Chicken tobacco is one of the most famous dishes of Georgian cuisine. The unique taste and aroma of this fried bird made it one of the most beloved delicacies in the vast expanses of the now former Soviet Union. It goes without saying that on my website I, too, could not ignore this wonderful dish.
The chicken chicken owes its name to the fame and public love of the Soviet people, who interpreted the intricate Georgian “tapak” into the commonly understood Russian “tobacco”. In fact, as you probably already guessed, the original Georgian name of this dish sounds like: chicken tapak. Tapa is a type of flat Georgian griddle, hence the name. So chicken tapak means chicken in a skillet. Having obtained these two components, you can safely proceed to the mystery of preparation. Oh, no, you still need a good recipe for chicken tobacco)))
- 1 chicken weighing 1 kg.
- 100 gr. butter
- 50 ml. vegetable oil
- 100 ml. white wine (or 1 lemon)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 tsp ground red hot pepper
- 8 black peppercorns (or ground black pepper)
- 1 tsp salt with a slide
- greenery for decoration
- Theoretically, to cook chicken tobacco, you can use chicken of any size, but few in the kitchen will find such a large frying pan to spread a bird weighing 2–3 kilograms on it. That is why for frying they get small young chickens weighing about 1 kg.
- So, the first thing we inspect the chicken carcass, remove all the remaining feathers. After that, carefully wash the bird under running water, and then wipe dry with a napkin.
- Cut the chicken carcass through the middle of the breast. Since the breast of a young bird consists practically of soft cartilages alone, it will not be difficult.
- After the chicken breast is cut, we open it like a book. Some internal organs, such as the lungs, may remain inside the chicken. We remove them by scratching with a spoon or cutting it with a knife.
- The next very important step is to beat the chicken with a hammer. Absolutely flat, well repelled bird - this is the main feature of tobacco chicken. Before you start beating, I recommend to cover the carcass with cling film. This little trick will allow us to avoid splashes that can stain the entire kitchen.
- Beating the chicken, you should clearly understand what we want to achieve. And we want our little bird tight, the surface of the whole carcass was adjacent to the pan. To perform this task, the chick should be crushed by the joints on the wings and legs, as well as in the attachment points of the limbs to the body. This is where the hammer should work most actively. When the joints are crushed, you should walk with a hammer all over the carcass, finally leveling it and at the same time softening the meat.
- A well-beaten, completely flat chicken is salted on both sides. Chicken weighing 1 kg. It will take about 1 teaspoon of salt with a slide. Salt is better to take not extra, but stone or sea.
- The next stage - pickling our chicken. To do this, put the chicken carcass in a large plate or bowl. First, pour a small amount of vegetable oil (just enough 2 tablespoons, one - from the outside, the other - from the inside).
- Then pour chicken with white table wine, about half a glass. Wine is necessary to give the meat spicy acidity. Replace the wine can be a juice of one small lemon.
- Spread salt, soaked chicken in wine, cover with cling film or lid and send for pickling in the refrigerator for two to three hours. If this time is not there, then we keep the bird in wine at least half an hour at room temperature.
- While the chicken is marinating, we prepare a garlic pot for it. To do this, finely chop 4 cloves of garlic, put the garlic in a small bowl or cup. Then add one third of a teaspoon of ground bitter red pepper (in no case, not chili pepper) and crushed black peppercorns.
- Ground black pepper can also be used for pouring, but it is far less fragrant than freshly ground pepper. Crush black pepper can be in a mortar, and you can wrap the peas in a napkin and crush them with a regular bottle or rolling pin for dough.
- The fourth ingredient in the fill is 50 ml. vegetable oil, which we add to a mixture of pepper and garlic. Next, we mix the fill and leave it to insist until the moment of application.
- After the meat is slightly marinated (we use a not very strong marinade), you can begin to fry it. To do this, take a large enough frying pan so that it can fit spread chicken. Put the pan on the fire, heat it up strongly, put about 100 gr. butter.
- When the butter has melted, and then boils, we lay the chicken on the pan skin down.
- In order to properly pinch chicken tobacco to the pan, be sure to use the press. There are special pans for frying tobacco chickens with heavy cast-iron lids or screw pistons, but they are used in restaurants where it is necessary to cook chickens quickly and in large quantities. At home, we can easily do with a simple press made from a conventional pan, the diameter of which is slightly smaller than the diameter of the griddle. So, we collect a full pot of water and place it on top of a chicken sprawled on a pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium or slightly above average. Fry the chicken under the press for about 30 minutes. While frying the chicken, it is not advisable to leave the kitchen because the frying process should be controlled. If the chicken skin blush too quickly, reduce the heat a little so that the chicken does not burn. Low fire is also bad, because with a weak heat of the frying pan, the crust does not form, and the meat begins to lose its juice intensively. But this is precisely what should be avoided if we want to get fried and not boiled chicken tobacco.
- After 30 minutes the chicken is turned over to the other side. To do this, remove the press from the bird and gently, so as not to damage the golden skin, turn the bird over.
- After our chicken comfortably settles on the "tummy", we press it down again with a pan of water. At this point, the bird will release quite a lot of fat, plus the remnants of the marinade will be drained from it, so the chicken will roast in more than just butter, but boil in an unusually fragrant gravy.
- On the second side of chicken tobacco fry for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, the dish is almost ready, and we only need to make the last garlic-pepper stroke into it. By the way, if someone does not like the taste of garlic or pepper, he can do without this addition. Chicken is already enough roasted and tasty. But the real connoisseur of tobacco chickens will never give up this fragrant component. It should be noted that it is impossible to apply the pouring during the main frying process. In this case, our garlic will simply burn, the pepper will decompose, and we will not get anything except the smell of burning and small, creaking coals on the teeth.
- So, we remove from the chicken press. On his beautiful ruddy skin with a spoon, apply half of the previously prepared fill.
- After that, turn the bird over by pouring it down, press it again with a pan and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, we again remove the press, put the second half of the pot already on the inside of the bird, turn it over, press down the pan and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- That's all, on this process, the cooking of chicken tobacco is fully completed. We spread the rosy golden bird on a dish or a large flat plate, pour the sauce remaining in the pan, which previously boiled chicken, garnish with greens and serve hot. As a garnish for chicken can serve fresh or baked vegetables and boiled potatoes sprinkled with dill.
- As you can see, cooking chicken tobacco at home is a snap, the main thing is to have the desire and a little bit of patience. And here is another very tasty Georgian recipe of khinkali and a no less tasty recipe of satsivi.
These dishes are worth a try.
Feedback and comments:
Chicken tobacco just a sight for sore eyes! Respect and respect to the cook!
I always thought that tobacco chicken was something incredibly complicated. A dish from the restaurant menu, and some more tobacco is required. And as it turned out, everything is very simple and accessible: by ingredients, and by the very process of preparation. So I will cook. Soon Valentine's Day, here and I will please my beloved. Thanks for a very clear and accessible recipe!
Alena, please tell me, is it necessary to cut a chicken tail? The text of the recipe does not say anything about this, but in the photos, it seems to me, it is cut out.
Faith, to remove the tail or not - it is entirely up to you. In my family, no one eats a tail, so I always delete it (give it to the seals). But there are connoisseurs who love this part of the chicken very much. If you leave the tail, you will certainly cut out the fat glands that are located on top. The fat in these glands has a specific odor that can spoil the flavor of fried chicken.
Previously, chicken tobacco could be tasted except in some restaurant. I only heard this name, and something when Yarmolnik showed a parody of this bird)). I decided to try it, I really wanted to eat such a chicken, the photo causes an increased salivation,). Honestly, I liked it - unusual, original, fragrant and tasty. It can even compete with kebabs.
Lada, thanks for the feedback. It seems to me that this dish became so popular precisely because of Yarmolnik, who, in his pantomime, so artistically conveyed its essence, that everyone became interested and certainly wanted to try)))
Cooked two tobacco chickens for her husband's birthday. Well, that two large pans were found, and it was possible to fry the chickens at the same time. Chickens turned out great! I poured the gravy into separate bowls and the guests there dipped pieces of meat. They say they do it in Georgia.
Elena, glad that you have succeeded, and the guests liked the chickens. But the problem of how to cook tobacco chickens for a large company really exists. Here two options are possible:
1 - you should purchase four large pans (or you can rent them from relatives and neighbors), and at the same time fry four chickens on four rings. True, this method requires a certain dexterity, skill and experience. You can also invite an assistant to the kitchen.
2 - prepare all the chicks in advance, and immediately before serving, heat the birds in the oven.
Today I cooked chicken for the first time, nearly choked on saliva while it was roasting, very tasty, thanks for the recipe)
I used to think that tobacco chicken is incredibly difficult to cook, so it is served only in restaurants. It turns out that everything is much simpler than it seems at first glance. Of course, it’s necessary to tinker with the bird, not without it, but, in principle, any hostess can handle it. I'll take a note of the recipe, soon Valentine's Day, here and I will surprise my beloved husband)).
Chicken flew away in a couple of minutes! And they say that chickens do not fly :-)
While reading the article, already drooling drool. In general, I like to cook and watch different recipes on the Internet. I came to your site for a reason, everything is described in detail here, each step is accompanied by a photo, which is more understandable for me, I will add this site to my bookmarks
Alain, thank you for such a detailed description of the preparation. I used to make chicken, but now I realized that I missed some nuances. Now I will cook according to your recipe
This fragrant chicken tobacco has not been eaten for a very long time. Thanks personally from me and special thanks from my husband. He himself would have written, but only grabbed the chicken, you will not tear it off :)
Wow, what a chicken tobacco. Already running to cook.
With the current chicken is complete nonsense, a lot of water is pumped into it, 5 times it poured the broth while cooking, naturally nothing fried and cooked. Cooked in a special pan with a press.
max, there are different recipes for chicken tobacco, including those when the chicken is boiled-fried in its own juice. To make a fried crust, you need to do two things:
1. Putting chicken on a hot skillet, and cook it on medium heat or even slightly stronger. If the chicken began to produce a lot of juice, then the heating is insufficient and you should increase the fire.
2. The press should not close the pan tightly, steam should have a way out. And then the chicken will not be boiled.
The recipe is simply amazing! Very detailed, simple, beautiful, in the end it turned out well, very tasty! I did everything as you wrote, my husband is pleased, I am pleased with the chick and myself, so thank you so much.
Chicken turned out delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
All done as you have written. Everything worked out. Just a holiday of some kind.
Garlic fill for chicken tobacco, I do not with pepper, and with finely chopped dill. Try, you will not regret.
Wah, how delicious, almost like home, in Georgia!
I always plentifully flavored chicken tobacco with lemon juice, but I read your recipe and tried to fill it with white wine. I want to say that this is a real find! The taste of meat immediately became much thinner and more refined. From all my clients, thanks for the great advice.
Thank you for a very detailed and understandable recipe for chicken-tobacco. Now everything is clear what, for what, and most importantly how to do it.
Chicken tobacco cooked for the first time in my life. I used to think that this is an incredibly complex dish, but thanks to your instructions, everything went without a hitch. Delicious yummy! Thank you so much for the recipe and for saving my faith in myself.
Thanks for the recipe. Just eaten with a huge appetite. Add to my recipes.
Thank you so much for this delicious recipe. Cooked chicken tapak for the first time in my life. As it turned out, all ingenious is simple. My men are thrilled. Now this dish will be included in our home menu forever.
Elena, thank you very much for the feedback. I'm glad that I liked the chicken)))
Today cooked for your recipe. It turned out oh, very good! It is not the first time that I cook according to your recipes and each time I mentally send words of thanks. It is so nice to gather a family in the evenings and treat them with your delights thanks to you Thank you very much for your site.
Oksana, and thank you so much for the kind words))))))
Thanks for the recipe, very understandable and affordable, but how delicious. Now this is our favorite family meal! Good luck to you!
Dmitry Panin 02/16/16
For tobacco chains, a special cast iron pan with a ribbed bottom and a powerful lid is needed
Dmitri, of course, it is desirable to have a special pan. But what do people do when they want to cook chicken tobacco, and there is no special pan? That's just for such a case, and a tricky trick with a conventional frying pan and an improvised press comes in handy)))
And I would like to ask you what is the diameter of the pan? And then I have one pan with a diameter of 26 cm, I'm afraid that it might not fit.
Good afternoon, Victoria! I also have a frying pan of 26 cm. A large chicken or a young chicken fits perfectly. In extreme cases, you can mute the legs by chopping off the joints on buldyjkah.
Thank you so much for the quick response!
Choro Tukembaev 02.05.16
They drank, ate and danced,
The jewels are stolen,
But in the end lost.
Now the pan is waiting,
Where tobacco is fried.
Oh, we lied!
Ay, li! We were stolen!
Drank, sang and danced
Choro, thanks for the poems about chicken tobacco))) I think that after such an appetizing introduction, visitors to the site will go more in depth to get acquainted with your work)))
There is a way much shorter. Chicken, repulsed by this technology. Plus salt, garlic and quite a bit of mayonnaise. Next to the pan with vegetable oil and until golden brown. Greens at will. Everything! And it will be at least not worse, for sure!
Necros will be shorter, but not better. While the chicken is fried, the garlic and spices will burn, they should be added at the end of cooking. By the way, mayonnaise, which consists of vegetable oil and egg powder, will also start to burn.
The recipe is great! I want to share my experience: instead of manipulating the pan and water (which I, Krivorukov, always strives to bend or roll over), I used a frying pan, into which I put the heavy “Pancake” from my husband’s dumbbells, which were idle on the balcony. Instead of the pan, you can take a plate. "Pancake" is much heavier than a pot of water. The bird roasted for glory.
Tatiana, the idea with the "pancake" is brilliant)))))
Nina Lisakova 10/27/16
Thank you so much for the recipe. I did nothing myself, but here everything is in the picture and the description is detailed. Chicken is just a class.
Любимейшее блюдо с детства, живу на Северном Кавказе. If you want to cook the chicken very quickly, fry without pickling, and already roasted, hot, rub with garlic-pepper gravy and sprinkle with lemon juice. And the chicken can be of any weight - according to the size of the pan. The main thing - to break the joints and large bones of the bird. While frying the second side, it is worth checking: if, when pressed with a sharp knife, clear juice is released at the joints, the dish is ready.
Elena, thank you very much for sharing your culinary secrets of cooking chicken tobacco)))))))))
thank you for being
Thanks for the recipe, the chicken was a great success! only 30 minutes for my chicken had a lot, kept on each side for 15 minutes
I thought it would turn out to be an ordinary fried chicken, thanks to some miracle (must be Georgian) an incredibly tasty dish was prepared. Chicken tobacco will cook in the future, definitely!
A spicy, spicy pepper pepper and a bottle of good wine is a great option for a romantic dinner. Proven in practice :)))
Thank you very much for the receipt.
The bird turned out delightfully delicate with a crisp. The detailed description of the nuances of cooking helped a lot, thank you very much, I’ll put the recipe in the piggy bank.
In order not to wash the pot afterwards, you can lay a foil under it. And so cool recipe!
In my opinion, the marinating process is superfluous, for those 40-50 minutes of frying and cooking, all the spices have time to get inside, because every 10 degrees of temperature they accelerate the process by 2 times, and we fry around 120-140, which gives acceleration ten times regarding the refrigerator. And what would not burn garlic, they just need to nashpigovat chicken, then the meat will be soaked from the inside entirely. Do not think that this is a difficult recipe, it is very simple in fact, I have been preparing it for 12 years and did not even think that someone finds it difficult.
Grigory, thank you very much for the feedback. Yes, the recipe is simple, but not everyone cooks chicken tobacco since the age of 12)))))) And any new dish, when you cook it for the first time, is difficult))))) That's why I try to write recipes as detailed as possible.
As for shpiken chicken garlic, here, too, has its own subtleties. Yes, the chicken is soaked better, but the meat turns out less juicy, because the meat juice goes through the punctures. And in this case it is necessary to feel very subtle, when to remove the meat from the fire, because An extra couple of minutes on fire can be fatal.
Alena, thank you very much for the recipe, but I’m cooking it for the first time. It turns out amazingly. But each time, re-reading, the question arises: why "in no case is chili"? What is he bad? And then what to take? We live in Mexico, for us chili is just a hot pepper, and then according to the knowledge: poblano, jalapenta, etc.
Elena, in Georgian cuisine, chili pepper is not used. But if you are already accustomed to such a hot pepper, you can use it)))))) But for other people who are not accustomed to such pepper, the dish may not be edible.
Delicious patties with cabbage
Basic rules for cooking tobacco chicken
In order for a dish prepared by you not to become a pathetic parody of the original, you need to follow a few very simple rules:
- The carcass should be small: 700 - 800 grams. It must be well washed, dried and must be marinated, so that as a result you would have very fragrant, tender meat.
- For marinating use numerous seasonings, lemon juice (sometimes vinegar).
- Chicken tapaka in the original version is prepared on a special pan under a rather heavy press cover.
- Since this dish is from Georgian cuisine, it is necessary to eat it with its traditional companions inherent to it: the best sauce for chicken of tobacco is tkemali, it is not bad combined with crushed garlic and always a lot of different fresh greens and vegetables.
Classic chicken tobacco recipe
The correct recipe for chicken tobacco is actually very simple and does not require any special skills.
- 1 small chicken,
- 50 g of ghee,
- 1 lemon,
- 4 garlic cloves,
- creamy spread for frying,
- salt, hops-suneli, freshly ground black pepper.
Description of cooking steps:
- Well washed and dried carcass cut along the brisket. “Fill” the legs in an improvised pocket and give it a flat shape.
- Sprinkle with salt. Mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with spices, finely chopped garlic and melted butter. With the resulting marinade we rub the chicken completely and leave for a couple of hours in a cool place.
- In a skillet, melt the spread and place the marinated chicken back down. We close the top with a special heavy lid (it can be replaced with a regular one by installing something heavy on it). Grilling tobacco chicken under pressure for about 12 minutes on each side.
Cycyla Tapak with Garlic Sprinkle
Many cooks recommend to grease chicken garlic after frying. How tastier - you decide, and we will tell you another step by step classic recipe.
- 1 chicken carcass weighing up to 1 kg,
- cream - 50 ml,
- salt, dry adzhika,
- Oleina for frying,
- 4 garlic cloves,
- 50 ml of vegetable oil,
- 1 tsp hops-suneli,
- a handful of cilantro.
Cooking chicken tobacco step by step:
- Prepare the carcass: wash, dry, cut along the breast in half. To make it more flat - knock a little hammer for chops on the most prominent parts.
- Cream mixed with dry adzhika, with salt and rub the resulting mass from all sides of the bird. Leave for an hour to soak.
- In a well-heated butter add hops-suneli, cilantro, finely chopped garlic and add a little salt. Mix well and give a little brew.
- Grilled tobacco chicken in a frying pan. Pour into it a little vegetable Oleina and lay out the meat back down, press down with a lid and a press. Fry to brown crust from all sides.
- Finished poultry coat with garlic sauce.
Tsitsila Tapak in a special way in the oven
Cooking in a pan - optional. Very appetizing baked chicken turns out. In addition, the recipe in the oven is so simple that even an aspiring cook will cope with it.
- chicken carcass - 700-800 g,
- chili powder - 1 tbsp. spoon,
- 200 ml of cream
- 4 garlic cloves,
- some fat for frying
- salt, allspice ground.
Cooking scheme details:
- We divide the bird in half with one hand. Knead her hands, slightly twisting joints. Wipe completely with salt and chili powder. We give half an hour to lie down.
- Put it on the pan with preheated fat, press it down and fry for 10 minutes on each side.
- We take out the carcass, and in the pan pour the cream, squeeze the garlic, season with spices and add. Put the meat in the resulting sauce and put in the oven for a quarter of an hour at 180 degrees.
- In this way, you can make a bigger chicken, but then it will have to be stewed much longer.
Wine Recipe for Cyclaus Tapac
Thanks to the wine marinade, the chicken is very tender inside.
For this meal you will need:
- 1 bird,
- dry red wine - 1 cup,
- olive oil - 100 ml,
- 1 small garlic head,
- ¼ tsp basil, coriander, saffron, peppermint, paprika.
Diagram of the cooking process at home:
- My carcass, vymakivaem remains of water. Cut it on the breast in half, twist the joints, slightly beat off with a hammer.
- In a bowl, mix wine, finely chopped garlic, fragrant spices and salt. The resulting marinade grease the bird abundantly and wrap it with a film. On top of the bird we install a press and remove it for 12 hours in a cold place. It is clear that it is better to marinate at night.
- At the end of time we remove the film and wrap it in foil. Put the meat in a heat-resistant form and bake for less than an hour.
- Then we get rid of the foil. Grease the form of butter and lay on it gently chicken. We bake about half an hour before the appearance of a crispy crust.
Bit of education
Not everyone knows that the original dish is referred to as tapaka chicken. It is obliged by its name to tapa - a Georgian flat thick-walled frying pan with a heavy lid that ensures a tight fit of the carcass to the bottom. However, the overseas word did not stick with our compatriots, who quickly renamed the delicacy as the usual option.
Despite some linguistic contradictions, it should be noted that this is a chicken roast recipe fried in a special marinade in a frying pan under a press. Therefore, ensuring the availability of these simple components, you can easily prepare this dish.
Necessary grocery set
When choosing a classic method of cooking in a pan, you need to take into account the restrictions on the size of the carcass. That is why it is necessary to take a small chicken, weighing up to one kilogram, and better - up to eight hundred grams.
In addition, you will need:
- a teaspoon of salt,
- for frying: one hundred grams of butter,
- for the marinade: one hundred milliliters of dry white wine or juice of one lemon and two tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- for garlic sauce: four large cloves of garlic, half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, a third of a teaspoon of ground hot red pepper and fifty milliliters of vegetable oil,
- fresh greens.
Today on sale you can find ready-made sets of spices for cooking chicken tobacco. Using them, do not forget to reduce the amount of added salt, as it is already present in the kit.
Stages and secrets of cooking
In order to get not just the usual fried chicken, but the real "Georgian" chicken tapak, you should carefully prepare the bird.
First of all, it should be thoroughly cleaned of the remaining feathers and entrails, rinsed under running water and wipe dry with paper towels.
Then the carcass must be cut through through the midline of the breast and open like a book.
The next step is the main one, without which it is impossible to get a juicy and crunchy chicken. To do this, it must be well flattened and repulsed from two sides. In restaurants, a special press is used for this purpose. At home, a culinary hammer is fine.
Before beating, do not forget to cover the chicken with plastic wrap, otherwise the kitchen cleaning is guaranteed. The main goal of the procedure is to ensure maximum adhesion to the surface of the carcass from its both sides. To do this, you need to carefully crush the joints on the limbs and in the places of their attachment to the body. After that, you need to beat off the whole carcass, softening it and leveling.
On both sides we prepare the prepared chicken with salt and marinade made from one hundred milliliters of dry white wine and two tablespoons of vegetable oil. In the children's recipe alcohol is better to replace the lemon juice. Put the bird in a bowl, cover it with cling film and leave to marinate in the cold for at least an hour. It is better if the chicken rest in the marinade for at least three or four hours. This will allow the meat to be well saturated with flavor.
After that, you should cook the garlic sauce. It will be needed at the end of frying, but it takes time to infuse. In a shallow container, chop the garlic and black pepper, add ground red pepper and fifty milliliters of vegetable oil. Cover the sauce with the lid and leave to "breathe."
Melt the butter in a pan and wait until it boils over high heat. Quickly lay the pickled chicken skin down and press down. As the latter, you can use a pot of water, put on a plate. It is important that the liquid is hot to avoid a temperature difference.
Reduce heat to medium and fry the carcass on one side for twenty minutes, periodically checking its condition. It is important that the skin does not start to burn. At the same time, you should not make the fire too low to prevent meat juice from flowing out.
Carefully remove the pan with water, remembering that it is hot. We turn the chicken to the other side, trying not to damage the skin, repeat the procedure with pressing and fry for fifteen minutes.
It now remains to add a spicy garlic note to the almost finished dish. To do this, remove the pan with water and apply half the cooked garlic sauce to the carcass. Turn the side upside down and fry for a couple of minutes under a press. Repeat the same with the other side.
We recommend not to be lazy and add garlic mixture at the end of frying, and not during the cooking process. Otherwise, instead of savory taste and fragrant smell, you will get unnecessary bitterness.
Finished chicken should be put on a dish, pour the sauce remaining in the pan and garnish with greens. Young boiled potatoes or baked vegetables are perfect as a side dish.
Do you want to please the guests with this delicious dish, but do not know how to cook it for a big company? If you do not have time to fry a few chickens, you can cook a large chicken in the oven.
Ingredients and cooking steps will remain the same. Just pickled carcass should be laid out on a greased baking sheet and press down with heat-resistant dishes with water. For this perfect bowl for the microwave. In some recipes, it is recommended to do without the press, but in this case you will get just a delicious bird, not chicken chicken.
Bake the dish should be in an oven preheated to 250 ° C for 40-60 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken. Finished hot carcass should be poured abundantly with pre-made garlic sauce, making a few punctures in the skin.
As you can see, cooking this delicious dish is a snap. Having tried once, you can easily remember the sequence of actions and be able to regularly indulge yourself and loved ones with this most delicate and delicious recipe.
Tapak Chicken with Tomato Sauce
Home-made chicken is ideal for cooking, as it is much more tender.
- 2 young chickens up to 1 kg in weight,
- ½ tsp black and red pepper
- 1 head of garlic,
- 1 cup of tomato juice,
- basil, paprika, dill to taste,
- 2 tbsp. spoons of olive oil,
- 50 g of melted margarine.
Description of cooking step by step:
- Washed and dried carcasses are divided on the brisket into two parts. With the help of a kitchen hammer break the cartilage. A mixture of salt, black and red peppers is well rubbed into the meat and left for half an hour.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet, squeeze garlic, add basil, paprika, dill. We pour out tomato juice and we cook briefly on very low heat.
- In a pan, heat up the margarine and put chicken wings on it down. Cover with a lid, put some weight on top and fry on one side for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, overturn and lubricate the made sauce. We fry the other side under the load for the same amount of time.
- Ready-made tobacco chickens are served in a sauce with lots of greens.
Grilled Tapak Chicken
This famous dish is perfectly cooked on the grill, which means it is perfect for a picnic.
Products on 1 thing:
- mayonnaise - 100-150 g,
- fresh young greens (basil, oregano, garlic leaves),
- any seasonings you prefer
- Meat should be prepared as usual: wash, dry, cut and lightly beat with a hammer.
- Rub with a mixture of seasonings, salt, aromatic herbs and mayonnaise. We give to marinate for at least an hour under heavy load.
- We put the marinated chicken on the grill and fry on each side for half an hour (maybe a little less). Ready to serve dishes to the table in company with fresh vegetables.
We hope that you have received a complete answer to the question of how to cook chicken tobacco. And since there is nothing complicated here, you can safely proceed to the implementation of the read. And very soon your kitchen will be filled with the unsurpassed aroma of a delicious dish.
Benefit and harm
Due to the presence in the composition of the chicken mass of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, the food:
- promotes weight loss
- relieves physical and nervous tension
- improves mood
- promotes healthy sleep
- restores strength
- strengthens the immune system
- invigorates and tones
- improves skin condition.
The brass chicken of tobacco cannot harm health if it is used without pelt. Toasted peel does not contain nutrients. In this case, chicken tobacco is considered a low-calorie dish. In 100 g of meat product contains 180-200 kcal.
The main secret of food is the size of the carcass, the weight of which should not exceed one kilogram. Wash the bird well, dry it with a towel, cut along the line of the sternum.
Place the chicken carcass on the chopping board with the skin up, then with a force we press the palm on the joints and protruding parts. In this way we try to crush the bones, giving the bird a more flat shape.
Some cooks use a chopping hammer, but it’s better not to do it: the most gentle side of a metal or wooden chopper can damage the delicate fibers of the meat, and this can spoil the quality and overall taste of the dish.
In the next step, prepare the sweet pickle. Pick up spices in a mortar, add herbs (basil, thyme or rosemary).
In a separate bowl, mix the salt and a few chopped garlic cloves, add a little sunflower oil. The result will be a thick assortment, very similar to Georgian adjika. We thoroughly coat the bird with the prepared composition, leave it to marinate for an hour or night.
Для получения обещанного хрустящего цыпленка табака понадобится подходящая посуда для обжаривания. Если в кухонном арсенале имеется специальная сковорода с прессом, это облегчит нашу работу.
При ее отсутствии выстраиваем своеобразную пирамиду. We spread the chicken on the pan with butter (sunflower and creamy in equal proportions), placing the bird skin down. We cover the carcass with a flat plate, we complete our construction with a pan with water that performs the function of oppression.
The process of frying produce on medium heat. Tender meat is cooked very quickly. After 20 minutes the dish can be served to waiting guests.
Cooked tobacco chickens are extremely attractive and appetizingly crispy. Caucasian mistresses spread them with an original pile, sandwiching each carcass with aromatic herbs.
If you add tender Balkar khichins (very thin tortillas with filling) or wonderful Kabardian pies to this meal, it will be extremely difficult to leave such a table!
To prepare a Georgian dish you will need:
- broiler chicken carcass - 1 pc.,
- dry red or semi-dry wine - ½ cent.,
- olive oil - ¼ Art.
- garlic - 5 cloves,
- salt - ½ tbsp. l.,
- basil - ¼ tsp
- paprika - ¼ tsp
- coriander - ¼ tsp,
- dill - ½ tsp,
- mint - ¼ tsp
- Saffron - ¼ tsp
- black pepper - ½ tsp.
If for one reason or another the spices for chicken tobacco are difficult to get, you can replace them with hops-suneli packaging.
- To cook a juicy and fragrant dish, thoroughly wash the young chicken, carefully cut the carcass along the brisket. Then carefully turn out the chicken, cover the carcass with cling film and slightly beat off the hammer on both sides.
- Prepare the marinade: pour fragrant wine into the container, add olive oil, add zapashny spices and chopped garlic, mix the ingredients well until a homogeneous substance is formed.
- Generously grease the broiler chicken with marinade, again wrap the carcass with cling film. Put the young chicken on a dish, put the load (container with water) and send in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Remove the foil from the carcass and wrap the foil around the chicken. Put the meat on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven. Bake the carcass for 40 minutes at a temperature of 180–200 ° C.
- Then remove the half-cooked chicken and remove the foil. Gently grease the form with butter, place the carcass on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
The dish comes from sunny Georgia and is ready for a meal. Serve chicken tobacco with greens and fresh vegetables.
How to cook chicken under the press
To cook a fabulously delicious dish, you need to arm:
- chicken broiler carcass - 1 pc.,
- white dry or semi-dry wine - ½ st.,
- olive oil - ¼ V.,
- butter - 50 g,
- black ground pepper - ½ tsp,
- salt - 1 tsp.,
- grains of mustard - 1 tsp,
- garlic - 5 cloves.
- Wash the broiler chicken and pat dry with napkins. Cut the carcass along the breast. Wrap the chicken film and walk with a hammer.
- Prepare the marinade: pour wine into the container, add olive oil, add salt, pepper, mustard seeds, garlic, thoroughly whisk the ingredients until a homogeneous substance is formed.
- Grease the chicken with the sauce, wrap it with a foil, put it on a flat dish, put oppression on top, for example, a kettle or a saucepan with some water and put it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Grease the preheated pan with butter, put the carcass, cover the meat with a lid or a plate, put a heavy saucepan with water or weight on the container (you can use any other oppression).
- Fry the meat on both sides for 30 minutes.
- Golden bird is ready. Serve fragrant meat made with fresh or baked vegetables and herbs.
Secrets and recipe tips
In order for the amazing dish to captivate both guests and households, cooks advise housewives to take advantage of tricks that will help recreate the breathtaking meat, with savory fireworks exploding in the mouth. So:
- buy chicken weighing 500-800 g (not more),
- beat the carcass with a hammer very carefully so as not to damage the meat,
- do not regret spice
- marinate meat for at least 10 hours
- press the carcass before use with a yoke - a container with water, weights, stones, etc.,
- use a cast iron skillet, if not, arm with thick-bottomed dishes, otherwise the meat will burn,
- fry tobacco chicken in butter only.
Chicken tobacco, seasoned with the warmth of the hostess, is guaranteed to be the signature dish on the holiday table!
Recipe 1: Classic Tobacco Chicken
There are several ways to cook chicken, this is one of the classic options. Chicken rubbed with garlic seasoned, pickled, and then fried in butter. Can be used and baked.
Ingredients: 1 small chicken, a slice (30-40g) of butter.
Marinade: 1 small lemon (juice), black pepper, 4 garlic cloves, salt, hop-suneli (desirable).
Cut the chicken along the abdomen and flatten. Beat off one side and the other with a kitchen mallet.
Prepare marinade: squeeze juice from lemon, squeeze garlic and mix with salt, hops-suneli and black pepper.
Whole chicken thoroughly rub the marinade and let it brew for one hour.
Melt the butter in a pan, lay the chicken on the back and set the load. For example, cover the chicken with an inverted lid from the pan, and put a container of water on top. Fry on each side, depending on the weight of the chicken, from 10-12 to 15-18 minutes.