When the light autumn coolness smoothly turns into a real winter cold, it is very important to change the light shoes to warmer shoes in time. It will save from seasonal cold. For men, in most cases, more suitable quality men's shoes. Winter shoes can be different, but boots or ugg boots are not always appropriate, and if you still have to comply with the office dress code, the problem is exacerbated. I want to combine quality, aesthetic appearance, and do not overpay for such an acquisition, and for this it is advisable to carefully sort out this issue.
The durability of winter shoes
The problem of modern footwear is the annoying impracticality, and it is very annoying when, in a matter of a couple of months, quite decent men's shoes fall apart. Winter models, which are offered in the markets and in cheap stores, rarely make it to spring, and in especially neglected cases they begin to let the water in a couple of weeks, socks even in relatively good urban conditions.
Even cheap shoes designed for one season should be kept in an acceptable condition from the onset of cold weather to spring heat, but in practice this is extremely rare. It turns out that it is more profitable to purchase quality shoes that will last more than one season, ideally at least two or three years. Since men's shoes are less subject to fashionable changes, there will hardly be any losses from the aesthetic side.
What boots are needed in the winter city?
Modern metropolis is a rather contradictory conditions. On the one hand, there are asphalt roads around, on the other hand, the pavement can quickly and unobtrusively turn into impassable mud, and a mixture of sand and anti-icing agents in record time makes shoes unusable. So what should be men's winter boots to reliably protect the feet from cold and moisture, and at the same time that their quality matches the stated price?
On average, the shoes should be comfortable and warm enough that the owner, without prejudice to his health and well-being, could spend several hours outside at a temperature of about 20 degrees below zero. Trying will be the starting criterion of selection, and if the shoes are too tight, the legs will freeze in them. Therefore, you should try on winter shoes on a warm sock, and you should be able to move your fingers freely.
What are the parameters for quality winter boots?
You need to evaluate everything, and first of all it is important to know the classification. Men's winter boots are rather high shoes, which should reach the beginning of the ankle. The so-called low shoes open up the ankle and are suitable for relatively dry and not too frosty weather.
High-quality genuine leather wins over all types of synthetics, calfskin is better than pigskin, and pressed skin is the lowest grade among natural materials. It is also highly desirable insulated lining - fur or high-tech synthetics, which sometimes costs more. According to this description, you can make a brief description, according to which the quality winter boots for men - genuine leather, natural fur. And do not forget about the material and structure of the sole.
Best of all, a corrugated “tractor” outsole shows itself in the winter, providing reliable traction even with slippery pavement covered with snow. In this case, the protrusions of the sole must be sufficiently large, with deep and wide grooves between them. Leather thin sole is suitable only for movement in the car, maximum - a few steps on the sidewalk from the car to the office door.
You also need to assess the strength of the seams, the number of parts, the quality of the fastening of the sole. Little things in this matter does not exist.
Types of leather and other materials for winter boots
As mentioned above, high-quality winter boots for men - natural leather, natural fur, plus a semi-rigid tractor outsole. Leatherette shoes may look good, but it is not suitable even for greenhouse conditions.
Calfskin is the most expensive, but at the same time one of the most wear-resistant options. Winter boots are thick enough skin, which is further processed for increased water resistance and resistance to surface damage. Pig skin is less practical, but can last an average of three to four seasons, especially with proper care.
A special question is elegant suede shoes. As a rule, they look great, are pleasant to wear, but in the wet urban winter they quickly lose a decent appearance. To clean the salt stains and dirt from suede is much more difficult. However, this is not a reason to refuse to buy, it is just desirable to leave suede shoes for clear dry cold days.
Material and structure of the sole
On expensive and elegant shoes there can be a leather sole, but it is suitable only for offices and well-groomed alleys. Sticking prevention problem will not solve. Rubber or polyurethane soles are suitable for good wear-resistant shoes, but different manufacturers use very different materials for this. Low-quality polyurethane becomes hard in the cold and can burst at a certain load. However, serious firms use better quality raw materials.
The sole is cured by vulcanization. This is one of the best options. ECCO shoes are made in this way. If you use the usual firmware, you will have to additionally handle the shoes to improve moisture resistance, but not the fact that the result will suit you.
The best results are shown by a structured sole from brands like Vibram. This company produces sports and semi-athletic shoes, including for long pedestrian crossings. The service life of branded shoes can easily exceed ten years.
What lining to choose?
Any faux fur can immediately be considered a decorative application designed to mislead the buyer. It heats very relatively, quickly falls down, is wiped and "loses weight." If we choose synthetic insulation, let it be a special structured material that is used in branded sports shoes. It reliably insulates against moisture, while leaving room for microcirculation.
Good winter boots with fur are made of leather with natural sheepskin lining. It is quite dense and warm fur, over time it falls down slightly on the insole, forming something similar to felt, which adopted the individual characteristics of the foot. But rabbit or rabbit fur, despite all its naturalness, can be considered a waste of money. "Bald" such a heater in a matter of weeks.
Laces or other types of clasps?
There can hardly be any disagreement here: the zipper on classic men's shoes is inappropriate, as are velcro or puffs. Variants are only possible on the appropriate sports or tourist shoes, and then in combination with durable laces. For example, the Adidas winter boots for men are high-quality and comfortable shoes, but they cannot be combined with an official suit at all.
Choosing shoes for the price
In the lower price segment there is a market, cheap shops and partly “Centroobuv” type networks. The defining criterion when buying such budget winter boots is price. Male models for 2000 rubles can not be worn for a long time by definition, but if you're lucky, they will reach to the middle of winter. Of course, we are talking about daily wear in different conditions, including bad weather.
Thanks to modern materials and the latest methods of making shoes, the visual differences between the types of shoes can be erased. For example, men's winter sport shoes can look quite modest and concise, almost within the office dress code, but at the same time they retain a high degree of practicality. For everyday wear with a semi-official suit, such shoes fit almost perfectly.
According to customer reviews, of the companies represented in our market, the top three are Columbia, Garmont and Merell. Three or five seasons such shoes perfectly stand, quite regularly to take care of them. They are followed by the brands Caterpiller, Salomon and Ecco. The products of all listed companies use Vibram, GTX, Gore-tex or Sympatex technologies, which have already been tested by consumers, and not only in urban environments, but also long medium crossings over rough terrain.
Choosing winter boots, it is better to pay attention to the products of reputable companies that rely on quality and their own reputation, and not on short-term quick profit.
Quality and comfort are paramount!
How can you not get lost in the huge variety of models of shoes and choose the best in the store, so that in them it would be not only comfortable to be all day, but at the same time to feel always “on top”? Thanks to our advice, you can easily buy such a pair.
- First of all, you should pay attention to the quality of shoes. Natural materials such as leather, suede, nubuck are considered the best - in such models the legs will not sweat indoors, and on the street they will not feel cold.
- Sturdy shoes are distinguished by a durable sole, which easily bends when pressed by the hands. However, it should not be too thin, otherwise the foot will feel any pebble, and you will not experience comfort when wearing.
- For everyday life, it is advisable to choose universal models with a wide and low heel from 2 to 4 cm in height. Be sure to check that it is stable and does not go backwards or forwards.
- Pay attention to the shoes were well stitched and taped. Sticking threads and protruding glue talk about the poor quality of shoes. Do not forget to carefully check the zipper and other accessories.
- It is recommended to make a purchase in the evening, by this time the legs are somewhat swollen. If you buy shoes in the morning, then it is likely that when you start to wear them, by the end of the day the shoes will be pressed.
- Trying on a suitable size, make sure that your fingers do not shrink, because this can lead to the formation of "stones" on the thumb and the appearance of corns in the center of the foot. Do not wear tight shoes. Because of it, there can be a curvature of the fingers, ingrown nails, impaired blood circulation in the legs. Most often when buying a close pair of sellers say that it is spread, but this happens very rarely. It is not recommended to take and too loose shoes, in it you will be uncomfortable to walk, and you can even tuck your foot.
- Measure shoes on socks of such thickness that you will wear. If you like some model, then walk around it in the store for a few minutes so that you can understand how comfortable it is. In this case, your fingers should slightly feel the toe of the shoe, but not rest on it. Run your hand over the top of the shoe and make sure that the tubercles from the toes do not appear.
- If you pick up shoes for certain clothes, then it is better to go to the store for shopping. On-site it will be easier to determine the appropriate color and style of shoes.
It should be noted that the correctly chosen shoes improve the gait, straightens the posture and visually makes the figure slimmer.
Tip: How to distinguish natural from artificial skin. Now they have learned so well to make leatherette that sometimes it is difficult to determine where the real material is and where the fake is. The best way is to rub it on the cut.
If the material is split into small hairs, then it is natural leather, and artificial threads will appear on the artificial skin. The products of this material seams are most often visible, they are not hidden inside.
To the legs do not freeze
If you decide to choose your winter boots, then to such shoes are higher requirements. We suggest you to familiarize yourself with our recommendations, having listened to which, you can buy a nice warm pair.
- For the winter is best suited shoes made of genuine leather. In it you will be warm and comfortable to move. In addition, such materials are moisture resistant and tolerate temperature drops. In addition, genuine leather longer retains its presentation.
- If winter is not frosty, and there is constant slush on the street, then quality shoes will not get wet. Be sure to look for the zipper to start not quite close to the sole. Otherwise, water will seep inside the shoe and your feet will be wet.
- Winter boots can be of different heights, but most often for the cold period are suitable overestimated models, tight-fitting shin.
- Putting on warm jeans or pants, it is often difficult to fasten a zipper. And here the designers took care of the lovely ladies and came up with models that are easy to wear without a lock.
- The sole of the winter boots should be thick enough, with a tread pattern. It is recommended that polyurethane or rubber be put on, and with the plastic leg it will constantly slide.
- If you wear warm thick socks in winter, then shoes with fur should be taken one size larger.
- In cold weather, it is better to buy shoes of dark colors; on light ones, water spots will be visible.
- The warmest are considered models of genuine leather with lining and insole of sheep fur.
In high-quality and comfortable shoes you are not afraid of any cold, slush on the roads and slippery pavements.
On the shelves of shops today you can find models of shoes for every taste. Due to the variety of styles, shapes, materials, colors, it is possible to remain stylish in the cold season and constantly change your bow.
The lovers of the classics will appreciate black lacquer or caramel-tender suede shoes. Bright models or fur models that imitate the color of Dalmatians will like bold girls.
No less relevant harsh shoes on the platform. Such shoes are very popular with young girls. Moreover, you can wear it with anything: feminine dresses in a delicate flower, long skirts, culottes or high-waisted jeans.
Incredibly popular with fashionistas and various jewelry present on the shoe - metal buckles, embroidery, artificial stones and fringe.
Thanks to the creative ideas of designers and the latest technologies, now there is a great opportunity to choose shoes for every taste. And you can easily realize your fantasies and create your favorite images - from sports to romantic. Do not be afraid to experiment and change, so you create your own unique style.
What quality shoes are made from
In 90% of cases, good and quality shoes are made from the skin of the following three animals: a calf (goby), a pig, and a goat. The remaining 10% comes from exclusive and exotic shoes. The strongest calf leather is suitable for the harshest weather conditions. Its thickness is 1.8 - 2.5 mm. Possible disadvantages include the presence on the skin of many small defects from insect bites, etc. Pig skin is cheaper than calf, has a greater distribution, thinner. The disadvantages include high hygroscopicity and loss of shape with frequent wetting. You can choose this material for non-critical elements in the product, such as lining, insoles, tops, and all sorts of applications. The thinnest skin (0,8 - 1,5 mm) - goat's skin - is at the same time the most beautiful with the minimum number of defects. High quality model women's shoes are often made from it. Choosing such shoes, one should understand that such shoes are not distinguished by high strength and reliability, but they are excellent for irresponsible elements.
Types of skin and their features
Now let's talk about skin types and their features. Genuine leather can be smooth, lacquered, may have a nap (suede, velor, nubuck). Lacquered shoes do not allow air well, so it is not recommended to wear it in hot weather and with increased sweating of the feet. In addition, it is very susceptible to mechanical damage (scratches, etc.) and cracks at temperatures below -10 degrees C or above 25 degrees C, and from moisture is covered with small cracks. Suede is not afraid of small punches and scratches, but it is difficult to remove dust and dirt from it even with a special brush. Nubuck is even less protected from pollution and salinization than suede and velor, but more moisture resistant. In general, shoes made of suede, nubuck and velor are quite capricious, it requires constant care with water-repellent agents due to its high hygroscopicity.
When buying shoes from nubuck and velor be sure to take care of buying paint the right color. Only paint will be able to paint over quickly formed and poorly removable scuffs and traces of dirt.
Possible defects in shoes
Pay attention to the inner surface of the selected pair of shoes. Внутренняя поверхность качественной обуви должна быть ровной, на стыках гладкой на ощупь, иначе колготки и носки будут постоянно рваться об острые края швов и т.п.
Внимательно рассмотрите пятку в выбранной обуви. Пятка может быть оформлена не обычным прямым вертикальным швом, а пришитой цельной деталью. Такая деталь может быть как накладной, и тогда ее срез хорошо просматривается, так и иметь подвернутые внутрь края швов. If you find the heel part in such versions (tucked inwards), then in this case the probability that the shoes are not made of genuine leather, increases significantly. Tightening the edges of the inside manufacturers of cheap poor-quality shoes may try to hide the true material and avoid the questions of too meticulous buyers. On the other hand, very high-quality footwear of well-known brands are also often produced with edges matched inside. Therefore, if you do not have a world-famous brand of shoes, and you are not in the company store, then the selected edges should be alarming. In addition, the presence in the product of an open cut will help determine the thickness of the skin, which is an important factor in intensive wear.
Now consider the heel on the selected product. Place shoes on a flat surface. When viewed from the side, a pair of high-quality footwear should stand steadily on the entire surface of the heels, otherwise they may loosen and break the instep supports. Heel can be either solid from plastic, rubber, metal or wood, or precast - from 2 or more materials. Plastic is brittle, wood rots from moisture. Inside the thin plastic heels (studs) insert a metal rod to strengthen the structure. The worse the quality of the metal, the softer it is, the greater the likelihood of a broken heel. The second reason for the fracture of the studs on poor-quality shoes or boots - a metal rod is inserted not on the entire length of the heel. Heels, like other parts, tend to scratch. You can tint them in repair shops. At home, you can try to tint with a waterproof marker. By the black heel to pick up the color will not be a problem, but the selection of other shades can be a certain difficulty, even in repair shops. This must be taken into account when buying shoes with a non-black heel.
It does not hurt to also check the rear seams on the selected pair. They should be smooth, stitched 2-3 mm. If the stitch is smaller, the perforation effect is triggered when worn and a rupture is possible, which is certainly not a sign of quality.
And in conclusion, I would like to give one more advice to women wearing long-sex clothes. Having such a wardrobe, you should choose boots without fittings on the tops. Especially it is necessary to be afraid of metal and plastic accessories. Such fasteners will have time to tear your coat or fur coat lining before they serve theirs.
General rules of choice
It is very important to choose the right shoes so that it meets all the requirements and can serve for a long time. For this you need to pay attention to the material from which the shoes are made.
There is a certain list of rules by which we choose shoes.
- First of all, it is necessary to determine the type of shoes: on the heel (low or high), with fur, with spikes on the sole, for sporting events, on a flat sole. The choice of model depends on the style of clothing and the reason - where it will be shoes.
- Winter is famous for its icing, so winter shoes should have a stable sole or heel - the ribbed surface of the sole will help you to stay on your feet even on the most slippery road.
- The sole should be thick enough so that the foot in the shoe does not freeze.
- The material from which the shoes are made is a very important factor for the durability and thermal abilities of the shoes. Preference is given to natural materials - leather, suede, fur, but the leader, of course, is genuine leather.
- To distinguish natural material from artificial material, find the unstitched part of the shoe: a leather substitute has a fabric basis, whereas the natural one does not have it. In addition, a piece of leather material in the form of a brand name of a brand is attached to genuine leather shoes.
- Another way to distinguish natural material from artificial material is to slightly press the toe of the shoe. If the material is quickly straightened, then it is natural leather, if a dent remains, then it is an artificial material. In addition, natural leather emanates a pleasant smell, and it stays warm for a long time. From artificial leather, as a rule, comes cold.
- Suede shoes are very warm, but need careful and regular care. If the choice is on suede shoes, then it must be remembered that this material does not like reagents and dirt on the road. From this material loses its color and is erased. The best option for wearing suede shoes - this is the use of shoes to find most of the time in the car.
- The inside of the shoes should consist of natural fur - then the foot in such shoes will not freeze. Artificial fur does not create a foot full of comfort - it either freezes it, or, on the contrary, creates too hot an environment, because of which the foot heats up and sweats. It is easy to determine where the artificial fur is, and where it is not, you need to push the hairs apart and see if the fabric is visible, the fur is artificial, if the skin is visible, then the fur is natural.
- It is also worth checking that the fur is located all over the inside of the shoe - a special inspection is necessary to subject the sock area.
- For outdoor activities should purchase shoes in specialized stores. Such shoes are also suitable for winter fishing, long-term outdoor activities and long walks. Boots endowed with special insulating membranes that do not allow the foot to freeze even in the most severe frost, but indoors in such shoes it will be hot.
- When choosing winter warm boots, it is important not to be mistaken with the size. Do not buy shoes right next to - it is better to choose a free option so that you can wear a thick sock. Especially to preserve heat in the shoes should be some air.
- Be sure to pay attention to the details: the seams, how to fasten the lock, the laces, the insoles, how all the details are stitched, and so on. It depends on all the details how long the boots will be able to preserve their basic functions and appearance.
- Women's shoes are often made with heels of different heights. For convenience, it is better to choose a model with a rounded nose - such shoes will not squeeze the toes and the foot will feel free and will not freeze.
- The choice of shoes should depend on the convenience and comfort of the feet, so you need to try on shoes for two, because it can be a little more than the other leg. In this case, you need to be equal to the size of that leg, which is larger. Also pay attention to the fact that the shoes do not pinch and do not rub the leg area. Do not hesitate and try on shoes with woolen socks to eliminate the possibility of squeezing the legs (and this, by the way, leads to the appearance of corns and corns).
- Trying on shoes, be a little like them and feel the shoes sitting on your foot. Genuine leather tends to stretch slightly when worn and take the shape of the foot.
- It is necessary to pay attention to the sole of the shoe - it should be made of rubber, rubber, TEC or polyurethane. It is better not to choose shoes with a sole made of plastic material - this sole will not be able to warm properly in the winter months.
- Attention should also be paid to the shoe manufacturer - it should be reliable and tested. Read reviews on the Internet, find out more about a particular brand, and also try to buy boots for the winter in specialized stores with a large assortment and rich experience.
Selection of shoes for skating
Sports equipment for skiing has a huge range and a lot of thin walls when choosing.
The best shoes for skating should have the following functions:
- to be tall, at least cover your ankle to avoid injury during movement,
- have a permissible stiffness to also protect the foot from all sorts of damage,
- must be matched strictly to the size of the feet,
- pads should fit perfectly to all the features of the feet (width, size, possible deviations from the norm, and so on),
- fastenings and fasteners of shoes should be as close as possible to the equipment, and also not stick and be as functional as possible.
Choosing skating shoes for children, you should not choose a model for growth to avoid injury. Children's shoes are less stiff, which does not damage the fragile bones of the child and prevent deformation.
As for the female models, they are usually a little wider in the calf area. Some shoes put a special volume control of the upper part, so that the athlete herself could adjust the size.
Also, experts advise when choosing equipment for winter outdoor activities and sports not to save on shoes - poor quality shoes can contribute to injury and damage and, consequently, poor health of the legs and the whole body.
Choosing winter boots for children
Children quickly grow out of shoes, so every season they need a new pair. The best shoes for children in winter should be:
- comfortable (ideally suited to the individual characteristics of the feet - size, width),
- easy to move around with,
- breathing so that the baby’s foot doesn't sweat,
- non-slip to avoid injury and damage in ice,
- water resistant so that the foot does not get wet in wet weather and allows greater wearing comfort,
- warm - many shoes are equipped with special membranes that contribute to the preservation of heat, but, of course, the presence of natural fur is never superfluous,
- easy to care for, as children rarely take care not to get dirty. It is best to choose a material that can be easily cleaned with soap and a damp soft cloth or sponge.
When choosing children's shoes for the winter you need to pay attention to the following:
- so that the foot is not frozen, you can not buy shoes, as they say, butt - it is better to buy shoes on the floor, one size larger. Also pay attention to the sock of the shoe - the best option is a rounded, wide sock: it will definitely not squeeze the baby’s fingers,
- shoes should be well fixed on the foot and not dangle - for this purpose, various straps, fasteners, rivets and others are used,
- It is also necessary to take into account the opinion of the child - he should like the shoes and be comfortable for his feet, otherwise he will simply refuse to wear them,
- high-quality shoes are a guarantee of healthy legs, so when buying, be sure to pay attention to all the details: seams, linings, locks, and so on,
- it is better to choose a model with removable insoles, especially if the child’s legs tend to sweat - in this case it will be easier to wash and replace them.
Choosing boots for the winter, pay attention to everything - on quality, price, appearance, convenience. Remember that choosing the right shoe affects both the health of your feet and your well-being and mood.