The wonderful invigorating aroma of lemon is concentrated in the essential oil of the sun citrus fruit.
It is used not only in home cosmetology, but also in traditional medicine. If the product is high-quality, that is, it is not diluted with vegetable oil, it has unique properties and has a beneficial effect on many systems of the body.
Useful properties of lemon ether
To check the quality of the essential oil, you need to let a drop of product dry on a white sheet of paper. Natural, safe for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes, the product dries out completely or leaves a yellowish spot on white paper (the same color as the lemon peel). The low-quality fake will declare itself with a fat oil trace.
The most valuable properties of lemon essential oil are:
By purchasing a bottle of fragrant product, you can get a universal home first aid kit. Lemon ether works well on skin and mucous membranes. It can be inhaled, applied externally and even consumed inside.
Lemon oil treatment
Lemon ether is used in the complex treatment of catarrhal viral diseases. It can be used for inhalation, rinses, lotions, as well as treatment of oral mucosa with periodontal disease and stomatitis.
Lemon essential oil perfectly copes with pustules and herpes, whitens teeth, reduces bleeding gums. It is enough just to add a drop of ether to the brush with toothpaste.
Bright aroma has a beneficial effect on the psycho-emotional sphere:
• relieves depression
• improves attention and ability to concentrate.
The use of lemon essential oil is recommended for symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia. If you are worried about dizziness, headache, constant fatigue, if your hands and feet are constantly cold, and the pressure is low, you can periodically make aroma baths by adding seven drops of money to a full bath of warm water.
The use of lemon essential oil is manifested in its ability to strengthen the vascular walls, thin the blood, that is, to prevent thrombosis and the formation of varicose nodes. If you already have varicose veins, you can apply the product directly to the skin to alleviate the condition. Oil can help against warts, cracks on the heels, eczema, furunculosis, herpes.
Older people can use this property of ether to prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels. For this purpose, the internal use of lemon oil is not prohibited. Enough in a teaspoon of natural honey drip literally two drops of aromatic ether and slowly dissolve (before eating). Such a delicacy normalizes blood pressure, reduces the risk of a sudden heart attack or stroke. Contraindications for lemon essential oil used in this way may be honey intolerance.
The ability of lemon oil to normalize metabolic processes, reduce weight, improve blood composition and generally rejuvenate the body is known. In case of alcohol poisoning or caffeine overdose, lemon scent helps to relieve discomfort. Ether has choleretic and diuretic properties, so it can be used in the treatment of the liver, pancreas, urinary organs.
The indications for using essential oil from lemon are such serious diseases as pulmonary tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, pancreatitis, cirrhosis of the liver, catarrh of the upper respiratory tract. However, only the doctor should include the product in the treatment plan.
The use of lemon essential oil in home cosmetology
The use of lemon essential oil in cosmetology is extremely wide. The product is used for various purposes:
• to whiten skin, nails and teeth (with regular use they become paler and freckles disappear),
• to relieve swelling and treatment of herpes,
• to normalize the work of the sebaceous glands with very oily skin,
• for the treatment of comedones and acne.
If you regularly apply lemon ester on the couperose nets, they will become paler and gradually disappear. As a cosmetic additive, the product fights against skin fat, comedones, and keratosis. Lemon ether perfectly exfoliates, removing the keratinous layer of the skin, stimulates blood circulation, prolongs the period of activity of collagen fibers.
Hand creams containing lemon essential oil not only whiten the nails, but also strengthen them. To do this, mix two drops of ether with a spoon of almond oil and rub into the cuticle. When applying the product on scars, calluses and warts (in its pure form, that is, without diluting it with another oil), the coarse fabric softens, the seams and other cosmetic defects disappear over time.
The unique properties of lemon essential oil are used to restore beauty and health of hair. It is enough to drip three or four drops of the product into the shampoo dose if you need to make the curls shine again or you want to achieve a gradual natural clarification.
To strengthen the hair follicles and get rid of dandruff, you can mix a tablespoon of castor oil with three drops of lemon ether and rub it in the form of a mask into the scalp. Wear a warming cap, wash off after two hours.
How to use lemon essential oil
The use of lemon essential oil is allowed both in undiluted form and in the form of inhalations, masks, compresses. How to do it right:
• add four drops of oil to boiling water for hot inhalation or one or two drops to an inhaler,
• eight drops can be added to the aroma lamp to purify and aromatize the air,
• one drop of ether is enough to dose a cream (mask) for the face,
• to cook aromabahn, you must first add lemon oil (10-15 drops) in 3-4 tablespoons of sea salt, honey, milk or cream. The fact is that the agent itself is not soluble in water,
• To relieve arthritis inflammation, you can mix a few tablespoons of diluted clay with five drops of lemon ether and apply a compress overnight. Warm with foil, then warm clothing.
If you are worried about cellulite, you need to mix grape seed oil (three tablespoons) and fifteen drops of lemon essential oil. There will be no harm from such an amount of concentrated product when applied externally to the area of cellulite.
Lemon essential oil: harm and contraindications
The benefits of lemon essential oil are beyond doubt. Could there be harm from him? When applied topically, do not go out into the bright sun after applying the product to the skin. You can get the strongest photoburn.
Contraindications to the essential oil of lemon is:
• children's age (before the age of three, babies should not be introduced to citrus fruits at all, especially in the concentration of ether),
• allergic to citrus,
• bronchial asthma (sharp odors are contraindicated).
If the skin after burning cosmetic or medicinal product and lemon ether begins to burn, this is a normal reaction. There is no harm from lemon essential oil in this case.
Lemon ether production technology
The oil is made in a cold cycle, the base of the raw material is the skin of citrus fruit. The rind is first crushed, then pressed and sent for infusion.
This procedure allows you to save all the valuable elements, vitamins, organic acids. Unlike the product prepared by heat treatment, the oil is saturated and extremely beneficial to humans.
The sophisticated technology makes it possible to obtain the essential oil of lemon of the highest quality, which is why the cost of the product is quite high.
Some manufacturers prefer to prepare the oil by distillation. The product turns out in the form of an essence, is more often applied to preparation of cocktails.
Lemon distilled oil is inferior in quality (aroma, taste, color) to the ether, which is prepared by means of a cold press.
Lemon Essential Oil Properties
Valuable quality due to production technology. After cooking, all the vitamins remain in the oil, so the ether has a positive effect on the human body.
Before direct use, you need to evaluate the quality of the ether. To do this, drop it on the album sheet of paper, wait for it to dry.
If the product is suitable for use in medicinal purposes, it will leave a barely perceptible yellowish tint. Bad raw materials are distinguished by a greasy oily stain.
The most valuable properties of lemon ether are considered to be the following: regenerating, healing, antiseptic, enhancing immunity, removing bile and water, tonic, bactericidal, anti-inflammatory.
Only 1 bottle with the contained ether is capable to replace many means from the home first-aid kit. Citrus fruit oil perfectly acts on the skin, hair, internal organs. You can use it in the form of inhalations, taken by mouth or applied externally.
Lemon ether in cosmetology
The oil is used in the field of cosmetic orientation more often than in other areas. Lemon Ether has the following effects:
- fights against excessive pigmentation, including age,
- eliminates freckles,
- whitens the face, giving the skin a healthy tone,
- makes teeth lighter (important for smokers),
- removes the yellow shade of the nail plate,
- treats herpes and other similar ills,
- removes puffiness,
- removes excessive oily skin
- has a bactericidal effect on acne and inflammation,
- cleans the pores of black spots
- removes signs of rosacea (vascular nets),
- cleans the epidermis of keratinized skin particles,
- stimulates the production of collagen, eliminating wrinkles,
- fights face peeling because it keeps the water in balance
- softens the cuticle and prevents it from growing.
The listed property list is by no means the entire list. When used correctly, the oil will put in order the fading skin, eliminate couperosis and will not allow it to "grow" again.
Lemon ether softens calluses and natoptysh, treats foot fungus, removes warts. After consulting a doctor, you can use oil to combat psoriasis, eczema and other dermatological problems.
Citrus fruit oil is useful to eliminate the red spots that appeared after acne. Also, the tool partially removes scars and scars, making them less noticeable. Cosmetic defects of a different type disappear more quickly if you regularly lubricate the skin with ether.
The valuable qualities of lemon ether allow the composition to be used to treat problems that concern the hair. It is enough to add 2-3 drops of oil to each portion of shampoo and wash your hair, as usual. Over time, dandruff will disappear, growth will be activated, massive hair loss will disappear. In addition, the composition eliminates excessive greasiness, normalizing the work of the glands.
Many ladies use lemon ether when they want to lighten their hair a little. In this case, the product is mixed with any natural oil and applied as a mask for 2 hours.
Lemon essential oil treatment
- Most often, citrus fruit oil, in particular lemon, is used to treat colds. The product quickly eliminates viral diseases. For the purpose of treatment are inhalations, the imposition of compresses, rinsing. Ether is used to treat the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, if you need to overcome stomatitis or periodontal disease.
- Lemon Ether is an excellent remedy to combat herpes, purulent inflammations, bleeding gums. The composition whitens the teeth without harm to the enamel. This quality is appreciated by smokers and coffee lovers. It is enough to drop ether into a tube of toothpaste or separately on a brush with powder.
- The unique aroma has a positive effect on the human nervous system. Lemon oil can be instilled into the oil burner and enjoy the procedure. So you stabilize the psycho-emotional background, overcome chronic fatigue and indisposition. Therapy allows you to fight depression and apathy, increases the concentration and brain function.
- Lemon ether is recommended for use in vegetative-vascular dystonia, dizziness, migraines and frequent headaches, chronic fatigue, hypotension, slowed blood circulation. In these cases, preparing a bath with the addition of 4-5 drops of ether.
- The value of citrus remedies is due to its main actions - to enhance the enrichment of cells with oxygen, strengthen the walls of the blood channels, thin the blood, arrest the likelihood of thrombosis and varicose veins. When the veins expand with oil, the affected areas are lubricated.
- Older people benefit from taking lemon oil by mouth to reduce the likelihood of cholesterol plaque in their vessels. It is necessary to mix 20 grams. honey with 2 drops of ether, then dissolve half an hour before the meal.
- Lemon oil qualitatively normalizes the metabolic processes in the body, is involved in blood formation, improving its composition. Herbal product reduces excess weight naturally, rejuvenates tissues at the cellular level.
- The use of ether in aromatherapy will help relieve discomfort in alcohol poisoning or an excess of caffeine. When you receive the oil inside you can get rid of ailments associated with the liver, urinary organs and pancreas.
- Ether is in demand in medicine. He has proven himself in the treatment of diabetes, tuberculosis, cirrhosis of the liver, pancreatitis and catarrh of the upper respiratory tract. Keep in mind that a wellness course should only be a specialist.
Bath with lemon essential oil
To eliminate the orange peel cosmetologists recommend regularly take a bath with the addition of lemon oil. The composition smoothes the skin, breaking down fatty compounds.
The result of use is the full resumption of all metabolic processes. You will easily get rid of the hated centimeters in the hips, if you combine cosmetic procedures with physical training.
For the preparation of fragrant baths up to 250 liters. need 8 drops of essential oil. Pre-melt the composition in 40 gr. base oils (corn, almond, etc.). Do not exceed the specified amount, so as not to provoke side effects (burns, rash, burning, etc.).
From stress and excitement
If an important event is coming ahead, for example, an exam, interview, public speaking, take a bath in the morning. Mix 30 gr. foam with 3 drops of lemon ether, dissolve in a cool bath. Take it for 20 minutes, then rinse with contrasting water.
Such manipulations will set you up for a positive wave, give you courage, relieve you of nausea and anxiety, increase your attention and normalize your emotional background.
Lemon baths should not be taken more often 2 times a week.
Lemon oil rules
- Essential oil is allowed to apply in any form. On the basis of the product, health inhalations, cosmetic masks and various compresses are performed.
- If you have airway problems, you need to do the proper procedure. Conducting inhalation in hot water, 2 drops of ether are added to the device.
- When moisturizing and tightening the skin is recommended to mix 1 drop of lemon ether with everyday cream directional. Consider, cosmetic should be of high quality and correspond to the type of epidermis.
- For the adoption of aroma baths, you must prepare a special tool. Connect in a cup 100 gr. sea salt, 14 drops of lemon ether, 95 ml. honey, 80 ml. milk Stir the ingredients and pour into the hot water bath. Enjoy no more than 30 minutes.
Use the product wisely, so you will not encounter side effects. When applying the composition on the skin is not recommended to go out under direct ultraviolet rays. Do not try to give lemon oil to children under 3 years old. The product belongs to strong allergens. The composition is prohibited to use during pregnancy, asthma and idiosyncrasy.
What is useful lemon oil?
The benefits of lemon oil are as follows:
- Antiviral activity helps the human body to cope with influenza viruses, herpes and others.
- Antiseptic and antibacterial effects allow you to destroy bacteria and prevent their reproduction. And lemon oil is an excellent natural disinfectant.
- The product tones, charges with vivacity, contributes to the improvement of efficiency and restoration of the body after suffering severe illnesses.
- Lemon oil has a beneficial effect on the nervous system: eliminates increased nervous excitability, improves sleep, reduces the risk of depression and increases stress resistance.
- There are antispasmodic and analgesic properties, allowing to arrest the pain in different conditions.
- The whitening effect provides alignment of the color of the nail plates, eliminating hyperpigmentation of the skin, giving the skin an even color.
- Лимонное масло полезно при варикозе, атеросклерозе и прочих заболеваниях сосудов, так как укрепляет их стенки, понижает ломкость, предупреждает растяжение.
- При простудных заболеваниях и лихорадочных состояниях будет полезным жаропонижающий эффект, нормализующий температуру тела и устраняющий озноб, жар.
- The product has a mild diuretic effect, removes excess fluid from the body, preventing the formation of edema.
- Oil smooths the skin’s relief, restores its structure, improves elasticity and improves the condition.
- The product can be used for antifungal therapy.
- With the help of lemon oil, you can eliminate the unpleasant smell emanating from the feet or mouth.
- Another useful feature is scaring off insect pests.
- The product promotes wound healing.
How to use lemon oil? It is used in various fields, for example, in medicine in the treatment of diseases, in everyday life, in cosmetology for the care of hair, nails and skin. And there are a few general rules:
- Use high-quality oil purchased in a pharmacy.
- Essential oil is usually applied in diluted form.
- Before use, perform an allergic test: apply a drop on your wrist and watch your skin. If there are no changes, application is allowed.
Use in folk medicine includes different recipes:
- With cough and runny nose, effective inhalation. In a liter of hot water, dissolve 15 drops of oil and breathe above capacity if the body temperature is not elevated. The duration of the procedure is 10 minutes.
- When rinsing the throat with broths, add lemon oil to them: 5-10 drops per cup.
- Mix 5-10 drops of lemon ether with a small amount of olive oil and rub into sore spots: whiskey - for migraines, knees - for pain in the joints.
- It is possible to apply the oil dissolved in purified water to wounds, herpes sores.
- To strengthen the blood vessels and immunity, as well as the removal of excess fluid, add a drop of oil in a half glass of water and drink the drink after each meal (only three times).
Methods of use for hair care:
- After shampooing rinse the curls, adding 7-10 drops per liter of filtered water.
- Apply literally five drops of lemon oil on the comb and proceed to the usual procedure. Curls shine and find a subtle pleasant aroma.
- Make an oil mask, dissolving 10 tablespoons of lemon ether in five tablespoons of burdock oil. Rub the mass into the scalp with massage movements, distribute along the length of the curls.
- You can add a few drops to the store cosmetics and care products: shampoos, conditioners, sprays, balms.
Facial skin care options:
- To eliminate pigment spots and freckles, add 5-10 drops of lemon oil to two tablespoons of yogurt or natural yogurt. Apply the mixture on your face, soak for half an hour and rinse.
- Dilute cosmetic clay with water to a mushy state, add seven drops of lemon oil, apply the composition on your face and wait until it is completely dry, then wash with warm water.
- Add oil in tonic, lotion or gel for washing.
- You can enter the product in almost any homemade masks.
To whiten teeth, you can just drop a little bit of oil (literally a few drops) on toothpaste before brushing your teeth. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after the procedure. In this way, bleach enamel daily for two weeks. Another option is to conduct rinsing with the addition of 1-2 drops.
You can also whiten and smooth your nails if you drop a drop of oil on each plate and rub in liquid. Add the product to the bath for hands or oils used to strengthen the nails.
Oil helps in the fight against cellulite, if you add it to body scrubs, use it when wrapping or mix with base oils and massage movements on problem areas.
To improve the microclimate in the apartment or house, you can conduct aromatherapy sessions daily. To do this, use a specialized oil burner or just drip a few drops on a sponge or cotton pad. Aroma and volatile components will improve breathing, elevate mood, energize, eliminate unpleasant odors in the room, and drive away moths and other insects.
To flavor and give a pleasant citrus flavor lemon oil in small quantities can be added to pastries, mousses, puddings, ice cream, creams, jellies, jams, cocktails and drinks. Also, the product is used for the preparation of marinades. But just a few drops is enough.
Contraindications include individual hypersensitivity and allergy tendency. Use caution during pregnancy and lactation, do not give lemon oil to children at an early age. If any unpleasant symptoms occur, discontinue use.
Let lemon oil help strengthen your health and find beauty!
The raw material for the finished product is fresh lemon peel. Natural essential oil of lemon is produced using the method of cold pressing.
Currently, different mechanisms are used for this, but the product of the best quality is obtained by manual pressing. The prepared raw material is squeezed out, and the result of this process is an essential oil containing a small amount of juice. The resulting composition is settled until the essential oil of lemon, whose properties are widely known enough, does not rise to the surface, from where it is removed.
Is it possible to get at home?
Nothing is impossible. At home it is quite possible to get a small amount of a good quality product. The most accessible mechanism for this is a new garlic masher (that is, one that has never been used for its intended purpose). Before proceeding with the “production process”, it is worth making sure that there are no special ingredients on the fruits of the lemons, which are sometimes used to protect fruits from premature spoilage during long-term storage. If this is not done, then the essential oil of lemon, the properties of which will not correspond to those declared due to the presence in the composition of foreign components, will be unsuitable for consumption.
The main components of lemon oil
Quite a large multi-component characterized by essential oil of lemon. Its composition includes such substances as citral and citronellal, limonene, linalool and linalyl acetate, pinene, geraniol, camphene. All these components are generally considered to be fragrant compounds and are used mostly as flavors in the perfumery and food industry. Citral, in addition, has anti-inflammatory properties, is used as an antiseptic and lowering blood pressure means, is included in the composition of medicines for the treatment of eyes.
But linalool, part of the essential oil of lemon, reviews of experts characterize not very positively. This substance, often included in the composition of shampoos, conditioners, soaps and other detergents, can provoke eczema and a lot of other allergic manifestations in people.
Quite unique effects are known that the essential oil of lemon has. The properties and its application to combat viral and respiratory infections will allow a person to feel for himself the bactericidal, antiseptic and disinfecting effects of the lemon “doctor”. It is permissible to use it to reduce the temperature and fight against viruses. The oil can also effectively stimulate the immune system. Anti-rheumatic, anti-edema, diuretic and tonic effects of essential oils are well known to specialists. Regular intake of oil can reduce cholesterol in the blood and lower blood pressure, have an antitoxic and hemostatic effect, positively manifest itself in varicose veins and cellulite.
Among other things, the substance has a bleaching, analgesic and antispasmodic effects.
The aromatic properties of lemon oil are by no means the only usefulness, so to speak, of this substance. In the course of conducting various kinds of scientific research, it was revealed that slowing down the action of the enzyme elastase is one of the possibilities that the essential oil of lemon has. Properties and its application to preserve the elasticity and elasticity of the skin will delay the time of appearance of wrinkles and other signs of apparent wilting. This healing substance stimulates the growth of new nerve cells, helps to tone the skin with signs of aging.
Further, it is very effectively possible to apply lemon essential oil for oily skin, since it can lead to the normal process of sebum secretion, clean and narrow pores. However, do not think that for people with different skin this substance is useless. A wide range of effects of "lemon" oil allows you to use it for the skin of any type.
Lemon essential oil has an excellent antiviral effect. Reviews of specialists bring to the attention of consumers information about a persistent positive effect in the treatment of diseases such as chicken pox, measles, herpes, influenza-like infections, viral hepatitis.
Vegetative-vascular dystonia and food poisoning, diseases of the oral cavity (periodontal disease, stomatitis), metabolic disorders in the body, kidney stones and gall bladder, obesity and cellulitis, rheumatism and arthritis - with all these diseases essential lemon oil as a component of complex therapy will be quite effective.
In addition, lemon essential oil is often used to lighten hair, to treat brittle hair and nails, to get rid of dandruff, all sorts of pigment spots and freckles, and the vascular network on the surface of the skin. A good positive effect will give the use of oil with furunculosis, warts, lichen and cracks in the skin. The use of lemon oil will help to normalize blood count and get rid of dizziness, nausea and fatigue.
Are there any contraindications?
As with any not only medicinal, but also cosmetic substance, there are contraindications for such a remedy as lemon essential oil. Properties and its application without prior study instructions can lead to the development of a negative effect when used (for example, when outdoors in cloudless weather). The reason lies in the ability of the oil to increase the sensitivity of the skin to the effects of UV radiation. In its pure form, it is undesirable to use the substance; it is better to do this in a mixture with natural creams, oils of plant origin, or products obtained at home. An exception can be made only in the process of treating skin diseases such as warts, versicolor or herpes. In these cases, a drop of pure oil is applied to the affected area, trying to avoid contact with healthy skin.
It is unacceptable to use essential lemon oil in the process of passing a course of chemotherapy. Well, individual hypersensitivity to the components that make up the substance is a natural contraindication for the use of essential oil.
In modern cosmetology, lemon essential oil is very widely used, the properties and use of which help to achieve a positive effect in solving a variety of skin problems.
If skin care is carried out regularly and using natural plant oils, then it makes sense to add no more than 2 drops of lemon oil to one tablespoon of base.
As mentioned earlier, it can be used by people with any type of skin. The only question is, to achieve what result a person seeks. For example, to effectively care for oily skin, experts recommend using grape seed oil, in which a few drops of lemon are added.
If the skin is already showing signs of wilting and wrinkles, lemon oil (a few drops) is injected into any of the following oils: peach, olive, coconut, castor, rosehip or avocado oil.
In case the skin is dark and it is required to give it a slightly lighter shade, lemon essential oil is clarified by adding a few drops of it to sea buckthorn oil.
You can also mix lemon oil with homemade creams and face masks (the ratio of a single dose of cream to the number of drops of lemon oil is 1: 1).
Homemade face masks
For those who are fond of hand-made preparation of various cosmetics, the information that it is permissible to enter no more than 2 drops of lemon oil is also important. Even if currently there are no problems with the skin, a mask with lemon essential oil, used regularly, will help to postpone for an indefinite time the moment of manifestation of the first signs of fading. In general, there are a great many recipes for masks using lemon oil.
Here and the solution to problems with oily skin, and anti-aging masks for skin with signs of wilting, and masks to improve the complexion and compositions for lightening freckles.
Healthy hair is an indicator of the health of the whole body.
Among consumers there is a perception that if you use lemon essential oil to lighten hair, then after a few sessions they will become not only lighter, but will be smooth and shiny. Blondes after several sessions of hair rinsing with the addition of lemon oil will be pleasantly surprised by the appearance of a platinum shade. The easiest way to strengthen hair is that every day, after washing your hair, you need to put on the comb a few drops of essential lemon oil and carefully comb your hair.
To achieve a more pronounced and lasting effect, hair masks can be used (as well as for the face).
The most popular hair mask recipe
Lemon essential oil recipes help to quickly achieve positive results, they are known to a large number of consumers. In order to stimulate hair growth, strengthen the roots and get rid of dandruff, the following composition is used: castor and almond oils (2 and 1 tablespoons, respectively) and lemon oil (3 drops). The mixture obtained from these components is heated in a water bath and rubbed into the scalp. Then they put on a plastic cap and cover the head with a towel for a quarter of an hour. Then everything is washed off.
Other uses for lemon oil
Currently widely used lemon essential oil for nails. Prevention and treatment of fungal and other lesions, nutrition of the nails and their moisturizing, giving a healthy color - all this is within the power of lemon oil. Daily baths, which add a few drops of lemon oil, make the nail plate lighter, give it a well-groomed appearance. The course of therapy should be 7 days.
Baths can be done once a week, but then the course should last 2-3 months, after which you need to take a break. Apply lemon essential oil to nails according to a different scheme (more often and longer) is impossible, otherwise the nail plate will dry out, deplete, cracks and exfoliating areas may appear on it. Lemon oil not only has a beneficial effect on the nails themselves, but also softens the skin around them, improves its condition, and stimulates the process of regeneration of skin cells in the skin.
Another area in which lemon essential oil is applied is the bath. Steam baths with the addition of this substance are effective for colds (nose will breathe very soon), have a tonic effect, cure wounds and rashes on the body, improve blood circulation.
Since the oils (and lemon including) do not dissolve in water, they are first mixed with sea salt, honey, cream, natural yogurt. To take a bath (time - 15 minutes, the temperature is not more than 38 degrees) will be enough 10-15 drops of oil.
Domestic use options
Use lemon essential oil for hair (reviews of the results are impressive), nails, skin (in cosmetology) - this, of course, a lot, but not all. Lemon oil is an effective tool that can prevent the spread of infection in the home where there is a patient. Aroma lamp or a few drops, sprayed with water, will protect the inhabitants of the house from infection.
A positive effect will be obtained in the fight against moths and ants. A cushion soaked with 10-15 drops of lemon essential oil will make the insects look for another place “to live”.
Lemon essential oil for skin care
The pleasant aroma and healing properties of lemon oil allow it to be used in cosmetology. In one study, scientists discovered the ability of lemon oil to slow down the body's action of the enzyme elastase, which breaks down elastin and collagen fibers and worsens the condition of the skin. The enzyme adversely affects the elasticity and firmness of the skin, which leads to its aging and the appearance of wrinkles. This scientific study has proven the effectiveness of lemon oil to slow down the aging process of the skin and prevent wrinkles.
Effect of lemon oil on the skin of the face:
- increases the tone of the fading skin of the face,
- smooths fine lines,
- tightens and cleans pores, regulates sebum secretion,
- fixes a problem with black dots
- discolorates age spots and freckles,
- смягчает огрубевшую кожу.
Лимонное масло обладает свойством увеличивать чувствительность кожи к ультрафиолетовому излучению. Поэтому его использовать для ухода за лицом рекомендуется в вечернее время, чтобы избежать нежелательных реакций и ожогов.
Никогда не используйте для косметических процедур эфирное масло в чистом виде. It is recommended to dilute it with natural creams, vegetable oils and other skin care products.
It is mixed with natural oils at the rate of 2 drops of lemon oil per 1 tablespoon of base liquid. A good effect for narrowing the pores on oily skin is a mixture with grape seed oil. To eliminate the pigmentation and whitening of the skin of the face perfect mix with sea buckthorn oil. For sluggish wrinkled skin, a mixture with peach, olive, coconut, avocado or rosehip oil will be used.
You can add lemon oil in homemade creams or face masks. In the prepared single portion of the cream, add 1 drop of essential oil. This will give the cosmetic the ability to prevent skin aging.
Lemon oil for hair care
A large amount of vitamin C in the composition of lemon oil makes it a valuable hair care product. Vitamin C is essential for healthy hair growth. Essential oil for hair is used in a mixture with natural vegetable oils.
A head massage with neutral vegetable oil with the addition of 2 drops of lemon essential oil helps to restore hair. This procedure is able to stabilize the pH of the skin and normalize the secretion of sebum. And, as a result, to solve the problem with oily hair, eliminate itching and dandruff.
Mask for restoring brittle hair with lemon oil
Split ends, brittle hair can be cured with a mask using lemon oil. To do this, a mixture of lemon and olive oil massage the scalp. Then wrap the head with a wet towel for half an hour. After that, the hair mask is well washed off with shampoo with conditioner. Do this procedure for hair 2 or 3 times a week.
Use of lemon oil for weight loss and against cellulite (VIDEO "Lemon essential oil: 10 main properties")
Lemon oil has excellent anti-cellulite properties. It is especially effective for weight loss with a sharp decrease in weight, because lemon oil prevents the appearance of stretch marks. Massage, aroma bath, wrapping - these procedures will help you quickly get rid of excess weight and cellulite. If they are carried out using lemon oil, this greatly increases their effectiveness for losing weight.
Lemon oil bath
Bath with the addition of lemon oil relaxes and soothes. It also helps to normalize the metabolism in the body, eliminate toxins and improves lymph flow. The skin after aroma bath is toned and rejuvenated. In general, the active processes occurring in the body during this procedure contribute to weight loss and cellulite reduction.
The duration of the aroma bath is 25 minutes. The regularity of the procedure - 1-4 times a week. Water temperature - 38-40 degrees.
To prepare aroma baths, 3 to 5 drops of essential oil are mixed with 1 tbsp. l bases (honey, sea salt, milk, cream, dry wine), and then added to water. A good effect for weight loss is the use of mixtures of various essential oils.
For example, a bath with fennel oil (1 drop), lemon (1 drop) and juniper (1 drop) helps against fat deposits. Lemon aroma bath is excellent against cellulite. For its preparation, take 2 drops of cypress oil, juniper oil and mix them with 3 drops of lemon oil.
Lemon oil massage
Massage with lemon essential oil improves blood flow and metabolic processes in the skin. As a result, skin cells are cleaned of toxins and excess fluid, and regeneration processes begin to go at full speed. For massage, you can use self-prepared anti-cellulite cream. To prepare it, 5 drops of lemon oil are added to body milk (3 tablespoons).
Honey massage with aromatic oils
Good result gives honey massage with essential oils. It is carried out with a mixture of honey (1 tsp) and lemon, orange, lavender and juniper oil (2 drops of each oil). The mixture is applied to the problem area of the body and rubbed with strong arm movements. Massage is best done after a bath.
Lemon oil wraps
Wraps with lemon oil help to effectively and quickly get rid of cellulite. Before the procedure, the skin is cleaned with a body scrub. Then the problem mixture is applied to the problem areas, wrapped with plastic wrap and covered with a blanket for half an hour. A week is recommended to wrap 2-3 times. Especially good results are obtained when wrapped with mixtures of lemon and other aromatic oils.
- Stir 3 tbsp. l a solution of apple cider vinegar in water (ratio 1/1) with rosemary, lemon and mint essential oils (2 drops each)
- Add to 2 tbsp. l honey 5 drops of lemon oil,
- Combine 10 drops of base vegetable oil with 4 drops of lemon oil.
When used properly, lemon aromatic oil will give you its healing properties and help to maintain attractiveness and health.
What is useful lemon essential oil?
Often, lemon oil is used to reduce pressure and stimulate the heart and blood vessels. It is effective in:
- vascular dystonia,
- anxiety and agitation,
The composition of lemon oil
This natural product is obtained by pressing the peel of slightly immature fruits due to the method of cold pressing or steam distillation. To make a kilogram of butter, you will need more than sixty kilograms of yellow fruit peel. The composition of lemon oil includes:
- linalyl acetate,
Lemon oil properties and application in cosmetology
Our ancestors also knew how to use lemon essential oil. This amazing natural product is the source of such properties as:
- wound healing
Cosmetologists often advise to use oil in order to improve important processes in the skin and normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands, reducing the manifestation of rosacea. Effective natural product and in the treatment of acne and dermatitis. Many women who have used it say that the core has noticeably strengthened and the condition of brittle strands has improved, dandruff has disappeared, the amount of yellow pigment has decreased. Base oils enriched with lemon oil can make the nail plate stronger and eliminate delamination.
Lemon oil for face
Experts warn that the use of lemon oil for the face is undesirable before going out, and especially when a lot of sun, and before sunbathing. It can increase the skin's sensitivity to ultraviolet and, as a result, cause unpleasant reactions. For this reason, the natural product is recommended for use at night or in cloudy weather.
This natural product is not used in pure form. To care for the face, it should be used exclusively in mixtures with vegetable oils, daily creams and other homemade cosmetics. If a woman regularly applies natural plant-based oils during skin care, then you can add lemon oil to them.
Lemon facial mask
- lemon oil - two drops,
- base oil - 1 tbsp.
Preparation and use:
- Connect the components.
- Apply the prepared mixture with a non-greasy layer on the face in the morning and evening.
This unique ingredient can be suitable for all skin types. For those with oily skin and enlarged pores, the perfect combination of lemon oil and grape seed oil. For women with sluggish skin, a mixture of rose hip, peach, coconut, avocado and lemon oil is suitable. Those who want to whiten the skin can add a natural product to sea buckthorn oil.
Lemon oil for hair
This healing product has many vitamins and microelements in its composition; therefore, it is capable of a complex effect on the hair, strengthening it from the very roots. In addition, lemon oil for hair is a real lifesaver, because:
- able to nourish hair bulbs,
- can stimulate the blood supply to the scalp,
- promotes hair growth
- takes part in the absorption of nutrients by the body,
- able to enhance the processes of healthy hair growth,
- removes impurities of the head surface
- combats hair loss and seborrhea,
- heals microscopic cracks.
A natural product can suit every type of hair. To please the result of the use of ether, it is necessary to use it twice a week in the form of masks for hair, massages or aromatherapy. In addition, the essential product is added to your favorite shampoos and balms. Each lady can prepare hair care products from the comfort of her home.
Scalp Massage Oil
- lemon oil - five drops,
- burdock (apricot or olive) - 1 tbsp. l
Preparation and use:
- The base ingredient is slightly heated.
- Add lemon oil to the base oil.
- Stir all ingredients.
- To moisten fingertips with the prepared mix and massing to rub in roots.
- The procedure should last for fifteen minutes.
- It is recommended to do massage twice a week.
Nail lemon oil
Many women of fashion have heard about the benefits of lemon oil for nails. If you use different trays and masks with the addition of a natural product for nails, you can cope with many disadvantages. One of the problems of the fair sex is brittle nails. Beauticians recommend to prepare a healthy bath, which will help make your nails beautiful and strong.
Bath from brittle nails
- citrus oil - 1 tsp,
- burdock oil - 3 tbsp. l
Preparation and use:
- All components connect.
- A vessel with oils should be put in a water bath, heated.
- The vessel must be removed from the heat and fingers thrown into it.
- Wait fifteen minutes.
- After a quarter of an hour, hands are taken out and wiped.
- Such procedures do no more than once a week.
Lemon Whitening Oil
Most modern teeth whitening products contain many substances that can harm enamels. As a result, along with a beautiful Hollywood smile, a person can get hypersensitive. Negatively affects such whitening and gum health. Often, dentists can hear about the fact that lemon oil is very useful for teeth. The popularity of this method is due to its safety.
- lemon oil - one drop,
- tea tree oil.
- In a toothpaste add a drop of lemon ingredient and tea tree oil.
Rinsing for teeth
- clear water - ½ cup,
- lemon oil - two drops.
Preparation and use:
- Combine water and ether product.
- All ingredients must be mixed.
- Rinse your mouth with mouth water after normal tooth brushing.
- Apply the remedy for two or three weeks.
Slimming lemon oil
Often beautiful ladies use lemon oil for weight loss in different ways, making with an essential product:
- warming masks,
Inhalation with an aroma lamp
- Lemon oil is dripping in the aroma lamp.
- Thanks to the inhalation of aroma, metabolic processes can be activated and the emotional background can be normalized.
- If there is no individual intolerance, you can apply aromatic treatments three times a week.
Indications for use of lemon oil
Often, leading healthy people are interested in how lemon oil has application. This essential product can be used if available:
- sore throats
- joint damage,
- varicose vein lesions.
Cold lemon oil
The natural product is effective in treating colds, as it has not only antiseptic, but also bactericidal action. Often used lemon oil for a cold. At the same time, aromatherapy is often used for air disinfection and useful inhalations are made. It is important not to forget about the fact that children, the elderly and expectant mothers need to reduce the dosage due to the special sensitivity of the body to the means.
Inhalation with a cold
- lemon essential oil - 2-3 drops,
- hot water - one glass.
- Combine the ingredients.
- The procedure is carried out for the first time no more than three minutes, and over time, the duration should be increased.
- After inhalation, you should stay home and eliminate physical exertion.
- You need to do the procedure for one week.
- citrus oil - 2 drops,
- eucalyptus oil - 2 drops,
- tea tree oil - 2 drops,
- water - half a glass.
Preparation and use:
- Turn on the aromatic lamp.
- Add essential oils to the bowl of water.
- Breathe for half an hour three times a day.
- Apply aromatherapy throughout the week.
Lemon oil for herpes
Citrus-based essential product is used in the treatment of shingles, headache, varicose veins, sprains and bruises. Traditional medicine says that the essential oil of lemon for herpes is an excellent remedy. Cold compresses will help to get rid of unpleasant rash on lips. Anyone can prepare them at home. Such an effective tool very quickly please the results.
Cold herpes compress
- undiluted lemon oil - 7 drops.
- Cotton fabric soak in the essential oil.
- Apply the cloth with oil to the lip and hold it for 15-20 minutes.
- Compress should be put at least three times a day until the signs of the disease disappear.
Lemon oil for kidney stones
Often people suffering from kidney disease are interested in how useful the product is and how to use lemon oil. Traditional medicine is known how to use lemon oil. In this case, an important condition is the absence of an allergy to the citrus ethereal product. This method will appeal to anyone who has stones in the kidneys.
Drinks with kidney stones
- lemon oil - 2 drops (for one day).
- Add lemon oil, one drop twice a day after a meal in milk, tea.
- Take three weeks.
- If there is a need for this, the course can be repeated twice with a break between them a week.