If you have a holiday or just want something unusual for tea, then try to make a bright and amazingly delicious cake “Grouse's Nest”.
What is this cake?
Who, when and where he came up with such an unusual dessert is unknown, and it’s clear that he has become one of the most beloved ones. "Grouse's Nest" is a multi-component cake consisting of floury baked balls with nut filling (they play the role of eggs), icing and sour cream. Such a dessert looks impressive, but cooking it is actually not as difficult as it may seem at first glance.
What is required for cooking?
To make this amazing dessert, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
For the test:
three glasses of flour,
a glass of sugar
one or two tablespoons of natural honey,
half a pack of butter (100 grams),
half a cup of peanuts or other nuts, such as almonds, cashews,
a teaspoon of soda (you can use baking powder).
To prepare the glaze:
about 300 ml of fat and thick sour cream,
half a glass of sugar
four to five tablespoons of cocoa,
50 or 70 g butter.
a glass of fat and thick sour cream,
2/3 cup of granulated sugar
vanilla sachet optional
How to cook an unusual cake "Grouse's Nest"? The process can be divided into several stages, and each will be discussed below.
To cook the dough, you must first break the eggs into a bowl and beat them well with a mixer. Then gradually add sugar, continuing the process of beating. Now rub the butter on a grater (to make it easier, you can pre-send it to the freezer). Mix everything again, and then begin to add flour to this composition. Also at this stage you should add honey and soda, quenched with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Replace the dough with your hands, it should turn out to be elastic and soft, but at the same time rather dense.
Forming and baking balls
Make small cakes out of dough, put one nut in the center of each one, then form balls, these will be wood grouse eggs. Place them on a parchment (it can be greased with butter) on a baking sheet and bake in an oven at 190 degrees for about twenty or twenty-five minutes to turn light brown.
Preparation of cream and glaze
To make a glaze, add sugar and cocoa into sour cream, put this mixture on the slowest fire and wait until the cocoa is completely dissolved. Next, add the butter, stir everything thoroughly again.
You can immediately prepare the cream. To do this, simply mix the sour cream with sugar and vanilla. If you beat the mixture, do this for a short time and at the minimum speed of the mixer, otherwise the consistency will become too liquid.
And finally, the final stage - the formation of the cake. Prepare a tray. Take the balls, dip them in a warm dark glaze and put them in one layer to make a circle. This will be the bottom of the nest. Next, dip the balls and lay them on the bottom edge to form the walls. The nest is ready.
Go to the formation of simulated eggs. To do this, lower the remaining balls into white cream cream and lay a slide in the ready nest. When the cake is ready, you can pour the white balls on top with the remaining cream. Dessert send in the refrigerator for an hour or two, so that he froze, and then serve.
For the decoration of the cake, you can use coconut chips, chocolate chips, cinnamon, cocoa and so on. Moreover, it is better to decorate the nest with dark ingredients, and the eggs themselves - light to support the overall concept of the dessert.
A few final recommendations:
The simplest and most popular recipe was described above, but you can make your own changes. So, sour cream can be replaced with cream or custard, but still it is better to use liquid, which will saturate the dough balls and make them softer.
To make the balls more tender, you can literally leave them in a glaze or cream for half a minute.
The smaller the components of the cake (that is, the nest and egg pieces), the more interesting the finished dessert will be.
To bake the balls were more like eggs, after cooking, give them the correct oval shape, cutting off all the excess with a knife. But act carefully, otherwise the dough will fall apart.
It is important that the cake is well soaked in icing and cream, so do not serve it immediately, but keep it in the fridge.
- 1 chicken fillet
- 150-200 grams of pickled champignons
- 3 eggs
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 processed cheese
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise spoon
- 1 tbsp. spoon of sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- greens (parsley, green onions)
- vegetable oil
Salad "Grouse Nest"
First boil chicken fillet and eggs. Boil fillets from the moment of boiling for 25-30 minutes, and eggs - 10 minutes.
Now prepare the potatoes - thanks to him the salad and get the desired appearance. Peel the potatoes and grate them on a coarse grater. If you have a grater for Korean carrots, rub the potatoes with it.
Place the potatoes on a paper towel and blot it so that excess moisture is gone and the pieces do not stick together during the frying process.
Pour a thick layer of oil into the pan. When the oil is well warmed, fry the potatoes in it in small portions, stirring a little - so each slice will float by itself. It is necessary to fry until golden brown.
When the potatoes are ready, place them on a plate covered with a paper towel or napkin so that they absorb excess oil.
Boil the eggs with cold water and let them cool, then peel off the shell and separate the whites from the yolks.
Mash yolks with a fork. Add to them grated processed cheese grated on the smallest grater. To make it easier to rub the cheese, put it in front of it for 30-40 minutes in the freezer.
Finely chop greens. Pour half of the chopped greens to the yolks, and also add 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise.
Mix well. It should turn out to be viscous, because it is from it that the “wood-grouse” eggs will be made. Wet your hands slightly and roll oblong balls out of the mass. Put them on a plate and send them in the cold so that they grab a little.
Now dice the ingredients for the salad itself: chicken fillet, mushrooms, cucumber and egg whites.
Prepare the sauce for dressing salad: mix mayonnaise, sour cream, finely chopped garlic and a little salt with pepper to taste. Season with salad dressing.
Place the salad on a large dish, giving it the shape of a flattened hill.
Top over the outer edge of the salad cling to the salad with roasted potatoes.
Center the salad "Grouse Nest" sprinkle the remaining greens and put there a few eggs made from yolks and cheese. Serve the remaining "eggs" on a separate plate - let each of the guests try.
- Chicken 200 Grams
- Ham 50 Grams
- Marinated champignons 200 grams
- Egg whites 3 Pieces
- Potato 3 Pieces
- Mayonnaise To taste
- Salad leaves To taste
- Salt, pepper To taste
- Processed cheese 100 grams
- Egg Yolks 2 Pieces
- Garlic 2 teeth
- Dill greens. 1 Bundle
Peel and chop the potatoes for a Korean carrot. Fry in a pan until golden brown.
Boil chicken and cut into small slices. Ham cut into strips. Cut the champignons into cubes. Boil eggs, separate the proteins and rub them on the grater.
Prepare the ingredients for eggs. Yolks and melted cheese grate on a coarse grater. Wash greens and chop finely. Garlic skip through the press.
Mix egg yolks, cheese, herbs and garlic. Add some mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly.
Form eggs from this mass.
Wash the lettuce leaves, dry them and place them on the bottom of a flat plate.
In a separate container, mix chicken, ham, mushrooms, proteins, mayonnaise and mix well.
On the lettuce leaves put the resulting mass in the form of a nest with a recess in the middle.
Decorate the salad in the form of a nest with fried potatoes. Put the eggs in the hole.
Decorate with greens and serve. Enjoy your meal!
Salad Cooking Grouse Nest
It will be useful for any hostess to know how to make a salad Grouse's nest to please relatives and gathered guests for a holiday. This attractive tasty dish will be a spectacular decoration of the table. The design is distinguished by an unusual appearance, resembling a natural wood-grouse habitat. Modern cuisine has many recipes: chicken is replaced by veal, beef, ham. The crunchy texture of the treat is considered an important detail, so the preparation of potatoes is important. It needs to be dried before processing, cut very thin and fry portions.
Salad Grouse Nest - Step-by-step recipes with photos
The most famous salad recipe The capercaillie nest includes French fries, cut into thin strips, a fennel and cheese pillow, quail eggs. It turns out very effectively looking at the photo and in life delicacy. Variations are the addition of mushrooms, sprats, cabbage, chips. This is an acceptable dietary dish, because it contains carrots and sour cream instead of mayonnaise.
A classic recipe for salad Grouse nest with chicken is considered the option of using bird fillet to impart a noble taste. The resulting spectacular dish will delight everyone and decorate the holiday table. The balls in this recipe are easily made from whole boiled quail eggs, cheese koloboks, or made in proportion to 3 yolks 150 g of meat pate.
- chicken fillet - half a kilo,
- potato - half a kilo,
- fresh cucumbers - 0.25 kg,
- onion –100 g,
- eggs - 5 pcs.,
- parsley with dill - a bunch,
- garlic - 3 cloves,
- yolk - 3 pcs.,
- Processed cheese - 1 pc.,
- mayonnaise - 100 g
- Boil fillets, cool, chop. Shred onions, pour boiling water for 10 minutes, drain the liquid, rinse with cold water.
- Cut potatoes into small strips, deep-fry until browning.
- Cucumbers cut into strips, separate boiled proteins from yolks, finely rub, chop greens.
- Mix half of the potatoes with proteins, fillet, onion and cucumber, salt and mix with mayonnaise.
- Cheese with yolks, large rub, mix with a piece of greens and garlic, mayonnaise, form balls.
- Arrange the dish: in a circle - the second part of the potato, in the center - the greens, on top - the balls.
Salad is a capercaillie nestled with mushrooms - pickled ingredients give spiciness to flavor and rich aroma. The recipe also uses ham, which in combination with chicken makes the dish more juicy. A variant of making balls will be using hard cheese instead of melted cheese, which will give a brighter original flavor.
- chicken fillet - 0.2 kg
- ham - 50 g,
- marinated champignons - 200 g,
- egg - 3 pcs.,
- potatoes - 3 pcs.,
- hard cheese - 100 g,
- garlic - 2 cloves,
- mayonnaise sauce –100 g,
- salad leaves - 3 pcs.
- Potato thinly cut into strips. Put in pan with butter, fry without stirring on high heat until golden brown.
- Boil fillets, split into fibers or cut into cubes.
- Ham shred thin straws, mushrooms - slices.
- Separate boiled proteins and yolks.
- Largely rub yolks, mix with finely grated cheese, chopped greens and crushed garlic. Fasten the mass with mayonnaise sauce to viscosity, dazzle the balls.
- Lettuce leaves to lay the bottom of the plate.
- Mix fillet, mushrooms, ham, coarsely grated squirrels, mayonnaise sauce.
- Decorate with french fries with imitation nests, decorate with cheese balls and greens.
With quail eggs
The recipe for the salad of the capercaillie with quail eggs is considered famous because it has an unusual taste and a more natural look. Pickled cucumbers are well combined with chicken, give the salad an excellent taste and festive decoration. The right dish crunches when consumed, impresses with its appearance, similar to the real capercaillie nest in the photo and in life.
- chicken breast - 1 pc.,
- pickled cucumbers - 4 pcs.,
- potatoes - 4 pcs.,
- quail eggs - 20 pcs.,
- mayonnaise - package
- salad leaves - 3 pcs.,
- greens - a bunch.
- Boil the breast, cut into strips. Chop cucumbers into pieces, julienne potatoes.
- Fry the potatoes in butter in portions, divided into 2 parts - one for decoration, the second for the salad mass.
- Eggs boil, peel, cut into half, leave half intact for decoration.
- All ingredients mix, season with mayonnaise.
- Put on lettuce leaves, form a nest from a part of potatoes, lay out whole eggs on top, decorate with greens.
Very unusual salad turns out Grouse Nest salad with cabbage, which is used in a fermented form. Due to the sharpness and piquancy of taste, the dish becomes more original, and the brightness of its ingredients gives a fresh look to the snack, which looks good in the photo. Preparing a delicacy is easy if you follow the simple step-by-step recipe and keep the proportions of the products.
- potatoes - 0.3 kg,
- sauerkraut - 0.2 kg,
- carrots - 0.1 kg,
- egg - 2 pieces,
- Processed cheese - 1 pc.,
- vegetable oil - 100 ml,
- mayonnaise - bag
- salt - 2 pinches.
- Cut potatoes into strips. Fry 6 minutes in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Boil carrots, cut into strips. Boiled for 10 minutes chopped proteins, mix with potatoes, carrots, cabbage, salt, fill with half the volume of mayonnaise.
- To form from the mass of a bird's nest on a plate.
- 1 yolk finely rub, mix with cheese and a third of the remaining mayonnaise, roll the balls. Each ball dip in mayonnaise, then in the remaining chopped yolk, put on top of the mass.
All your favorite layered salads are very popular at holiday parties. The Nest of the Wood-Grouse, which has been loved by many hostesses, can be transformed into such a layered look, so that it is easier to eat. In the context of the dish looks very nice due to the contrast and a combination of shades of layers. The combination of two types of eggs - chicken and quail - gives it a piquancy.
- chicken fillet - 0.36 kg,
- potatoes - 0.28 kg,
- quail egg - 4 pcs.,
- chicken egg - 4 pcs.,
- pickled cucumber - 0.22 kg,
- onion - 120 g,
- hard cheese - 120 g,
- Processed cheese - 1 pc.,
- dill - a bunch,
- vegetable oil - 1.5 cups,
- mayonnaise - package
- sugar - 5 g,
- vinegar - 30 ml,
- water - ½ cup,
- salt - 6 g
- Rinse the fillet, put in warm water, cook for 2/3 hours until soft.
- Boil chicken eggs for 10 minutes, quail eggs - 2 times less.
- Bulbs cut into half rings, potatoes into strips.
- In a deep fryer, fry potato straws on hot oil, salt.
- Onions marinated with a mixture of vinegar, water, sugar, salt. Chop the dill, grate the cheese.
- Grate chicken squirrels with yolks, cut the fillets and cucumbers into cubes.
- Lay out products in layers: pickled onions, chicken meat, put mayonnaise net, cucumbers, mayonnaise net, egg mixture, mayonnaise net, cheese.
- Make a recess in the middle, put almost all the dill in it. Arrange the sides with potatoes.
- Cut quail eggs in half, remove the yolks and mix with salt and dill, grate the processed cheese there, mix with mayonnaise. Mixture fill the proteins, put on a dill pillow.
If there are no potatoes, then cooking the grouse nest with chips will be even easier, because no time will be spent on roasting. The resulting snack looks original in the photo and in life, by adding smoked chicken and pickled champignons has a savory taste. Varieties of lettuce will be step-by-step production of all products or laying them in layers.
- smoked chicken - 0.2 kg,
- marinated champignons - jar,
- chips - 0.2 kg,
- onions - 3 pcs.,
- canned cucumber - 2 pcs.,
- hard cheese - 150 g,
- egg - 3 pcs.,
- garlic - clove
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
- salad leaves - 2 pcs.,
- parsley - bunch,
- mayonnaise - package.
- Meat cut into strips, cucumbers with mushrooms - diced, onion - slices and fry in oil.
- Chop garlic, chop the greens.
- Separate boiled proteins from yolks.
- Proteins large rub.
- Grate some of the cheese, and grate a second.
- Mix chopped yolk, finely grated cheese, greens with garlic and mayonnaise. Blind from the mass of 3 balls.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with lettuce leaves, lay out the layers: meat, mayonnaise net, mushrooms, onion, mayonnaise net, proteins, mayonnaise net, cucumbers, cheese, mayonnaise net.
- Cover with chips, put balls in the middle.