity limit? Not necessarily. It is possible that you just picked up the wrong load. Therefore, estet-portal.
com decided to tell you how to lift weights in order to avoid injuries and back pain.
There are three most common types of injuries that can be obtained as a result of non-compliance with safety when lifting weights.
Muscle Damage - Excessive loading of the lower back muscles can lead to small tears or stretching of the muscles. Such damage to the back is very painful, it limits the mobility of the damaged and surrounding area. When you stretch your back muscles, even breathing can cause pain. Stretching the back muscles is treated, but this requires from several weeks to several months.
Damage to the disc - intervertebral discs act as ball bearings and pillows between the vertebrae of the spine. The discs are made up of fibrous rings that can bulge, open, or even burst in the event of damage. Trauma to the disc in the lower back can lead to pain, which gives to the buttocks and / or leg.
Joint Damage - The joints serve as the junction point of the bones in the back. Under normal conditions, such joints are able to withstand the load when lifting weights. However, improper lifting techniques, not only heavy, but also relatively light objects, can lead to blockage of such joints. Therefore, it is very important to know how to lift weights, so as not to hurt your back.
Bent legs should be, not the waist. Many believe that knees bent at the knees will provide safe weight lifting, but this is not enough. The most important thing is to bend the legs at the hips and move the chest forward. The back must be straight. This will ensure the most effective use of the back muscles and correct posture.
Twisting is dangerous and can lead to injuries and back pain. To avoid this, the shoulders should be in line with the hips. To change the direction of movement, first make the movement of the hips, and the turn of the shoulders should follow the hips.
Hips ahead shoulders on the line with hips
The farther the load is from the center of gravity, the more force is required to lift the object. Try holding a bottle of water close to your chest and on your outstretched hand. This load falls on the lower back, so damage and back pain are less likely when the weight is as close as possible to the body.
How to lift weights if they are too wide? It is better to ask for the help of another person. Large objects increase the load and can lead to back pain.
This weight lifting technique is very useful when lifting a basket or small items from the floor, such as a golf ball.
Do not bend your knees. One leg can be torn off the floor - it acts as a counterweight. The opposite thigh flexes and the body becomes almost parallel to the floor, except for the leg that carries the weight of the person. With one hand, hold the fixed support, and the other, reach for the object.
Weight lifting with knees bent
This approach is useful for lifting weights from the floor. In this case, the person can sit on the subject and first raise it to the bent knee. You can now align your back leg to push forward, or your fore leg to push back, depending on where you want the item to go. The chest can be bent forward, but the back should remain straight.
Remember that the health of your back depends on many factors, including whether you know how to lift weights correctly. In addition, back pain helps to avoid proper nutrition and care of the spine.
Держите спину прямо вместе с estet-portal.com!
Поворот, переворот и подъем лежачего больного
Способы перемещения лежачих больных в кровати различаются количеством задействованных в процессе помощников и использованием дополнительного оборудования. Most often, the care is provided by one person and not always specialized devices are at hand. But even in this case, it is possible to shift a bed patient without harm to health.
Movement of the lying patient
There are six rules that preserve health, when it is necessary to raise or turn a person. They are taken from biomechanics, a field of medicine that studies ways to avoid injury when doing hard work.
- The more weight you need to lift, the closer it should be to the body of the lifting person. This ensures the stability of the person who lifts the load.
- The wider the legs apart, the more stable the position of the lifter. The optimal width between the feet is 30-60 cm.
- You can not lean forward to lift a person from the floor. Need to squat. So the load when lifting will go on strong muscles and bones of the legs, and not on the spine.
- Proper posture helps to protect the spine from injury. When lifting it is necessary to make sure that the shoulders and hips are in the same plane, and the back is straight.
- You need to turn around with your whole body, including your hips and legs. Otherwise, the load on the spine increases significantly.
- If possible, it is safer to replace a roll-up lift.
Important! You can not lift weights at the peak of inhalation. It is harmful to the heart and can cause dizziness and loss of consciousness.
Before you start
For any movements of a bedridden person, coordination is very important. Success largely depends on whether the one who is lying helps one to raise oneself or remains passive.
In order to raise or turn lying as fast as possible, it is necessary before carrying out the procedure in detail and not hurrying to explain to the person exactly what he is to take part in.
And most importantly, how can he help with this. The best option is to show an illustrated instruction or video, which explains in detail how to rotate or lift a recumbent.
The main thing is that a person understands everything and agrees to help.
Turning from the back position
The easiest way to avoid bedsores is to turn lying down at least once every two hours. The following procedure describes how to turn a bed patient so as not to tear his back.
- Straighten the arms and legs of the reclining, reduce them at the seams.
- Go to the bed from the side where you want to turn the person. That is, you will need to turn the person "on yourself."
- Bend one far leg of the patient in the knee (if it is convenient, then both).
- Turn the face of the reclining "on yourself."
- Holding the person with one hand over the far shoulder and the other behind the far thigh, turn the person "towards himself."
As a result of the described actions, the recumbent patient will take a position on its side.
Then you can fix the person lying with rollers, pillows, or install handrails to the bed and leave on your side.
If a person needs to turn on his stomach, then from the “on the side” position, the leg bent at the knee straightens and paragraph 4 is repeated - rolling “towards oneself”, supporting the upper shoulder and upper thigh. As a result, it turns out to turn the person initially lying on his back onto his stomach.
How to lift above the bed
To raise and move bed patients up and down and left and right on the bed - alternately raise the legs first, then the pelvis, and finally, the torso and head.
The initial position is “on the back”, arms and legs straight.
Important! It is safe to move the patient only in the direction of "over."
How to lift out of bed
Before lifting the bed patient, they put him on the edge of the bed, with his legs hanging down. To put a person lying down you must:
- Stand near the bedside: put the left hand over his shoulders, the right hand under the knees, covering them from above, as if something big is clamped under the armpit.
- Clasping the arm with the knees of the bed patient and extending the arm holding the shoulders, turn the patient 90 degrees.
- Lower the legs of a person from the bed and raise his body in a sitting position.
To raise a bed patient from a bed vertically you need to do the following:
- To fix the knees lifted, putting one foot between the legs of the seated.
- Put your palms in the seated armpits
- Ask to cover you around the waist, while holding the lifted by the shoulders.
- Swaying, lift sitting on the "three".
It will not be possible to stand in this position for a long time, especially if you need to lift a patient with a lot of weight, so you need to prepare a chair or a wheelchair nearby if you need to lift a bed patient.
When falling to the floor
In case of need, the Rautek method will help to raise a bed patient from the floor. However, we must remember that with a sharp rise to his feet fallen can lose consciousness. Therefore, it is better not to rush.
- The victim must be turned on his back.
- The lifter sits on his knees facing the nape of the victim
- It is necessary to take the hands of the fallen shoulders and, leaning back, to drag the shoulders and head to his knees.
- It is important to support the victim’s shoulders and back so that he does not slip onto the floor.
- Having missed hands under the armpits of the reclining, the lifter is taken with both hands for the victim's healthy forearm
- Supporting the injured thigh, the carer stands up, and the injured rises at the same time.
The Rautek method is used by rescuers around the world. This is the most convenient way to properly raise a bed patient so as not to rip your back.
How to shift to a gurney
It is most convenient to shift a bed patient from a bed to a gurney using a sliding sheet:
- Lying upside down.
- Sliding sheet is placed under the back.
- The man is turned back again.
- With the help of a sheet lying lying on a gurney
Despite the maximum ergonomics of the described processes, it is very difficult to constantly lift the immobilized person alone. Particularly high risk unsuccessfully raise sick in women with weakened abdominal muscles and people who have had a hernia. In these cases, it is very important to organize an assistant for yourself at least for the planned movements of the lying relative.
If there is a financial opportunity, then for regular procedures for moving the patient, you can purchase a small winch - it is better with an electric drive, although it can be done manually. This will greatly facilitate the process of manipulating the patient's body and eliminate the risk of injury to the caregiver.
What to do if I tore off my back?
In ordinary life, quite often a person is faced with such a problem as severe back pain.. Many people call this condition “stall”, and it happens because of a sudden movement or weight lifting.
Strong acute pains occur after the rupture of the ligaments or muscles that surround the spine.
In such a situation, it is worthwhile to familiarize yourself with the decision of the issue, if you have broken your back how to treat at home, this is a rather important and common question, since the problem is quite common.
The essence of the breakdown of the back
The human spine has a very good elasticity.. In the process of lifting weights, he immediately begins to sag simultaneously with the deviation backward, forward or to the side due to the stretching of the vertebrae.
As soon as the load completely disappears, all the vertebrae immediately fall into place, as they are surrounded by muscle tissue and elastic cartilage.
If an unacceptable load was placed on the back, if the contraction or stretching of the muscle tissue exceeds its capacity, their fibers can stretch or overstrain very much.
The vertebrae did not immediately return to their normal initial position. The cartilaginous disks that are under them, due to this breakdown, begin to gradually shift and squeeze the central nerve.
It is precisely because of this pinching and the onset of inflammation that a person begins to feel severe pain in the lumbar region.
Medically, this is called myalgia.. The treatment of such an unpleasant phenomenon is specific, because the treatment must be carried out accordingly.
The main signs of failure
Quite often, a person who tears his back, is not in a hurry to go to the hospital, can endure a aching, dull pain for a long time. It is necessary to study the main signs of pathology, so that you can understand how to understand what tore your back.
You should contact your doctor for help if you have symptoms such as:
- different types of pain, which can be acute, dull and aching, and it greatly interferes with ordinary everyday life,
- back does not straighten to the end
- the legs begin to tingle strongly, they become numb and weakness is felt in them,
- all of the above symptoms are accompanied by difficulty urinating, a disorder of the function of the genital organs, constipation,
- pain in the lower back, which is given in the legs.
The expression “torn back” in itself already indicates the traumatic nature of the damage produced, that is, the stretching of the dorsal muscles. It is easy enough to determine it by means of tolerable pain, which is characterized by aching and pulling pain.
All signs associated with severe pain may occur due to subluxation of the spine or at a rupture of ligaments. Knowing all the symptoms, you can no longer wonder how to know that the back is broken.
If there are frequent numbness in the arms or legs, this may indicate a spinal injury, as well as the development of a problem such as intervertebral hernia.
These are very serious problems, many of which can be eliminated surgically.
Quite often, visiting a doctor immediately after a breakdown is not possible, because you should know what to do, how to give yourself first aid. Broken back should be treated wisely.
Below will be described the main steps that it is desirable to perform sequentially:
- Removed the inflammatory process.
- Ligament or muscle spasms are removed.
- The weakened muscles are strengthened.
- Soft techniques are used to correct bone disorders, but only by professional means.
You can use cold to relieve primary pain.. Heat can be used only after 3-4 days after the breakdown.
Initially, different balsams and gels with components such as diclofenac, menthol, lidocaine, ibuprofen can be applied to the back.
These drugs are used for the first three days, then funds are added to which certain warming components are added. This may be bee venom, snake venom, as well as extracts of pepper and mustard.
The first three days it is forbidden to use warming compresses, as this will significantly increase swelling and inflammation.
You can take painkillers, which simultaneously provide a special anti-inflammatory effect. They should be taken for a short time before visiting the doctor, since uncontrolled reception may adversely affect the general condition of the stomach and liver.
Even drugs prescribed by a specialist are able to simply eliminate some of the symptoms, osteopaths, as well as experienced massage therapists should deal with all other breakdown factors.
The most important thing to find a highly qualified professional, it is important that he did not begin to reset the vertebrae.
If the pain was caused by a sharp physical activity against the background of a general sedentary lifestyle, it is most likely a displacement of the vertebrae, as well as various growths that prevent normal movement.
You can help yourself in this situation with the help of a professional therapist or yourself. In the first case, the effects on the spine should be minor, associated with strengthening and effects on the ligaments and muscles.
You can help yourself by stretching the body.. These are special exercises, which in the process of execution should not cause increased pain.
Here are some simple exercises that can help in the process of dealing with a torn back:
- you need to lie on your back, press your knees to your stomach, pressing them with your hands for about 30 seconds. You can press your knees at the same time, you can alternate left and right,
- knees bend and feet set on the floor. While inhaling, the waist loses before the formation of the arch, and on the exhale it presses against the floor,
- in the same initial position, it is necessary to turn the legs bent at the knees to the left and to the right. They need to be tilted to the floor, staying in this position for about 30 seconds.
Stretching can only be done in a state of complete anesthesia.. If there is pain in the back, the muscles should be left completely alone until the inflammation and pain are completely removed.
After visiting the doctor, when the exacerbation was removed with drugs, you can think about visiting a massage therapist.. Medicines will relieve pain and inflammation, and osteopath's actions will help eliminate muscle spasm.
Preference should be given to sports doctors, who have related education in the field of effective manual therapy, as well as osteopathy. You can also use a massage therapist working in the field of exercise therapy.
Qualified specialists will quickly restore blood circulation, which will support the vertebrae and cartilage, as well as remove muscle blocks and regain mobility.
If you experience pain in the back, you should immediately contact a specialist who will prescribe a competent treatment. As a rule, it is a neurosurgeon, orthopedist or neurologist..
The doctor primarily prescribes a decrease in physical activity, as well as taking certain medications. Often, treatment is based on the use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs:
- Indomethacin and other nonsteroidal means.
These drugs can be used in different ways. It may be injections, gels and ointments..
For the reason that the first 48 hours are strictly prohibited to use measures aimed at heating, ointments such as Finalgon and Apizartron cannot be used.
After the removal of acute pain, when mobility begins to recover, different physiotherapy and massage can be prescribed. This is a special fixing therapy.
Swimming helps very well with back problems, which is the best solution to the question of how to repair a torn back..
After the occurrence of a positive result, it is necessary to follow certain prophylactic rules, for example, how to lift weights correctly so as not to lose your back. This will help avoid serious health problems.
Treatment of folk remedies
When deciding what to do if you tore your back in the lumbar region, you can use traditional methods of treatment.
Using them, you can cope only with mild forms of tearing the back.. This is not taking herbs and healing infusions, but certain actions.
The first days after the breakdown it is necessary to take a lying position and exclude such forms of its warming up as strong and moist heat.
The only thing that can be done is to wrap the lower back with a fleece-based fabric. You can soak it for a couple of minutes in a strong solution of salt, made from a liter of water and a spoonful of salt.
After keeping the tissue for an hour, it can be applied to the sore spot, fix it with a bandage. After two weeks of such therapy, the person’s condition improves very quickly.
A very good result can be achieved after using the well-known applicator Kuznetsov.. A positive massage will also have a positive effect.
At the initial stage, properly prepared infusions and decoctions help very well. If you start to apply them as soon as possible and correctly, you can quickly get a significant relief:
- Can be made on the basis of horse chestnut. To prepare the composition you need to mix horse chestnut, ground into powder, and camphor oil. Components must be taken in the same quantity. The ointment is applied in a thin layer on small pieces of black bread and apply them to the lower back area.
- If there is pain in the lumbar region, you can use a compress based on a mixture of one sachet of white incense, one spoon of grated household soap, and also into thick foam of whipped two egg yolks. Everything needs to be very carefully mixed and applied to the wool fabric, which is then wrapped with a towel. After several such procedures, you can greatly alleviate your condition.
- You need to take medium-sized beets, wash them and, without peeling, grate on a coarse grater. The juice is pressed, the cake that remains is mixed with a spoon of kerosene. The resulting mixture is applied to a thin natural material and applied to the diseased part of the back. There must be a cloth between the skin and the mixture, it will help to avoid skin burns.
- If you experience low back pain you need moisten a piece of gauze or fine cotton fabric in the tincture of the same horse chestnut and attach to the sore spot. All the painful sensations go away quickly enough.
- Golden usa tincture has a good effect.. To prepare a healing infusion, you will need to take half a liter of Bishofit, which is sold in a pharmacy, and mix about 40 small mustache joints in it. The composition is infused over two weeks. After this time, the infusion is required to strain and wipe their backs. Also, the tincture is suitable for the treatment of compresses.
Using all the above recipes, it is worth remembering that back pain may not be a consequence of a breakdown. Нередко проблема может являться признаком иных достаточно серьезных заболеваний.
Очень важно обратиться за консультационной помощью к профессионалам, которые должны поставить диагноз и назначат лечебную терапию. В процессе лечения очень важно следовать советам врачей, не заниматься самолечением.
After eliminating the attack and restoring the spine, it is worth reconsidering your lifestyle. It is not necessary to completely abandon physical activity, it is important to send strength to strengthen the back muscles. Exercises should be with low weight and with reduced intensity.
Here are the most basic types and options of physical activity:
- Elbow strap and side slats for 30-60 seconds.
- Training abdominal muscles also strengthens the back and spine.
- It is necessary to improve your posture, doing yoga or exercise therapy.
If there is no particular pain, you can gradually move to strength training conducted under the supervision of a trainer. It is necessary to pay attention to pain, as it is an indicator of correctly performed exercises.
As soon as a little discomfort appeared, you need to regard this as a signal of distress, an incorrectly executed exercise.
Many wonder what you shouldn’t do if your back is torn off? Absolutely can not continue to train, especially if there is pain.
It is not necessary to lead a sedentary lifestyle for a long time. Here the optimal midpoint between the immobility and intense activity is important. Corsets also do not need to wear for a long time.
Treating a torn back with complete rest is a completely wrong technique.. Mobility can lead to muscle atrophy.
Disruption of the back occurs solely due to the fact that the muscle is simply not ready. It is for this reason that it is so important to work on strengthening your back after an aggravation.
It is not necessary in the process of building prevention to save on sports halls. Treatment of a broken back, when the problem has already acquired a chronic or neglected nature, will be much more expensive.
In order not to face such an unpleasant phenomenon as a breakdown of the back, it is necessary to correctly lift heavy objects.. Of great importance is the angle of elevation, speed of movement and the general condition of the muscles.
It is strictly forbidden to lift the load on straight legs and with the back arched. To safely and easily tear the load off the ground, just sit down a little.
It is not necessary to lift the load due to the rotation of the body, but it is required to turn the whole body correctly at once. If you plan to work with heavy weights, you must first warm the muscles.
Disruption of the back always leads to a serious disruption of life.. If you do not begin to treat this problem in a timely manner, you can get a whole range of diseases, many of which become chronic.
It is for this reason that in the process of deciding the question of what to do when a back is broken, there can be only one answer - to get treatment as soon as possible.
If the problem is very serious, you will have to undergo treatment in the hospital, and if the situation is not complicated, certain activities at home will be enough.