Golden milk, or turmeric milk, refers to Ayurvedic drinks. Its value is inherent in its properties and ability to improve the activity of the organism as a whole. The history of this drink, its recipe, what is the effect, whether golden milk with turmeric has contraindications - we will look at this article.
History of golden milk recipe
This drink came to us from India, where it exists from ancient times and is popular now. The relation to milk in India has always been special, it was believed that it should be used to treat and avoid diseases of the nervous and hormonal systems.
There is also a special relationship to turmeric in this country, so it’s not surprising that they have combined these two components in traditional medicine, and they are also believed to be able to enhance the healing properties of each other. Golden milk in India has always been revered as a beverage that carries health and youth.
In traditional medicine of China and India, turmeric, or Indian saffron, as it is called, has long been famous for its ability to cleanse the body. Although in many countries it is perceived simply as a harmless spice. However, if there are certain health problems, it is advisable to minimize the use of turmeric:
- In the presence of stones in the gall and blockage of its paths, as it relates to strong choleretic agents. Symptoms of this situation can be diarrhea and nausea.
- While taking any medication, especially diabetic, as turmeric has the ability to enhance their effect several times. Due to the fact that it is capable of thinning the blood, it can not be used together with drugs prescribed for varicose veins and heart attack.
- The same applies to both drugs and folk remedies with herbs.
- It has golden milk with turmeric contraindications and during pregnancy. This is due to its ability to improve uterine tone. During the first weeks this is especially true.
How to brew gold milk
The recipe for golden milk with turmeric exists both in the classical form and with additives. Considering that it has been used for a long time and not only in India, then, having become acquainted with it in other countries, people added components to it based on their traditional medicine. In addition, it is known that golden milk can be taken both for general recovery and for the elimination of certain problems. The composition of golden milk:
- Oil GI (rendered) or vegetable, for example, almond, sea buckthorn or other.
It should be noted, traditional medicine warns that honey, warmed up higher than 60 degrees, not only loses its healing properties, but can become harmful to the human body. By the way, traditional medicine already speaks about it, so it is better to use it either while drinking or adding to the drink, after preheating a little. So, golden milk from turmeric recipes:
Method number 1. It is necessary to cook pasta from turmeric. For this purpose should be mixed powder from turmeric (40 gr.) and water (150 gr). This mixture should be boiled and cooked for 5-8 minutes. When it acquires the mustard consistency, it should be removed from the heat and cooled. Due to the fact that the paste can be stored in the refrigerator for 20 to 40 days, it can be prepared in large quantities.
It is necessary to warm the milk, but in no case bring it to a boil and add 1 teaspoon of pasta to it, 1-2 teaspoons of ghee or vegetable oil. That's basically it.
Method number 2. Turmeric (1st spoon.) Pour boiling water (0.25 cup) and mix thoroughly. Add warm unboiled milk (0.75 cups) and honey to taste.
Method number 3. To cleanse the body. 0.5 teaspoon of turmeric per 200 ml of milk. Drink with the addition of honey, but without oil.
Method number 4. Prepare golden milk, as indicated in the first recipe, and add a little cinnamon.
Perhaps after reading this article, you yourself can offer a new recipe for golden milk with turmeric or additives that are not mentioned here.
How to take golden milk
Given that turmeric paste can be stored for a long time in the refrigerator (preferably in glassware), the next portion of the drink can be prepared immediately before the reception. This is very convenient, since golden milk will not have time to lose its healing properties, and supplements to each serving can be made different.
In general, it is recommended to take it with a treatment course of 40 days, which can be carried out only once a year. Drinking 1 glass a day is better before bedtime. In addition, when used, it is worth paying attention to the fact that turmeric paste is very poorly soluble in milk, so in this case, you can mop up with a spoon.
Properties of golden milk
Whether golden milk with turmeric is contraindicated, and what specific we will look at later, but we can talk a lot about its beneficial properties.
First of all, it should be noted that, taking golden milk, you can feel an enhanced sense of thirst. In this case, it is recommended to use water as needed, because, after all, water consumption has not prevented any organism, especially if there is a need to eliminate toxins, toxins and any unnecessary substances that accumulate for a long time and poison the body.
Due to its properties, golden milk with turmeric for weight loss is simply an indispensable product:
- Firstly, it perfectly cleanses the body as a whole and removes toxins and slags from the liver.
- Secondly, it is able to normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as reduces appetite.
Golden milk with turmeric for joints is also a valuable product, due to the properties of which:
- the whole skeletal system can be maintained in order, and these are not only the joints, but also the bones,
- it can restore grease between joints and vertebrae and get rid of salts,
- it has a beneficial effect on blood formation and blood purification,
- has antioxidant properties, that is able to destroy free radicals and thereby reduce the risk of cancer, prevents the formation of blood clots, has a beneficial effect on the nervous system,
- strengthens the immune system and increases the body's stress resistance.
Indications for use
The fact that you should drink golden milk with turmeric, the benefits of which are enormous, can not speak. But let's see in which cases you should definitely drink it:
- During colds, especially if they are accompanied by a breakdown and dry cough.
- To restore the capillary grid of blood vessels and clean them.
- With arthritis and arthritis.
- With excessive weight and to reduce appetite.
- To clean the liver.
- To stimulate immunity, especially important during epidemics the flu.
- When problems with the functioning of the liver and stomach.
- With scars, stretch marks and acne, turmeric with milk can be used as an external remedy: spread on problem areas, leave to dry completely, and after rinsing with warm water, massage these places.
- In Alzheimer's disease, because due to its properties, turmeric enhances the function of oxygen supply to the brain.
- Burns, wounds, infections, skin diseases.
Golden milk with turmeric: contraindications
When it is not recommended to take golden milk:
- With personal intolerance to its products.
- If you use some other herbs and do not know how they will interact with turmeric.
- In the period of acute illness.
Well and, of course, if there are doubts about the reception of this drink, it is best to consult with your doctor. In fact, it is very encouraging that golden milk turmeric contraindications have minimal. After all, today a lot of health remedies are advertised for commercial purposes and have nothing in common with useful health products. This milk is tasty, useful, and reviews about it are not left for mercenary purposes.
Drink and children
Golden milk with turmeric for children in general is not contraindicated, but from a certain period, that is, from 2 years. But in fairness it should be noted: in view of the uniqueness of our organisms - and children are no exception - before taking certain means of folk or traditional medicine, it will be useful to consult a doctor.
Golden milk turmeric reviews
There are a lot of reviews about gold milk, so I had to divide them into groups. So, what consumers are talking about:
- The fact that golden milk from turmeric recipes is simple, and no one had any difficulties with its preparation.
- On the excellent taste, while many say that the amount of oil in the recipe is either reduced to 1 spoon, or eliminated altogether. But it is, as a rule, those who do not tolerate oil on the spirit, and the recipe has not lost its valuable properties.
- After 3-4 days, there was lightness in the legs and the absence of "burning" in the feet.
- The overall health, the quality of the skin of the face and hair improved in short lines.
- Especially enthusiastic reviews were left by people who, having started the course for the first time in 1-2 weeks, got results for improving their general health and lost weight.
Golden milk from turmeric reviews has only positive. In addition, a lot of questions are asked by potential consumers, and this suggests that people, before taking something, look for information, read, delve into and ask questions.
What it is?
Golden Milk is a drink that is well known in Ayurvedic studies. It is made from milk and turmeric, and it is precisely because of the main component and the bright golden color of the spice that this name is obtained. This drink was consumed long ago, and to this day it remains popular due to its benefits.
- Turmeric is a wonderful natural antiseptic that, moreover, has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- This amazing drink is incredibly useful for joints, so it can be used to treat a variety of diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
- “Golden Milk” boosts immunity and has a fortifying effect on the body, helping it fight infections.
- The drink can be used to detoxify the liver, that is, its cleansing from harmful substances.
- This remedy improves memory and normalizes brain activity.
- It is noticed that turmeric helps relieve spasm and eliminate pain.
- The composition includes antioxidants that neutralize the activity of free radicals and thereby prevent the development of cancer and slow down the aging process of tissues.
- The drink is good for the gastrointestinal tract.
- Golden Milk improves the functioning of the nervous system and has a mild sedative effect.
- Turmeric accelerates metabolic processes and thus helps to lose weight.
- The drink reduces the level of "harmful" cholesterol in the blood.
- This tool helps to normalize blood pressure levels.
- "Golden Milk" is good for the skin, as it visibly refreshes it and improves color.
- This unique drink has an expectorant effect and allows you to treat diseases of the respiratory system.
- Turmeric has a choleretic effect.
Contra indications are few. These include the period of pregnancy, children's age (up to two or three years), exacerbation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder disease, severe kidney and liver diseases, as well as individual intolerance to certain components. It is worth remembering that the drink can cause allergies.
How to cook?
How to cook Golden Milk? You will need:
- one glass of milk
- 50 ml of pure water (preferably filtered)
- one teaspoon of turmeric,
- one teaspoon of coconut oil,
- one teaspoon of honey.
- First you need to make a paste of turmeric. To do this, bring the water to a boil, stir the turmeric well in it and cook the mixture for five or seven minutes.
- Next, heat the milk (preferably not very fat), but do not bring it to a boil.
- Dissolve ready-made turmeric paste in milk.
- Add coconut oil and natural honey to the drink.
- Mix everything thoroughly and drink.
How to use?
It is recommended to take a drink once a day, preferably at bedtime or at least in the afternoon. The course of treatment usually lasts 30-40 days and is carried out two or three times a year. For prophylaxis, you can use Golden Milk for one to two weeks twice or three times a year.
- To enhance the effect, you can mix a pinch of red pepper with turmeric.
- Start the application with small amounts to follow the reaction.
- You can make a paste of turmeric in larger quantities, store it in the refrigerator and add it to the milk in parts. To do this, heat a glass of water and stir about 50 grams of turmeric in it, boil the mixture for five minutes. It should turn out the mass, the consistency of sour cream.
- The recipe can be slightly changed. For example, increase the amount of turmeric or add more honey. And coconut oil, which is not so easy to buy, can be replaced by more affordable olive oil.
Be sure to prepare this drink, start taking it and evaluate the result!
Useful properties of milk with turmeric
Turmeric has many species, but only 3 of them are considered the most useful. They belong to the genus of ginger. The main similarity of all representatives is a dense root with a thin skin. Turmeric is produced by drying and grinding the roots to a powder. When added to dishes or drinks, it paints them in a golden yellow color, so milk with seasoning is called “golden”.
The use of milk with turmeric is largely determined by the set of qualities of the spice itself. The chemical composition of turmeric is unique because it includes:
- Curcumin. The main substance, because of which the spice got its name "natural antibiotic." Helps prevent the development of cancer cells. Used in folk medicine as an antiseptic, removes inflammatory formations,
- Starch. Known carbohydrate, contributing to the production of glucose in the body,
- Vitamins of group B. Their use for hair growth is to revitalize the hair follicles,
- Useful micro and macronutrients,
- Fatty acid. Milk has its own beneficial ingredients:
- Calcium is present in milk in three different types: free calcium, calcium citrates and calcium associated with casein,
- Vitamins of groups B, A and D, with which the product is so rich, are necessary for the full functioning of the body.
As you know, mixing the two ingredients increases the individual wholesome qualities of each. Medicinal properties of turmeric with milk:
- Enhance immunity. Reception means allows you to strengthen the body's defenses, recover from past illnesses,
- Improve digestion. Acts on intestinal peristalsis, helps the absorption of food, relieves inflammation of the pancreas,
- Cleansing the body of toxic substances. The mechanism of action is the ability of the drink to eliminate toxins in the urine. In addition, the properties of the composition have a beneficial effect on the liver and spleen,
- Removal of cough, sore throat,
- Elimination of bone inflammation. Applicable for diseases of the joints, arthrosis or arthritis. This effect is due to the property of spices - to reduce oxidative processes.
- Reducing the risk of heart disease and blood vessels. In this case, the action of the drink is aimed at strengthening the walls of blood vessels and restoring normal blood circulation.
- Positive effect on the nervous system and brain function. Because of its ability to thin the blood, it has beneficial properties - to relieve headaches, promote vasodilation, improve memory, relieve stress.
Spice is able to act as a plant estrogen substitute. This hormone plays an important role in the state of the female reproductive system. The properties of milk with turmeric are beneficial in alleviating menstrual cramps in women, which is associated with a general firming effect.
The substances that make up the powder, help stop the development of cancer cells, so drinking the drink can be regarded as prevention of cancer. This is the main benefit of the use of funds for women.
From what age milk with turmeric can be given to children.
In the application for children, care must be taken, given that the spice has pronounced healing properties. Children under 2 years of age are not recommended, after 2 years they are used in small quantities in order not to provoke diarrhea or abdominal distention: then the harm from taking may exceed its benefit. In any case, consultation with a pediatrician is required.
Golden Milk with Turmeric Slimming
Women in an effort to get a slim figure try different means. Дуэт двух рассматриваемых компонентов способствует сжиганию жиров. Принцип действия прост.Turmeric improves digestion, removes toxins, and tidies the pancreas.
It can be part of the drinks that are used in the diet. With its addition, kefir and yogurt cocktails are prepared, and spice is used in the preparation of dietary dishes, seasoned with soups, fish and vegetables.
How to make golden turmeric milk
Many people think that cooking is to pour seasoning into a liquid. It's a delusion. For the base you will need to prepare a mixture. After that, the recipes differ in the type of additives: use ginger, cinnamon, coriander, which is mixed with milk and turmeric.
Stage 1 - cooking turmeric paste for golden milk:
- turmeric powder - 2 tbsp. lt
- water - 1 cup,
- vegetable or olive oil - 2-3 tablespoons,
- black pepper, ground - 1 tsp,
- Milk - 1 cup.
The powder is mixed with water, boiled over low heat for 7 minutes to obtain a mixture of dense homogeneous consistency, after cooling in golden milk, add pepper and butter. This is done in order to ensure better absorption by the body. The condition is optional, but forms the basis of the classic recipe.
Stage 2 - adding 1 tsp of pasta to boiling milk.
Turmeric with milk and honey
The benefits of milk with turmeric and honey increase due to the healing properties of honey. Use this recipe for golden milk for colds, as well as for the treatment of cough. When heated, honey has the peculiarity of forming harmful compounds, so it is added only to the cooled mixture.
Turmeric with milk and ginger
Gold milk can also be boiled using ginger. This variant has been known since ancient times, the traditional Indian recipe is passed down from generation to generation. It uses the same amount of grated ginger and turmeric.
The mixture is infused for 25 minutes, filtered to get rid of the pieces of ginger. Sugar is used to improve the taste.
Fresh turmeric root with milk
The root of the plant is similar to the related ginger root, so you can make golden milk by the same principle. Cooking using fresh grated turmeric root increases the content of the main substance - curcumin:
- turmeric root - 50 gr,
- milk - 25 ml.
Rub root, pour liquid, boil. To enhance the effect, use cinnamon, coriander or black pepper.
The use of golden milk in folk medicine
Ayurveda as one of the varieties of alternative medicine has long used turmeric for medicinal purposes. The benefits of the use of proven centuries of life of the Indian people. In the modern world, when mixing religions, worldviews and traditions, recipes with the addition of turmeric have long become the property of traditional medicine outside of India.
For cough and sore throat
For the treatment of ENT diseases take milk with turmeric and honey for the night. The components soften the sore throat, soothe irritation, which helps to prevent coughing.
Strong tickling is eliminated by adding fresh ginger or ginger powder.
For joint pain
The recipe is beneficial to those who are prone to diseases of the joints:
- a mixture of turmeric - 1, 5 tbsp,
- milk - 1 cup,
- Almond oil - 1 tbsp. l
Milk is boiled with almond oil, pour the mixture and cool it. As a result of mixing with the valuable almond oil, the benefits of golden milk from turmeric increase.
Golden milk with garlic for cleaning vessels
The purpose of vessel cleansing is to get rid of cholesterol plaques, as well as to prevent their formation. The recipe involves the use of garlic. Take care not to harm the body.
To the drink prepared according to the classic recipe, add chopped garlic, let it brew, filter.
The paste is diluted with a small amount of warm liquid, brought to a consistency that can be applied to the face. Mask hold about 10 minutes, then wash off with water. The mask has the ability to smooth fine wrinkles, soothe the inflamed areas. The benefits of the application is visible after the first application.
Golden Milk Bath
One of the varieties of Cleopatra's bath. Milk is useful for the skin of the whole body, turmeric as an additive increases the healing effect.
On 2 liters take 5 tablespoons of turmeric paste, 300 gr. honey Water temperature should not exceed + 40 °, otherwise honey forms harmful compounds. After the bath, the skin of the body is wiped dry and treated with a healthy nourishing cream.
How to drink milk with turmeric
Turmeric paste is stored in the refrigerator for about a month, a portion is prepared immediately before use, so that it does not lose its beneficial properties. The course depends on the purpose of use, the maximum reception - 30 days, then take a break. To learn how to cook golden milk, you can watch the video.
Milk with turmeric to increase bust
- turmeric mixture - 1 tbsp. lt
- milk - 1 cup,
- Vitamin E - 1 capsule.
They drink golden milk for 30 days, before going to bed, combining it with exercise.
The benefits of milk with turmeric
Golden yellow powder of turmeric is not accidentally called a natural antibiotic or natural aspirin. Its use inside is really very useful. Turmeric has powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, disinfecting and wound-healing properties. It helps to cope with a headache, quickly cure a cold, get rid of edema.
In combination with milk, the wonderful properties of turmeric are enhanced. Golden milk with turmeric has a wide range of therapeutic uses:
• relieves pain of any localization,
• literally 2-3 days cure a cold,
• strengthens the immune forces of the body,
• normalizes the work of the intestines and digestive organs, stopping diarrhea,
• promotes rapid elimination of toxins from the body,
• clean the liver and blood,
• reduces blood pressure in hypertension,
• has a beneficial effect on the articular tissue and bone system, strengthening them,
• relieves skin from irritation, redness, makes it very beautiful, healthy, supple,
• considered to be a preventive measure for cancer and Alzheimer's disease,
• effectively reduces excess weight.
If you take milk with turmeric all the time, you can get rid of salt deposits, arthritic pain and inflammation of the joints, strengthen the nerves, make the spine more flexible and healthy. This is an indispensable product for the preservation of youth and beauty. In addition, it has a good effect on the activity of brain cells, increasing mental activity.
How to make milk with turmeric
There are several basic recipes for cooking milk with turmeric, the benefits and harms of which are of great interest today. Which recipe to choose is not really that important. In any case, you get a delicious healing drink.
Before breeding turmeric in milk, it is necessary to prepare a special paste from it. It is easy to store and dissolve as needed.
• a quarter cup of turmeric blemish,
• half a cup of cooled boiling water,
• half a spoonful of ground hot pepper (you can take less if you want to make a not too sharp drink).
All components of the future paste must be mixed, carefully split the lumps with a fork and put on fire. When the water boils, boil the mixture on low heat for 7 minutes. It is important to stir constantly so that the mixture does not burn. As a result, in due time in the saucepan a thick beautiful mass is formed. It needs to be cooled, put into a glass jar and sent to the refrigerator. Pasta base is stored in the cold for exactly a month. After 30 days it is not usable.
Another recipe for turmeric paste makes it possible to get a non-sharp product: it does not contain red pepper. Therefore, the taste is softer.
• two tablespoons of turmeric (with hill),
• a glass of drinking water.
Yellow powder and water mix, pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil. After the liquid starts to boil, simmer for ten minutes over low heat, not forgetting to stir constantly. Boiled pasta will also turn out rather thick: its consistency will resemble shop-dressing. Pasta from turmeric just poured into a glass container and stored on the shelf of the refrigerator.
What to do with the finished pasta? Prepare a wonderful drink from it, just spreading it in milk. And there are a lot of recipes for milk with turmeric, the benefits and harms of which are known to fans of Ayurvedic medicine.
In a glass of milk stir a teaspoon of the finished paste. Milk can be taken not only cow, but also any other to taste: soybean, goat, almond, sesame, coconut. Put the milk on the fire and bring to a boil. When the milk has cooled slightly, add a teaspoon of bee honey and the same amount of any useful oil (kuzutnogo, almond, coconut or regular sunflower). Stir and drink.
You can do everything much easier without adding butter and honey. You just need to heat the milk to the desired comfort temperature (not allowing it to boil) and stir the pasta in it. In a glass of milk in the same way take a teaspoon of pasta.
Milk recipes with turmeric for colds, insomnia, arthritis
You can make golden milk with turmeric without first boiling the powder to a paste. There are a lot of recipes for a simple and healthy drink, and they can be used to treat various ailments, including as an ambulance for a cold.
To cure sore throat, it is not necessary to use pharmacy tools. A wonderful recipe of ancient Ayurveda will help to do it quickly and completely safely. In addition to the sore throat, milk prepared in this way will soften the cough and bring down the temperature.
• a quarter cup of warm boiled water,
• half a spoon of turmeric powder,
• a teaspoon of ground dried ginger.
All components of the homemade medicine must be mixed, topped up with milk and put on fire. Boil the boiled mixture over low heat for 2-3 minutes, cool slightly and add some honey to taste. Instead of honey, you can put sugar. It is very good to drink such milk with turmeric for the night: the cough will subside, and in the morning there will be a noticeable relief.
To relieve pain (headache, chronic pain in the spine, symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis), getting rid of insomnia, you can drink a glass of milk with turmeric for the night. This recipe is also suitable for getting rid of diarrhea or indigestion. In this case, you need to drink milk during the day, half an hour before meals.
It is very simple to prepare the medicine: you only need to stir a pinch of turmeric in a glass of warm milk (about a quarter of a teaspoon).
Golden milk for obesity
Turmeric is an excellent means of getting rid of a few pounds of excess weight. To lose weight, you need to prepare milk according to any of the fat burning recipes below.
Boil an incomplete glass of milk and separate some water. In a glass put a tablespoon of turmeric, pour boiling water over a quarter and mix. Add a glass to the top with slightly cooled milk, sweeten with honey to taste (you can not put honey) and drink at night.
Another fat burning recipe involves the use of kefir. Ingredients are as follows:
• half a liter of nonfat kefir,
• tablespoon of turmeric powder,
• a tablespoon of fresh grated ginger root (can be replaced with dried ginger powder),
• three tablespoons of black tea,
• a teaspoon of honey,
All ingredients except kefir, mix and pour boiling water. After the infusion has cooled, strain it and combine with kefir. Replace drink breakfast or dinner.
Harm from milk with turmeric
Does turmeric milk have contraindications? If there is no allergy to turmeric itself or milk, then healthy people can use the drink without harm to health.
The only thing to avoid is an overdose. Any excess leads to sad consequences. In the case of turmeric, it can be constipation, heartburn, elevated cholesterol, a decrease in the body's immune response, hypotension, a drop in blood sugar levels, alopecia.
In addition, contraindications for milk with turmeric appear in the presence of the following diseases:
• the presence of stones in the bile ducts,
• taking any medication.
People suffering from any chronic illness need to consult with a doctor about the possibility of using turmeric.
Important,that three weeks before the intended operation it is necessary to stop using turmeric. The fact is that the spice dilutes the blood, and therefore can cause bleeding during surgery.
How to make golden milk
To begin with, prepare turmeric paste:
- Take two tablespoons of turmeric and a glass of water.
- Mix turmeric with water in a small saucepan.
- Put the mixture on the fire and bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
We got a brown paste, similar in texture to ketchup. We fold the turmeric paste into a jar and put it in the refrigerator for storage. Its shelf life is one month.
Recipe for Golden Milk with Pepper
The main trump card of this recipe is to add black ground pepper to turmeric. Pepper contains piperine: a substance by which the active action of learning turmeric is doubled!
Ingredients for cooking:
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 cup,
- Ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp,
- Filtered water - 1/2 cup.
How to make a drink
- For one glass of milk (milk can be normal, almond, coconut) take one teaspoon of turmeric paste.
- Add the paste to the milk and mix, heat the milk, but do not bring to a boil. You can, if desired, add one teaspoon of coconut oil or any syrup to taste. Honey in the hot milk does not add, wait until it becomes warm.
Healing drink is ready, drink and heal with pleasure!
Milk with turmeric. Benefit for health
First of all, let's consider the health benefits of milk with turmeric. The benefits of golden milk are primarily due to the amazing properties of turmeric that are beneficial to the body, which are complemented by other ingredients of this healing drink.
It is a good remedy for digestive problems.
Turmeric improves digestion, helps relieve bloating, and heartburn as a result of gastric reflux. Curcumin in turmeric increases the flow of bile, which helps in the digestion of fat. Curcumin can prevent and treat gastrointestinal infections and get rid of parasites. In addition, turmeric helps in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and protects the pancreas.
Milk with turmeric can treat diarrhea and indigestion. To do this, you must use skimmed milk (high-fat milk can aggravate diarrhea).
Turmeric is an excellent blood purifier.
Turmeric has always been considered an excellent detoxification remedy. Blood toxins are the main causes of many abnormal skin conditions and other diseases. Turmeric helps to get rid of toxic blood impurities, improving liver function, which is assigned to identify these toxins and find a way to eliminate them. The diuretic effect of the spice helps excrete these toxins through urine. In addition, milk with turmeric benefits the health of the spleen, useful in anemia and thalassemia.
Helps with cold, cough and sore throat
Turmeric milk is traditionally used to treat coughs, colds, sore throats and respiratory infections. The antiviral and antibacterial properties of turmeric can help fight infections, while the anti-inflammatory properties help alleviate the symptoms of the disease. A cup of warm milk with turmeric before bed will reduce the night cough and ensure a restful sleep.
Helps with joint diseases
Turmeric is an effective remedy for treating joints and disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Drinking milk with turmeric for arthritis, osteoarthritis, bursitis relieves inflammation, protects bone tissue, reduces pain and improves joint mobility better than pharmaceutical drugs. It also helps in the treatment of bone fractures, pain in muscles and ligaments.
(Read more: Turmeric is an effective remedy for diseases of the joints. Recipes for the use of turmeric for arthritis, arthrosis and bursitis.)
Useful for the brain and nervous system.
Golden milk can relieve headaches. Diluting blood, turmeric, improves blood circulation, which will be especially useful for people suffering from frequent headaches and migraines. In addition, turmeric has a beneficial effect on the brain and nervous system. It is recommended for depression, nervous disorders and over-stimulation, it improves memory and helps with insomnia.
It is a firming agent for the liver and gallbladder.
Laboratory tests and clinical studies have demonstrated the ability of curcumin to prevent and reverse cirrhosis and fatty liver disease. Curcumin protects the liver from intoxication due to excessive alcohol consumption, the detrimental effects of heavy metals, drugs and other toxic compounds. Употребление куркумы улучшает работу желчного пузыря и предотвращает появление желчных камней.
Attention! Людям, у которых есть камни в желчном пузыре или закупорены желчные протоки следует избегать приема куркумы.
Способствует метаболическому здоровью
Studies have shown that curcumin is able to regulate various metabolic processes in the body. The use of turmeric stimulates insulin secretion and lowers blood sugar levels. In addition, this healing drink reduces cholesterol, prevents fat deposits and promotes weight loss.
(Read more: Turmeric in the fight against high cholesterol)
Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
The use of this healing drink reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It prevents thrombosis, helps with atherosclerosis, stabilizes blood pressure and heart rate. Vitamins C and P contained in turmeric help to strengthen blood vessels. Curcumin helps in the treatment of arrhythmias, cardiomyopathy and myocardial infarction.
Milk with turmeric for women's health
Turmeric is very beneficial for the health of the reproductive system of both women and men.
Golden milk has many advantages for gynecological diseases (uterine fibroma, endometriosis, vaginitis, leukorrhea, polycystic ovary syndrome ...), during menopause, and to reduce the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
Curcumin is a uterine stimulator that promotes the free flow of the menstrual cycle. For this reason, during pregnancy, turmeric should be avoided in therapeutic doses.
Golden milk for skin
Turmeric has traditionally been used in the preparation of various cosmetics. The external use of turmeric makes the skin smooth, removes wrinkles and other signs of premature aging, helps against acne and promotes faster wound healing. Milk with turmeric further enhances these effects and cleanses the skin from skin rashes, irritation, peeling and rosacea. Regular intake of golden milk provides tremendous relief to patients with eczema. Eczema is often seen as a skin problem, but it has deeper roots. The immunomodulating effect of curcumin and its detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties alleviate symptoms and prevent outbreaks.
The basic recipe for making golden milk
To make golden milk from turmeric, you first need to make a paste that will be added to the milk to make a drink. Cooking milk with pasta is convenient because the cooked pasta can be stored in the refrigerator for about a month.
To make a paste, take 2 tablespoons of a good turmeric powder and add one glass of pure water and stir to a slurry.
Put the mixture on a slow fire and cook constantly, stirring for at least 7 minutes, until a thick, viscous paste is formed. If the mixture becomes too thick, add a little water, but if the paste is not thick enough, add a little powder.
Remove the cooked pasta from the heat and let it cool down after which it should be put in a glass container and stored in the refrigerator.
It is known that turmeric itself is poorly absorbed in the body, but its bioavailability (active absorption) is greatly increased if taken with fats or black pepper. Black pepper contains the active substance piperine, which increases the bioavailability of curcumin up to 2000%!
Therefore, 1/3 cup (70 ml) of vegetable oil (coconut oil, linseed oil or olive oil) can be added to the cooked pasta. And one teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
Note that the addition of pepper is not mandatory, and the oil can be added both directly to the paste, and then directly to the drink prepared with the paste.
Cooking Golden Milk
To prepare the drink, bring to a boil, not allowing it to boil, one glass of milk and add 1 teaspoon of cooked pasta to it.
Note that it is not necessary to take only cow's milk; you can use goat, soybean, coconut, almond or any other milk.
For a better assimilation of turmeric, it is recommended to add ½ - 1 teaspoon of sesame, almond or coconut oil, or ghee (clarified butter) to the drink. You can also add sweet syrup to taste.
Attention for the treatment of diarrhea and indigestion, you must use skimmed milk (high-fat milk can aggravate diarrhea).
Golden Milk with Honey
Adding honey will give milk with turmeric even more benefits. But we must remember that in hot milk (as in other and other drinks) honey not only loses all its medicinal properties, but also becomes dangerous. In addition, when honey is heated to 50-60 degrees, all useful enzymes and vitamins are destroyed in it, hydroxymethyl-furfural is dangerous for the body and can cause food poisoning, and with regular use other serious diseases. Therefore, honey can only be added to the cooled drink or putting 1 tsp. honey in your mouth with a glass of golden milk.
Recipe for Milk with Fresh Turmeric Root
A piece of turmeric root from 1.5 to 2.5 cm is heated from 250 ml of milk within 15 minutes, the milk should come to a boil, but not boil. Strain the resulting drink and let it cool.
Drink prepared in this way helps with diarrhea (use skimmed milk), can soothe inflammation, strengthens bones, and is effective in fighting free radicals.
Milk with turmeric and ginger
This simple recipe has been used in India for centuries, to soothe sore throat and cough, and with fever.
Drinking a glass of milk with turmeric and ginger for the night will reduce the symptoms of the disease or go away completely in the morning.
Add in a лож cup of water half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of ginger of grated ginger root and mix well. Add milk to the glass. Heat the mixture for a few minutes until the milk almost boils.
Let this mixture stand for a few minutes.
To this drink, you can add honey or sugar to taste. Stir and reheat for several minutes. Honey should be added only to the cooled milk (the temperature of the drink should be no higher than 50 degrees), in this case it is not necessary to re-heat it again.
Strain the mixture to get rid of the pieces of ginger and turmeric. Drink hot or warm ate you made a drink with honey.
For better assimilation by the body of turmeric, in addition to ginger, silent black pepper can be added to the milk prepared in this way. Contained in black pepper, piperine increases the absorption of curcumin by the body up to 20 times!
As a supplement to this recipe, several cardamom pods (cracks) and a pinch of saffron can be added to the mixture of milk and water besides turmeric and ginger.
Golden milk harm and contraindications
The use of turmeric as a seasoning for food is considered absolutely harmless. When taking turmeric for therapeutic purposes, including in the form of golden milk, in spite of the amazing healing properties of this drink, it still has a number of contraindications.
The main contraindications to receiving golden milk are:
- Individual intolerance to turmeric,
- kidney disease in which the formation of stones,
- the presence of gallstones, bile ducts or kidneys,
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- medication, blood thinning (aspirin, antiplatelet drugs, warfarin)
- the presence of bleeding,
- preparation for surgery (taking turmeric should be stopped at least two weeks before the planned operation)
- chronic gastrointestinal diseases,
- chronic diseases in the acute stage,
- You can not give turmeric to children under two years old,
The use of spices in large quantities even in the absence of contraindications can lead to problems with the gastrointestinal tract. It should be borne in mind that turmeric lowers blood pressure, which is especially important for hypotensive people and people with hypertension and taking drugs to lower blood pressure (turmeric can greatly increase their effect)
The main thing to remember: for turmeric to benefit, not harm, it should be taken in moderation.
Read more about contraindications here.
The benefits and harms of golden milk from turmeric are issues that concern those who are used to using traditional medicine. It is necessary to carefully weigh all the arguments, analyze the state of your health and find a recipe. Taking the drink will not harm if you cook it correctly and use it in moderation.
Drink - golden milk with turmeric has positive reviews.
The benefits of "golden milk"
People have called turmeric as a natural antibiotic for a reason. The root of this plant is due to its chemical composition. has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, disinfectant, anti-edema, analgesic and tonic effect. In tandem with milk, the benefits of turmeric increase significantly. We recommend to read the article on what is turmeric.
We list some medicinal properties of "golden milk":
- strengthening of bones, cartilage tissue, elimination of pain syndromes,
- prevention of arthritis, arthrosis, rheumatism,
- cleansing the liver, blood, intestines,
- detoxification effect, removal of toxins,
- suppression of the reproduction of pathogenic organisms in the intestine and the normalization of normal microflora,
- increasing the body's resistance to various infections,
- blood pressure stabilization
- improvement of the condition and color of the skin - elimination of rashes, inflammations, redness, normalization of sebum production, increase of elasticity,
- relief of symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, a significant slowdown in the progression of the disease,
- effective elimination of symptoms of colds, ARVI, ORZ,
- cough treatment
- eliminating diarrhea, improving the process of digesting food, treating various disorders in the work of the digestive organs,
- help in getting rid of extra pounds,
- ridding the body of carcinogenic substances
- prevention of the development of benign and malignant tumors,
- elimination of insomnia, nervous tension, stabilization of the emotional state.
The list of beneficial properties of "golden milk" is not limited to the above items.
Often you can find feedback from those who have experienced the effect of "golden milk" on themselves. For example, women claim that this drink helps to smooth out the manifestations of premenstrual syndrome and significantly reduce menstrual cramps. Also, both men and women note that with all the recommendations of receiving “golden milk” and passing the whole course there is improvement in the general condition, lightness in the body and peace in the soul.
How to prepare and take the "golden milk"
Turmeric with milk is a potent natural remedy, so it should be applied according to the recommendations. There are several recipes for making "golden milk". We will consider the traditional Indian version.
If anyone thinks that it is enough to pour some turmeric powder into the milk and drink such a drink, then this is not entirely true. To make the drug the way it should be, it should be prepared as follows.
- To begin, prepare the pasta. This will require:
- take about 50 g of turmeric powder,
- mix it with half a teaspoon of ground pepper (the sharpness should be adjusted depending on your own taste preferences and possibilities),
- pour half a glass of chilled boiled water,
- put on the fire and cook until you get a thick pasty mass,
- put in a glass dish, cover and refrigerate.
Remember that the paste from turmeric is stored no more than 30 days.
- Every time before drinking "golden milk" you need to prepare a fresh portion of the drink. To do this, follow these steps:
- You must take a glass of milk (you can take either cow or goat, coconut, almond or soy, if there are no contraindications) - if the drink is prepared to treat diarrhea, then the milk should be skimmed,
- add 1 tsp to milk vegetable oil - sunflower, sesame, olive or coconut,
- add 1 tsp to milk turmeric paste,
- put the mixture on the fire, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Healthy drink is ready!
If desired, you can add honey (thanks to him, the effect of turmeric is enhanced).
You should drink “golden milk” every day. Some sources indicate that it should be consumed in the morning. But most people believe that turmeric with milk at night will be more useful. Especially, if it is used for insomnia, intestinal disorders or catarrhal diseases. The recommended course of treatment is exactly 40 days.
If the body normally perceives milk and spices, and there are no contraindications to its use, then this drink is a useful and tasty remedy for various ailments.
In what cases is “golden milk” contraindicated?
You can not discount the fact that in addition to the benefits of the drink, there are some contraindications to the use of milk with turmeric:
- Since turmeric promotes blood thinning, its use should be limited if any drugs with a similar property are taken. Otherwise, bleeding may occur. You should also consult with your doctor if you are taking medications that affect blood sugar or blood pressure.
- Gastritis and peptic ulcer.
- Chronic disease.
- Pregnancy (especially the first trimester) and breastfeeding.
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drink.
Possible side effects:
- dyspeptic disorders - heartburn, bloating, constipation, diarrhea,
- lowering blood pressure
- increased cholesterol and lower blood sugar,
- hair loss.
Spice must be of high quality. Do not purchase it on the shelves where the rules for storing spices are not followed (for example, if it is in an unclosed container). It is advisable to purchase turmeric in a hermetically sealed container or pack.
If you follow all the recommendations for preparing and receiving milk with turmeric, you can not only significantly improve the condition of the diseased organ, but also improve the health of the whole body.
Prepare the “golden milk”, enjoy its unusual taste and feel its beneficial effect!